Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Teacher gets 700k compensation 09:56 - Nov 18 with 7473 viewsdickythorpe

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-50441566

Surely his private life is just that? Who made this information public?
Teacher gets 700k compensation on 22:22 - Nov 21 with 1298 viewsDarran

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 22:17 - Nov 21 by Neath_Jack

I haven’t got a clue what the regulations are you header, but I thought you must have as you brought them up 😂

So why would it have been sound for your boy to be doing it with a teacher then, what’s the difference?

I’m not replying to you anymore. You know exactly what the score is between teachers and pupils so stop being silly.
There’s umpteen instances on the internet have a look.
Goodbye.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 00:25 - Nov 22 with 1238 viewstheloneranger

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 22:06 - Nov 21 by Darran

I would have said well done 🤣 but there’s always been regulations as such in these situations you can’t have teachers shagging 16/17 year olds just because they aren’t breaking the law.

They are breaking the law if they are 16/17 year olds ... Under the age of 18 it's "An Abuse of Trust"

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 07:42 - Nov 22 with 1184 viewsNeath_Jack

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 22:18 - Nov 21 by jack247

That’s a completely different argument. I’d imagine most people with 43 year old sons would be a bit put out to hear they were banging 17 year olds.

No, it's just the sex of the persons involved has been swapped around. So men think it's morally ok for a 17 year old son to be shagging a female 43 year old junior school teacher, but not the other way around. Can't you see that? It highlights the hypocritical moral compasses of people.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 07:43 - Nov 22 with 1183 viewsNeath_Jack

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 00:25 - Nov 22 by theloneranger

They are breaking the law if they are 16/17 year olds ... Under the age of 18 it's "An Abuse of Trust"

Why wasn't he prosecuted then?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 07:50 - Nov 22 with 1181 viewslifelong

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 00:25 - Nov 22 by theloneranger

The ‘abuse of trust’ law, regarding teachers, relates to the circumstances where the 17 year old is in full time education and the teacher works in the same establishment.
https://www.emmottsnell.co.uk/blog/sexual-consent-and-positions-of-trust
Teacher gets 700k compensation on 07:53 - Nov 22 with 1178 viewssherpajacob

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 20:58 - Nov 21 by Lohengrin

I’ll light a candle for you on Sunday, Sherp. If ever a soul was in need of intercession it’s yours.

Light one for the members of the employment tribunal as well then.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 08:27 - Nov 22 with 1162 viewsNeath_Jack

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 07:50 - Nov 22 by lifelong

The ‘abuse of trust’ law, regarding teachers, relates to the circumstances where the 17 year old is in full time education and the teacher works in the same establishment.
https://www.emmottsnell.co.uk/blog/sexual-consent-and-positions-of-trust

That can't be right mun, Darran has umpteen examples on the net.

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 10:02 - Nov 22 with 1127 viewstheloneranger

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 07:43 - Nov 22 by Neath_Jack

Why wasn't he prosecuted then?

If they were/are still in full time education, they obviously were not in the same school as this head.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Login to get fewer ads

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 10:06 - Nov 22 with 1118 viewsDarran

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 08:27 - Nov 22 by Neath_Jack

That can't be right mun, Darran has umpteen examples on the net.

There is.

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 10:22 - Nov 22 with 1110 viewsNeath_Jack

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 10:06 - Nov 22 by Darran

There is.

Apology accepted 😂

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 11:07 - Nov 22 with 1089 viewsjack247

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 07:42 - Nov 22 by Neath_Jack

No, it's just the sex of the persons involved has been swapped around. So men think it's morally ok for a 17 year old son to be shagging a female 43 year old junior school teacher, but not the other way around. Can't you see that? It highlights the hypocritical moral compasses of people.

You’re missing the point.

Nobody has criticised the 17 year old boys for having sex with a 43 year old. In your example, the 43 year old female teacher would be at fault, not the 17 year old boy.

I don’t think that’s any more of a hypocritical moral compass than stating you think it’s fine, but wouldn’t be happy if your own child was involved.
Teacher gets 700k compensation on 13:01 - Nov 22 with 1055 viewslondonlisa2001

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 16:13 - Nov 21 by cimlajack

The story broke in the press as a result of the teacher winning his claim for unfair dismissal.
The local authority appealed the original ruling and then lost that case too, the media interest rose dramatically after the second ruling.

Yes, I understand that. I wondered how the people who sacked him got to know about it in the first place.
Teacher gets 700k compensation on 13:08 - Nov 22 with 1050 viewslondonlisa2001

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 21:49 - Nov 21 by Flashberryjack

I think they are just giving their opinions on this thread, admittedly, some a little stronger than others, but not outrage.
The lovely Lisa is more likely to show outrage, as she's very passionate on quite a subjects.

I only express outrage at other people’s outrage...

In this case, to be honest, it’s obvious that he broke no laws (as they weren’t pupils of his) and therefore was sacked unfairly. On the wider question, I think there’s something distasteful, fairly seedy in some ways, about someone in their forties shagging teenagers, whatever the sex of the people involved.

I also think some (not all) will have criticised because the teenagers were male rather than female.

