Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Which savoury dish is the "Welsh-est" in your opinion? 13:07 - Jan 6 with 6173 viewswestwalesed

Which savoury dish is the "Welsh-est" in your opinion?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Which savoury dish is the "Welsh-est" in your opinion? on 13:08 - Jan 6 with 3853 viewsWarwickHunt

Vindaloo.
Which savoury dish is the "Welsh-est" in your opinion? on 13:08 - Jan 6 with 3858 viewswestwalesed

Bit of market research - if you were a tourist, what would you expect to be able to find on a Traditional Welsh menu? I know there are some obvious things here. If you can think of something else, please add it in the comments below! Please bear in mind in needs to be Welsh and or uses Welsh ingredients.

Thanks!

Which savoury dish is the "Welsh-est" in your opinion? on 13:12 - Jan 6 with 3847 viewsangryjack

Which savoury dish is the "Welsh-est" in your opinion? on 13:08 - Jan 6 by westwalesed

Bit of market research - if you were a tourist, what would you expect to be able to find on a Traditional Welsh menu? I know there are some obvious things here. If you can think of something else, please add it in the comments below! Please bear in mind in needs to be Welsh and or uses Welsh ingredients.

Thanks!

Lamb
Which savoury dish is the "Welsh-est" in your opinion? on 13:16 - Jan 6 with 3840 viewswestwalesed

Which savoury dish is the "Welsh-est" in your opinion? on 13:12 - Jan 6 by angryjack

Lamb

How would you like to find it/eat it? And good point! Bizarre that there isn't a traditional dish which makes exclusive use of lamb. I know that Cawl uses Lamb neck etc but it doesn't have to be.

Which savoury dish is the "Welsh-est" in your opinion? on 13:21 - Jan 6 with 3830 viewsCooperman

Ed, when we visit your establishment a bowl of fresh cockles accompanied by a large wedge of crusty bread would be much appreciated.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Which savoury dish is the "Welsh-est" in your opinion? on 14:00 - Jan 6 with 3782 viewsTreforys_Jack

Rissoles
Which savoury dish is the "Welsh-est" in your opinion? on 14:02 - Jan 6 with 3780 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Made properly - glamorgan sausages are rather good!

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Which savoury dish is the "Welsh-est" in your opinion? on 14:02 - Jan 6 with 3778 viewsJackfath

Cockles

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Login to get fewer ads

Which savoury dish is the "Welsh-est" in your opinion? on 14:23 - Jan 6 with 3748 viewscontroversial_jack

Ron Evans pies.
Which savoury dish is the "Welsh-est" in your opinion? on 14:28 - Jan 6 with 3735 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Welsh rarebit

The best comfort food in the world

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Which savoury dish is the "Welsh-est" in your opinion? on 14:53 - Jan 6 with 3716 viewsAguycalledJack

Got to have something with leeks. Cheesy leeks are nice.
Which savoury dish is the "Welsh-est" in your opinion? on 16:00 - Jan 6 with 3648 viewssainthelens

Got some nice Welsh crabs from Barons years back.
Which savoury dish is the on 16:22 - Jan 6 with 3632 viewsAguycalledJack

Fagg0ts. Never seen them anywhere else other than wales.

The site wouldn’t let me spell it correctly.
Which savoury dish is the "Welsh-est" in your opinion? on 17:54 - Jan 6 with 3570 viewsItchySphincter

Cheese on toast.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Which savoury dish is the on 18:23 - Jan 6 with 3544 viewsdickythorpe

Good shout there for f ag gots.

Must have cawl, lamb, beef and locally caught fish.

Get down to castell Howell for ideas
Which savoury dish is the on 18:30 - Jan 6 with 3531 viewsFlashberryjack

Which savoury dish is the on 16:22 - Jan 6 by AguycalledJack

"F*ggots"

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Which savoury dish is the "Welsh-est" in your opinion? on 18:39 - Jan 6 with 3517 views1983

Gravy & chips and a massive buttered bread roll

Which savoury dish is the on 18:46 - Jan 6 with 3508 viewsBrynCartwright

Which savoury dish is the on 16:22 - Jan 6 by AguycalledJack

F aggots definitely a thing in South Glos. My ex's Aunty Joan, an old farmer's wife, used to make excellent examples.

Also, surely cawl is just cawl ( lamb my favourite ); bread and cheese is just superficial.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Which savoury dish is the on 18:48 - Jan 6 with 3506 viewsjack2jack

Which savoury dish is the on 18:23 - Jan 6 by dickythorpe

Good shout there for f ag gots.

Must have cawl, lamb, beef and locally caught fish.

Get down to castell Howell for ideas

Good shout,the meat from CH is excellant.
Which savoury dish is the "Welsh-est" in your opinion? on 18:54 - Jan 6 with 3499 viewsGowerjack

Cockles,laverbread and Welsh bacon.

Yum.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Which savoury dish is the on 19:17 - Jan 6 with 3457 viewstheloneranger

F@ggots, Chips and Mushy peas

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Which savoury dish is the on 19:17 - Jan 6 with 3455 viewswestwalesed

Which savoury dish is the on 18:30 - Jan 6 by Flashberryjack

"F*ggots"

Excellent shout for fagots, properly home made.

On a side note I think they’re originally from the Black Country and came across when the workers moved down from there to the coal mining communities.

Which savoury dish is the "Welsh-est" in your opinion? on 19:18 - Jan 6 with 3454 viewsJack123

Which savoury dish is the "Welsh-est" in your opinion? on 18:54 - Jan 6 by Gowerjack

Cockles,laverbread and Welsh bacon.

Yum.

Only started eating laverbread the last few years, I can't believe how delicious it is..Although I think It goes nicer with sausages, than bacon.

libera nos a malo

Which savoury dish is the "Welsh-est" in your opinion? on 19:24 - Jan 6 with 3439 viewstheloneranger

19 amazing Welsh recipes, with all the ingredients and how to cook them

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/lifestyle/food-drink/19-amazing-welsh-recipes-youl

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Which savoury dish is the "Welsh-est" in your opinion? on 20:13 - Jan 6 with 3384 viewsTaliesin

Ffagots are known as Savoury Ducks in t' North East
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024