Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread 01:10 - Oct 14 with 24932 viewsjackharris

Sam Surridge and Tom Carroll make their first Championship
starts of the season for Swansea City at Barnsley. Striker Surridge —
fresh from scoring for England Under-21s over the international break
— is preferred to Borja Bastos in attack. Carroll, meanwhile, makes
his first league start in a year as he gets the nod in midfield as Jay Fulton
misses out on a place in the matchday squad.

Connor Roberts drops to the bench as Kyle Naughton moves to
right-back and Jake Bidwell comes back into the side at left-back,
while George Byers comes in for Yan Dhanda. Freddie Woodman
continues in goal with Naughton and Bidwell on the flanks of a
defence helmed by Mike van der Hoorn and Joe Rodon.
Carroll partners captain Matt Grimes in midfield, with Andre Ayew
and Bersant Celina playing either side of Byers. Surridge leads the line,
while Kristoffer Nordfeldt is among the substitutes following illness.

Barnsley: Brad Collins, Kenny Dougall, Jacob Brown, Cameron McGeehan,
Cauley Woodrow, Conor Chaplin, Dimitri Cavare, Toby Sibbick, Aapo Halme,
Alex Mowatt (captain), Bambo Diaby.

Substitutes: Jack Walton, Mads Andersen, Ben Williams, Mike Bahre,
Luke Thomas, Clarke Odour, Elliot Simoes.

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Mike van der Hoorn,
Joe Rodon, Jake Bidwell; Matt Grimes (captain), Tom Carroll;
Andre Ayew, George Byers, Bersant Celina; Sam Surridge.

Substitutes: Kristoffer Nordfeldt, Ben Wilmot, Connor Roberts,
Wayne Routledge, Kristoffer Peterson, Jordon Garrick, Borja Baston.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2019 14:06]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 15:39 - Oct 19 with 2037 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Coming back into it by the sounds of it

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 15:40 - Oct 19 with 2029 viewsJonTheJack

Midfield is totally non existent. The weakest three in the middle I’ve seen for quite some time.
The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 15:41 - Oct 19 with 1985 viewstheloneranger

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 15:35 - Oct 19 by phact0rri

well this is an entertaining encounter.

Especially if you're a Barnsley supporter. All Surridge has done is sit on his arse and fvcking complain to the ref.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 15:41 - Oct 19 with 1985 viewsJohnw102

Get SS off asap lightweight!

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 15:41 - Oct 19 with 1977 viewsmonmouth

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 15:36 - Oct 19 by Jack_Meoff

Ha, I hope you're feeling sufficiently guilty for your post on the Brexit thread...

Football can heal the Brexit divide.

They are pissing on us though.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 15:42 - Oct 19 with 1934 viewsmonmouth

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 15:39 - Oct 19 by Brynmill_Jack

Not by the look of it Bryn. We look utter crap.

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 15:44 - Oct 19 with 1887 viewsDippy

2nd best so far

Poll: Cooper Out

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 15:44 - Oct 19 with 1888 viewsflashj

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 15:03 - Oct 19 by epaul

http://www.hesgoal.com/news/54281/Barnsley_vs_Swansea_City.html

Fine for me, cheers!
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 15:45 - Oct 19 with 1849 viewsswan65split

They want it more than us.
The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 15:47 - Oct 19 with 1804 viewskarnataka

According to BBC sport. we've had 56% possession!! Doesn't look like that to me.
The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 15:48 - Oct 19 with 1776 viewskarnataka

Hope we can get to half time at 0-0 and reboot.
The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 15:50 - Oct 19 with 1729 viewsJonTheJack

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 15:39 - Oct 19 by Brynmill_Jack

Nowhere near in it. The same problems we’ve seen manifest are still apparent. No width and no aggression in the middle of the park.
The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 15:51 - Oct 19 with 1677 viewsNotLoyal

Still very weak on the ball, not sure what Surridge thinks the plan is.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2019 15:51]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 15:52 - Oct 19 with 1589 viewsCaptain_Sham

Caroll is not the answer. Hes fking shyt.(Im not usually one for slagging off our players but he is garbage)

Its just a ride.

