Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leeds 00:26 - Feb 1 with 10261 viewsGeoffThom

Fans jumping up and down calling us unprofessional and are we in breach of contract 🙄
Listen up lids ,he was under contract 18 months worth we employ him until we decide otherwise the player may sulk for a month but he will get over it other opportunities will arrive if he plays well and stays injury free
A lot of our problems stem from high earners on prem wages they had to go first
We all knew the big one was bony if he went it dramatically frees up the club ,he went
So the paltry offer or deal you thought was in your favour hinged on these ,they went
We decided to keep a contracted player on our terms
Now bog of to your ferrets and greyhounds ya northern monkeys
Leeds on 10:26 - Feb 1 with 2127 viewsAguycalledJack

Leeds on 08:57 - Feb 1 by 3swan

"Your board's behaviour is nothing short of shambolic"

There are comments from Leeds fans saying the same about your board

If your such a big club I would be questioning why the 1 mil you were offering would not be paid until the summer and then coupled with all the other conditions would mean that payments would be staggered over 3 years. Sounds like were not the only ones with financial issues.

I would be looking closer to home to apportion blame on this one if I were you.
Leeds on 10:59 - Feb 1 with 2047 viewsfelixstowe_jack

If Leeds want our players pay the full sum up front. If Leeds can't afford it that is their problem.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Leeds on 11:06 - Feb 1 with 2026 viewssainthelens

Leeds having Dan is not gonna be the difference between them going up or not. They ought to concentrate on not fckn that up. Cos we know how good they are at that. Fck Leeds anyway...big club? In their own minds.
Leeds on 11:08 - Feb 1 with 2024 viewsWarwickHunt

Leeds on 10:16 - Feb 1 by Headmaster

27 celebrity dentists, Mindy Kaling and Oprah

Is that why last night felt like root canal work?
Leeds on 11:31 - Feb 1 with 1982 viewsWingstandwood

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/details-revealed-of-why-leeds-move-for-dan-james-c

Argus!

Leeds on 11:56 - Feb 1 with 1925 viewsDewi1jack

Leeds on 08:55 - Feb 1 by 1964white

Your board's behaviour is nothing short of shambolic, feel for the kid who must now feel some animosity towards his current employers. A bunch of yanks who will know doubt stitch your club up when they need more dosh in the summer

The Swans may have shot themselves in the foot as they could struggle to acquire the fee they want in the summer with his contract is running down.

I just hope our fans don't take their anger out on Dan James when you visit ER in two weeks time, the kid deserves no grief

Personally mate,
I'd be worried about your own club and its aspirations.

Last minute deal for your main target and then can't even afford to pay the full loan fee.
Looks like your owner is as sh1te as our hedge fund is.

Bodes well for when you're promoted and looking for Conference division 2 players as that's all you can afford
Even our Vermin Eastern cousins were spending more than you will in the foreseeable future.

Leeds United.
Big club?
Really?
Can only afford a Provident door step weekly financial agreement

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Leeds on 12:00 - Feb 1 with 1904 viewsLoyal

Your board's behaviour is nothing short of shambolic, feel for the kid who must now feel some animosity towards his current employers. A bunch of yanks who will know doubt stitch your club up when they need more dosh in the summer

The Swans may have shot themselves in the foot as they could struggle to acquire the fee they want in the summer with his contract is running down.

I just hope our fans don't take their anger out on Dan James when you visit ER in two weeks time, the kid deserves no grief

Leeds fan in supporting his club when he doesn't know fck all about what happened shocker.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Leeds on 12:11 - Feb 1 with 1868 viewsWingstandwood

Leeds on 11:56 - Feb 1 by Dewi1jack

Personally mate,
I'd be worried about your own club and its aspirations.

Last minute deal for your main target and then can't even afford to pay the full loan fee.
Looks like your owner is as sh1te as our hedge fund is.

Bodes well for when you're promoted and looking for Conference division 2 players as that's all you can afford
Even our Vermin Eastern cousins were spending more than you will in the foreseeable future.

