Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC Match Thread 23:24 - Mar 31 with 24260 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 2 Apr 2019 18:59]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC Match Thread on 21:44 - Apr 2 with 3359 viewskarnataka

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC Match Thread on 21:14 - Apr 2 by Glyn1

Probably Karnataka watching home games. This is the first he's missed this season. Coincidence?

WTF???
The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC Match Thread on 21:49 - Apr 2 with 3281 viewskarnataka

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC Match Thread on 21:19 - Apr 2 by vetchonian

Let's have a whip round to pay him to go to the pub for the rest of the season

Suits me!

Don't expect to miss any more home games this season though. Got home in time to watch 2nd half via the posted link. Decent enough stream too. Good performance boys.
The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC Match Thread on 21:50 - Apr 2 with 3262 viewsGaryjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC Match Thread on 21:31 - Apr 2 by vetchonian

Only a 4m release fee

Keep up ffs
The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC Match Thread on 21:54 - Apr 2 with 3186 viewsfelixstowe_jack

What was the attendance this evening

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC Match Thread on 22:01 - Apr 2 with 3118 viewsvetchonian

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC Match Thread on 21:54 - Apr 2 by felixstowe_jack

What was the attendance this evening

Not many most watching the stream

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC Match Thread on 22:10 - Apr 2 with 3037 viewsploppy

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC Match Thread on 21:22 - Apr 2 by Glyn1

That does seem to be Potter's style. 2 - 0 after an hour and he seems to want to ease up. So long as it works I suppose.u

Not sure it's Potter's style per se. I think that's what you get with a very young side - the level starts to drop and they find it difficult to manage the game. Plus, Brentford are a very decent side, so they were bound to have good spells in the game. But overall, that was an excellent performance. Don't forget, we also hit the bar twice and the post once (although DJ scored from the rebound).
The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC Match Thread on 22:17 - Apr 2 with 2970 viewssainthelens

Just back and gotta say well played lads. Again constantly repeating it by saying we have missed a trick this season, if the powers that be had just a sniff of ambition and strengthend in the January window, we'd have strolled into the playoffs. Now we must sit n suffer the break up of a side that could/should have a great next season.
The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC Match Thread on 22:19 - Apr 2 with 2961 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC Match Thread on 22:17 - Apr 2 by sainthelens

Just back and gotta say well played lads. Again constantly repeating it by saying we have missed a trick this season, if the powers that be had just a sniff of ambition and strengthend in the January window, we'd have strolled into the playoffs. Now we must sit n suffer the break up of a side that could/should have a great next season.

Always looking for the defeat in victory some people.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC Match Thread on 22:25 - Apr 2 with 2907 viewsGaryjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC Match Thread on 22:19 - Apr 2 by jasper_T

Or just stating the obvious!
The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC Match Thread on 23:10 - Apr 2 with 2647 viewsTNT

Just got back, scrolled thread, only to note:

No Dwighty
No Bobbly
No Valley

Not a true Swans fan amongst them.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC Match Thread on 23:18 - Apr 2 with 2615 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC Match Thread on 23:10 - Apr 2 by TNT

Just got back, scrolled thread, only to note:

No Dwighty
No Bobbly
No Valley

Not a true Swans fan amongst them.

Wouldn't true Swans fans have been at the game? And sensible ones straight to bed after, on a week night?
The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC Match Thread on 23:29 - Apr 2 with 2558 viewsTNT

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC Match Thread on 23:18 - Apr 2 by jasper_T

Wouldn't true Swans fans have been at the game? And sensible ones straight to bed after, on a week night?

Based on your pathetic attempt, why are you on here then prik?

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC Match Thread on 00:23 - Apr 3 with 2424 viewsbuilthjack

Decent 3 points. Oh for a centre forward though.
Awful support from Brentford, about 120. That's lower than most Conference clubs take away midweek.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC Match Thread on 01:07 - Apr 3 with 2379 viewssainthelens

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC Match Thread on 22:19 - Apr 2 by jasper_T

If your having a pop, that's a fckn feeble attempt.
The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC Match Thread on 01:38 - Apr 3 with 2348 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC Match Thread on 22:10 - Apr 2 by ploppy

Not sure it's Potter's style per se. I think that's what you get with a very young side - the level starts to drop and they find it difficult to manage the game. Plus, Brentford are a very decent side, so they were bound to have good spells in the game. But overall, that was an excellent performance. Don't forget, we also hit the bar twice and the post once (although DJ scored from the rebound).

That was possibly the poorest away performance I’ve seen down here this year. They were a decent side, but this lot aren’t anymore. Total garbage.

That’s not taking anything away from us as we controlled the game, but they had nothing. How on earth are they above us in the table?

I didn’t think we got out of first gear all game. No dropping of performance- we bossed it. I’ve seen pre-season friendlies with more intensity. But it wasn’t needed, did I mention Brentford were shite?
The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC Match Thread on 05:36 - Apr 3 with 2233 viewsicecoldjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC Match Thread on 22:17 - Apr 2 by sainthelens

Let's make the above post a sticky just to remind everyone just how much Huw and Co. And the Yanks have fooked us over.

Just a little bit of ambition and holding of nerve would have meant us looking at a return to prem football. The league isn't that strong and we've missed a great chance to return, next season expect at least 6/7 more players gone .
The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC Match Thread on 06:48 - Apr 3 with 2189 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC Match Thread on 05:36 - Apr 3 by icecoldjack

Let's make the above post a sticky just to remind everyone just how much Huw and Co. And the Yanks have fooked us over.

Just a little bit of ambition and holding of nerve would have meant us looking at a return to prem football. The league isn't that strong and we've missed a great chance to return, next season expect at least 6/7 more players gone .

