Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Trust in the Liberty Directors Box on a matchday 16:26 - Feb 13 with 7278 viewsDarran

Has to stop immediately!

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Trust in the Liberty Directors Box on a matchday on 20:25 - Feb 13 with 1227 viewsswanforthemoney

If they can stand being near the bastards for 90 minutes they should go in.
Know your enemy.

I stand in the North Stand

The Trust in the Liberty Directors Box on a matchday on 21:04 - Feb 13 with 1140 viewsGaryjack

The Trust in the Liberty Directors Box on a matchday on 20:25 - Feb 13 by swanforthemoney

If they can stand being near the bastards for 90 minutes they should go in.
Know your enemy.

Of course they can stand being near them. Those that go there, do so to heighten their "match day experience" and to dine at the top table. It has nothing to do with trust business, it's a perk that has to stop now. I'm quite frankly stunned that after everything that has happened today, that Phil (The trust chairman) thinks it's a good idea that this continues!
The Trust in the Liberty Directors Box on a matchday on 21:13 - Feb 13 with 1119 viewsswancity

The Trust in the Liberty Directors Box on a matchday on 21:04 - Feb 13 by Garyjack

Of course they can stand being near them. Those that go there, do so to heighten their "match day experience" and to dine at the top table. It has nothing to do with trust business, it's a perk that has to stop now. I'm quite frankly stunned that after everything that has happened today, that Phil (The trust chairman) thinks it's a good idea that this continues!

That’s about the gist of it

No need for any trust people to be sitting there

To achieve what exactly ?

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

The Trust in the Liberty Directors Box on a matchday on 21:20 - Feb 13 with 1094 viewsPhil_S

The Trust in the Liberty Directors Box on a matchday on 21:04 - Feb 13 by Garyjack

I will only speak for myself but my matchday experience is never heightened when I've been there in the past

But the last twice I have been there it had been disfiguring to discuss the very legal process that needs discussing otherwise I'd be nowhere near it. I'm led to believe this weekend could have some interesting attendees t hat should benefit us to be there. If it wasn't for that I'm likely not to be at the game

Outside of that my view has not changed in that we shouldn't be there for anything other than trust business but that's conveniently ignored. And every board member will tell you that's been my view consistently.

But we may as well find something to bash us with on this most tiring of days especially with clear legal advice that dialogue should continue

This post has been edited by an administrator
The Trust in the Liberty Directors Box on a matchday on 21:28 - Feb 13 with 1048 viewsDarran

The Trust in the Liberty Directors Box on a matchday on 21:20 - Feb 13 by Phil_S

I will only speak for myself but my matchday experience is never heightened when I've been there in the past

But the last twice I have been there it had been disfiguring to discuss the very legal process that needs discussing otherwise I'd be nowhere near it. I'm led to believe this weekend could have some interesting attendees t hat should benefit us to be there. If it wasn't for that I'm likely not to be at the game

Outside of that my view has not changed in that we shouldn't be there for anything other than trust business but that's conveniently ignored. And every board member will tell you that's been my view consistently.

But we may as well find something to bash us with on this most tiring of days especially with clear legal advice that dialogue should continue

Who?

The Trust in the Liberty Directors Box on a matchday on 21:30 - Feb 13 with 1043 viewsDewi1jack

The Trust in the Liberty Directors Box on a matchday on 18:56 - Feb 13 by Garyjack

5 years ago we were "fans for the fans". Things have moved on somewhat in case you hadn't noticed!

Normal Cardiff fan living in the past.

Although he's 87 years closer to the here and now than they normally are🤪

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

The Trust in the Liberty Directors Box on a matchday on 21:33 - Feb 13 with 1026 viewsThe_E20

Why? Seems silly to me.

You want the Trust to give up their directorship presence? It is actions such as that which make the Trust seem irrelevant. You really have to start looking at things through other people’s eyes if you are to make any such decision.

Not that we agree on very much, but Phil is right on this and I’m sure will confirm that my view has always been in line with that.
The Trust in the Liberty Directors Box on a matchday on 21:33 - Feb 13 with 1026 viewsPhil_S

The Trust in the Liberty Directors Box on a matchday on 21:28 - Feb 13 by Darran

Who?

