Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Calls to axe 'racist' Zulu film 09:53 - Jun 26 with 16868 viewstheloneranger

PC gone mad

"Calls to axe 'racist' Zulu film from Folkestone's Silver Screen Cinema listings"

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/folkestone/news/calls-to-axe-racist-zulu-film-from-c

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Calls to axe 'racist' Zulu film on 16:55 - Jun 26 with 1412 viewsLohengrin

Calls to axe 'racist' Zulu film on 16:27 - Jun 26 by E20Jack

You have a warped view of racism, indicative of the society and victim culture we live in, in which constantly shows you are not alone in that incorrect view of racism.

Racism is not really subjective. Racism is intent, it is a belief or an action based on that belief (that one race is intrinsically superior to another). That means it is not up for someone else to decide if something is racist based on if they are offended or not, it is down to the reasoning behind the the utterance or action which can only be accurately portrayed by the person who said/did it or failing that the balance of evidence to suggest one way or another regarding the belief or motivation behind it.

As the ever refreshing Ricky Gervais puts it:- Just because you are offended, it doesn’t mean you are right.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2018 16:45]

No it’s not. ‘Racism’ was a contraction coined by Leon Trostsky specifically designed for use as a pejorative bludgeon to be used ad nauseam on those who cleave to the idea of the Nation and organic culture.

It has been communism’s one enduring success.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Calls to axe 'racist' Zulu film on 17:03 - Jun 26 with 1399 viewsWingstandwood

Calls to axe 'racist' Zulu film on 16:27 - Jun 26 by E20Jack

You have a warped view of racism, indicative of the society and victim culture we live in, in which constantly shows you are not alone in that incorrect view of racism.

Racism is not really subjective. Racism is intent, it is a belief or an action based on that belief (that one race is intrinsically superior to another). That means it is not up for someone else to decide if something is racist based on if they are offended or not, it is down to the reasoning behind the the utterance or action which can only be accurately portrayed by the person who said/did it or failing that the balance of evidence to suggest one way or another regarding the belief or motivation behind it.

As the ever refreshing Ricky Gervais puts it:- Just because you are offended, it doesn’t mean you are right.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2018 16:45]

We’re living in a very sick society! Sometimes the offence is totally manufactured and phony just so that the accuser of racism can look a superior and Mr or Mrs ‘right-on’.

I had to justify to a relative to why I called a black musician ‘black’ not so long back. Apparently (in his mind) I had gratuitously used the term ‘black’ without enough reason to do so. I got off because I explained I was interrupted and not allowed to further elaborate that the band the musician was playing in looked like a stereotypical New Orleans jazz combo. Thus it was only natural to refer to colour!

What makes the whole thing so preposterous is?... My PC-loon relative (after telling him) had previously mocked, rubbished and taken the piss out of aid volunteers and a particular charitable organisation that had saved black Ebola victims. My relatives lack of respect and appreciation for black lives saved sort of told me something very profound about the true validity/authenticity of his ‘offence’.

Argus!

Calls to axe 'racist' Zulu film on 17:07 - Jun 26 with 1388 viewsE20Jack

Calls to axe 'racist' Zulu film on 16:55 - Jun 26 by Lohengrin

No it’s not. ‘Racism’ was a contraction coined by Leon Trostsky specifically designed for use as a pejorative bludgeon to be used ad nauseam on those who cleave to the idea of the Nation and organic culture.

It has been communism’s one enduring success.

It’s not what? That is the definition of racism. It is based on the belief behind the utterance, not how offended someone gets by it.

A prime example being me accusing a cereal company for anthropomorphising a monkey on its popular cereal box. I can claim to be offended on the grounds of racism, but unless the intent behind the design was due to a belief that one race is superior to the other then it is not racist no matter how offended I pretend to be.

racism
ˈreɪsɪz(ə)m/Submit
noun
prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Calls to axe 'racist' Zulu film on 17:13 - Jun 26 with 1374 viewsWarwickHunt

Calls to axe 'racist' Zulu film on 15:58 - Jun 26 by jackal

I'm watching a film now, made in the 50's.

There's a woman wearing a leopard skin coat.

Someone phone the Born- Free foundation.

