Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chairman statment 12:22 - Aug 2 with 8287 viewsGeoffThom

Does not fill me with happiness, whilst I understand the need to balance the books
He is more or less saying after these two big sales were still in the doo do
These feckin yanks have really had some bugger over financially. they seem to have no respect for people who support the club
Take us to the next level must go down in history as a feckin joke
Yet dc have money I wonder were that comes from
Good luck oil
Chairman statment on 14:12 - Aug 2 with 1353 viewsswan65split

Chairman statment on 13:38 - Aug 2 by jasper_T

You think we'll be relegated?

if we are you may add the Swans to the list of Bury and Bolton.
Chairman statment on 14:20 - Aug 2 with 1321 viewsjasper_T

Chairman statment on 13:57 - Aug 2 by Brynmill_Jack

We should have made the playoffs last season. That was with raw kids and a tinkering manager.
Relegation? I would class the chances as being 100/1 against barring we keep the squad we have now.

We're unbeaten at home since the turn of the year, one of the best possession teams in the division (think Leeds pipped us in the end), and even without McBurnie have retained a higher percentage of player-minutes from last season than most.

A reliable 20+ goal a season striker is a miss but Derby, Leeds, Boro, Bristol and Forest didn't have one (all finished above us) and we left a lot of points on the table (or off the table) due to the worst set piece defending record in the division, which Cooper and Margetson have vowed to fix.

Borja, Peterson and Wilmot are good players. Bidwell looks serviceable in what was a problem position. Grimes is still here, van der Hoorn and Rodon, Celina, Byers, Dyer and Routledge. Maybe Cooper turns out to be a clueless disaster of an appointment but we've played good stuff in preseason.

10 points off the playoffs, 25 above relegation last season. I know which one I think is more likely.
Chairman statment on 14:34 - Aug 2 with 1278 viewsblackpooljack

Fuk me half the posters on here need to be on suicide watch a team has just paid us 20 mill for a player who was nowhere near prem standard 18 months ago. I for one believe the new team in place will find a suitable replacement at a fraction of the price ( obviously ) in their past Bolton and Bury were much bigger clubs than us and due to financial mismanagement are upto their necks. Just be grateful you've somewhere to go on Saturday afternoon.
Chairman statment on 14:43 - Aug 2 with 1233 viewsItchySphincter

Chairman statment on 12:26 - Aug 2 by Captain_Sham

Rather than someones interpretation of what he said, heres what he actually said.

"I can fully appreciate and understand that supporters will be disappointed to see Oli leave the football club. I can assure you, I’m just as disappointed. He’s a great player and a large character who will be sorely missed.

"We did not want to lose him and had turned down three previous bids from Sheffield United over the last few weeks, but their fourth and final bid was at a level that we had to seriously consider.

“I had mentioned in my communications to our supporters previously that we would only sell if an offer came in that I felt we couldn’t ignore.

“I believe the offer for Oli was at that level and we wouldn’t be putting the future of the club and its supporters first if we turned it down, because I have to think about the long-term stability and sustainability of the club.

Head coach Steve Cooper speaks with chairman Trevor Birch.

“As I’ve discussed previously, we still have a substantial financial deficit to overcome following relegation. The transfer of Dan James to Manchester United gave us breathing space, as did Jordan Ayew’s move to Crystal Palace from a wage perspective, but we still have some way to go to get this club back on a sound financial footing.

“You only have to look around at clubs like Bolton Wanderers and Bury to see how easy it is to get into financial difficulties and how important it is to run a club on a responsible financial basis. I dread to think what their supporters are feeling at the moment. These clubs could literally go out of business.

“That’s why the offer for Oli had to be accepted. We couldn’t afford to take the financial gamble. As I said earlier, I know how disappointed our fans will be, but I can only stress that during our rebuilding process we have to suffer some short-term pain for long-term gain.

Oli McBurnie

“I’m optimistic about the future as we have made some great appointments behind the scenes which I hope will pay long-term dividends in terms of our performance and future recruitment. This football club is too important to the community and our supporters for us to take the wrong decisions at this stage and gamble with its future.

“That is the honest position we are in because we have to work within our current financial framework.

“We’ve still got the nucleus of a really strong team with huge potential. I can only stress that we will do our utmost to bring in replacements that will further strengthen us and enable us to mount a challenge in the Championship this season — and give you a team and a club to be proud of for many years to come.’’
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 12:28]

Great communicator mind. If only he hadn't forgotten to put in the bit where he says he sold Andre Ayew and offloaded his crippling wages, therfore there's no need to sell our most promising young players. Oh, hang on......

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Chairman statment on 14:44 - Aug 2 with 1226 viewsItchySphincter

Chairman statment on 13:04 - Aug 2 by perplex

We are being fleeced and Birch is in on it, that's why the Yanks appointed him, this debt will go on and on and on and even in two years time when many of our top players will have been sold our gullible fan base will still be led down the garden path believing the hedge funders spin talk.

