Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Union Jacks & Loyalists 09:18 - Nov 25 with 39125 viewsSwanSwan

I noticed a new flag yesterday which I assume to be a loyalist flag. The Ulster hand and Rangers badge with Union Jack colours. Just wondering what the significance of this is?

I don't personally see how this or the Union Jack represents Swansea in any way. I get that plenty people identify as British but given the Union Jack is a amalgamation of each flag in the union aside from Wales why would we choose to display it in a Welsh football ground? Its almost seems welcoming to our opposition.

Do those that fly these flags not consider themselves Welsh too? Is there another political agenda at play here? Looking for an explanation of the Swansea Loyalist subculture really.

Tin hat on.
Union Jacks & Loyalists on 16:24 - Nov 29 with 2859 viewsKilkennyjack

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 23:51 - Nov 28 by jackrmee

Where?

At the fortress that is our Liberty stadium....

Beware of the Risen People

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 20:11 - Nov 29 with 2784 views1983

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 15:31 - Nov 27 by Devz00

and another

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 18:24 - Dec 1 with 2647 viewsKilkennyjack

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 20:11 - Nov 29 by 1983

Beware of the Risen People

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 18:57 - Dec 1 with 2616 viewsCatullus

Not another fool who doesn't like that non Welsh people and 'British Welsh' people are supporting our team.
Were they going around abusing the oriental contingent who came when Ki was here, or is it only the English they can't abide?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 19:36 - Dec 1 with 2600 viewspencoedjack

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 18:24 - Dec 1 by Kilkennyjack

Bryncethin Jacks... Any of them post on here?

Fuk me Bridgend is even whiter than I thought.

Has the Oak been turned over by Jacks like Llantrisant?
Union Jacks & Loyalists on 19:56 - Dec 1 with 2584 viewsicecoldjack

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 19:36 - Dec 1 by pencoedjack

Bryncethin Jacks... Any of them post on here?

Fuk me Bridgend is even whiter than I thought.

Has the Oak been turned over by Jacks like Llantrisant?

Always seem to remember a hard-core of jacks up there when gigging years back, seemed to be a resistance to Bridgend bluebirds.
Union Jacks & Loyalists on 20:34 - Dec 1 with 2566 viewspencoedjack

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 19:56 - Dec 1 by icecoldjack

Always seem to remember a hard-core of jacks up there when gigging years back, seemed to be a resistance to Bridgend bluebirds.

As the crow flies Bryncetin is about 2 miles from Pencoed, I know the Royal Oak in Bryncethin is a big Bassey pub ( think it’s an official hoval) surprised there are Jacks in such a small place.

Anyone I should’nt be surprised after knowing the numbers from Bridgend/ Pencoed (more Swansea in the last 30 years) / Maesteg valley / Garw valley / Llantristant/ Cornelly / Porthcawl etc
Union Jacks & Loyalists on 21:06 - Dec 1 with 2535 viewstaffpunk

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 20:34 - Dec 1 by pencoedjack

As the crow flies Bryncetin is about 2 miles from Pencoed, I know the Royal Oak in Bryncethin is a big Bassey pub ( think it’s an official hoval) surprised there are Jacks in such a small place.

Anyone I should’nt be surprised after knowing the numbers from Bridgend/ Pencoed (more Swansea in the last 30 years) / Maesteg valley / Garw valley / Llantristant/ Cornelly / Porthcawl etc

Stop it you silly sausage, you are normally one of the better posters on here. Two people in Bryncethin have clubbed together to buy a flag.
This time next season, if we stay up, a BIG if, our crowds will be double yours.
Normal service is slowly being resumed...

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Login to get fewer ads

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 21:22 - Dec 1 with 2520 viewspencoedjack

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 21:06 - Dec 1 by taffpunk

Stop it you silly sausage, you are normally one of the better posters on here. Two people in Bryncethin have clubbed together to buy a flag.
This time next season, if we stay up, a BIG if, our crowds will be double yours.

