Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rob Howley Sent Home! 15:50 - Sep 17 with 6375 viewsjackharris

Betting Scandal allegedly?

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 17:45 - Sep 18 with 1236 viewsraynor94

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 16:47 - Sep 18 by jack247

Is that for sure and reasonably well known then? I find it strange that he’d still be in position had it been an open secret within the WRU

I agree

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 17:56 - Sep 18 with 1216 viewsthornabyswan

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 17:45 - Sep 18 by raynor94

I agree

Believe what you want I wouldn't make it up.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 18:03 - Sep 18 with 1201 viewsWarwickHunt

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 17:08 - Sep 18 by Jango

Not sure where the info came from but one of the lads in work seems to think he lumped a lot of money a few months back on Rhys Webb not making the final World Cup squad. Maybe that’s why the bookies are only now coming forward.

Yep -that’ll be it...
Rob Howley Sent Home! on 19:19 - Sep 18 with 1136 viewsdickythorpe

I've heard he was lumping on first try scorer/ first method of points scored and then coaching the team on how to play early on????!!!!

Anyway, whatever the rumours I find it staggering he's the ONLY one involved.

By all accounts gambling is rife in the Welsh camp.

Only the gog Robin McBryde doesn't bet and he now lives in Tumble , so that makes him tighter than a nun's gooch.
Rob Howley Sent Home! on 19:42 - Sep 18 with 1106 viewsNeath_Jack

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 16:47 - Sep 18 by jack247

Is that for sure and reasonably well known then? I find it strange that he’d still be in position had it been an open secret within the WRU

You can't sack someone for just for having a gambling addiction surely? I mean they would have to abuse their position for that to happen (as it appears he has done now).

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 20:04 - Sep 18 with 1070 viewsladyjack

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 08:01 - Sep 18 by Sirjohnalot

Can’t see him being stupid enough to bet on a rival surely ? Even betting on Wales would be enough to fall foul of the regs but, I’d have sympathy if that’s what he done. (Doubt it if it is that)

Either would be breaking the rules, I really hope that the accusation was not a lay bet on Wales.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2019 20:07]
Rob Howley Sent Home! on 20:17 - Sep 18 with 1027 viewsswan85

If he has bet £6k on England if I can clarify for those people not familiar with betting what this means. It means if he has placed a bet of £6k at 4/1 it means he has lost £6k.
Rob Howley Sent Home! on 20:18 - Sep 18 with 1022 viewsladyjack

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 20:17 - Sep 18 by swan85

If he has bet £6k on England if I can clarify for those people not familiar with betting what this means. It means if he has placed a bet of £6k at 4/1 it means he has lost £6k.

Login to get fewer ads

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 20:29 - Sep 18 with 993 viewsjack247

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 19:42 - Sep 18 by Neath_Jack

You can't sack someone for just for having a gambling addiction surely? I mean they would have to abuse their position for that to happen (as it appears he has done now).

I don’t know the legalities, you’re probably right, though people with addictions normally get taken out of the spotlight while they get help.

If, as Thornaby says, this has been an open secret for years, how did he get on the Lions tour? He was even in talks with Munster not long back
Rob Howley Sent Home! on 20:50 - Sep 18 with 960 viewsthornabyswan

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 19:19 - Sep 18 by dickythorpe

I've heard he was lumping on first try scorer/ first method of points scored and then coaching the team on how to play early on????!!!!

Only the gog Robin McBryde doesn't bet and he now lives in Tumble , so that makes him tighter than a nun's gooch.

Lee Byrne said that in his autobiography.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 20:57 - Sep 18 with 938 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Best thing that could have happened to Wales. Expect more imaginative back play from the Jones boy .

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 20:58 - Sep 18 with 932 viewsPozuelosSideys

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 19:19 - Sep 18 by dickythorpe

If what he has done is something along those lines, id much rather he have lumped his life savings on England to win the WC.

What youve suggested is match fixing and a very different proposition to chucking a couple of grand on a different team to win a tournament. If it is the fixing, then the whole thing runs very deep. A lot of players will be involved and it has a real messy potential outcome for a whole load of teams and countries as there has to buy - in from a number of indviduals like the cricket match fixing had.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 21:06 - Sep 18 with 910 viewsladyjack

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 19:42 - Sep 18 by Neath_Jack

You are on very dicey ground if you are a pro sports person and bet on your sport and im sure you would lose your job in many circumstances
Didn't a full English football international go to jail for betting against his club team ?
Rob Howley Sent Home! on 21:08 - Sep 18 with 898 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 20:58 - Sep 18 by PozuelosSideys

If what he has done is something along those lines, id much rather he have lumped his life savings on England to win the WC.