History’s a bastard, innit.

BAN IT NOW!
Calls to axe 'racist' Zulu film on 17:13 - Jun 26 with 1374 viewsE20Jack

Calls to axe 'racist' Zulu film on 17:03 - Jun 26 by Wingstandwood

We’re living in a very sick society! Sometimes the offence is totally manufactured and phony just so that the accuser of racism can look a superior and Mr or Mrs ‘right-on’.

I had to justify to a relative to why I called a black musician ‘black’ not so long back. Apparently (in his mind) I had gratuitously used the term ‘black’ without enough reason to do so. I got off because I explained I was interrupted and not allowed to further elaborate that the band the musician was playing in looked like a stereotypical New Orleans jazz combo. Thus it was only natural to refer to colour!

What makes the whole thing so preposterous is?... My PC-loon relative (after telling him) had previously mocked, rubbished and taken the piss out of aid volunteers and a particular charitable organisation that had saved black Ebola victims. My relatives lack of respect and appreciation for black lives saved sort of told me something very profound about the true validity/authenticity of his ‘offence’.

I saw something the other day where there was a debate regarding trans people and their preferred pronouns - more specifically the law in Canada compelling the “correct” use of language. The lobbyists shouted down any views of white men on the basis that they were “white males”. But of course that isn’t racist or sexist according to liberals.

It’s the inconsistencies with these people that shocks me more than anything.

Calls to axe 'racist' Zulu film on 17:15 - Jun 26 with 1363 viewsjackal

Calls to axe 'racist' Zulu film on 16:48 - Jun 26 by Lord_Bony

Farkin spot on son.

If these pc nazies dont like the film then dont watch it.

Dont ruin it for the rest of us.

You've changed your tune.

It was "Well said Ump" when he was supporting the ban.
Calls to axe 'racist' Zulu film on 17:17 - Jun 26 with 1359 viewsWingstandwood

Calls to axe 'racist' Zulu film on 17:13 - Jun 26 by E20Jack

I saw something the other day where there was a debate regarding trans people and their preferred pronouns - more specifically the law in Canada compelling the “correct” use of language. The lobbyists shouted down any views of white men on the basis that they were “white males”. But of course that isn’t racist or sexist according to liberals.

It’s the inconsistencies with these people that shocks me more than anything.

Aye, its the hypocrisy, lack of consistency, lack of morals and lack of awareness of individuals that scream tolerance but will maliciously smear an innocent with a racist or bigot label.

Argus!

Calls to axe 'racist' Zulu film on 17:23 - Jun 26 with 1348 viewsWarwickHunt

Calls to axe 'racist' Zulu film on 17:07 - Jun 26 by E20Jack

It’s not what? That is the definition of racism. It is based on the belief behind the utterance, not how offended someone gets by it.

A prime example being me accusing a cereal company for anthropomorphising a monkey on its popular cereal box. I can claim to be offended on the grounds of racism, but unless the intent behind the design was due to a belief that one race is superior to the other then it is not racist no matter how offended I pretend to be.

racism
ˈreɪsɪz(ə)m/Submit
noun
prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

Spot on. Anyone spouting a mindless, kneejerk racism accusation should be made to write the definition out a thousand times.

Mentionmg someone’s race isn’t inherently racist...
Login to get fewer ads

Calls to axe 'racist' Zulu film on 17:40 - Jun 26 with 1301 viewsShaky

Calls to axe 'racist' Zulu film on 17:07 - Jun 26 by E20Jack

racism
ˈreɪsɪz(ə)m/Submit
noun

Interesting, I see you are getting your dictionary definition from Google.

And in this case it is a poor one, because "prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism" are not required to meet the proper definition of racism, merely a belief in the innate inferiority or superiority of a race or defined populace.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:45 - Jun 26 with 1290 viewsLord_Bony

Calls to axe 'racist' Zulu film on 17:15 - Jun 26 by jackal

You've changed your tune.

It was "Well said Ump" when he was supporting the ban.

I were avin a laff.

Hump is a great comedian.

This post has been edited by an administrator

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Calls to axe 'racist' Zulu film on 18:03 - Jun 26 with 1245 viewsDarran

I like Hump,last year I posted about the new Argos pet insurance campaign which said “why should pet insurance cost an arm and a leg?”