Careful, Alan will start down voting you soon.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Chairman statment on 14:47 - Aug 2 with 1222 viewsGaz_M

Chairman statment on 14:43 - Aug 2 by ItchySphincter

Great communicator mind. If only he hadn't forgotten to put in the bit where he says he sold Andre Ayew and offloaded his crippling wages, therfore there's no need to sell our most promising young players. Oh, hang on......

Are you okay? You're putting a lot of time and effort into your dreadfully poor trolling today. Have you nothing better to do than spout utter drivel?
Chairman statment on 14:50 - Aug 2 with 1209 viewsLeonWasGod

I wish I could jump forward 12 months and see the accounts from last season. It's easy to hide behind the impact of relegation, but we don't actually know what the situation is now. Our costs have been cut a lot, a huge amount with so many PL earners off the books compared to 15 months ago. Parachute payments are still significant. How big is this gap between expects revenue and current cost commitments? (rhetorical question, unless anyone actually knows).
Chairman statment on 14:51 - Aug 2 with 1200 viewsperplex

To the dopey ones, on here who want evidence provided about us being fleeced well basically if the Yanks were not able to take money for profit they would not have bought the club in the first place.there hedge funders they take money mun.hope that helps sorry I can not show you the books but there you go
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 14:57]
Login to get fewer ads

Chairman statment on 14:57 - Aug 2 with 1175 viewsGaz_M

Chairman statment on 14:51 - Aug 2 by perplex

To the dopey ones, on here who want evidence provided about us being fleeced well basically if the Yanks were not able to take money for profit they would not have bought the club in the first place.there hedge funders they take money mun.hope that helps sorry I can not show you the books but there you go

You don't have much of a grasp on how club ownership works do you butty.
Chairman statment on 14:58 - Aug 2 with 1173 viewsandypitt56

Chairman statment on 14:51 - Aug 2 by perplex

But we haven't made any profit...... so they cant take anything.
Chairman statment on 14:59 - Aug 2 with 1167 viewsmonmouth

Chairman statment on 14:50 - Aug 2 by LeonWasGod

I wish I could jump forward 12 months and see the accounts from last season. It's easy to hide behind the impact of relegation, but we don't actually know what the situation is now. Our costs have been cut a lot, a huge amount with so many PL earners off the books compared to 15 months ago. Parachute payments are still significant. How big is this gap between expects revenue and current cost commitments? (rhetorical question, unless anyone actually knows).

Birch is talking about future sustainability. I read it all as a consistent refrain. Yes we could have survived now without selling McBurnie but Ayew has a 4 year contract and Montero and Carroll (plus Baston, who at least we can use) are still anchoring us down. So that’s where itchy is correct. He needs to offload them before he earns his bonus. But we would have sold McBurnie for 20m anyway. One bad few months and that value isn’t simply reduced, it’s destroyed. I’ll say again, I don’t trust the f*ckers an inch, but they still haven’t made any moves that I can’t see a rock solid argument for, and I would have done the same.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2019 15:12]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Chairman statment on 14:59 - Aug 2 with 1159 viewsperplex

Chairman statment on 13:53 - Aug 2 by A_Fans_Dad

How?
Please explain the how and where the money actually leaves the club and goes to the Yanks?
When you do perhaps we can notify the FA to see if what they are doing is legal or not.

Hedge funders hope that helps.🤫
Chairman statment on 15:00 - Aug 2 with 1148 viewsswancity

Every cloud has a silver lining

All of this will strengthen the Trust case against Jenkins Dineen Morgan etc as it’s quite clearly showing that the current owners aren’t in a position to progress the club and it’s seriously doubtful that it was ever their prime objective and motive anyway

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Chairman statment on 15:03 - Aug 2 with 1126 viewsmagicdaps10

Chairman statment on 15:00 - Aug 2 by swancity

All of this will strengthen the Trust case against Jenkins Dineen Morgan etc as it’s quite clearly showing that the current owners aren’t in a position to progress the club and it’s seriously doubtful that it was ever their prime objective and motive anyway

100% this.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Chairman statment on 15:03 - Aug 2 with 1135 viewsmonmouth

Chairman statment on 15:00 - Aug 2 by swancity

That won’t matter, The legal case will purely be on whether what they did at the time of the sale was legal or whether the minority was unfairly treated. The consequential loss is clear, but it all stems from the legality of the sale.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Chairman statment on 15:03 - Aug 2 with 1134 viewsGaz_M

Chairman statment on 14:59 - Aug 2 by perplex

Hedge funders hope that helps.🤫

Clown.
Chairman statment on 15:05 - Aug 2 with 1121 viewsperplex

Chairman statment on 14:58 - Aug 2 by andypitt56

But we haven't made any profit...... so they cant take anything.

Have you gone through life being easily led.
Chairman statment on 15:08 - Aug 2 with 1109 viewsperplex

Chairman statment on 14:57 - Aug 2 by Gaz_M

You don't have much of a grasp on how club ownership works do you butty.