I suppose the same goes for Wales? If there are 4 flags from Ely, Rummey, Fairwater & Riverside compared to 1 from Llansamslet it means Cardiff fans are outnumbering Swansea 4/1.

Normal service? In the last 30 years crowds have been near on par in the lower leagues. Cardiff with the population they have not filling their stadium in the PL is an embarrassment to Wales. I’d be amazed if there was 30k there last night.

You won’t stay up so your argument is irrelevant
Union Jacks & Loyalists on 21:38 - Dec 1 with 2513 viewsSwanjaxs

Tidy win for you lot last night butt, your going down though, you must see it coming rite? Normal service would suggest we been top dogs for the past 10 years and more .... nothing to see here 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 08:46 - Dec 2 with 2395 viewstaffpunk

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 21:22 - Dec 1 by pencoedjack

I suppose the same goes for Wales? If there are 4 flags from Ely, Rummey, Fairwater & Riverside compared to 1 from Llansamslet it means Cardiff fans are outnumbering Swansea 4/1.

Normal service? In the last 30 years crowds have been near on par in the lower leagues. Cardiff with the population they have not filling their stadium in the PL is an embarrassment to Wales. I’d be amazed if there was 30k there last night.

I will give you this when it comes to our respective supports, you definitely have more flags than us. That's more sad people who want to carry one around all day, getting their mothers to wash and iron them, and then Mam will do their packed lunch for the journey. Then being extremely careful not to crease said flag on their adventures, what fun.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2018 9:14]

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 08:49 - Dec 2 with 2389 viewstaffpunk

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 21:38 - Dec 1 by Swanjaxs

Tidy win for you lot last night butt, your going down though, you must see it coming rite? Normal service would suggest we been top dogs for the past 10 years and more .... nothing to see here 👍

Of course you've been top dogs, would never suggest otherwise, league positions are there for all to see. We are garbage, it's just whether there's 3 worse teams than us, I think there are.

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 08:59 - Dec 2 with 2370 viewsjack247

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 18:57 - Dec 1 by Catullus

Not another fool who doesn't like that non Welsh people and 'British Welsh' people are supporting our team.
Were they going around abusing the oriental contingent who came when Ki was here, or is it only the English they can't abide?

Being proud to be Welsh doesn’t make you racist
Union Jacks & Loyalists on 10:36 - Dec 2 with 2340 viewsLoyal

Ah, the old Cardiff trick, buy five flags and take them to a Wales game to give the impression of superiority when everyone knows it's smoke and mirrors. You know your old strongholds are white, and you know who holds the bigger fanbase mate. You have more seats than us that is all. And mostly they are empty.

Edit ... It's not much different to the east Wales punk scene, ignore the truth and keep writing about tw@ts like four letter word, say it enough times and people believe it.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2018 10:39]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 10:39 - Dec 2 with 2325 viewstaffpunk

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 10:36 - Dec 2 by Loyal

Ah, the old Cardiff trick, buy five flags and take them to a Wales game to give the impression of superiority when everyone knows it's smoke and mirrors. You know your old strongholds are white, and you know who holds the bigger fanbase mate. You have more seats than us that is all. And mostly they are empty.

Edit ... It's not much different to the east Wales punk scene, ignore the truth and keep writing about tw@ts like four letter word, say it enough times and people believe it.

Already conceded defeat in an earlier post, you have more flags than us. I'm gutted.

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 10:40 - Dec 2 with 2322 viewsLoyal

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 09:44 - Nov 25 by Badlands

It had Swans Pride or something on it.
I make no apology for saying a Rangers emblem has no place in the Liberty home area especially as it obscured a Swansea banner.
If you want to be a complete pr*** and have a flag with a red hand on it that just shows you up as a religious throwback.

It used to be a display of support for Brendan Rodgers ...

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 11:09 - Dec 2 with 2304 viewstaffpunk

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 10:36 - Dec 2 by Loyal

Crowds are the only way to measure a team's support/fanbase, I'm sure you'll agree.

