Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Oficial Glastonbury 2019 thread 19:23 - Jun 24 with 22646 viewsGowerjack

Ok

Let's get the usual responses out of the way 1st.

No as good as it used to be
Too expensive
Too corporate
Too many Hooray Henry's & Henriettas
The line up's shìte
No as good as it was during the 70s 80s 90s 00s
I've not been since you could climb over/tunnel under the fence
It's too wet/hot/flooded
The drugs are rubbish
The ale is too expensive
It's easier to watch on the TV
I coudnt get a ticket
I'm not interested
All of the above

Etc etc

So anyone else on here going? 🤔

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

The Oficial Glastonbury 2019 thread on 22:34 - Jun 28 with 2062 viewsDarran

The Oficial Glastonbury 2019 thread on 22:32 - Jun 28 by WxmJax

Great minds...etc

Anyway, shit line up this year at Glastonbury. I've only seen 3 of them live. What say ye TGJ ?

Who’s headlining tomorrow? This is utter wánk.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Oficial Glastonbury 2019 thread on 22:55 - Jun 28 with 2029 viewsScotia

The Oficial Glastonbury 2019 thread on 22:34 - Jun 28 by Darran

Who’s headlining tomorrow? This is utter wánk.

The Killers tomorrow.

I must say Stormzy is better than either Kanye or Jay Z who've had this slot before. That's a low bar mind.

Thinking of it now, I now FA about him but I've seen much worse.
The Oficial Glastonbury 2019 thread on 23:12 - Jun 28 with 2013 viewsLuther27

The Oficial Glastonbury 2019 thread on 22:55 - Jun 28 by Scotia

The Killers tomorrow.

I must say Stormzy is better than either Kanye or Jay Z who've had this slot before. That's a low bar mind.

Really? I wish the fker had this bstd cold I've got....then again he sounds like he has ffs
The Oficial Glastonbury 2019 thread on 23:18 - Jun 28 with 2007 viewsProfessor

The Oficial Glastonbury 2019 thread on 09:51 - Jun 28 by Lohengrin

I saw Aztec Camera a few times in the 80s, Eb. An old girlfriend used to like them. Frame is a very underrated player, he always had a beautiful array of Gretsch on stage behind him.

The ‘Love’ album was a hit in The US as well as Europe. It must have set him up nicely for life.

One for you, fella’...

[Post edited 29 Jun 2019 14:45]

Very underrated. Was only a teenage when he wrote ‘High Land, Hard Rain’ and the songs like oblivious and Walk out to Winter. Always think ‘Love’ has some great songs but OTT 80s production. Does a great cover of Van Halen’s ‘ Jump’.

Just got in from seeing the excellent ‘ Apollo 11’ in IMAX. Unlike many I am quite enjoying Stormzy. An interesting guy with something to say which is not about his women, cars,
Drugs or guns
The Oficial Glastonbury 2019 thread on 23:20 - Jun 28 with 2005 viewsScotia

The Oficial Glastonbury 2019 thread on 23:12 - Jun 28 by Luther27

Really? I wish the fker had this bstd cold I've got....then again he sounds like he has ffs

You should have heard the Gorrilaz a few years ago. Damon Albans whining was worse than my dog when it's waiting at the back door to go for a dump.
The Oficial Glastonbury 2019 thread on 00:36 - Jun 29 with 1958 viewsSoberBaker

The Killers tomorrow.

He nailed it to be fair.

Dunno about this religious Shyte tho....really doesn't fit the image in my eyes but no doubt his handlers have told him to use it.

AMOW

The Oficial Glastonbury 2019 thread on 13:28 - Jun 29 with 1808 viewsWarwickHunt

The Oficial Glastonbury 2019 thread on 00:36 - Jun 29 by SoberBaker

He nailed it to be fair.

Dunno about this religious Shyte tho....really doesn't fit the image in my eyes but no doubt his handlers have told him to use it.

Looked like he was wearing a suicide vest. Silly cûnt.

*someone please tap that in*
The Oficial Glastonbury 2019 thread on 13:47 - Jun 29 with 1796 viewsbluey_the_blue

Rap is crap.
Login to get fewer ads

The Oficial Glastonbury 2019 thread on 13:54 - Jun 29 with 1792 viewsRhosJack

The Killers tomorrow.

