Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you were in Montero's shoes 12:34 - Sep 4 with 7189 viewsgolly47

Would you be affected in a way knowing you wouldn't be starting matches? Obviously what we've seen is that he has been used as a second half sub, and it's given that footballers want to play football, would you be annoyed you aren't in the starting XI?

Poll: What was worse?

If you were in Montero's shoes on 12:35 - Sep 4 with 6098 viewsandrew

If he’s getting paid I tidy wage and getting man of the match awards for playing 20 mins and helping us win games I don’t think he gives a Sh!t to be fair.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

If you were in Montero's shoes on 12:36 - Sep 4 with 6094 viewsgolly47

FYI I know he has a hamstring made from meringue, but this is just a psychological question.

If you were in Montero's shoes on 12:36 - Sep 4 with 6092 viewsjasper_T

He knows better than anyone how fragile his hamstrings are.
If you were in Montero's shoes on 12:41 - Sep 4 with 6055 viewsgolly47

If you were in Montero's shoes on 12:35 - Sep 4 by andrew

If he’s getting paid I tidy wage and getting man of the match awards for playing 20 mins and helping us win games I don’t think he gives a Sh!t to be fair.

He must have a hefty bonus for assists. Imagine that though, coming on for 20 minutes, 2 assists, extra man against you, you're losing, and you end up winning the game. Last time I saw something like that was Solskjaer.

If you were in Montero's shoes on 12:42 - Sep 4 with 6048 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

What size are they? I'm an 8

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

If you were in Montero's shoes on 12:45 - Sep 4 with 6032 views34dfgdf54

If you were in Montero's shoes on 12:36 - Sep 4 by jasper_T

He knows better than anyone how fragile his hamstrings are.

Yep.

He confirmed it really in the interview he has on the official site the other day.
If you were in Montero's shoes on 12:46 - Sep 4 with 6031 viewsJonathans_coat

If you were in Montero's shoes on 12:41 - Sep 4 by golly47

He must have a hefty bonus for assists. Imagine that though, coming on for 20 minutes, 2 assists, extra man against you, you're losing, and you end up winning the game. Last time I saw something like that was Solskjaer.

He is the very definition of a “game changer”.

The perfect man to bring off the bench against tired opposition fullbacks. Always going to be a total mismatch. If we start him he’ll be less effective in the crucial moments late in the game.
If you were in Montero's shoes on 12:48 - Sep 4 with 6023 viewswestwalesed

If you were in Montero's shoes on 12:46 - Sep 4 by Jonathans_coat

He is the very definition of a “game changer”.

The perfect man to bring off the bench against tired opposition fullbacks. Always going to be a total mismatch. If we start him he’ll be less effective in the crucial moments late in the game.

Agree with this.

Whenever we have seen Montero start, he rarely has a good game, but an impact player he is dynamite. If you couple this with the fact that he is highly injury prone, then you imply don't risk him when we are winning and looking comfortable.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Login to get fewer ads

If you were in Montero's shoes on 12:53 - Sep 4 with 6000 viewsLeonWasGod

He doesn't sound annoyed to me. Just very happy to be back at a club and under a manager where he feels wanted. You could see from his celebration in the Sheffield Utd game just how much it meant to him to be back on the pitch and making a difference again. If his fitness holds up and he's still not getting enough game time then maybe things will change, but for now he seems a very happy bunny.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/jefferson-i-feel-loved-again
If you were in Montero's shoes on 12:59 - Sep 4 with 5979 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The problem is that Potter does actually intend to try and get him playing 90 minutes, which I think would be a mistake.
He has always been more effective as an impact sub and as he is injury prone the longer he plays the more likely he is to suffer a recurrence.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/potter-jeff-joy-watch
[Post edited 4 Sep 2018 13:04]
If you were in Montero's shoes on 13:10 - Sep 4 with 5922 viewsairedale

If you were in Montero's shoes on 12:59 - Sep 4 by A_Fans_Dad

The problem is that Potter does actually intend to try and get him playing 90 minutes, which I think would be a mistake.
He has always been more effective as an impact sub and as he is injury prone the longer he plays the more likely he is to suffer a recurrence.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/potter-jeff-joy-watch
[Post edited 4 Sep 2018 13:04]

Yep. I’d be over the moon to see him play 20 mins every game of the season.
If you were in Montero's shoes on 13:40 - Sep 4 with 5826 viewsjack247

No. He’s an impact sub. He comes on and guns it for 20-30 minutes against tiring defences. He wouldn’t be half as effective if he had to conserve his energy to last a full game and was up against fresh defences. It’s the perfect role for him.
If you were in Montero's shoes on 14:05 - Sep 4 with 5771 viewsawayjack

