Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McKay and Celina 09:52 - Jul 30 with 25022 views34dfgdf54

Nixon (again) said two signings should be complete today.

He also said Mckay and Celina are very likely, didn't really make clear if they were the signings to be made today or two additional. Also expecing Nmecha decision later.
McKay and Celina on 21:24 - Jul 30 with 4817 viewsSwansea93

Celina will arrive for an initial £3million fee, while McKay's price tag is over £500,000 as they prepare to become Swansea's fourth and fifth signings of the summer.

Potter's squad remains light in a number of areas despite the signings of the pair, but the new manager is confident there will be other new faces joining his squad before the transfer window closes.

"We just have to work on going through our targets in the right areas. As much as we want to win football matches and put a team on the pitch, where I’ve come from previously I’ve also taken pride in running a strong, financial football club," he said.

"That’s important for the future, but I know at the same time you have to win in the short term as well.

"We understand we’re in a restructuring process and there is going to be a transition in terms of numbers going in and out. We’re not sitting on our hands, that’s for sure, but we’re trying to make sure we get the right ones in. We’ve got two in now and hopefully there’ll be more.

"I said after the games when we were away that it’s obvious the squad needs strengthening. We’re working towards that."

Celina and McKay can both play out wide, but Potter has indicated the Kosovo international - who spent last season on loan at Ipswich - has the potential to fill the number 10 role, a position Swansea have lacked a senior option in since Gylfi Sigurdsson's departure to Everton some 12 months ago.

"Bersant Celina is someone we see as an attacking midfielder. He had a season in the Championship last season and he impacted the game there," he said.

"He played quite a few positions; out wide, as a second striker and in midfield, but for us we want to use him in a central, attacking area between the lines.

"He’s got those qualities, he can receive the ball in tight areas and play forward. That type of player is someone we’ve missed a bit here.

"We’re really pleased with him, we’re excited to have him, and I think the supporters will like his qualities.

"Barrie is someone who sees himself as a winger and we do too, but as his career develops then he could end up playing more centrally. His actions in the final third are really exciting.

He was highly rated in Scotland and started off well at Nottingham Forest, but then I think the change in manager there hasn’t done him any favours.

"We’re excited about them both."

But Potter will assess the fitness of the two signings before a decision is made over their involvement in this weekend's Championship opener at Sheffield United.

"They’ve been training, but not playing that much so we need to assess them this week as to how ready they are.

"They’re young lads who look to be fit."

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

McKay and Celina on 08:30 - Jul 31 with 4455 viewsBirchgrovejack

Possible song tune ideas for Celina

Personally I prefer the terrovision intro tune

Something like:

Oh Celina
It makes us happy
When Celina is on firreee!
When Celina breaks defences open...
And when Celina does it one more time..
[Post edited 31 Jul 2018 8:41]
McKay and Celina on 09:03 - Jul 31 with 4356 viewsWarwickHunt

Der der der der der der der der
Der der der der der der der
CELINA!

Yep - that’ll work.
McKay and Celina on 09:13 - Jul 31 with 4299 viewsmoonie

Phil.
Is the C pronounced as a" ch" or "k"

I'm not a kosovan speaker but I did have a book on Serbs Croat
McKay and Celina on 09:18 - Jul 31 with 4281 viewsWarwickHunt

McKay and Celina on 09:13 - Jul 31 by moonie

Phil.
Is the C pronounced as a" ch" or "k"

I'm not a kosovan speaker but I did have a book on Serbs Croat

I’ll ask one of my gardeners.
McKay and Celina on 09:27 - Jul 31 with 4230 viewsKrisP

McKay and Celina on 18:50 - Jul 30 by pencoedjack

Negative Potter posts? Must of missed them

There have been a couple, calling him Huw's new yes man, and both clueless and out of his depth off the back of a couple of friendlies before he'd even got his signings in.

People want a footballing revolution, but some don't have the patience for the time it might take.
McKay and Celina on 09:30 - Jul 31 with 4208 viewsBirchgrovejack

McKay and Celina on 09:03 - Jul 31 by WarwickHunt

CELINA!

Yep - that’ll work.

HAHA yea i forgot it had to be as simple as possible.
And it'll no doubt end up being that.
McKay and Celina on 09:51 - Jul 31 with 4104 viewsmoonie

Ive going for the ch as in chapel as apoossed to the K in Kunt
Login to get fewer ads

McKay and Celina on 09:59 - Jul 31 with 4085 viewsAl_Bundy

McKay and Celina on 14:59 - Jul 30 by TheResurrection

Routs would do a great job at 10 if the fans got off his case.

