Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Biggest Weekend who's going then ? 12:19 - May 25 with 7792 viewsWxmJax

Wife and daughter on their way down this afternoon. Some good acts on. Fortunately they're staying in Sketty so can walk there.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Biggest Weekend who's going then ? on 14:07 - May 26 with 2139 viewsdickythorpe

Channel 980 on sky
Biggest Weekend who's going then ? on 14:11 - May 26 with 2127 viewsdickythorpe

Never.heard of Father John Misty but that's why I love live music events.it's eclectic and you hear people you don't know as well as those you do.
All appreciated.
Biggest Weekend who's going then ? on 14:50 - May 26 with 2100 viewsdickythorpe

Is ed sheeran taking the piss? Plenty of tech helping him here!
Biggest Weekend who's going then ? on 15:13 - May 26 with 2081 viewsdickythorpe

Beck in Belfast. I think swansea got all the kids stuff.
Biggest Weekend who's going then ? on 17:06 - May 26 with 2029 viewssquarebear

Biggest Weekend who's going then ? on 14:11 - May 26 by dickythorpe

Never.heard of Father John Misty but that's why I love live music events.it's eclectic and you hear people you don't know as well as those you do.
All appreciated.

Yeah. I remember putting the tv on to watch a bit of Glasto a few years back and a bunch of guys wandered on stage, mostly black guys, and I decided “Ahh, these are going to be piss poor Earth, Wind & Fire wannabes. I’ll just give them five minutes”.

BOOM!!! 30 minutes later and I was TV on The Radio’s biggest fan :)
[Post edited 26 May 2018 17:07]
Biggest Weekend who's going then ? on 17:28 - May 26 with 2008 viewsmoonie

Great for Swansea profile. More needed.

An indoor arena of some size with an ice rink would have been great .

Swansea Music City
Biggest Weekend who's going then ? on 23:20 - May 26 with 1904 viewsjack_lord

Biggest Weekend who's going then ? on 17:28 - May 26 by moonie

Great for Swansea profile. More needed.

An indoor arena of some size with an ice rink would have been great .

Swansea Music City

long day but enjoyed. I think the best performance was Jess Glynne.

How many people can get that sh1tfaced in the park though.....

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Biggest Weekend who's going then ? on 06:55 - May 27 with 1832 viewssquarebear

We sat in the garden for most of it as we’re only up the street a bit. Years to Years I liked best (never even heard of them but seemed to know most of their stuff). Also Ed Sheeran was good up until the neighbours mowed their lawn.

Sam Smith just seems too “lounge singer” to be the closing act . Plus he seemed to talk a lot rather than sing. Our kids opted for Bastille which was probably a good decision.
Login to get fewer ads

Biggest Weekend who's going then ? on 10:05 - May 27 with 1762 viewsLoyal

Pile of shit for people who need to be told what to like where to go and when.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Biggest Weekend who's going then ? on 10:10 - May 27 with 1751 viewsswanforthemoney

Biggest Weekend who's going then ? on 06:55 - May 27 by squarebear

We sat in the garden for most of it as we’re only up the street a bit. Years to Years I liked best (never even heard of them but seemed to know most of their stuff). Also Ed Sheeran was good up until the neighbours mowed their lawn.

Sam Smith just seems too “lounge singer” to be the closing act . Plus he seemed to talk a lot rather than sing. Our kids opted for Bastille which was probably a good decision.

Totally agree on Years and Years. Didnt know who they were, but thought they were excellent. Very entertainig. Lead singer seemed a bit highly strung, mind.

I stand in the North Stand

Biggest Weekend who's going then ? on 10:37 - May 27 with 1721 viewsItchySphincter

Biggest Weekend who's going then ? on 10:10 - May 27 by swanforthemoney

Totally agree on Years and Years. Didnt know who they were, but thought they were excellent. Very entertainig. Lead singer seemed a bit highly strung, mind.

The talent was incredible and sound systems have leapt on on in the last few years. Y & Y put on a proper show, great value for money , Ed Sheeran, who I happen to dislike normally, didn't come across as the one trick pony I'd expected - you can see he can work a crowd and why people like him. George Ezra was okay, a bit meh......nothing special and if he wasn't a R1/festival darling he would fade into obscurity. Jess Glynne was incredible I thought, a proper genuine bonafide pop star, very talented. Missed Bastille who I would have liked to have seen but the kiddywinks had had enough. :)

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Biggest Weekend who's going then ? on 10:42 - May 27 with 1715 viewsDr_Winston

There's no reason why Singleton Park can't host a couple of events like this per year. Maybe even a small festival. Swansea Council should pair up with a live promoter and make things happen.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Biggest Weekend who's going then ? on 10:45 - May 27 with 1709 viewsJackfath

Biggest Weekend who's going then ? on 10:42 - May 27 by Dr_Winston

There's no reason why Singleton Park can't host a couple of events like this per year. Maybe even a small festival. Swansea Council should pair up with a live promoter and make things happen.

