Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More from Birch 17:48 - May 23 with 6314 viewsHeadmaster

Some interesting comments in there.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/trevor-birch-swansea-
[Post edited 23 May 2019 17:48]
More from Birch on 17:53 - May 23 with 4805 viewsSwanjaxs

Obviously the sooner we get Baston and the Ayews off the books the better, he goes on to say that we a resigned to losing Dan James and perhaps one or two others, if the one or two others are to be McBurnie and Celina then we would be royally facked

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

More from Birch on 18:08 - May 23 with 4739 viewsDr_Winston

Get the sense that he knows what he's doing. Here's hoping he's not full of shit.

Nothing in there that's surprising anyway. James would be off this summer even if we were cash rich. Shifting the legacy high earners is critical to the rest of the squad reshaping. If we can't shift the ones we want to lose we might have to shift ones we don't.

All fairly obvious, but out in the open now.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

More from Birch on 18:11 - May 23 with 4697 viewsmagicdaps10

Manager will have the final say yet we sign Routledge up to another year without a new manager in place.

Views on that one?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

More from Birch on 18:11 - May 23 with 4694 viewsDafyddHuw

Put the Ayews & Baston in our team next season. If they won't play, don't pay. Easy enough.
More from Birch on 18:20 - May 23 with 4633 viewsmynamesjeff1

More from Birch on 18:11 - May 23 by DafyddHuw

Put the Ayews & Baston in our team next season. If they won't play, don't pay. Easy enough.

If Ollie and James go and we can’t shift these except loans then play the 3 up front I say.
More from Birch on 18:23 - May 23 with 4612 viewsjack247

More from Birch on 18:08 - May 23 by Dr_Winston

Get the sense that he knows what he's doing. Here's hoping he's not full of shit.

Nothing in there that's surprising anyway. James would be off this summer even if we were cash rich. Shifting the legacy high earners is critical to the rest of the squad reshaping. If we can't shift the ones we want to lose we might have to shift ones we don't.

At least he’s honest.

If the legacy players go and we sell a couple, the new manager may have a bit of a budget. I’d rather that than be strung along again.
More from Birch on 18:25 - May 23 with 4596 viewsNeath_Jack

More from Birch on 18:11 - May 23 by magicdaps10

Manager will have the final say yet we sign Routledge up to another year without a new manager in place.

Views on that one?

It's ok, Trev had a quick chat with Cam, and he's more than happy with it.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

More from Birch on 18:26 - May 23 with 4584 viewsjack247

Views on that one?

It is a bit of a contradiction, but he was one of our best players in the second half of the season and there’s probably not a big signing on fee.

At least it signals the intent to play football. No way would we have re-signed Routledge if we were looking to bring in a Pulis type.
Login to get fewer ads

More from Birch on 18:27 - May 23 with 4576 viewsdobjack2

Views on that one?

View - his one year contract is within our budget.
More from Birch on 18:47 - May 23 with 4474 viewsDr_Winston

More from Birch on 18:23 - May 23 by jack247

At least he’s honest.

If the legacy players go and we sell a couple, the new manager may have a bit of a budget. I’d rather that than be strung along again.

Think we'll have some leeway even if it's just the legacy players. Obviously more of one if others depart as well.

With the sale of James and the departures of Fer, Olsson, Narsingh and the rest we're probably going to have made a big dent in the deficit. Shift the rest too and we're not far off an even keel IMO.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

More from Birch on 18:55 - May 23 with 4401 viewsLandore_Jack

Chairman Trevor Birch does not have remit to sell club

"I'm not entirely sure what their end game is, other than concentrating on the here and now and trying to fix the current cash situation we are in," he said.

"Logic may say they might look to (sell) but that's not in black and white - it's not my brief."

"What I am concentrating on initially is trying to bring the thing back on to an even keel and seeing where we go from there."

"If the end game, if there is such a thing, is a sale, they haven't said that."

"I think as far as they are concerned the end game would be getting back into the Premier League."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48383300

#backtojack

More from Birch on 19:00 - May 23 with 4355 viewsthornabyswan

More from Birch on 18:08 - May 23 by Dr_Winston

If the Yanks had put statements like this out a while back there maybe slightly more trust.

OK we are in a hole at the moment but at least Birch is telling fans what is going on.

More than Jenkins and the owners ever did they just hid behind silence.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

More from Birch on 19:13 - May 23 with 4284 viewsNotLoyal

Views on that one?

Huws left his notebook in Birchs drawer.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

More from Birch on 19:14 - May 23 with 4273 viewsDr_Winston

More from Birch on 19:00 - May 23 by thornabyswan

If the Yanks had put statements like this out a while back there maybe slightly more trust.

OK we are in a hole at the moment but at least Birch is telling fans what is going on.

More than Jenkins and the owners ever did they just hid behind silence.

Pearlman has previously made statements about the clubs financial position that tally largely with Birch's comments today, but nobody believed him because he is American.

More from Birch on 19:22 - May 23 with 4212 viewsBrynmill_Jack

More from Birch on 19:14 - May 23 by Dr_Winston

Pearlman has previously made statements about the clubs financial position that tally largely with Birch's comments today, but nobody believed him because he is American.

I think we’ve fallen on our feet with Birch. A real football man. We’ve been crying out for one for years

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

More from Birch on 19:28 - May 23 with 4180 views3swan

More from Birch on 19:22 - May 23 by Brynmill_Jack

I think we’ve fallen on our feet with Birch. A real football man. We’ve been crying out for one for years

Let's hope we have.
Only time will tell but his releases do come across as being done in a professional way by a professional.
Could still turn out that he's saying a lot without saying anything at all.
More from Birch on 19:31 - May 23 with 4155 viewsBadlands

Views on that one?