What youve suggested is match fixing and a very different proposition to chucking a couple of grand on a different team to win a tournament. If it is the fixing, then the whole thing runs very deep. A lot of players will be involved and it has a real messy potential outcome for a whole load of teams and countries as there has to buy - in from a number of indviduals like the cricket match fixing had.

I have been told it’s nothing remotely like that. Just one man’s stupidity.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 21:12 - Sep 18 with 885 viewsPozuelosSideys

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 21:08 - Sep 18 by Joe_bradshaw

I have been told it’s nothing remotely like that. Just one man’s stupidity.

Good. Hope it's on horses or netball or somethng completely unrelated to his job

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 21:19 - Sep 18 with 872 viewsmonmouth

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 21:12 - Sep 18 by PozuelosSideys

Good. Hope it's on horses or netball or somethng completely unrelated to his job

? It's obviously on rugby in some form. he'snot prohibited from a punt on the horses.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 21:26 - Sep 18 with 854 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 21:12 - Sep 18 by PozuelosSideys

It does have a rugby element which is why he’s come home.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 21:35 - Sep 18 with 842 viewsNeath_Jack

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 21:06 - Sep 18 by ladyjack

You are on very dicey ground if you are a pro sports person and bet on your sport and im sure you would lose your job in many circumstances
Didn't a full English football international go to jail for betting against his club team ?

What? Of course you'd lose your job if you break the sports betting rules. But up until this point, as far as we know, he hadn't broken the rules.

Just because he has a gambling addiction, it doesn't mean you can't employ him in a sporting arena. There's plenty of other sports he could bet on.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 21:49 - Sep 18 with 820 viewsladyjack

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 21:35 - Sep 18 by Neath_Jack

What? Of course you'd lose your job if you break the sports betting rules. But up until this point, as far as we know, he hadn't broken the rules.

Just because he has a gambling addiction, it doesn't mean you can't employ him in a sporting arena. There's plenty of other sports he could bet on.

You said ''You can't sack someone for just for having a gambling addiction surely?'', well if that addiction extends to betting on your sport, there would be a good chance you would lose your job.
Rob Howley Sent Home! on 21:50 - Sep 18 with 815 viewsNeath_Jack

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 21:49 - Sep 18 by ladyjack

You said ''You can't sack someone for just for having a gambling addiction surely?'', well if that addiction extends to betting on your sport, there would be a good chance you would lose your job.

Try reading it all champ...

"You can't sack someone for just for having a gambling addiction surely? I mean they would have to abuse their position for that to happen (as it appears he has done now)".

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 21:55 - Sep 18 with 807 viewsladyjack

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 21:50 - Sep 18 by Neath_Jack

Try reading it all champ...

"You can't sack someone for just for having a gambling addiction surely? I mean they would have to abuse their position for that to happen (as it appears he has done now)".

You asked a question [you used a ? mark] and you got an answer.
Rob Howley Sent Home! on 21:59 - Sep 18 with 803 viewsTNT

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 17:42 - Sep 18 by Highjack

You can get better odds for him landing in Bristol.

at 25 to 1?

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 22:01 - Sep 18 with 797 viewsNeath_Jack

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 21:55 - Sep 18 by ladyjack

You asked a question [you used a ? mark] and you got an answer.

You're hard f*cking work aye.

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 22:07 - Sep 18 with 773 viewsladyjack

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 22:01 - Sep 18 by Neath_Jack

You're hard f*cking work aye.

An old Glynneath boy will always out do somebody with a Neath username.
Rob Howley Sent Home! on 08:20 - Sep 19 with 650 viewsJango

He was betting on what the first score would be in the Wales games. Forward/backs penalty/try.

Then coming up with the moves to match.

Apparently bet 6k on England to win and laundering money through his cafe too.

He bet on Rhys Webb not going to World Cup apparently.

Supposedly there has been a massive internal investigation because Julie Paterson who is the teams Pa type thing hasn’t been available due to the investigation, Martin Phillips then flew out this week to dig deeper.

😱😱

This is the what’s app doing the rounds sent by a current pro.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2019 8:28]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024