I mentioned soldiers coming back from the war.
Humpty reckoned I was taking the piss out of them.

He seemed to be very offended.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Calls to axe 'racist' Zulu film on 18:07 - Jun 26 with 1242 viewsE20Jack

Calls to axe 'racist' Zulu film on 17:40 - Jun 26 by Shaky

And in this case it is a poor one, because "prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism" are not required to meet the proper definition of racism, merely a belief in the innate inferiority or superiority of a race or defined populace.

I did not mention anything to do with antagonism, prejudice or discrimination. That just happened to form part of the definition used which showed that racism is not subjectively determined by offence which expanded to give examples of how it is administered.

My point from the outset has been that racism is not deemed by how offended you are but by the belief behind the utterance or action.

A stark change of tune from your opening effort on page 1 (unless you have evidence to determine the racist definition we both agree on that is the driving force behind the film by the makers).

Glad you now agree.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2018 18:12]

Calls to axe 'racist' Zulu film on 18:12 - Jun 26 with 1227 viewsLohengrin

Calls to axe 'racist' Zulu film on 17:40 - Jun 26 by Shaky

What you describe at the end of your post, really speaking, falls within the ambit of Axiology. Value Theory/Value Judgement - emotions like ‘hate,’ which is what you are really driving at, play no part.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Calls to axe 'racist' Zulu film on 18:15 - Jun 26 with 1223 viewsShaky

Calls to axe 'racist' Zulu film on 18:07 - Jun 26 by E20Jack

I did not mention anything to do with antagonism, prejudice or discrimination. That just happened to form part of the definition used which showed that racism is not subjectively determined by offence which expanded to give examples of how it is administered.

My point from the outset has been that racism is not deemed by how offended you are but by the belief behind the utterance or action.

A stark change of tune from your opening effort on page 1 (unless you have evidence to determine the racist definition we both agree on that is the driving force behind the film by the makers).

Glad you now agree.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2018 18:12]

Well if that is your belief it is a little strange you could not spot the error in the definition of racism you Googled.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2018 18:18]

Misology -- It's a bitch

Calls to axe 'racist' Zulu film on 18:17 - Jun 26 with 1215 viewsmoonie

It's down to White man s guilt over subjugating the black man .

Better now the African countries much better off ruling themselves ,apart from Nigeria of course ,which is a basket case . Come to think of it...
Calls to axe 'racist' Zulu film on 18:20 - Jun 26 with 1211 viewsE20Jack

Calls to axe 'racist' Zulu film on 18:15 - Jun 26 by Shaky

Well if that is your belief it is a little strange you could not spot the error in the definition of racism you Googled.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2018 18:18]

Belief? This isn’t based on my belief, it is based on common sense and fact.

There is no error, it gives examples of how racism is administered. The clear point being that it is based on an inherent belief. Showing someone how their version of racism is incorrect is best done by showing them the definition, google is great for such like and far easier than taking screenshots of dictionaries and uploading them.

You just decided to jump in with both feet again after making a moron of yourself on page 1 and ending up looking even more of a Berk by deflecting the fact you deemed something as racist without really understanding the term before coming round to more sensible viewpoints while making a seamless and militant transition into it yourself (it’s your usual pattern).

Your turn..
[Post edited 26 Jun 2018 18:23]

Calls to axe 'racist' Zulu film on 18:29 - Jun 26 with 1186 viewsE20Jack

Calls to axe 'racist' Zulu film on 18:17 - Jun 26 by moonie

It's down to White man s guilt over subjugating the black man .

Better now the African countries much better off ruling themselves ,apart from Nigeria of course ,which is a basket case . Come to think of it...

There is no guilt.

Subjecting a group of people to condemnation due to actions of other people that happen to have the same colour skin is abhorrent.

600,000 white people died in the fight to abolish slavery.

To be immediately born with inherent blame due to the colour of your skin is probably as prejudice as you can get and of course is the same sort of group identity politics that led to millions of deaths in the Soviet Union and China in very recent history.

This notion that whites should be ashamed is so dangerous to civilised thinking, it’s scary.