It’s ike they’re deliberately euthanising the club and laughing at us while they’re doing it.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC Match Thread on 07:44 - Apr 3 with 2099 viewsmagicdaps10

Fantastic performance and a much needed 3 points.

Said it before and will say it again, an experienced man in the middle, throw in a half decent centre half and we would be pushing to be promoted.

Crying shame the yanks were unwilling to give Potter a chance this season.

In saying that, well done boys for last night.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC Match Thread on 09:37 - Apr 3 with 1932 viewsjasper_T

Every time our players put in a good performance people are on here moaning that they should have been replaced and not given a chance.

"Just show a little more ambition" when most of our summer signings are wasting away on the bench/u23s, and staff are facing potential layoffs.
The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC Match Thread on 09:57 - Apr 3 with 1900 viewsLuther27

Don't know if it's been mentioned already, but shouldn't the Brentford keeper have been given a red for the foul on DJ? If ND hadn't scored would it have been one?
The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC Match Thread on 10:38 - Apr 3 with 1862 viewsmagicdaps10

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC Match Thread on 09:37 - Apr 3 by jasper_T

Every time our players put in a good performance people are on here moaning that they should have been replaced and not given a chance.

"Just show a little more ambition" when most of our summer signings are wasting away on the bench/u23s, and staff are facing potential layoffs.

Jasper, we are 14th in the championship! We have a crop of very capable and promising youngsters who were always going to be inconsistent due to their age.
We have struggled with goals and we have lost how many from being in a dominant position?

It is obvious what we are in need of, infact, it has been obvious what we needed in the last 3/4 transfer windows but yet those needs were never addressed.

I am not personally prepared to sit back and be content with what we are doing at present. A couple of experienced players in the right positions would have us up in and around the play offs......that I am confident of.

Lets put this out there, I am not knocking the team or management, I am fully supportive of what Potter is doing........I just wish the men at the top would also show a little support to him.

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC Match Thread on 11:05 - Apr 3 with 1834 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC Match Thread on 10:38 - Apr 3 by magicdaps10

Jasper, we are 14th in the championship! We have a crop of very capable and promising youngsters who were always going to be inconsistent due to their age.
We have struggled with goals and we have lost how many from being in a dominant position?

It is obvious what we are in need of, infact, it has been obvious what we needed in the last 3/4 transfer windows but yet those needs were never addressed.

I am not personally prepared to sit back and be content with what we are doing at present. A couple of experienced players in the right positions would have us up in and around the play offs......that I am confident of.

Lets put this out there, I am not knocking the team or management, I am fully supportive of what Potter is doing........I just wish the men at the top would also show a little support to him.

I'm not happy about the position either. But I am willing to knock the management for points we've dropped in certain games as a result of poor selections, game management etc. It's not simply that the players aren't good enough, and we should ave bought better ones. We've got some very good players for this level.

If we needed experienced players why didn't he buy some in the summer instead of Asoro, McKay and Celina?

As Potter himself has said many times in his press conferences, if he'd gone out and bought x, y and z, then the club doesn't have Rodon, James, Byers, Grimes etc. in the position they're in now as they don't get games and can't progress (as it was in the PL).

Biggest weak point is goalkeeper where we have two experienced options. An experienced central midfielder knocks Grimes back to 5th choice at the start of the season, and Byers never gets a kick. Would anyone want Ryan Woods over Grimes now? A bargain for £7m said some.

Routledge and Dyer in at the start of the season, braver selections in the Villa league games, no dropping in-form Mulder for Nordfeldt and better game management against Rotherham and we're in the playoff hunt with or without signings. Make the most of the home games to come and we can be thereabouts, and it'll be the quality of James and Grimes, and the experience of vdH, Dyer and Routledge that likely gets us there.
The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC Match Thread on 12:07 - Apr 3 with 1777 viewsmagicdaps10

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC Match Thread on 11:05 - Apr 3 by jasper_T

I'm not happy about the position either. But I am willing to knock the management for points we've dropped in certain games as a result of poor selections, game management etc. It's not simply that the players aren't good enough, and we should ave bought better ones. We've got some very good players for this level.

If we needed experienced players why didn't he buy some in the summer instead of Asoro, McKay and Celina?

As Potter himself has said many times in his press conferences, if he'd gone out and bought x, y and z, then the club doesn't have Rodon, James, Byers, Grimes etc. in the position they're in now as they don't get games and can't progress (as it was in the PL).

Biggest weak point is goalkeeper where we have two experienced options. An experienced central midfielder knocks Grimes back to 5th choice at the start of the season, and Byers never gets a kick. Would anyone want Ryan Woods over Grimes now? A bargain for £7m said some.

Routledge and Dyer in at the start of the season, braver selections in the Villa league games, no dropping in-form Mulder for Nordfeldt and better game management against Rotherham and we're in the playoff hunt with or without signings. Make the most of the home games to come and we can be thereabouts, and it'll be the quality of James and Grimes, and the experience of vdH, Dyer and Routledge that likely gets us there.

Potter is not allowed to buy players over a certain age, there is little chance of a profit of a player over 25.

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC Match Thread on 13:53 - Apr 3 with 1681 viewsBadlands

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC Match Thread on 09:57 - Apr 3 by Luther27

Don't know if it's been mentioned already, but shouldn't the Brentford keeper have been given a red for the foul on DJ? If ND hadn't scored would it have been one?

Yes.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Swansea City Vs Brentford FC Match Thread on 13:54 - Apr 3 with 1680 viewsBadlands

3 - 0 win
good game
response - slag of he Americans.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024