Saw The Killers in Cardiff last night. If their headline slot tonight is as good then it'll be a brilliant show.

Great band
The Oficial Glastonbury 2019 thread on 13:58 - Jun 29 with 1789 viewsbluey_the_blue

I'm sure Stormzy was playing to the audience by calling BoJo a "bigot" but that's an interesting view coming from someone who routinely throws "fagg0t", "fag" around.
The Oficial Glastonbury 2019 thread on 14:29 - Jun 29 with 1769 viewslondonlisa2001

The Oficial Glastonbury 2019 thread on 13:58 - Jun 29 by bluey_the_blue

I'm sure Stormzy was playing to the audience by calling BoJo a "bigot" but that's an interesting view coming from someone who routinely throws "fagg0t", "fag" around.

That’s simply not true.

A couple of years ago he addressed the homophobic tweets that he’d made when he was younger, apologised profusely, said they were disgusting and offensive. Made no attempt to hide them. And said that as he’s grown up his views have changed. He stopped making those sorts of comments incidentally a long time before he became famous, so it wasn’t a ‘convenient enlightenment’.

It’s been far more recent that Boris Johnson has made homophobic remarks in the press.

Your continued attempt to personally slur everyone that disagrees with your politics, is genuinely horrific Bluey.
The Oficial Glastonbury 2019 thread on 14:38 - Jun 29 with 1759 viewsbluey_the_blue

The Oficial Glastonbury 2019 thread on 14:29 - Jun 29 by londonlisa2001

That’s simply not true.

A couple of years ago he addressed the homophobic tweets that he’d made when he was younger, apologised profusely, said they were disgusting and offensive. Made no attempt to hide them. And said that as he’s grown up his views have changed. He stopped making those sorts of comments incidentally a long time before he became famous, so it wasn’t a ‘convenient enlightenment’.

It’s been far more recent that Boris Johnson has made homophobic remarks in the press.

Your continued attempt to personally slur everyone that disagrees with your politics, is genuinely horrific Bluey.

Addressed them when called out on them, not off his own back. If they'd not become public, he'd have not have apologised whatsoever.

Don't disagree with your comments on BoJo.

I just think it's laughable Stormzy be being held up as some wonderful social commentator when he's the one who pulled out of Jezfest due to not getting 100k for a 20 minute set. Anyone getting political at a hyper capitalist event is a bit of a muppet tbh. Talk about poverty? It's a fvcking festival. People, overwhelmingly white middle class who can afford the expensive tickets rather the people Stormzy claims to represent want to be entertained and escape "real life" - that's why can't stand any musician doing politics during concerts...

Give me the old Donington Monsters of Rock event - not the Download "festival" - any day.

And breath...
[Post edited 29 Jun 2019 14:47]
The Oficial Glastonbury 2019 thread on 14:53 - Jun 29 with 1745 viewslondonlisa2001

The Oficial Glastonbury 2019 thread on 14:38 - Jun 29 by bluey_the_blue

Addressed them when called out on them, not off his own back. If they'd not become public, he'd have not have apologised whatsoever.

Don't disagree with your comments on BoJo.

I just think it's laughable Stormzy be being held up as some wonderful social commentator when he's the one who pulled out of Jezfest due to not getting 100k for a 20 minute set. Anyone getting political at a hyper capitalist event is a bit of a muppet tbh. Talk about poverty? It's a fvcking festival. People, overwhelmingly white middle class who can afford the expensive tickets rather the people Stormzy claims to represent want to be entertained and escape "real life" - that's why can't stand any musician doing politics during concerts...

Give me the old Donington Monsters of Rock event - not the Download "festival" - any day.

And breath...
[Post edited 29 Jun 2019 14:47]

Presumably he didn’t think making them public when he was a famous was great as he didn’t agree with them any longer and didn’t want to give them oxygen.

But your post said that he makes those comments now. Routinely you said.
You are obviously aware that’s not true, as you’ve just said so, so you’re making things up, and quite horrific things as well, as you are irritated by his politics.

Why are you making up accusations about people just because they’re not supporters of people like Boris Johnson? Of course he’s not going to support him. He’s a black man that’s grown up in relative poverty in South London. He’s going to hate what Boris stands for, irrespective of Boris’ racism.