Calls to axe 'racist' Zulu film on 18:30 - Jun 26 with 1185 viewspeenemunde

Calls to axe 'racist' Zulu film on 10:50 - Jun 26 by omarjack

Just imagine if a movie was about black people invading a white country and massacring the native population all the while being considered to be the good guys.

The real snowflakes would finally start showing their faces.

The reason they want it banned is because it shows British superiority and they hate it.
Calls to axe 'racist' Zulu film on 18:32 - Jun 26 with 1177 viewsShaky

Calls to axe 'racist' Zulu film on 18:20 - Jun 26 by E20Jack

Belief? This isn’t based on my belief, it is based on common sense and fact.

There is no error, it gives examples of how racism is administered. The clear point being that it is based on an inherent belief. Showing someone how their version of racism is incorrect is best done by showing them the definition, google is great for such like and far easier than taking screenshots of dictionaries and uploading them.

You just decided to jump in with both feet again after making a moron of yourself on page 1 and ending up looking even more of a Berk by deflecting the fact you deemed something as racist without really understanding the term before coming round to more sensible viewpoints while making a seamless and militant transition into it yourself (it’s your usual pattern).

Your turn..
[Post edited 26 Jun 2018 18:23]

Not hard to find the correct definition, Dim:
++++++++++
Definition of racism
1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/racism

QED

Misology -- It's a bitch

Calls to axe 'racist' Zulu film on 18:33 - Jun 26 with 1177 viewsLord_Bony

Calls to axe 'racist' Zulu film on 18:30 - Jun 26 by peenemunde

The reason they want it banned is because it shows British superiority and they hate it.

Oh ffs

It shows nothing of the sort.

Its a documentary.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Calls to axe 'racist' Zulu film on 18:34 - Jun 26 with 1167 viewsHighjack

Calls to axe 'racist' Zulu film on 18:33 - Jun 26 by Lord_Bony

Oh ffs

It shows nothing of the sort.

Its a documentary.

It’s not a documentary it’s a dramatisation.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Calls to axe 'racist' Zulu film on 18:37 - Jun 26 with 1158 viewsE20Jack

Calls to axe 'racist' Zulu film on 18:32 - Jun 26 by Shaky

Not hard to find the correct definition, Dim:
++++++++++
Definition of racism
1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/racism

QED

Yep which is the definition I have stated from post 1. Thanks for now changing your tune and jumping on my bandwagon (again).

After reading more incorrect views of racism being determined by offence I posted the definition which went on to give further examples of how this is administered as well as underpinning what racism is as outlined by myself - and now curiously, contradictory and predictably - by yourself.

QED
[Post edited 26 Jun 2018 18:44]

Calls to axe 'racist' Zulu film on 18:38 - Jun 26 with 1154 viewsDarran

Calls to axe 'racist' Zulu film on 18:34 - Jun 26 by Highjack

It’s not a documentary it’s a dramatisation.

Perhaps it’s one of these.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Docudrama

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Calls to axe 'racist' Zulu film on 18:39 - Jun 26 with 1150 viewsShaky

Calls to axe 'racist' Zulu film on 18:37 - Jun 26 by E20Jack

Yep which is the definition I have stated from post 1. Thanks for now changing your tune and jumping on my bandwagon (again).

After reading more incorrect views of racism being determined by offence I posted the definition which went on to give further examples of how this is administered as well as underpinning what racism is as outlined by myself - and now curiously, contradictory and predictably - by yourself.

QED
[Post edited 26 Jun 2018 18:44]

What your posted was a torrent of verbal diarrhoea as usual, Dim.

Forgive me if i don't hang on your every word.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Calls to axe 'racist' Zulu film on 18:41 - Jun 26 with 1145 viewsLord_Bony

Calls to axe 'racist' Zulu film on 18:38 - Jun 26 by Darran

Perhaps it’s one of these.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Docudrama

Id settle for a well made "docudrama".

It cerainly depends on individual interpretation.

Heres the curator of the museum at Brecon.

"Because it is such a well-crafted film, many people treat it as a documentary
Bill Cainan, Curator, The Regimental Museum of The Royal Welsh "

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024