Correct.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Biggest Weekend who's going then ? on 11:20 - May 27 with 1683 viewswestside

Derwen Fawr/Sketty blue rinse brigade normally stop it though.
Biggest Weekend who's going then ? on 13:38 - May 27 with 1607 viewsSkettyJack

Biggest Weekend who's going then ? on 11:20 - May 27 by westside

Derwen Fawr/Sketty blue rinse brigade normally stop it though.

I live on De La Beche Road, and we have had no grief whatsoever. Very very well organised, and communication has been top notch.
Right decision keeping my road open but one way, taxi rank well marshalled etc

Rita ora sounded decent earlier, and I thought clean bandit were good yesterday. Can hear all the bands on the other stage

Swansea council need to build on the success and exposure of this event. No reason why this cannot be at least biannual if not an annual event. Singleton could be so much more
Biggest Weekend who's going then ? on 13:48 - May 27 with 1598 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Superb stuff

Well done Swansea

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Biggest Weekend who's going then ? on 19:14 - May 27 with 1526 viewsSwanjaxs

30 seconds to Mars .... fackin amazing 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Biggest Weekend who's going then ? on 19:40 - May 27 with 1489 viewsWxmJax

Biggest Weekend who's going then ? on 13:07 - May 25 by WxmJax

We always bring the sun down. It will be dry tomorrow, trust me.

There you go, we ALWAYS bring the sun down with us. Trouble is, it's peeing down up here at the moment.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Biggest Weekend who's going then ? on 20:22 - May 27 with 1442 viewsPrivate_Partz

Biggest Weekend who's going then ? on 13:38 - May 27 by SkettyJack

I live on De La Beche Road, and we have had no grief whatsoever. Very very well organised, and communication has been top notch.

Rita ora sounded decent earlier, and I thought clean bandit were good yesterday. Can hear all the bands on the other stage

Swansea council need to build on the success and exposure of this event. No reason why this cannot be at least biannual if not an annual event. Singleton could be so much more

I think it has been a real sucess for Swansea. Not my type of music in the main but smashing to see the fans having a great time and singing everything word for word. Shows Swansea can support such events and I hope it is not lost on promoters.
Singleton is a massive area for such concerts and right in the centre of the City.
I hope we can build on this. Swansea has come out if it very well. It is needed as we have been virtually ignored for gigs with them up the road getting everything.
Great also that the weather held out. That is assuming Florence and her Machine don't get soaked ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Biggest Weekend who's going then ? on 20:33 - May 27 with 1419 viewslifelong

Biggest Weekend who's going then ? on 20:22 - May 27 by Private_Partz

I think it has been a real sucess for Swansea. Not my type of music in the main but smashing to see the fans having a great time and singing everything word for word. Shows Swansea can support such events and I hope it is not lost on promoters.
Singleton is a massive area for such concerts and right in the centre of the City.
I hope we can build on this. Swansea has come out if it very well. It is needed as we have been virtually ignored for gigs with them up the road getting everything.
Great also that the weather held out. That is assuming Florence and her Machine don't get soaked ;-)

Wonderful seeing so many young people enjoy themselves in our great city.
Biggest Weekend who's going then ? on 20:34 - May 27 with 1413 viewsSwanjaxs

Biggest Weekend who's going then ? on 20:33 - May 27 by lifelong

Wonderful seeing so many young people enjoy themselves in our great city.

Brilliant fair play! Wish I had bought that time machine now 😁

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Biggest Weekend who's going then ? on 20:35 - May 27 with 1411 viewsMuteswan

Biggest Weekend who's going then ? on 14:11 - May 26 by dickythorpe

All appreciated.

This is what I say about the Swansea Jazz Festival, very different styles of music and it’s good to listen to unfamiliar types of music. You cannot beat live music. Without support ,live music would disappear. I sincerely hope that the weekend has been a success, the weather turned out to be much better than forecast. The tv pictures look amazing.
Long live live music. Whatever genre.😀
Biggest Weekend who's going then ? on 20:43 - May 27 with 1389 viewsjack2jack

Biggest Weekend who's going then ? on 13:38 - May 27 by SkettyJack

Drove along Mumbles Road earlier, bit surprised how quiet the car parks were.
I'm guessing most parked in nearby streets or used public transport, taxis etc.
Anyway, what a fantastic showcase for the City, some of the high level shots of the park and backdrop are just wonderful.
Well done to all involved in planning and organising the event.
Biggest Weekend who's going then ? on 21:08 - May 27 with 1338 viewsScotia

What an event. Proved that Singleton could host Wales only "mainstream" big festival, long term. It's a cracking venue, it would be great if it could happen before someone organises one 40 miles up the road.

It's a shame that the Fflam festival planned a couple of years ago never happened.
Biggest Weekend who's going then ? on 21:10 - May 27 with 1336 viewsDarran

Biggest Weekend who's going then ? on 21:08 - May 27 by Scotia

What an event. Proved that Singleton could host Wales only "mainstream" big festival, long term. It's a cracking venue, it would be great if it could happen before someone organises one 40 miles up the road.

It's a shame that the Fflam festival planned a couple of years ago never happened.

Well said they should have at least a huge gig there every year.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024