Leeds United.
Big club?
Really?
Can only afford a Provident door step weekly financial agreement

Absolutely surreal stuff!

Absolutely nuts! You'd think Leeds United would have appreciated a deal like that? Gifted a loan deal for a player that would have given a significant turbo-boost to the promised land. Where the f#ck could they have gone wrong?

Handed to em on a plate with a most obscenely generous deal that made absolute mugs of SCFC the selling club in the first place.... What utter fools!

Argus!

Login to get fewer ads

Leeds on 13:20 - Feb 1 with 1809 viewsMorfa_Same

The only thing our board did that was unprofessional was not telling them to fckoff weeks ago. Their derisory offer was a complete insult that deserved to be laughed out of the building. We're not some two-bit Sunday league team.

I'm furious with our board for even entertaining the idea of letting him go on loan, and thankfully common sense prevailed in the end.
Leeds on 13:54 - Feb 1 with 1764 viewsSong

Leeds on 12:11 - Feb 1 by Wingstandwood

Absolutely surreal stuff!

Absolutely nuts! You'd think Leeds United would have appreciated a deal like that? Gifted a loan deal for a player that would have given a significant turbo-boost to the promised land. Where the f#ck could they have gone wrong?

Handed to em on a plate with a most obscenely generous deal that made absolute mugs of SCFC the selling club in the first place.... What utter fools!

Except they agreed to our demands, we agreed to the loan deal. We then decided we wanted 750k up front from the deal, Leeds agreed and we broke off contact.

I'm glad James is still here but we have absolutely took the piss out of him.

Phil Hay
‏ @PhilHayYEP
15h15 hours ago

Essentially, deal was agreed, James passed his medical, was sat at ER from about 6pm waiting to be unveiled and Swansea went quiet. Stopped responding to contact and 11pm went by. No deal sheet in with the EFL so as far as this window is concerned, James to Leeds isn't happening.

Phil Hay
‏ @PhilHayYEP
13h13 hours ago

the version I've been given is that Leeds originally planned to pay a £1.5m loan fee for James in June. Swansea then asked for £750,000 up front with the rest to come at the end of the season. Leeds were willing to agree to that.

Phil Hay
‏ @PhilHayYEP
15h15 hours ago

a very awkward situation for James who told Swansea that he wanted to leave and take the move. Leeds might revisit this in the summer but that's for another day. Big frustration to have missed out on him. #lufc
Leeds on 15:25 - Feb 1 with 1685 viewsItchySphincter

Seriously, f*ck Leeds. Who cares about Leeds? F*ck them and if Dan James wants to sulk f*ck him too.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Leeds on 15:32 - Feb 1 with 1672 viewsmonmouth

Leeds on 13:54 - Feb 1 by Song

Except they agreed to our demands, we agreed to the loan deal. We then decided we wanted 750k up front from the deal, Leeds agreed and we broke off contact.

Phil Hay
‏ @PhilHayYEP
15h15 hours ago

Essentially, deal was agreed, James passed his medical, was sat at ER from about 6pm waiting to be unveiled and Swansea went quiet. Stopped responding to contact and 11pm went by. No deal sheet in with the EFL so as far as this window is concerned, James to Leeds isn't happening.

Phil Hay
‏ @PhilHayYEP
13h13 hours ago

the version I've been given is that Leeds originally planned to pay a £1.5m loan fee for James in June. Swansea then asked for £750,000 up front with the rest to come at the end of the season. Leeds were willing to agree to that.

Phil Hay
‏ @PhilHayYEP
15h15 hours ago

a very awkward situation for James who told Swansea that he wanted to leave and take the move. Leeds might revisit this in the summer but that's for another day. Big frustration to have missed out on him. #lufc

Those leeds c*nts are tossers though eh mate? Aren't they mate? Real w*nkers? Aren't they? You being such a big Swans fan and all?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Leeds on 21:28 - Feb 1 with 1542 views1964white

Leeds on 15:32 - Feb 1 by monmouth

Those leeds c*nts are tossers though eh mate? Aren't they mate? Real w*nkers? Aren't they? You being such a big Swans fan and all?

