Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds 15:41 - Dec 1 with 11077 viewsQJumpingJack

Scroll to the bottom.
Lets hope this is not true. Would this be a decision by the Americans?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7740077/AHEAD-GAME-Derby-earm
Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 20:24 - Dec 1 with 2142 viewsBest_loser

How much would selling landore raise
Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 20:32 - Dec 1 with 2120 viewsSwanjaxs

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 20:17 - Dec 1 by Badlands

Aye you carry on snoring mate and leave the 28 to get along with the blatant asset stripping

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 20:33 - Dec 1 with 2120 viewsplasjack

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 20:24 - Dec 1 by Best_loser

How much would selling landore raise

This is fantasy and would not raise enough to keep us in peanuts.
Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 20:33 - Dec 1 with 2120 viewsKilkennyjack

Terrible news ... for Scotlands young players.

I mean where will Fulton, Byers, Kingsley, King, McBurnie, McKay, etc go now ?

Great news for local players who can now have the game time needed to develop. Never did Ben, Joey, Jazz, and Macca any harm. You can add Roberts and Rodon to that.

Never understood the split site approach anyhow, i mean that approach almost guaranteed additional expense compared to a single site ..... ?

Beware of the Risen People

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 20:34 - Dec 1 with 2117 viewsGaryjack

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 20:04 - Dec 1 by Fireboy2

This ^

These 28 fvcking leeches have only been in this for one thing, making money from us.

Whether we were in the prem where they would get near to 100 million or in the other divisions they would gef parachute payments, i bet they wish they had got birch in earlier to make them even more money.

The next two seasons are going to be a rollercoaster, just hope that cooper learns quickly to make us competitive next season as there will be more players sold, the likes of roberts, rodon, vdh, ayew and baston will go leaving us with the bare bones of a squad, buckle up and enjoy the ride.

You only have to look at Mindy Kailing. She was so slim and sexy before she invested in us. Look at her now!

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 20:35 - Dec 1 with 2109 viewspencoedjack

The saddest but not unsurprising news since we got sold out.
Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 20:38 - Dec 1 with 2099 viewsSwanjaxs

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 20:34 - Dec 1 by Garyjack

You only have to look at Mindy Kailing. She was so slim and sexy before she invested in us. Look at her now!

Mindy Kipling more like 😂

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 20:45 - Dec 1 with 2080 viewsKilkennyjack

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 20:35 - Dec 1 by pencoedjack

The saddest but not unsurprising news since we got sold out.

For me the saddest part has been the treatment of our stalwart pros Dyer and Routs.
Both club legends.

Beware of the Risen People

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 20:59 - Dec 1 with 2042 viewsBillyChong

Didn’t Jenkins say we’d be better prepared for relegation/this scenario under the yanks?
Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 21:00 - Dec 1 with 2041 viewsQJumpingJack

Lets remember these promises from Summer 2016:

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 21:02 - Dec 1 with 2031 viewspencoedjack

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 20:45 - Dec 1 by Kilkennyjack

For me the saddest part has been the treatment of our stalwart pros Dyer and Routs.
Both club legends.

Really?

Players who have earned more money than we can ever dream of earning & in the case of Dyer someone who has added little for 4 years.

I’m far more disappointed we are losing the future of our football club.
Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 21:02 - Dec 1 with 2031 viewsQJumpingJack

There is more about investment in this video:

He needs to provide an update on where we are now at - compared to Summer 2016
Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 21:03 - Dec 1 with 2027 viewsBest_loser

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 20:34 - Dec 1 by Garyjack

Akinfenwa with a wig
Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 21:06 - Dec 1 with 2011 viewswestside

How were these yanks allowed to buy a premier league football club ?
Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 21:12 - Dec 1 with 1994 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 21:06 - Dec 1 by westside

They had circa £67M so Jenkins considered them fit and proper people to run “not just another football club for the fans by the fans”

Boris Johnson learned everything he knows about duplicity and lying from Jenkins.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 21:28 - Dec 1 with 1961 viewsSPboy

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 19:10 - Dec 1 by Garyjack

Yes i know. But the thread is about the potential sale of Landore and moving everything to Fairwood.