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 15:53 - Oct 19 with 1560 viewsJack_Meoff

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 15:41 - Oct 19 by monmouth

Football can heal the Brexit divide.

They are pissing on us though.

Yeah, distinct lack of quality and presence on display. Fortunate to go in goalless. Surely we can't be that bad 2nd half. Shirley...

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 15:54 - Oct 19 with 1518 viewstheloneranger

Thank fvck we got to half time at 0-0.

P1ss poor in all departments from 2-11.

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 15:56 - Oct 19 with 1476 viewsthornabyswan

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 15:50 - Oct 19 by JonTheJack

Nowhere near in it. The same problems we’ve seen manifest are still apparent. No width and no aggression in the middle of the park.

That was a shocking first half.

Should be 3 down Surridge has been an embarrassment.

The midfield has been dire sort it out Cooper
[Post edited 19 Oct 2019 15:57]

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 15:56 - Oct 19 with 1479 viewstheloneranger

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 15:51 - Oct 19 by NotLoyal

Sit on his arse and fvcking complain to the ref for 45 mins.

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 15:56 - Oct 19 with 1473 viewsAnotherJohn

Missed the beginning, but what I've seen is not encouraging. Barnsley look a poor side. Unfortunately we are offering very little going forward, and may well concede when they pump high balls into our box. There again appear to be a few Swans players who have not turned up.
The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 15:57 - Oct 19 with 1467 viewsmonmouth

Christ why have 5 touches when you can have six. Cooper needs to rethink this strategy now. Lack of pace and width is destroying us,as is Celina on the wing and Byers in his frigging position.

I actually think we’ll nick this now, and I’d be chuffed, but there are structural problems here that will damage the season badly. We simply have to try something like Wilmott in the midfield in front of the defence at some stage, and Celina at 10.

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 15:57 - Oct 19 with 1463 viewsblackpooljack

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 15:51 - Oct 19 by NotLoyal

Christ i thought it couldnt get any worse than Stoke looks like I was wrong. It seems like Birch has just walked out into the street grabbed hold of 11 randoms and said get out there and have a kick around. I say Birch and not Coops because he's ( Coops) done the sq root of fuk all that half no team management or coaching whatsoever
[Post edited 19 Oct 2019 15:58]
The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 15:58 - Oct 19 with 1410 viewsicecoldjack

One of the worst 1 st halves we’ve had this season, the team seems to be going backwards and playing far less football than before.

For sure Cooper has been worked out, last 3 games. The high pressing is totally nullifying us and we lack the bottle to be bold.

Naughton and Ayew look like quality players the rest of our team look like a bunch of big time Charlie frauds , especially Grimes and Carrol .

Need to up things 2 Nd half if we don’t then expect this to be the turning point of our season.
The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 15:59 - Oct 19 with 1395 viewsthornabyswan

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 22:47 - Oct 18 by Chief

That's great for a 12 hour round trip.

Well done to all those making the effort.

Including myself!

Glad I stayed at home and watched the rugby.

If the players cant put in the effort why should the fans.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 15:59 - Oct 19 with 1397 viewstheloneranger

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 15:57 - Oct 19 by blackpooljack

Christ i thought it couldnt get any worse than Stoke looks like I was wrong. It seems like Birch has just walked out into the street grabbed hold of 11 randoms and said get out there and have a kick around. I say Birch and not Coops because he's ( Coops) done the sq root of fuk all that half no team management or coaching whatsoever
[Post edited 19 Oct 2019 15:58]

Perhaps that's what Birch was doing in the pub, picking a fvcking pub team.

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 16:03 - Oct 19 with 1297 viewsjackrabbit

How is Woodman allowed to wear that black and blue shirt? Not easily discernible from the team’s away kit. If it wasn’t for his gloves it’d be hard to see who the hell is the goalkeeper!
Anyway, why didn’t Swans just wear black shorts with their normal white shirts? Why wear that horrible away strip? Questions, questions.

By the way, those are rhetorical questions - I know the answer - MONEY! That away strip is actually purchased by certain fans. Each to his own.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024