Leeds on 00:53 - Feb 2 with 1435 viewsDJack

Leeds on 08:03 - Feb 1 by ItchySphincter

League One title anyone???

C*nts.

That's the first thing I thought of when I saw the bitching from the Leeds fans.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Leeds on 07:21 - Feb 2 with 1358 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I hope he gets loads of grief off you lot. Give him hell I say

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Leeds on 09:42 - Feb 2 with 1314 viewsDewi1jack

Leeds on 00:53 - Feb 2 by DJack

That's the first thing I thought of when I saw the bitching from the Leeds fans.

Isn't it just?

Down at Brighton not celebrating we were champions because they were crying their eyes out about how they were hard done by when they'd cheated (and been caught)

"Ohhh.
We can't afford to pay £1 million to get to the Prem. Can we pay you in the summer? Or can you send a collector to the doorstep weekly and we'll pay a fiver?"

Big club?
No longer.

Deluded fans?
Most definitely

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Leeds on 09:58 - Feb 2 with 1287 viewsGlyn1

Leeds on 13:54 - Feb 1 by Song

Phil Hay
‏ @PhilHayYEP
15h15 hours ago

Phil Hay
‏ @PhilHayYEP
13h13 hours ago

Phil Hay
‏ @PhilHayYEP
15h15 hours ago

From Wingstandwood's link above:

"Leeds had apparently tried to sign James permanently and offered £5 million up front for the player after a week of “complicated talks” with another payment due if they were promoted to the Premier League. However, a loan transfer was settled upon but that deal fell through..."

Seriously? Is that the Board's lucky number or something? I'd forgotten that DJ is from Yorkshire so you could understand why he'd want to move there.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Leeds on 10:15 - Feb 2 with 1253 viewsLeonWasGod

Leeds on 10:26 - Feb 1 by AguycalledJack

If your such a big club I would be questioning why the 1 mil you were offering would not be paid until the summer and then coupled with all the other conditions would mean that payments would be staggered over 3 years. Sounds like were not the only ones with financial issues.

I would be looking closer to home to apportion blame on this one if I were you.

That's true, although why wouldn't they? Imagine yourself in their shoes - you're pushing for automatic promotion and then someone offers to loan you a player who can tie fullbacks up in knots. The numpty owner of the loaning club is prepared to take on all the risk of you not being able to afford the player if you don't go up. And they will let you defer the loan payment until the end of the loan, helping your cashflow now and freeing up finances for more strengthening or offering new contracts to your existing players. It'd be Christmas coming early.

If there was any doubt (there wasn't) that the yanks haven't a clue what they're doing, surely this puts those doubts to rest.
Leeds on 10:30 - Feb 2 with 1232 viewsGlyn1

So, after reading all of these posts, is this how it happened?

Leeds: Our manager likes Daniel James, he's a local lad and we will give you £5 million for him in stages.

Swansea: Definitely not, he's worth a lot more than that. Add a couple of million to your offer.

Leeds: OK but ONLY if we get promoted, because that's too much for a Championship player. We'll make a down payment now for a loan deal and the rest if we get promoted.

Swansea: How much for the loan deal?

Leeds: A couple of million and his wages?

Swansea: It's a deal!

Leeds: Although we'll have to split the deal money in half, that's £750k now and £750k at the end of the season

Swansea: Oh, OK.

Graham Potter: You want to sell Bony and Carroll (fair enough) and Fer and Montero AND James? If that happens, I quit.

Jenkins to the owners: He's serious, we need to keep Potter.

The owners: We want the money.

Repeat for the next several hours.

The owners to Jenkins: OK, OK, it's Super Bowl weekend and we're busy partying. So we won't sell him until the summer. Just remember that We Want The Money.

Seriously, is that how it happened? I thought panto season had finished.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2019 10:34]

Leeds on 10:35 - Feb 2 with 1218 viewstrinityann

Leeds on 10:30 - Feb 2 by Glyn1

Leeds: Our manager likes Daniel James, he's a local lad and we will give you £5 million for him in stages.