Go on then enlighten me.😏
Chairman statment on 15:08 - Aug 2 with 1109 viewsDr_Winston

Chairman statment on 14:59 - Aug 2 by monmouth

Birch is talking about future sustainability. I read it all as a consistent refrain. Yes we could have survived now without selling McBurnie but Ayew has a 4 year contract and Montero and Carroll (plus Baston, who at least we can use) are still anchoring us down. So that’s where itchy is correct. He needs to offload them before he earns his bonus. But we would have sold McBurnie for 20m anyway. One bad few months and that value isn’t simply reduced, it’s destroyed. I’ll say again, I don’t trust the f*ckers an inch, but they still haven’t made any moves that I can’t see a rock solid argument for, and I would have done the same.

This.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Chairman statment on 15:11 - Aug 2 with 1092 viewsJacket

Chairman statment on 14:08 - Aug 2 by swan65split

You dont??

So you reckon we're 100% going down. I'll bet you anything we won't.
Chairman statment on 15:12 - Aug 2 with 1091 viewsperplex

Chairman statment on 15:03 - Aug 2 by Gaz_M

Clown.

But your the one who believes everything he,s told so if I,m a clown you must be an idiot gullible tw_t
Chairman statment on 15:16 - Aug 2 with 1057 viewsOldjack

Chairman statment on 14:59 - Aug 2 by monmouth

they really haven't made any moves on the strengthen of the playing staff ,plenty of weakening though, fair do's ,if it carries on our future is downwards , All we keep on hearing is them pleading poverty ,more bullshyte !

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Chairman statment on 15:24 - Aug 2 with 1025 viewsGaz_M

Chairman statment on 15:12 - Aug 2 by perplex

But your the one who believes everything he,s told so if I,m a clown you must be an idiot gullible tw_t

No I'm not. Clown.
Chairman statment on 15:25 - Aug 2 with 1022 viewsBluebird

Chairman statment on 15:11 - Aug 2 by Jacket

So you reckon we're 100% going down. I'll bet you anything we won't.

Can’t believe some of you predict relegation.
This birch fella was brought in by the yanks to get them as much coin as he can for them whilst wording his comments in a way that he will keep the fans believing he’s there to help the club.
Huw cared about the club more than birch ever will
Chairman statment on 15:33 - Aug 2 with 997 viewsvetchonian

To be honest I will br glad when the football actually starts and we can focus on that,we all have our opinions on what is going on...the problem is due to the way the sellouts handled the sale..the new majority shareholders have been tarred and feathered.....we fans need to realise they do not have the attachment to the club and view it purely as a business....the only way they will recover their "investment" is selling us on......we are not a Man U with a massive income stream ...we made money and remained "solvent" as our mantra since recovering the club from Petty was to spend withihn our means..
We got a great start wiht some good player accquisiton through FLynn and Kevin Reeves,then Jackett and then Bobby and his team brought us our grat football again with Kevin reeves scouting the right players at "bargain " prices.

Once we got to the PL that model was no longer sustainable and despite talk to the contrary our new majority shareholders did and have spent significant sums since they acquired us. Alot of money was thrown unsuccessfully at trying to retain our PL status...with HJ guiding player recruitment...we all know how that turned out. The figures on the clubs "loss and profit" from transfer dealings is document elswhere on this board.The spend on player recruitment has reduced since we were relegated ...guess what we fell out of the PL with a huge cost burden and the loss of revenue streams. The parachute payments dont account for the total of that shortfall.
YEs we have sold players and cancelled contracts so we have reduced some of the burden but there is still a long way to go and I whilst I am not estatic by our current ownership model I am also not convinced as so many in here on preaching that we are being fleeced.....in fact I think quite the opposite is occuring...these "astute" businessmen who are our majority shareholders are attempting to put us back on an even fimamcial keel after the previous so called fan owners fleeced us and overspent to retain the PL status ensuring a sale and future bonuses?

Ayew, Baston Carrol Montero still here with significant basic salaries,,,Baston now playing aa Oli was sold... we need to look beyond this season as has been said these individuals still have several years left on their contracts.....we will need to honour those whilst all around us income falls away. Many on here have stated they will not spend in the stadium not to put money into the "yanks" pockets....even more deppening of whatever the "black hole " is....less attendees so less revenue fom ticket slaes though these at best would only account for c £10M ?The parachute payments end soon....take a look on the internet of th reports of the losses Championship clubs are making...amongst those are clubs bigger than us with "owners" who have cash and seem more philanthropic!
Recently I have begun to wonder that those who own us wanted the NDA from Stu Mac should he see the books in case they were worried that he told the truth about how bad thinga are and all of sudden creditors start closing in on us, banks wont be so helpful etc,and other clubs then know they can make silly offers for players!

I still doubt there are any finacial shannanigins going on....but I dsont have all the facts but we certainly arent paying Rooney s wages for DC United....its simple maths.

We all belive what we want to believe..

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024