Well possibly the main men if their pr guy has his way

I remain to be convinced
Login to get fewer ads

The Trust in the Liberty Directors Box on a matchday on 21:36 - Feb 13 with 1012 viewsbuilthjack

The Trust in the Liberty Directors Box on a matchday on 21:33 - Feb 13 by Phil_S

Well possibly the main men if their pr guy has his way

I remain to be convinced

We need a full house there to let them know what we think of them

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Trust in the Liberty Directors Box on a matchday on 21:37 - Feb 13 with 1001 viewsPhil_S

The Trust in the Liberty Directors Box on a matchday on 21:36 - Feb 13 by builthjack

We need a full house there to let them know what we think of them

I wouldn't hold your breath on actual attendance
The Trust in the Liberty Directors Box on a matchday on 21:37 - Feb 13 with 1000 viewsGaryjack

The Trust in the Liberty Directors Box on a matchday on 21:20 - Feb 13 by Phil_S

Phil, i wasn't referring to your matchday experience, and you should know that. But you cannot deny that some trust board members use it as a perk, and now you are condoning that they continue to do that, when it clearly serves no purpose other than to mix with them on a social level. It has to stop, and you should be encouraging that instead of taking the opposite stance. Which after today is quite frankly not on mate. I'm sorry, but the trust should be as far away from the lot of them that is humanly possible.
The Trust in the Liberty Directors Box on a matchday on 21:39 - Feb 13 with 986 viewsPhil_S

The Trust in the Liberty Directors Box on a matchday on 21:37 - Feb 13 by Garyjack

Phil, i wasn't referring to your matchday experience, and you should know that. But you cannot deny that some trust board members use it as a perk, and now you are condoning that they continue to do that, when it clearly serves no purpose other than to mix with them on a social level. It has to stop, and you should be encouraging that instead of taking the opposite stance. Which after today is quite frankly not on mate. I'm sorry, but the trust should be as far away from the lot of them that is humanly possible.

I don't believe the view of individual board members will have changed during the season and references in a statement last August

Maybe if we are lucky the sellers solicitor could be there
The Trust in the Liberty Directors Box on a matchday on 22:04 - Feb 13 with 915 viewsYossarian

The Trust in the Liberty Directors Box on a matchday on 21:39 - Feb 13 by Phil_S

I don't believe the view of individual board members will have changed during the season and references in a statement last August

Nevertheless, it is unnecessary. The point being made in terms of the potential opportunities to discuss business with various individuals on the official side seems a pretty thin one to me. As a Trust member I am very uncomfortable with anyone from the Trust utilising this perceived perk. This insistence on the Trust utilising the Directors facilities will not end well for the Trust. The members appear to be unequivocal- stop it.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

The Trust in the Liberty Directors Box on a matchday on 22:09 - Feb 13 with 884 viewsTenbySwan

The Trust in the Liberty Directors Box on a matchday on 19:14 - Feb 13 by Phil_S

As someone who has been anti this presence for some time I actually now think the time is to be there

With the sellers present less and less and legal advice being to keep dialogue with buyers alive then a matchday presence could be valuable in the short term

I support that.

That is what I was thinking

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

It should be strictly business though and not a jolly for families or friends as well.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2019 22:16]
The Trust in the Liberty Directors Box on a matchday on 22:12 - Feb 13 with 868 viewsDarran

The Trust in the Liberty Directors Box on a matchday on 21:37 - Feb 13 by Garyjack

Some? It’s the same one practically every game for the last couple of years.

The Trust in the Liberty Directors Box on a matchday on 22:13 - Feb 13 with 864 viewslonglostjack

The Trust in the Liberty Directors Box on a matchday on 21:39 - Feb 13 by Phil_S

What would it achieve talking to him/her?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Trust in the Liberty Directors Box on a matchday on 22:25 - Feb 13 with 821 viewsGaryjack

The Trust in the Liberty Directors Box on a matchday on 22:04 - Feb 13 by Yossarian

Nevertheless, it is unnecessary. The point being made in terms of the potential opportunities to discuss business with various individuals on the official side seems a pretty thin one to me. As a Trust member I am very uncomfortable with anyone from the Trust utilising this perceived perk. This insistence on the Trust utilising the Directors facilities will not end well for the Trust. The members appear to be unequivocal- stop it.