Swansea: Definitely not, he's worth a lot more than that. Add a couple of million to your offer.

Leeds: OK but ONLY if we get promoted, because that's too much for a Championship player. We'll make a down payment now for a loan deal and the rest if we get promoted.

Leeds: Although we'll have to split the deal money in half, that's £750k now and £750k at the end of the season

Graham Potter: You want to sell Bony and Carroll (fair enough) and Fer and Montero AND James? If that happens, I quit.

The owners to Jenkins: OK, OK, it's Super Bowl weekend and we're busy partying. So we won't sell him until the summer. Just remember that We Want The Money.

Looks a plausible story.
Leeds on 12:09 - Feb 2 with 1168 viewsunion_jack

Leeds on 10:30 - Feb 2 by Glyn1

Not far off maybe. I don’t think Potter would have threatened to walk tbh. I’d much rather believe that Huw said this is going to happen over my dead body and disobeyed orders from Washington. Doubtful also.

The problem with a hedgefund is that the investors need to see money coming in quickly. But football never works like that. Even the Man City’s, PSG’s and Real Madrid’s of thus world will pay in stages. A hedgefund should be nowhere near a football club. Naïvety all round with serious consequences to our football club.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Leeds on 13:40 - Feb 2 with 1081 viewsGlyn1

Leeds on 12:09 - Feb 2 by union_jack

Not far off maybe. I don’t think Potter would have threatened to walk tbh. I’d much rather believe that Huw said this is going to happen over my dead body and disobeyed orders from Washington. Doubtful also.

The problem with a hedgefund is that the investors need to see money coming in quickly. But football never works like that. Even the Man City’s, PSG’s and Real Madrid’s of thus world will pay in stages. A hedgefund should be nowhere near a football club. Naïvety all round with serious consequences to our football club.

You're probably right.

According to today's Times (p9 of the Sport section) Huw Jenkins, the Swansea City chairman, vetoed the club's decision to sell to Leeds United at 10pm on Thursday after discovering the terms of the payment structure, which would have meant that they did not receive any money for one of their best players until June. The club had agreed to loan James for £1.5 million for the rest of the season, with Leeds obliged to buy him for a set fee of £7 million if they are promoted to the Premier League.

On closer examination of the paperwork, however, Jenkins found that Leeds were not obliged to pay the loan fee for the 21-year-old winger until June 30, with any subsequent transfer fee payable in instalments over four years. That deal would have significantly strengthened Marcelo Bielsa's Leeds squad, as they chase promotion, for no initial outlay.

Leeds on 13:44 - Feb 2 with 1070 viewsmonmouth

Leeds on 13:40 - Feb 2 by Glyn1

You're probably right.

According to today's Times (p9 of the Sport section) Huw Jenkins, the Swansea City chairman, vetoed the club's decision to sell to Leeds United at 10pm on Thursday after discovering the terms of the payment structure, which would have meant that they did not receive any money for one of their best players until June. The club had agreed to loan James for £1.5 million for the rest of the season, with Leeds obliged to buy him for a set fee of £7 million if they are promoted to the Premier League.

On closer examination of the paperwork, however, Jenkins found that Leeds were not obliged to pay the loan fee for the 21-year-old winger until June 30, with any subsequent transfer fee payable in instalments over four years. That deal would have significantly strengthened Marcelo Bielsa's Leeds squad, as they chase promotion, for no initial outlay.

Oh yes, it’s all about the money. It was Leeds that f*cked it up. They obviously have the same pot to piss on that we do. No pot.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Leeds on 16:46 - Feb 2 with 995 viewsJonathans_coat

Leeds on 13:40 - Feb 2 by Glyn1

You're probably right.

We’ve been stung with this payment in installments, and add on clauses before. Cash flow is the major issue at the moment so we need the money now, it’s not much good in four years time.

Wasn’t the Siggy deal to be paid over 4 years? Terrible deal, part of the reason we have zero cash now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024