I disagree with some of his politics - he’s a huge Corbyn fan. But his work in attempting to extol the virtues of education to people from his background, including his scholarships to Cambridge, are to be applauded. As is his work in other areas of social deprivation.
The Oficial Glastonbury 2019 thread on 14:59 - Jun 29 with 1739 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

What are all these vegans doing on a diary farm?

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

The Oficial Glastonbury 2019 thread on 15:14 - Jun 29 with 1721 viewsdeepdale81

Shame about snow patrol having to cancel.Because of illness.They new album.is really.good .slipped under the radar a bit.Check out the track empress.from it.
The Oficial Glastonbury 2019 thread on 15:20 - Jun 29 with 1717 viewsWarwickHunt

The Oficial Glastonbury 2019 thread on 14:59 - Jun 29 by JACKMANANDBOY

What are all these vegans doing on a diary farm?

Probably on dates.
The Oficial Glastonbury 2019 thread on 15:25 - Jun 29 with 1710 viewsLohengrin

The Oficial Glastonbury 2019 thread on 14:53 - Jun 29 by londonlisa2001

Presumably he didn’t think making them public when he was a famous was great as he didn’t agree with them any longer and didn’t want to give them oxygen.

But your post said that he makes those comments now. Routinely you said.
You are obviously aware that’s not true, as you’ve just said so, so you’re making things up, and quite horrific things as well, as you are irritated by his politics.

Why are you making up accusations about people just because they’re not supporters of people like Boris Johnson? Of course he’s not going to support him. He’s a black man that’s grown up in relative poverty in South London. He’s going to hate what Boris stands for, irrespective of Boris’ racism.

I disagree with some of his politics - he’s a huge Corbyn fan. But his work in attempting to extol the virtues of education to people from his background, including his scholarships to Cambridge, are to be applauded. As is his work in other areas of social deprivation.

He’s come a long way, Lis. Here he is at his old gig interviewing for BBC Croydon before he got his big break on Jools Holland...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The Oficial Glastonbury 2019 thread on 16:12 - Jun 29 with 1669 viewsGlyn1

The Oficial Glastonbury 2019 thread on 12:17 - Jun 25 by 1983

Keep all the pretentious garbage and go to smaller festivals like this one we've a couple of years now and its great about 800-1000 people and all small local bands giving 100% by the end of the weekend you've met everyone

How can it be Glasto when it isn't flooded?

Am in London trying to wind up all the US baseball fans - difficult as they're all so effing polite. Calling it rounders hasn't worked. Suggestions appreciated.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Oficial Glastonbury 2019 thread on 19:14 - Jun 29 with 1589 viewshowenjack

stormzy
The Oficial Glastonbury 2019 thread on 20:19 - Jun 29 with 1551 viewsBrynCartwright

Neneh Cherry currently playing on BBC4 from the West Holts stage. She is still tremendous. her new song Shotgun Shack is great. Manchild was the tune I used to listen to (loud) on the old Sony before venturing forth on a Friday and Saturday night in Aber Uni days in '89,'90. My getting ready for anything song. She is brilliant.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

The Oficial Glastonbury 2019 thread on 20:34 - Jun 29 with 1540 viewsFergal

Janet on now. Holy crap. Absolute car crash.
The Oficial Glastonbury 2019 thread on 20:49 - Jun 29 with 1524 viewsMrSwerve

The Oficial Glastonbury 2019 thread on 20:34 - Jun 29 by Fergal

Janet on now. Holy crap. Absolute car crash.

Can barely hear her. Probably for the best.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The Oficial Glastonbury 2019 thread on 20:58 - Jun 29 with 1511 viewsFergal

She's in danger of discrediting the good family name.
The Oficial Glastonbury 2019 thread on 21:04 - Jun 29 with 1508 viewscentrestandswan

Johnny Echols The Fleece Thursday need I say "more again".

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

The Oficial Glastonbury 2019 thread on 21:05 - Jun 29 with 1506 viewsbluey_the_blue

Cricket : Australia - NZ ( now ended )
World Cup of Pool
MLS Minnesota vs FC Cincinnati.

All far more interesting.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024