Had the hope been to keep Routs, and it seems tad was always the case, leaving him in limbo until a new manager is appointed would have probably seen him leave - and then there would have been another shitstorm about the Americans.
From Birch's comments it appears to me that Routledge is being prepared for coaching or management at Swansea.
A worry for me is the comment, "I will get him involved with what Leon and myself are doing because it’s important to have that conduit with the players and what we’re trying to do off the field.'
That sounds like the captain's responsibility which could mean MVdH is unlikely to be with us - hope he is but ...

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

More from Birch on 19:51 - May 23 with 4040 viewsdobjack2

More from Birch on 19:31 - May 23 by Badlands

Had the hope been to keep Routs, and it seems tad was always the case, leaving him in limbo until a new manager is appointed would have probably seen him leave - and then there would have been another shitstorm about the Americans.
From Birch's comments it appears to me that Routledge is being prepared for coaching or management at Swansea.
A worry for me is the comment, "I will get him involved with what Leon and myself are doing because it’s important to have that conduit with the players and what we’re trying to do off the field.'
That sounds like the captain's responsibility which could mean MVdH is unlikely to be with us - hope he is but ...

I expect MVH to go - his contract extension would have been on the same or better wages and he is out of contract end of next season. They can the money to bring some one in on less wages. Carroll and naughton probably fall in the same category, dyer as well.

Routs as club captain makes sense. Moved around before settling here. Not the legend of curt or Leon but 270 games isn’t bad for one club as you say one year contract with perhaps a possibility of back room staff makes sense all round.
More from Birch on 19:52 - May 23 with 4026 viewsSTID2017

More from Birch on 19:31 - May 23 by Badlands

Fer was club captain, VDH was team captain.
Routeledge could fill Fer's position, whilst VDH still remains team captain

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

More from Birch on 19:56 - May 23 with 4012 viewsDr_Winston

More from Birch on 19:51 - May 23 by dobjack2

I expect MVH to go - his contract extension would have been on the same or better wages and he is out of contract end of next season. They can the money to bring some one in on less wages. Carroll and naughton probably fall in the same category, dyer as well.

Routs as club captain makes sense. Moved around before settling here. Not the legend of curt or Leon but 270 games isn’t bad for one club as you say one year contract with perhaps a possibility of back room staff makes sense all round.

Pound for pound Routledge has been a terrific value signing. If our drop down the league leads to an Indian summer for him, and the stories about him waiving a clause so he could play more is true so much the better.

Certainly think he deserves to be held in the same kind of regard as many of the top players in our history, but then I've always believed that our modern day players get short shrift in comparison to the class of 75-83 when their achievements were considerably greater.

More from Birch on 20:03 - May 23 with 3969 viewsLeonWasGod

Views on that one?

Fair point. I'm happy with it, but if that means the new manager can't get in a target it doesn't look so clever. Too many unknowns to judge. Rather Routs than another failed signing, but maybe it'll mean us missing out on another Michu. Odds on it'll be the former, so it's probably ok.
More from Birch on 20:48 - May 23 with 3792 viewsunion_jack

More from Birch on 19:56 - May 23 by Dr_Winston

Pound for pound Routledge has been a terrific value signing. If our drop down the league leads to an Indian summer for him, and the stories about him waiving a clause so he could play more is true so much the better.

Certainly think he deserves to be held in the same kind of regard as many of the top players in our history, but then I've always believed that our modern day players get short shrift in comparison to the class of 75-83 when their achievements were considerably greater.

Routledge’s problem is that most of the years he has spent here has been in the PL, which didn’t suit him for the majority if that time. To be honest, I was all for getting rid towards the end of that era but must say that he’s been absolutely fantastic in the games he’s played this year.

I hope he’s being lined up for a coaching position in the future.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

More from Birch on 20:53 - May 23 with 3760 viewsDr_Winston

More from Birch on 20:48 - May 23 by union_jack

Routledge’s problem is that most of the years he has spent here has been in the PL, which didn’t suit him for the majority if that time. To be honest, I was all for getting rid towards the end of that era but must say that he’s been absolutely fantastic in the games he’s played this year.

I hope he’s being lined up for a coaching position in the future.

Certainly not the majority. He was good bordering on excellent from 2011-2015. Last couple of years he lost his way, and had we stayed in the Prem then getting shot would have been a no brainer.

More from Birch on 20:56 - May 23 with 3745 viewsItchySphincter

More from Birch on 17:53 - May 23 by Swanjaxs

Obviously the sooner we get Baston and the Ayews off the books the better, he goes on to say that we a resigned to losing Dan James and perhaps one or two others, if the one or two others are to be McBurnie and Celina then we would be royally facked

Grimes, Socks, VdH, James out of the useful bunch all going.

We haven’t seen the last of Tom Carroll.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

More from Birch on 21:23 - May 23 with 3643 viewsjasper_T

More from Birch on 20:56 - May 23 by ItchySphincter

Grimes, Socks, VdH, James out of the useful bunch all going.

We haven’t seen the last of Tom Carroll.

Think PL clubs will look past Grimes with Woods and Allen on the market and Stoke desperate to sell. And maybe Norwood gets his usual kick back down to the Championship after getting a team promoted.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024