Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread 01:10 - Oct 14 with 24930 viewsjackharris

Sam Surridge and Tom Carroll make their first Championship
starts of the season for Swansea City at Barnsley. Striker Surridge —
fresh from scoring for England Under-21s over the international break
— is preferred to Borja Bastos in attack. Carroll, meanwhile, makes
his first league start in a year as he gets the nod in midfield as Jay Fulton
misses out on a place in the matchday squad.

Connor Roberts drops to the bench as Kyle Naughton moves to
right-back and Jake Bidwell comes back into the side at left-back,
while George Byers comes in for Yan Dhanda. Freddie Woodman
continues in goal with Naughton and Bidwell on the flanks of a
defence helmed by Mike van der Hoorn and Joe Rodon.
Carroll partners captain Matt Grimes in midfield, with Andre Ayew
and Bersant Celina playing either side of Byers. Surridge leads the line,
while Kristoffer Nordfeldt is among the substitutes following illness.

Barnsley: Brad Collins, Kenny Dougall, Jacob Brown, Cameron McGeehan,
Cauley Woodrow, Conor Chaplin, Dimitri Cavare, Toby Sibbick, Aapo Halme,
Alex Mowatt (captain), Bambo Diaby.

Substitutes: Jack Walton, Mads Andersen, Ben Williams, Mike Bahre,
Luke Thomas, Clarke Odour, Elliot Simoes.

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Mike van der Hoorn,
Joe Rodon, Jake Bidwell; Matt Grimes (captain), Tom Carroll;
Andre Ayew, George Byers, Bersant Celina; Sam Surridge.

Substitutes: Kristoffer Nordfeldt, Ben Wilmot, Connor Roberts,
Wayne Routledge, Kristoffer Peterson, Jordon Garrick, Borja Baston.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2019 14:06]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 16:36 - Oct 19 with 3990 viewstheloneranger

Fvcking wide open!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 16:36 - Oct 19 with 3990 viewskarnataka

Well, we kept that lead a long time ffs
The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 16:36 - Oct 19 with 3977 viewsAndy1300

It’s the Swansea way

Always the same, grrrrr

Number 1 team in Wales

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 16:37 - Oct 19 with 3915 viewsJonTheJack

Tom Carroll with one of his signature tackle attempts in the lead up.

Embarrassing.
The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 16:37 - Oct 19 with 3895 viewsSwanjaxs

Looked to me like the ball went out of play on the touchline 🧐
Anyways we don't deserve to be ahead

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 16:39 - Oct 19 with 3725 viewsmonmouth

Ref wasn’t even looking. Pathetic.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 16:48 - Oct 19 with 3016 viewsSwanjaxs

Just seen their goal again, nevermind a foul on surridge the ball was definitely out of play on the touchline 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 16:49 - Oct 19 with 2966 viewskarnataka

Let's see if Garrick can swing this in our favour now
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 16:58 - Oct 19 with 2308 viewskarnataka

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 16:49 - Oct 19 by karnataka

Let's see if Garrick can swing this in our favour now

I think 'no' is the answer
The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:01 - Oct 19 with 2131 viewsSwanjaxs

So that's 2pts gathered from the bottom 3 sides ...

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:02 - Oct 19 with 2067 viewsNotLoyal

Ok
We didn't lose, should have, but didn't.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:02 - Oct 19 with 2018 viewsswan65split

well below Par TBH......time to put the Curry on.
The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:02 - Oct 19 with 2008 viewsLandore_Jack

That was painful.

#backtojack

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:03 - Oct 19 with 1981 viewstheloneranger

Swans, the team that keeps giving.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:04 - Oct 19 with 1919 viewsunion_jack

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:02 - Oct 19 by swan65split

well below Par TBH......time to put the Curry on.

What is par atm?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:06 - Oct 19 with 1858 viewsmonmouth

It’s ok, if you can’t win don’t lose was Rodgers view and he’s right. All in all a good point taking today in isolation. But Cooper needs to start solving some issues and earning his salt.

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:06 - Oct 19 with 1846 views34dfgdf54

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:02 - Oct 19 by NotLoyal

Ok
We didn't lose, should have, but didn't.

Any away point is decent.

Need 6 points now next week
The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:07 - Oct 19 with 1813 viewsjackrabbit

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:03 - Oct 19 by theloneranger

Swans, the team that keeps giving.

Top of the table? You’re having a laugh. Distinctly average and getting worse. The team has lost its mojo. Relieved to get a point in the end.
The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:10 - Oct 19 with 1752 viewsLandore_Jack

We are weak in midfield. Too many lightweights there I am afraid.

#backtojack

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:23 - Oct 19 with 1592 viewsJohnw102

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:10 - Oct 19 by Landore_Jack

We are weak in midfield. Too many lightweights there I am afraid.

Not a lot up front either, SS not up to it, BC wasted out wide, AA looked head and shoulders above the rest, the way he talks to other player and the ref I would give the Captain's armband, looks to heavy for Matt. thought their number 9 Woodrow looked sharp.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:24 - Oct 19 with 1572 viewsswan65split

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:04 - Oct 19 by union_jack

What is par atm?

Not performing.
The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:24 - Oct 19 with 1574 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:04 - Oct 19 by union_jack

What is par atm?

19th in the form table. 1 win in last 6, only two points above relegation form (so well off playoff form, if that’s the target).

We’ve been poor since end-August. I didn’t see today, but sounds like we should be grateful for the point.

Safe to say Cooper’s honeymoon period is over.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2019 17:30]
The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:25 - Oct 19 with 1561 viewsmonmouth

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:23 - Oct 19 by Johnw102

Not a lot up front either, SS not up to it, BC wasted out wide, AA looked head and shoulders above the rest, the way he talks to other player and the ref I would give the Captain's armband, looks to heavy for Matt. thought their number 9 Woodrow looked sharp.

I agree Ayew should be captain. He does the role anyway, and we might as well get as much value out of him as we can.

Ok. I’ve said I cowin loves him now.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2019 17:26]

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:26 - Oct 19 with 1557 viewsGammon

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:06 - Oct 19 by 34dfgdf54

Any away point is decent.

Need 6 points now next week

Celebrating a point away at the mighty Barnsley who are in the relegation zone of the Championship.

We were celebrating wins away at Old Trafford and Anfield just a few years back.

Club is rotten from top to bottom, we’re clueless.
The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:30 - Oct 19 with 1498 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Barnsley FC v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:24 - Oct 19 by LeonWasGod

19th in the form table. 1 win in last 6, only two points above relegation form (so well off playoff form, if that’s the target).

We’ve been poor since end-August. I didn’t see today, but sounds like we should be grateful for the point.

Safe to say Cooper’s honeymoon period is over.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2019 17:30]

Yet we’re still unbeaten away from home, two defeats out of 12 this season and third in the league.

Cheer up. It could be worse. We were crap for an hour today and got an away point. A point away from home is always good, right?

And it’s Saturday evening, it’s not raining at the moment for what seems like the first time in about six weeks and my swig is just kicking in.

Altogether now... we shall overcoooooome.

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024