The club has been actively trying to offload Landore & Fairwood. Whether the intention is to keep one or the other is not clear, but they are both effectively for sale
Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 21:31 - Dec 1 with 1960 viewsmajorraglan

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 20:04 - Dec 1 by Fireboy2

This ^

These 28 fvcking leeches have only been in this for one thing, making money from us.

Whether we were in the prem where they would get near to 100 million or in the other divisions they would gef parachute payments, i bet they wish they had got birch in earlier to make them even more money.

The next two seasons are going to be a rollercoaster, just hope that cooper learns quickly to make us competitive next season as there will be more players sold, the likes of roberts, rodon, vdh, ayew and baston will go leaving us with the bare bones of a squad, buckle up and enjoy the ride.

I don’t think that was ever in doubt. There aren’t many people out there who would buy a football club as a philanthropic gesture of goodwill to the fans, unless they themselves are fans with huge amounts of cash, there aren’t many guys like this about.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50496062

Most club owners are it in to make money
Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 21:35 - Dec 1 with 1952 viewsSwanjaxs

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 21:06 - Dec 1 by westside

Init...

Never mind the Trust are onto it 👍

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 22:33 - Dec 1 with 1879 viewspembsjack

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 21:35 - Dec 1 by Swanjaxs

Init...

Never mind the Trust are onto it 👍

The trust!
Forgot about them, paid at the start of the year and just keep hearing how slow the legal process is, do they even still exist?
Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 23:09 - Dec 1 with 1842 viewsbuilthjack

Yanks out

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 00:10 - Dec 2 with 1809 viewstheloneranger

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 21:28 - Dec 1 by SPboy

The club has been actively trying to offload Landore & Fairwood. Whether the intention is to keep one or the other is not clear, but they are both effectively for sale

Swans and Swansea University jointly own Fairwood training ground ... Plus the university own the land which the Swans lease from them.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 07:41 - Dec 2 with 1707 viewsjackrmee

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 15:48 - Dec 1 by Badlands

This isn't new and I'm sure there was talk of this when Fairwood was completed.
Birch commented back in March that the academy would keep it's category one status for the time being.
Unfortunately relegation and the difficulty replacing good prospects as players move up or out has devalued the standard of the team.
If we were to drop to Category 3 status it would be almost all about local youngsters not impressing bigger clubs.
Birch commented that the financial saving between Cat 1 & 2 is negligible although the standard is great.
The financial saving between Cat 1 & 3 is considerable but the difference in standard is negligible.

How can the difference in standard be negligible between cat1 and cat 3, yet the it's great between cat 1 and cat 2? Doesn't make sense.

I'd much prefer no transfer funds and keep the academy open tbh.
Not as if the club will get any funds anyway, if they downgrade the academy, it's just lies I guess.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 07:44 - Dec 2 with 1704 viewsjackrmee

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 19:10 - Dec 1 by Garyjack

Yes i know. But the thread is about the potential sale of Landore and moving everything to Fairwood.

So there's no way we can move it to Fairwood and keep it as cat1?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 09:13 - Dec 2 with 1642 viewsTimTtam

This is terrible news, even if it's been a possibility for a while.

Once the selling begins, it never stops. Well, until the yanks leave. Whether it's players or land/facilities. It's almost guaranteed we'll be back to Cat 2 or 3 either next season or the season after. What'll be next? Our first-team training ground? Ending our stay at the Liberty?

I honestly don't care about the risk of having new owners. The sooner the yanks leave, the better. It won't be long before they take the 3rd parachute payment early and run.

If the yanks were smart and wanted to recoup as much of their investment as they could, they could sell the academy training grounds, take the 15M parachute payment, sell Ayew for 3M, Borja for 1.5M in Jan, Mike for 4M in Jan, Rodon for 10M, & Roberts for 3M. That's 36.5M (excl. training ground price) they could make in a short amount of time.

To what extent can the yanks take money out of the club? I read a variety of responses saying they can take everything, some, or nothing.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 10:48 - Dec 2 with 1588 viewsCatullus

Anybody who didn'tthink this could/would happen is naive. It's not so much that I don't trust our owners (though I don't) and more that I was fairly sure what to expect.

The moment we found out our new owners were a hedge fund I'm quite certain most could see what might happen.

I'd still want to know how a hedge fund group passed a fit and proper persons test? It goes to show how weak the 'safeguards' are.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024