I love Routledge, a class act.

Your bad cop mentality is wearing a bit thin.
McKay and Celina on 12:11 - Jul 31 with 3927 viewsKrisP

Haha, nice one. Imagine if someone really thought that the only thing stopping Routledge being a top #10 in this league was a few nasty fans on his back. Bless him.
McKay and Celina on 12:12 - Jul 31 with 3920 viewsLoyal

McKay and Celina on 09:27 - Jul 31 by KrisP

There have been a couple, calling him Huw's new yes man, and both clueless and out of his depth off the back of a couple of friendlies before he'd even got his signings in.

People want a footballing revolution, but some don't have the patience for the time it might take.

Never the right time according to some brain dead fckrs.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

McKay and Celina on 13:08 - Jul 31 with 3723 viewsjack247

The fans aren’t his biggest problem, it’s the way we play, though I do get where you are coming from, can’t be nice hearing groans every time you misplace a pass. Fans are nowhere near as acidic at games as they are on here anyway.

If we played like we did under Rodgers and Laudrup, he would have been fine last year. At the same time, if we are going to play Clementball in the Championship (which thankfully looks very unlikely), he’s going to be struggle just as much.
McKay and Celina on 14:07 - Jul 31 with 3601 viewsHugeEnkins

Either of these been confirmed yet? Medicals have been completed now, shirley?
McKay and Celina on 15:00 - Jul 31 with 3465 viewsSwanjaxs

McKay and Celina on 14:07 - Jul 31 by HugeEnkins

Either of these been confirmed yet? Medicals have been completed now, shirley?

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

McKay and Celina on 15:19 - Jul 31 with 3361 viewsBrynmill_Jack

McKay and Celina on 15:00 - Jul 31 by Swanjaxs

Great signing. Well done all concerned!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

McKay and Celina on 15:23 - Jul 31 with 3324 viewsHugeEnkins

Fck aye, Dai! YJB
McKay and Celina on 15:30 - Jul 31 with 3260 viewsomarjack

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

McKay and Celina on 15:38 - Jul 31 with 3209 viewsRuDeMan1970

Mr.McKay signed just after breakfast today. Porridge, obviously.

..."who will guard the guards..?"

McKay and Celina on 15:40 - Jul 31 with 3198 viewscwm02

Another winger to go with Asoro (he can play ST too), Montero, Narsingh, Dyer and Routledge. With the two new signings that's 7 on our books. We don't need anymore wingers. What we need is a couple of quality centre backs, a midfield and a quality striker to go with all the wingers we have bought in.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2018 15:42]
McKay and Celina on 15:51 - Jul 31 with 3120 viewsLeonWasGod

McKay and Celina on 15:30 - Jul 31 by omarjack

Flat earther!
McKay and Celina on 15:54 - Jul 31 with 3080 viewsLeonWasGod

Him and Celina are two cracking signings for this division. McKay possibly more so than Celina at the moment, but the later could go on to great things. And throw in this fella from Brentford and we're starting to pull together the makings of a half decent team again.
McKay and Celina on 15:58 - Jul 31 with 3049 viewsjack247

McKay and Celina on 15:40 - Jul 31 by cwm02

Another winger to go with Asoro (he can play ST too), Montero, Narsingh, Dyer and Routledge. With the two new signings that's 7 on our books. We don't need anymore wingers. What we need is a couple of quality centre backs, a midfield and a quality striker to go with all the wingers we have bought in.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2018 15:42]

I’d imagine at least one of our existing wingers will leave either on loan or permanently. Narsingh would be my bet, just because he’s the one I’d think would attract a bit of interest and he’d be least happy as a squad player.
McKay and Celina on 16:15 - Jul 31 with 2935 viewsjasper_T

Another Scot to add to the collection.
McKay and Celina on 16:32 - Jul 31 with 2883 viewsMo_Wives

McKay and Celina on 15:51 - Jul 31 by LeonWasGod

Flat earther!

We've had worse. Neil Taylor believed he was better than Ben Davies, FFS.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

McKay and Celina on 16:33 - Jul 31 with 2876 viewsMo_Wives

McKay and Celina on 16:15 - Jul 31 by jasper_T

Another Scot to add to the collection.

His name's Barry.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024