Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dan James to sign new deal 18:26 - Feb 18 with 45059 viewswestisbest

Great news

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/daniel-james-news-leeds-united-1584
Dan James to sign new deal on 17:03 - Apr 10 with 3419 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Leeds could have had him but could not raise the money unless they got to the PL. They could not even afford the loan fee.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Dan James to sign new deal on 21:37 - Apr 10 with 3245 viewsBadlands

https://www.footballinsider247.com/revealed-southampton-eager-to-get-transfer-re

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Dan James to sign new deal on 21:44 - Apr 10 with 3228 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Dan James to sign new deal on 21:37 - Apr 10 by Badlands

https://www.footballinsider247.com/revealed-southampton-eager-to-get-transfer-re

What a load of sh*t. Southampton??

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Dan James to sign new deal on 11:14 - Apr 11 with 2987 viewswestisbest

Dan expects an update on his contract talks soon.

Come on Dan , you owe the fans another year ,. this would cement your future career. Giggs would'nt pick you if you were on the bench elswhere . Look what happened to that other swans winger, sinclair . Look where he is now.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/daniel-james-swansea-
Dan James to sign new deal on 11:18 - Apr 11 with 2976 views34dfgdf54

Dan James to sign new deal on 11:14 - Apr 11 by westisbest

Come on Dan , you owe the fans another year ,. this would cement your future career. Giggs would'nt pick you if you were on the bench elswhere . Look what happened to that other swans winger, sinclair . Look where he is now.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/daniel-james-swansea-

I'm trying to look at things without Rose Tinted specs on, I don't think he owes us anything with the way the situation panned out in January.

You could argue we give him his chance signing him from Hull etc, but didn't they want to keep him, but we paid the cash to get him in? He more than likely would have made an impact there, and probably earlier as he would have been playing in the Championship with them.
Dan James to sign new deal on 11:36 - Apr 11 with 2938 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Aye, multimillionaire Scott Sinclair is in a terrible state.

Dan’s agent is so happy he can hardly count.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Dan James to sign new deal on 11:51 - Apr 11 with 2911 viewsFireboy2

Im just going to be happy watching him in the two or possibly three games i can get to this season.

I would be absolutely over the moon if he stayed and equally gutted if he left but these last few months hes been briiliant to watch and hes only going to get better which will be great for us if he stays and for wales also
[Post edited 11 Apr 2019 12:54]
Dan James to sign new deal on 12:53 - Apr 11 with 2830 viewswestisbest

Dan James to sign new deal on 11:36 - Apr 11 by Joe_bradshaw

Aye, multimillionaire Scott Sinclair is in a terrible state.

Dan’s agent is so happy he can hardly count.

Yeah , but he can't be happy playing in a Mickey mouse league
Login to get fewer ads

Dan James to sign new deal on 18:19 - Apr 11 with 2667 viewsMrSwerve

I think Giggs would pick him wherever he was now, regardless of being on the bench or not. Rightly or wrongly, being on the bench in the PL is still worth some weight.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Dan James to sign new deal on 18:59 - Apr 11 with 2587 viewsjasper_T

Dan James to sign new deal on 18:19 - Apr 11 by MrSwerve

I think Giggs would pick him wherever he was now, regardless of being on the bench or not. Rightly or wrongly, being on the bench in the PL is still worth some weight.

If his competition all stay still, sure. But Wilson could step up a level, and then there's Lawrence, Matondo and Woodburn as potential rivals for a starting place alongside Bale, Ramsey and Brooks.

Go to a big club and drop into their u23s for half a season and he could quickly find himself out of the immediate picture, as other breakthrough stars have in the past.
Dan James to sign new deal on 19:56 - Apr 11 with 2506 viewsmonmouth

Anyone really think that James would give a shit about Wales if a PL club weighed in with a £40k a week offer?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Dan James to sign new deal on 20:01 - Apr 11 with 2488 viewsFireboy2

Dan James to sign new deal on 19:56 - Apr 11 by monmouth

Anyone really think that James would give a shit about Wales if a PL club weighed in with a £40k a week offer?

Thats quite a big statement monny
Dan James to sign new deal on 20:17 - Apr 11 with 2459 viewsMrSwerve

Dan James to sign new deal on 20:01 - Apr 11 by Fireboy2

Thats quite a big statement monny

And very true.

He’d be off as soon as a half decent PL club comes in with a decent offer. Or any PL club really if they were offering 40k pw.

Dan James to sign new deal on 20:20 - Apr 11 with 2446 viewsmagicdaps10

Potter saying that he could play for a top 6 team, for me that is Potter getting his rep up, trying to get as many teams interested.

For me, he is off and I cant argue with it, the boy is class and deserves to be in the premier league.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Dan James to sign new deal on 20:35 - Apr 11 with 2416 viewsFireboy2

Dan James to sign new deal on 20:17 - Apr 11 by MrSwerve

And very true.

He’d be off as soon as a half decent PL club comes in with a decent offer. Or any PL club really if they were offering 40k pw.

I mean DJ not giving a fvck about wales

Your point about him being off for bigger money is spot on though
Dan James to sign new deal on 20:40 - Apr 11 with 2394 viewsMrSwerve

Dan James to sign new deal on 20:35 - Apr 11 by Fireboy2

I mean DJ not giving a fvck about wales

Your point about him being off for bigger money is spot on though

I think Mon was being deliberately flippant there, stating that Wales would take a back seat if someone offered a bumper pay day. I think he’s right. Not saying that DJ wouldn’t care at all about Wales, but next to his club career it’s probably not as important.

