Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread 01:10 - Oct 14 with 24928 viewsjackharris

Sam Surridge and Tom Carroll make their first Championship
starts of the season for Swansea City at Barnsley. Striker Surridge —
fresh from scoring for England Under-21s over the international break
— is preferred to Borja Bastos in attack. Carroll, meanwhile, makes
his first league start in a year as he gets the nod in midfield as Jay Fulton
misses out on a place in the matchday squad.

Connor Roberts drops to the bench as Kyle Naughton moves to
right-back and Jake Bidwell comes back into the side at left-back,
while George Byers comes in for Yan Dhanda. Freddie Woodman
continues in goal with Naughton and Bidwell on the flanks of a
defence helmed by Mike van der Hoorn and Joe Rodon.
Carroll partners captain Matt Grimes in midfield, with Andre Ayew
and Bersant Celina playing either side of Byers. Surridge leads the line,
while Kristoffer Nordfeldt is among the substitutes following illness.

Barnsley: Brad Collins, Kenny Dougall, Jacob Brown, Cameron McGeehan,
Cauley Woodrow, Conor Chaplin, Dimitri Cavare, Toby Sibbick, Aapo Halme,
Alex Mowatt (captain), Bambo Diaby.

Substitutes: Jack Walton, Mads Andersen, Ben Williams, Mike Bahre,
Luke Thomas, Clarke Odour, Elliot Simoes.

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Mike van der Hoorn,
Joe Rodon, Jake Bidwell; Matt Grimes (captain), Tom Carroll;
Andre Ayew, George Byers, Bersant Celina; Sam Surridge.

Substitutes: Kristoffer Nordfeldt, Ben Wilmot, Connor Roberts,
Wayne Routledge, Kristoffer Peterson, Jordon Garrick, Borja Baston.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2019 14:06]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 16:05 - Oct 19 with 2276 viewsmonmouth

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 16:03 - Oct 19 by jackrabbit

How is Woodman allowed to wear that black and blue shirt? Not easily discernible from the team’s away kit. If it wasn’t for his gloves it’d be hard to see who the hell is the goalkeeper!
Anyway, why didn’t Swans just wear black shorts with their normal white shirts? Why wear that horrible away strip? Questions, questions.

By the way, those are rhetorical questions - I know the answer - MONEY! That away strip is actually purchased by certain fans. Each to his own.

I agree with white and black but tbh I think that’s the least of our problems today.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 16:05 - Oct 19 with 2276 viewskeith_gatebroth

Embarassing first half performance, we are clueless. Barnsley should be two or three up.
We cant tackle won’t tackle, muscled off the ball. Barnsley running straight through us, all we can do is pass it back.
Nothing to cheer about here at a cold and half empty stadium.
The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 16:07 - Oct 19 with 2226 viewsexiledclaseboy

I see my fellow swans fans are at their happiest today.

Poll: Tory leader

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 16:10 - Oct 19 with 2090 viewsthornabyswan

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 16:07 - Oct 19 by exiledclaseboy

As it stands a win would take us top

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 16:12 - Oct 19 with 2038 viewslonglostjack

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 15:57 - Oct 19 by monmouth

Christ why have 5 touches when you can have six. Cooper needs to rethink this strategy now. Lack of pace and width is destroying us,as is Celina on the wing and Byers in his frigging position.

I actually think we’ll nick this now, and I’d be chuffed, but there are structural problems here that will damage the season badly. We simply have to try something like Wilmott in the midfield in front of the defence at some stage, and Celina at 10.

Was just about to type the same.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 16:13 - Oct 19 with 2002 viewsNotLoyal

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 16:07 - Oct 19 by exiledclaseboy

It's a hard watch.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 16:16 - Oct 19 with 1897 viewsairedale

Common tater just said Swansea ripped apart by a throw in.....
The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 16:16 - Oct 19 with 1884 viewstheloneranger

How the fvck is it still 0-0 ??

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 16:18 - Oct 19 with 1790 viewskarnataka

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 16:16 - Oct 19 by theloneranger

How the fvck is it still 0-0 ??

Because Barnsley are crap in front of goal which is why they are in the bottom 3
The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 16:18 - Oct 19 with 1782 viewsSwanjaxs

Making Barnsley look like Barca ffs

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 16:18 - Oct 19 with 1785 viewstheloneranger

Is Cooper sleeping on his fvcking bench??

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 16:18 - Oct 19 with 1783 viewsblackpooljack

Rodon still thinks he's playing for Wales...passing to anyone in a red shirt
The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 16:19 - Oct 19 with 1729 viewsmonmouth

Well Barnsley are much better than us. We couldn’t complain at 4-1 really.

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 16:20 - Oct 19 with 1691 viewskarnataka

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 16:18 - Oct 19 by Swanjaxs

Making Barnsley look like Barca ffs

Nah, I think we're making them look what we made Reading & Stoke look.
The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 16:20 - Oct 19 with 1680 viewsSwanjaxs

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 16:18 - Oct 19 by theloneranger

Is Cooper sleeping on his fvcking bench??

Another Monk...
Will wait till we go behind before making a change

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 16:20 - Oct 19 with 1668 viewsOldjack

Our midfield is totally disorganized ,the warnings were there against Reading and Stoke now Barnsley ! ffs Cooper I did have faith in you but that's diminishing by each passing game .Sort it out you minge ! CELINA is not a winger!

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 16:21 - Oct 19 with 1649 viewsNotLoyal

This is awful.

So weak.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2019 16:24]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 16:22 - Oct 19 with 1562 viewsSwanjaxs

The suns come out ☀️

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 16:23 - Oct 19 with 1533 viewsJohnw102

To many powder-puff players no bite

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 16:23 - Oct 19 with 1519 viewsSwanjaxs

Surridge weak as piss

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 16:23 - Oct 19 with 1506 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 16:20 - Oct 19 by Oldjack

Our midfield is totally disorganized ,the warnings were there against Reading and Stoke now Barnsley ! ffs Cooper I did have faith in you but that's diminishing by each passing game .Sort it out you minge ! CELINA is not a winger!

They were there long before that. We have been creating so few chances all season. We only achieved many of our prior wins due to the opposition missing so many chances and we would score one of our few opportunities.

Jasper and others were ridiculed for bringing it up. Stoke, Reading and Barnsley are amongst the worst teams in this division. Each have outplayed us comprehensively.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 16:24 - Oct 19 with 1489 viewsLandore_Jack

Get Borja and Routledge on ffs.

#backtojack

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 16:25 - Oct 19 with 1422 viewsDJack

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 16:24 - Oct 19 by Landore_Jack

Get Borja and Routledge on ffs.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 16:26 - Oct 19 with 1319 viewstheloneranger

Pity Borja didn't come on 2 mins earlier.

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 16:27 - Oct 19 with 1282 viewsmonmouth

Got to score that.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024