Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How will she pronounce Magdeburg during her commentary? 13:56 - Jul 21 with 7119 viewsstevethejack

How will she pronounce Magdeburg during her commentary? on 15:48 - Jul 21 with 1686 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

She shouldn't be criticised just because she is female. Likewise she shouldn't be defended just because she is female.

She did an appalling job, clearly didn't bother spending enough time researching even basic things like how to pronounce the opponents team name, let alone player names. Hopefully she was just volunteering and isn't actually hired to commentate on future club games until she's had some practice and has improved considerably.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

How will she pronounce Magdeburg during her commentary? on 15:50 - Jul 21 with 1697 viewsthornabyswan

How will she pronounce Magdeburg during her commentary? on 15:44 - Jul 21 by Neath_Jack

Because those blokes get paid an awful lot of money to do it, and have been doing it for donkeys years.

This is the first time this young lady has done it, why not show a bit of support for her? Not one post saying fair play to her for having a go.

Jason Cundy apologised after criticising a female commentator during the World Cup.
Said she was to high pitched and it spoilt the game for him.
As regards this young lady she wasn't very good but neither was the stream so it didn't really matter.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

How will she pronounce Magdeburg during her commentary? on 15:52 - Jul 21 with 1681 viewsNeath_Jack

How will she pronounce Magdeburg during her commentary? on 15:50 - Jul 21 by thornabyswan

Jason Cundy apologised after criticising a female commentator during the World Cup.
As regards this young lady she wasn't very good but neither was the stream so it didn't really matter.

But fair play to her for having a go you mean?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

How will she pronounce Magdeburg during her commentary? on 15:53 - Jul 21 with 1666 viewsSwanseajill

How will she pronounce Magdeburg during her commentary? on 15:44 - Jul 21 by Neath_Jack

Because those blokes get paid an awful lot of money to do it, and have been doing it for donkeys years.

This is the first time this young lady has done it, why not show a bit of support for her? Not one post saying fair play to her for having a go.

During the second game the first half had no comments due to technical faults. She did OK for the second half.
Much less irritating than some of thes co- commentators.
How will she pronounce Magdeburg during her commentary? on 15:54 - Jul 21 with 1660 viewsUplandsJack

How will she pronounce Magdeburg during her commentary? on 15:33 - Jul 21 by Neath_Jack

Yes Phil, you said. She doesn't pronounce a word as it should be.

She certainly isn't the first, or the most experienced commentator to have done it, and won't be the last either.

Well worth a thread dedicated to her on here, by all the lads.

Mate I for one couldnt give a shite if she pronounced Genoa any which way.
But when she describes a penalty as being played down the middle, when it was clearly slotted into the corner as just one example. She just isnt up to it. Not yet anyway. Another was during the whole penalty shoot out, I honesty had no idea who was actually leading /what the score was (due to freezing issues and missing naughtons and Amats attempts). Simply there's no nice way to put it. She was terrible. Give her credit for trying but thats it.
Sorry if it offends any from the pc brigade,(Im actually not really) but she needs to go home and practice in her bedroom for a couple more years yet.
How will she pronounce Magdeburg during her commentary? on 15:56 - Jul 21 with 1645 viewsthornabyswan

How will she pronounce Magdeburg during her commentary? on 15:52 - Jul 21 by Neath_Jack

But fair play to her for having a go you mean?

Yes kind of.
But I hope she never gets a meaningful game unless she improves drastically.
But you could say the same about a couple of our players.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

How will she pronounce Magdeburg during her commentary? on 16:00 - Jul 21 with 1627 viewsjasper_T

Lot of white knights rushing to her defence itt. She's hard to listen to when she does 5 minutes here and there in some of the u23s games, this was torture!

German commentary for the second game was a lot nicer.
How will she pronounce Magdeburg during her commentary? on 16:03 - Jul 21 with 1617 viewsNeath_Jack

How will she pronounce Magdeburg during her commentary? on 16:00 - Jul 21 by jasper_T

Lot of white knights rushing to her defence itt. She's hard to listen to when she does 5 minutes here and there in some of the u23s games, this was torture!

Even though the German commentator kept pronouncing the majority of our players names wrong?

Aye, that's about the size of it.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Login to get fewer ads

How will she pronounce Magdeburg during her commentary? on 16:03 - Jul 21 with 1615 viewsthornabyswan

How will she pronounce Magdeburg during her commentary? on 16:00 - Jul 21 by jasper_T

So it wasn't her first game then

How will she pronounce Magdeburg during her commentary? on 16:05 - Jul 21 with 1597 viewsexiledclaseboy

How will she pronounce Magdeburg during her commentary? on 16:03 - Jul 21 by Neath_Jack

Even though the German commentator kept pronouncing the majority of our players names wrong?

Aye, that's about the size of it.

Wonder if the German commentator was a woman?

Poll: Tory leader

How will she pronounce Magdeburg during her commentary? on 16:06 - Jul 21 with 1578 viewsNeath_Jack

How will she pronounce Magdeburg during her commentary? on 16:05 - Jul 21 by exiledclaseboy

I'll give you zero guesses...