Montero seems happy about having an impact role in the squad. If I were in his shoes I’d be happy the manager using me aware of injury record, and rather be sub in 20 matches than play 3-4 matches then have a few months out. From the money side he’ll still get the match bonuses as a sub versus none from the medical room.
If you were in Montero's shoes on 14:31 - Sep 4 with 5722 viewsCatullus

If you were in Montero's shoes on 12:53 - Sep 4 by LeonWasGod

He doesn't sound annoyed to me. Just very happy to be back at a club and under a manager where he feels wanted. You could see from his celebration in the Sheffield Utd game just how much it meant to him to be back on the pitch and making a difference again. If his fitness holds up and he's still not getting enough game time then maybe things will change, but for now he seems a very happy bunny.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/jefferson-i-feel-loved-again

I posted that link elsewhere. Montero says he's very happy with how Potter is managing him.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

If you were in Montero's shoes on 14:58 - Sep 4 with 5668 viewsFlashberryjack

We're nursing him through till the January window opens, and if his hamstrings are still OK, he'll be sold, just like anything that isn't nailed down.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

If you were in Montero's shoes on 15:18 - Sep 4 with 5630 viewsCooperman

He’s an impact player. If I can see that then I’m sure he can.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

If you were in Montero's shoes on 15:40 - Sep 4 with 5597 viewsjack247

If you were in Montero's shoes on 15:18 - Sep 4 by Cooperman

He’s an impact player. If I can see that then I’m sure he can.

Anyone with any sense can
If you were in Montero's shoes on 16:32 - Sep 4 with 5503 viewsMo_Wives

I get the feeling he'd rather be used for 20mins by a manager who says "Just do what you do, son" rather than 90 mins where he's made to worry about team shape and defending. Or as Garry use to call it "The other side of the game"

Potter seems to understand that to Jeff there is no 'other side of the game'. And Jeff seems to understand that his hamstring is more likely to get torn than a valley girls hymen on a hen night.

It's all cool.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

If you were in Montero's shoes on 16:59 - Sep 4 with 5431 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

If you were in Montero's shoes on 13:40 - Sep 4 by jack247

No. He’s an impact sub. He comes on and guns it for 20-30 minutes against tiring defences. He wouldn’t be half as effective if he had to conserve his energy to last a full game and was up against fresh defences. It’s the perfect role for him.

Using him that way has a psychological impact ........on us; " Jeff is on lets play to his strengths " and on other teams " look out they are on the attack"

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

If you were in Montero's shoes on 17:17 - Sep 4 with 5388 viewsBLAZE

It felt hopeless last season looking at the bench. But even with a ridiculously thin squad now, seeing Jeff there makes a difference. At 1-0 down on Saturday I saw him coming on and felt lifted, I'm sure the players do too. He won't always turn around games, but if anyone can, he's the type of player who will
If you were in Montero's shoes on 17:44 - Sep 4 with 5335 viewsMo_Wives

If you were in Montero's shoes on 17:17 - Sep 4 by BLAZE

It felt hopeless last season looking at the bench. But even with a ridiculously thin squad now, seeing Jeff there makes a difference. At 1-0 down on Saturday I saw him coming on and felt lifted, I'm sure the players do too. He won't always turn around games, but if anyone can, he's the type of player who will

For the opposition it must be like when we'd play Man City and they'd call for a sub and Aguero would be ready to come on and you just think "F*ck"

Good luck, Mr Cooper

If you were in Montero's shoes on 20:26 - Sep 4 with 5191 viewsBrynmill_Jack

If you were in Montero's shoes on 13:40 - Sep 4 by jack247

Agree 100%. One of the lads in work keeps saying he should start but no way. I would prefer it if we started with Mackay on the left and Asoro/Dyer?Routledge on the right to be replaced for the last 25 mins by Jeff and Narsigh with Bony coming on for a tiring Ollie. It's what football dreams are made of mun !

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

If you were in Montero's shoes on 20:32 - Sep 4 with 5178 viewsKrisP

Nah. After the last few years of injury purgatory I'd be loving the chance to come on and be a match-winner.
If you were in Montero's shoes on 20:37 - Sep 4 with 5163 viewsBrynmill_Jack

If you were in Montero's shoes on 20:32 - Sep 4 by KrisP

Nah. After the last few years of injury purgatory I'd be loving the chance to come on and be a match-winner.

He seems really happy here now. But he's not the only one, the togetherness and camaraderie is really beginning to show. Hope it just gets even better.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

If you were in Montero's shoes on 03:28 - Sep 7 with 4838 viewsWanderer

If you were in Montero's shoes on 12:41 - Sep 4 by golly47

Going back a bit further, the best super sub was David Fairclough at Liverpool, that guy really did have the knack of making the most of 10 minutes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024