I also, incidentally, think there’s something equally distasteful and seedy about a married man in his fifties in a very senior position shagging a woman in her twenties who’s his junior.
Some who’ve expressed distaste on this thread want to see that man as Prime Minister! I reference that as the age difference is exactly the same as in this case...
[Post edited 22 Nov 2019 13:15]
Teacher gets 700k compensation on 13:21 - Nov 22 with 1040 viewsDarran

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 13:08 - Nov 22 by londonlisa2001

In this case, to be honest, it’s obvious that he broke no laws (as they weren’t pupils of his) and therefore was sacked unfairly. On the wider question, I think there’s something distasteful, fairly seedy in some ways, about someone in their forties shagging teenagers, whatever the sex of the people involved.

I also think some (not all) will have criticised because the teenagers were male rather than female.

I also, incidentally, think there’s something equally distasteful and seedy about a married man in his fifties in a very senior position shagging a woman in her twenties who’s his junior.
Some who’ve expressed distaste on this thread want to see that man as Prime Minister! I reference that as the age difference is exactly the same as in this case...

Superbly put.

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 13:51 - Nov 22 with 1026 viewsjack247

The older the people involved get, the less relevant the age difference. I wouldn’t say a girl in her mid twenties and a fifty year old is quite as seedy as a barely legal teenager and a man in his early forties, even though the age gap is the same.

Other than that, I completely agree.

On the Johnson front, I’m sure some will argue he hasn’t broken any laws, but if he had actually been using his status to shag one of his juniors, it’s sordid and distasteful at the very best.
Teacher gets 700k compensation on 14:04 - Nov 22 with 1009 viewssherpajacob

I don't know how old Bluey is, but he's admitted "he would"with a 15/16 year old girl.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 22:50 - Nov 22 with 903 viewsHighjack

Similar age difference between Corbyn and his wife.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 23:10 - Nov 22 with 881 viewslondonlisa2001

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 13:51 - Nov 22 by jack247

The older the people involved get, the less relevant the age difference. I wouldn’t say a girl in her mid twenties and a fifty year old is quite as seedy as a barely legal teenager and a man in his early forties, even though the age gap is the same.

Other than that, I completely agree.

On the Johnson front, I’m sure some will argue he hasn’t broken any laws, but if he had actually been using his status to shag one of his juniors, it’s sordid and distasteful at the very best.

Yes I agree that it changes. I would say though that the change is partly age related but also is partly the balance in power between the couple.

Much of Johnson’s reported private life is distasteful at the very, very best.
Teacher gets 700k compensation on 23:13 - Nov 22 with 873 viewslondonlisa2001

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 22:50 - Nov 22 by Highjack

Similar age difference between Corbyn and his wife.

Yes, roughly - Corbyn’s wife is about 50 I think and he’s 70.

But when they met he was an MP and she was a human rights lawyer. One wasn’t in a position of power over the other.

Very different.
Teacher gets 700k compensation on 23:21 - Nov 22 with 855 viewsLohengrin

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 23:13 - Nov 22 by londonlisa2001

But when they met he was an MP and she was a human rights lawyer. One wasn’t in a position of power over the other.

Very different.

Which one now? This latest, the third, is a Mestizo coffee bean importer.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 23:23 - Nov 22 with 846 viewsDJack

Very different.

Context and/or nuance are oft missed or put aside for the purpose of pushing personal agendas here... you may have noticed.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 23:24 - Nov 22 with 841 viewsKerouac

Very different.

Jesus, what do you want a caste system?!?

The issue I had with this story was
A) 17yr olds these days are still kids (because they are treated like kids, at least until they finish uni)
&
B) the job the old perv does.

As I said at the outset, if he was sleeping with 17yr old girls I would feel the same.

The governors were right not to accept the risk and get rid of him.
Not illegal though.
So maybe they should have gone about it in a different way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 23:37 - Nov 22 with 826 viewslondonlisa2001

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 23:21 - Nov 22 by Lohengrin

Which one now? This latest, the third, is a Mestizo coffee bean importer.

She is now.

She was a lawyer and a banker. Not sure in which order!

I think the coffee bean thing is her semi retirement gig to be honest.
Teacher gets 700k compensation on 23:38 - Nov 22 with 821 viewslondonlisa2001

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 23:24 - Nov 22 by Kerouac

Jesus, what do you want a caste system?!?

The issue I had with this story was
A) 17yr olds these days are still kids (because they are treated like kids, at least until they finish uni)
&
B) the job the old perv does.

As I said at the outset, if he was sleeping with 17yr old girls I would feel the same.

The governors were right not to accept the risk and get rid of him.
Not illegal though.
So maybe they should have gone about it in a different way.

Perhaps if you’d read my earlier post you would have noticed me saying pretty much the same thing...
Teacher gets 700k compensation on 07:39 - Nov 23 with 778 viewsjack247

Teacher gets 700k compensation on 23:10 - Nov 22 by londonlisa2001

Yes I agree that it changes. I would say though that the change is partly age related but also is partly the balance in power between the couple.

Much of Johnson’s reported private life is distasteful at the very, very best.

Indeed.

There’s something very sordid about both a mayor of London shagging a girl much younger than him who’s career he would have been able to influence significantly and a middle aged headteacher shagging seventeen year old boys.

Not really the kind of person I’d want in either role to be honest. In one way Johnson’s is worse because of the position he was in at the time. You don’t really want people who will use their status to coerce others into sex running the country. At the same time, people in their forties shagging people barely out of childhood is just perverted.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024