How will she pronounce Magdeburg during her commentary? on 16:17 - Jul 21 with 1546 viewsCaptain_Sham

How will she pronounce Magdeburg during her commentary? on 15:43 - Jul 21 by exiledclaseboy

This thread wouldn’t exist if it had been you commentating though. Cos you is a bloke see.

If the bloke was as bad as her it would, only every one would be joining in with the ribbing. Its actually sexist that people are defending her because shes a woman. It was terrible commentary and anyone saying anything different Is having a laugh.

Its just a ride.

How will she pronounce Magdeburg during her commentary? on 16:30 - Jul 21 with 1504 viewsHighjack

How will she pronounce Magdeburg during her commentary? on 16:05 - Jul 21 by exiledclaseboy

Some German women do have incredibly deep voices.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

How will she pronounce Magdeburg during her commentary? on 16:31 - Jul 21 with 1502 viewsWarwickHunt

How will she pronounce Magdeburg during her commentary? on 16:30 - Jul 21 by Highjack

Some German women do have incredibly deep voices.

...and hairy armpits.
How will she pronounce Magdeburg during her commentary? on 16:40 - Jul 21 with 1474 viewsDewi1jack

How will she pronounce Magdeburg during her commentary? on 15:50 - Jul 21 by thornabyswan

The teams not much better.
In fact, some are considerably worse

All in all, this is going to be a long season.
Won't be surprised if the Yanks come out and state that
"as it feels like a 150 game season, Swansea Swans fans really get a lot of bang for their buck."

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

How will she pronounce Magdeburg during her commentary? on 17:12 - Jul 21 with 1435 viewsthornabyswan

She was an ex Olympic shot putter from Leipzig so hard to tell.

How will she pronounce Magdeburg during her commentary? on 17:48 - Jul 21 with 1396 viewsMo_Wives

How will she pronounce Magdeburg during her commentary? on 15:33 - Jul 21 by Neath_Jack

Yes Phil, you said. She doesn't pronounce a word as it should be.

She certainly isn't the first, or the most experienced commentator to have done it, and won't be the last either.

Well worth a thread dedicated to her on here, by all the lads.

You are Sioned Dafydd's mother and I claim my £5.

Now, take and deep breath and pull yourself together. C'mon you can do it, Wuss.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

How will she pronounce Magdeburg during her commentary? on 19:14 - Jul 21 with 1320 viewsJethroJack

How will she pronounce Magdeburg during her commentary? on 16:31 - Jul 21 by WarwickHunt

...and hairy armpits.

....and hairy fan.....tastic
How will she pronounce Magdeburg during her commentary? on 19:57 - Jul 21 with 1284 viewsploppy

I can't believe people getting bent out of shape about this. It was her first attempt as per her tweet

and it's not as if she was working for Sky Sports. So, no "bearing with me" on here.

FWIW, I found her voice a lot more tolerable than the screeching female commentator on the BBC World Cup. And whether it's right or wrong, I'm adopting her pronunciation of Samp-do-ri-a from now on. It sounds more Italian than Samp-dor-ia.
How will she pronounce Magdeburg during her commentary? on 20:06 - Jul 21 with 1259 viewslondonlisa2001

How will she pronounce Magdeburg during her commentary? on 16:31 - Jul 21 by WarwickHunt

...and hairy armpits.

You are John Ruskin and I claim my £5...

Removing it doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist you nutter.
How will she pronounce Magdeburg during her commentary? on 20:41 - Jul 21 with 1200 viewsWarwickHunt

How will she pronounce Magdeburg during her commentary? on 20:06 - Jul 21 by londonlisa2001

You are John Ruskin and I claim my £5...

Removing it doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist you nutter.

It would take more than that to put me off my stride.

[Post edited 21 Jul 2018 20:45]
How will she pronounce Magdeburg during her commentary? on 20:44 - Jul 21 with 1184 viewsLoyal

Plenty of notes there.
Some people Chase their dreams and can't achieve them.
It's a fact.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

How will she pronounce Magdeburg during her commentary? on 21:01 - Jul 21 with 1157 viewsWarwickHunt

How will she pronounce Magdeburg during her commentary? on 19:57 - Jul 21 by ploppy

I can't believe people getting bent out of shape about this. It was her first attempt as per her tweet

and it's not as if she was working for Sky Sports. So, no "bearing with me" on here.

FWIW, I found her voice a lot more tolerable than the screeching female commentator on the BBC World Cup. And whether it's right or wrong, I'm adopting her pronunciation of Samp-do-ri-a from now on. It sounds more Italian than Samp-dor-ia.

I wonder what she’d make of Polignano a Mare.
How will she pronounce Magdeburg during her commentary? on 22:36 - Jul 21 with 1104 viewsPentyrchJack

Give her a break - why the hell are we having a go at someone who is a Vetch Jack through and through???

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

How will she pronounce Magdeburg during her commentary? on 23:30 - Jul 21 with 1069 viewsCaptain_Sham

How will she pronounce Magdeburg during her commentary? on 22:36 - Jul 21 by PentyrchJack

Give her a break - why the hell are we having a go at someone who is a Vetch Jack through and through???

Yes Swansea supporters always get along so well on the internet.

Its just a ride.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024