Dan James to sign new deal on 20:47 - Apr 11 with 2380 viewsFireboy2

Dan James to sign new deal on 20:40 - Apr 11 by MrSwerve

I think Mon was being deliberately flippant there, stating that Wales would take a back seat if someone offered a bumper pay day. I think he’s right. Not saying that DJ wouldn’t care at all about Wales, but next to his club career it’s probably not as important.

What? Like Bale has done?

DJ has just scored a winning goal in a euro qualifier, hes nailed a position down in the welsh starting line up, i think some people dont give the class welsh footballers the benefit of the doubt, they might actually love playing for Wales.
Dan James to sign new deal on 21:00 - Apr 11 with 2337 viewsBytholWyn

Let's not forget that what Dan James and his agent want is secondary to what the club want for one season. The owners would clearly love to cash in their chips with James. However, given that we can reasonably expect compensation close to £10 million even is he leaves at the end of his current contract (assuming he continues to perform for Wales which there's every chance he will if he's playing regularly for us). - then the club is in a stronger position than many people seem to think.

The smart thing for James to do may well be to sign a new contract with us - knowing that he'll get regular game time for us and therefore Wales This could lead to a move to a much bigger club in a year's time - and not just to sit on the bench. It all comes down to whether or not James is willing to play the long game and do what's smart for his career, rather than grasp at the first opportunity of a big pay day. The same goes for the club.
Dan James to sign new deal on 21:07 - Apr 11 with 2314 viewsWarwickHunt

Dan James to sign new deal on 20:20 - Apr 11 by magicdaps10

Potter saying that he could play for a top 6 team, for me that is Potter getting his rep up, trying to get as many teams interested.

For me, he is off and I cant argue with it, the boy is class and deserves to be in the premier league.

I think he meant if he played his cards right and boosted his reputation with us he could end up at a top six club rather than bugger up his career by being on the fringes of a smaller PL club next season.
Dan James to sign new deal on 21:21 - Apr 11 with 2259 viewsDr_Winston

If anyone thinks that Wales will be anything more than a remote factor in the (Yorkshire born) Daniel James' thinking when it comes to his next transfer, then I've got some magic beans to sell them.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Dan James to sign new deal on 21:48 - Apr 11 with 2179 viewsFlashberryjack

Dan James to sign new deal on 21:21 - Apr 11 by Dr_Winston

If anyone thinks that Wales will be anything more than a remote factor in the (Yorkshire born) Daniel James' thinking when it comes to his next transfer, then I've got some magic beans to sell them.

Dan Likes it in Swansea, has good friends in Swansea, has a good relationship with our manage, is aware of the "Swansea voodoo" on players that leave for greener pastures, and I do believe his lady friend is from this area.

Very minor factors in the grand scheme of things I know, but nevertheless they are factors.

And No! I don't need any magic beans thank you

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Dan James to sign new deal on 22:12 - Apr 11 with 2104 viewsJacket

Dan James to sign new deal on 21:21 - Apr 11 by Dr_Winston

Why would his Wales career have any bearing on his decision as to where he's going next? As friendlies now happen on the same international weekends as competitive matches, it's become more difficult for managers to do a Fergie. If he's on the bench for a top 6 club he'll probably stil get in the Wales team
[Post edited 11 Apr 2019 22:13]
Dan James to sign new deal on 22:47 - Apr 11 with 2022 viewsBytholWyn

Dan James to sign new deal on 22:12 - Apr 11 by Jacket

Why would his Wales career have any bearing on his decision as to where he's going next? As friendlies now happen on the same international weekends as competitive matches, it's become more difficult for managers to do a Fergie. If he's on the bench for a top 6 club he'll probably stil get in the Wales team
[Post edited 11 Apr 2019 22:13]

As things stand, given the abundance of riches Wales have at their disposal, if all players are fit it's a fight between James and Wilson for the left wing slot, with Lawrence a small way behind. The only reason Williams was dropped for James Lawrence for the Slovakia match, was his lack of game time.

James is by no means a certain starter for Wales, and if he's not playing for his club he could find himself out in the cold. This will be a consideration for James, not least because the opportunity to shine at international level will put him in the shop window for a move to a bigger club than would otherwise be the case. The long game is for James to stay with Swansea for another season, continue his meteoric development under Potter, shine for Wales and then secure a move to a top six club.

I still expect James to leave in the summer, but these factors at least strengthen Swansea's negotiating position.
Dan James to sign new deal on 06:22 - Apr 12 with 1895 viewsjack247

A lot of comments about not being picked for Wales if he’s not playing for his club. I’d have thought not playing for his club would be the bigger problem in itself.

He’s improving at a rate of knots, but he’s not the finished article. I don’t think he’ll be here next season, but consistent first team football should be his main priority in his second real season. He’s got time on his side.
Dan James to sign new deal on 06:44 - Apr 12 with 1881 viewsDr_Winston

Dan James to sign new deal on 21:48 - Apr 11 by Flashberryjack

Dan Likes it in Swansea, has good friends in Swansea, has a good relationship with our manage, is aware of the "Swansea voodoo" on players that leave for greener pastures, and I do believe his lady friend is from this area.

Very minor factors in the grand scheme of things I know, but nevertheless they are factors.

And No! I don't need any magic beans thank you

Wales the team, not Wales the country.

You sure about those beans?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024