As a trust member, i support Phil and the board, but it's not unequivocal. Any trust board member who continues to use this perk are betraying it's members, and ultimately at this time also betraying what the trust stands for. To mix with the scum is totally unacceptable. Their only presence in the boardroom on matchdays is totally sociable, and to enjoy the perks that being a trust board member beholds them. No other reason from this day forward.
The Trust in the Liberty Directors Box on a matchday on 22:29 - Feb 13 with 803 viewsMoscowJack

I've long held a strong view and opinion on this. It's not for Trust Board member's wives or old farts to pop along for copious amounts of free booze, as it has been in the past.

It's (as someone else has said above) a case of keeping your enemies closer.

I also don't believe, for one second, that Stu Macdonald enjoys it there, but I could be wrong. Personally I think that Stu and Phil should be there every home game, at the moment. I know they might not want to, but they have to be seen and seen not to be frightened.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

The Trust in the Liberty Directors Box on a matchday on 22:31 - Feb 13 with 796 viewsGaryjack

The Trust in the Liberty Directors Box on a matchday on 22:12 - Feb 13 by Darran

Some? It’s the same one practically every game for the last couple of years.

I wont ask who it is Darran, but if they wish to continue, then they should be asked to stop or step down. The sellers have declared war today, but most of us knew what was coming the day Jenkins resigned.
The Trust in the Liberty Directors Box on a matchday on 22:33 - Feb 13 with 786 viewsEbo

The Trust in the Liberty Directors Box on a matchday on 18:26 - Feb 13 by Darran

We chat have the likes of Oldjack pissed up in the Directors Box mun,we’d be kicked out of the league ffs.

It would cost them a fortune in seat protectors too.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

The Trust in the Liberty Directors Box on a matchday on 22:34 - Feb 13 with 777 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The Trust in the Liberty Directors Box on a matchday on 22:29 - Feb 13 by MoscowJack

I've long held a strong view and opinion on this. It's not for Trust Board member's wives or old farts to pop along for copious amounts of free booze, as it has been in the past.

I also don't believe, for one second, that Stu Macdonald enjoys it there, but I could be wrong. Personally I think that Stu and Phil should be there every home game, at the moment. I know they might not want to, but they have to be seen and seen not to be frightened.

Agree, and to say what they are able to if questioned by those in and around the Director's box.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

The Trust in the Liberty Directors Box on a matchday on 22:41 - Feb 13 with 754 viewsjack247

The trust should absolutely have a presence in the directors box.

Completely agree it shouldn’t be a perk though. Taking wives/friends etc is just wrong. Whoever is in there should be representing the the trust and the fan base in general. It shouldn’t be a day out.

To be fair, more or less every post I’ve seen from a trust board member claims they’d rather be in their normal seat than the directors box.
The Trust in the Liberty Directors Box on a matchday on 22:47 - Feb 13 with 735 viewsGaryjack

The Trust in the Liberty Directors Box on a matchday on 22:29 - Feb 13 by MoscowJack

And that achieves what exactly Nick? They wont enjoy going there, but they will to show their not scared? That makes no sense at all! Leave it to the legal representatives now. After today it's the only way to go.
The Trust in the Liberty Directors Box on a matchday on 22:50 - Feb 13 with 721 viewsDarran

Well I don’t know what so far has achieved by being in the Directirs Box and I don’t see staying in there achieving anything in the future.

The Trust in the Liberty Directors Box on a matchday on 22:55 - Feb 13 with 698 viewsbuilthjack

The Trust in the Liberty Directors Box on a matchday on 22:31 - Feb 13 by Garyjack

I wont ask who it is Darran, but if they wish to continue, then they should be asked to stop or step down. The sellers have declared war today, but most of us knew what was coming the day Jenkins resigned.

Just name them

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024