The very few in the Rhondda who turned to you several seasons ago have now gone back to 'supporting' Man U/Lpool and come out with 'I want all the Welsh teams to do well'. If you have a few seasons in the Championship, the others in the more traditional Cardiff strongholds will disappear as quickly as they jumped on the bandwagon when you got to the Premiership. The exact same will apply to us if/when we go back down, that's the fickle Welsh public for you.

Sadly at the moment, there is no Punk Scene in South Wales, people only turn up to watch the big bands. There are some great local bands, but hardly anyone bothers to go and see them. As for 4LW, never a huge fan, but 'Call Off The Dogs' was a belter of a song, shame they didn't have more like that one.

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 03:54 - Dec 16 with 2063 viewsEU5Makaveli

Apologies for bringing this to the front of the forum.

However the flag in question has been banned from the stadium. Apparently there were 100’s of complaints about it.

Me personally, I’d never complain- but the guy who owns the flag is a wannabe “hooligan” who sits in the SouthEast corner.

In my opinion as much as I dislike the Ulster/ Loyalist’s he probably should be allowed to be flying whatever flag he wants (providing its Swansea). But in reality the guys a bit of a laughing stock among the long term Swansea supporters.

Imagine a guy, mid 30’s only wears stone island to games, has a bit of banter with opposition fans then labels himself a “violent casual”- yeah one of them absolute helmets.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2018 3:58]
Union Jacks & Loyalists on 07:27 - Dec 16 with 2006 viewspencoedjack

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 03:54 - Dec 16 by EU5Makaveli

However the flag in question has been banned from the stadium. Apparently there were 100’s of complaints about it.

Me personally, I’d never complain- but the guy who owns the flag is a wannabe “hooligan” who sits in the SouthEast corner.

In my opinion as much as I dislike the Ulster/ Loyalist’s he probably should be allowed to be flying whatever flag he wants (providing its Swansea). But in reality the guys a bit of a laughing stock among the long term Swansea supporters.

Imagine a guy, mid 30’s only wears stone island to games, has a bit of banter with opposition fans then labels himself a “violent casual”- yeah one of them absolute helmets.

‘100s’ of sad people in the Liberty if they go out of their way to complain about a flag.
Union Jacks & Loyalists on 08:10 - Dec 16 with 1974 viewsWarwickHunt

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 15:31 - Nov 27 by Devz00

and another

Loyal to the local charity shop judging by the state of their clobber.
Union Jacks & Loyalists on 08:22 - Dec 16 with 1960 viewsTailGunner

It's Chilli's flag that's been banned??

Why?
The guy supports Swansea City & Rangers. He goes to Ibrox.
People need to get a grip ffs
Union Jacks & Loyalists on 08:44 - Dec 16 with 1920 viewsGowerjack

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 08:22 - Dec 16 by TailGunner

It's Chilli's flag that's been banned??

Why?
The guy supports Swansea City & Rangers. He goes to Ibrox.
People need to get a grip ffs

Then he should take a Rangers flag to Ibrox and a Swansea flag to the Liberty.

And drop the vile sectarianism altogether.

It's not rocket science.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 08:50 - Dec 16 with 1901 viewsbyron

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 21:22 - Dec 1 by pencoedjack

Ooh getting touchy with everyone now is it tubbs? Remember, we live all around you👀👀😜
Double your crowds already we do✔️

Benny

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 08:53 - Dec 16 with 1892 viewsbyron

Lol you couldn’t make it up. I thought he was unapproachable? Wannabe hoolie? Was it loyal after all?👀😂

Benny

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 09:25 - Dec 16 with 1865 viewsSTID2017

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 11:07 - Nov 25 by jackrmee

Exactly. Get them out of the ground. It's just going to cause animosity amongst our own fans.
I'm getting wound up already and I don't give a fuk for politics.

How would someone like it if there was a Celtic flag with a Swans badge, or an IRA badge on a Swansea flag? Or low and behold, a flag of Corbyn's face with "Swans Loyal" written on it.
There'd be uproar.

Get rid.

Excuse me asking but is your avatar Che Guevara by any chance.
Famous political revolutionary figure - just saying

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024