Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds 15:41 - Dec 1 with 11079 viewsQJumpingJack

Scroll to the bottom.
Lets hope this is not true. Would this be a decision by the Americans?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7740077/AHEAD-GAME-Derby-earm
Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 20:21 - Dec 2 with 1641 viewsOldjack

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 14:54 - Dec 2 by Swanjaxs

Exactly this.

Morgan, Jenkins and the others are all culpable.

Without doubt they knew they were selling up to a consortium/hedge fund call it what you like.

The potential selling off of the Landore training complex shouldn't come as a surprise to anybody.

The 28 will only leave the bare bones.

That's how hedge funds make their money.

The only thing that's surprised me is we've still got the academy atm

No doubt a few will be along to support the yanks [it needs to be done to balance the books that we're cooking up ! ]
The day this takeover was announced was a very very sad day in the history of Swansea city and I've no doubt it will lead us back to the pits of the league 2

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 20:31 - Dec 2 with 1631 viewssioni

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 12:58 - Dec 2 by LeonWasGod

Yep. It'll be a sad day when we start selling off our assets that the PL was supposed to be all about providing. Inevitable though as these owners can't afford to run us once the parachute payments run out.

Double yep, especially considering the nature of hedge funds. The original primary investors, our double-headed investors, depend on the secondary investors(the Oprah’s of the world) to leverage the original purchase and to supply annual fees. Critically, Oprah and the others would be unable to recover their investments for as many years as stipulated in the original agreement, whatever the status of the original investment, namely us. Not a happy time for Kaplan and his pal whose sole concern would be minimizing damage to their own interests.

Ah well, I’m not an expert in this area, just an amateur who learned how to leverage his own earnings into investments that minimized dependence on a pension. Perhaps, I’m wrong and being too pessimistic to boot.
Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 03:19 - Dec 3 with 1534 viewsTimTtam

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 16:51 - Dec 2 by NotLoyal

You used the word primarily, hence my response.

Jenkins and the shareholders are the others that are partially responsible.

We can't forget that they shafted us over to the yanks, and then the yanks began their work.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 07:51 - Dec 3 with 1487 viewsjackrmee

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 12:49 - Dec 2 by vetchonian

Apart from players this Ladore is the only asset the club owns outright and able to sell.
But who would want to buy it?
Doubt the land has any value for residential development but can undersdtand the logic of the Yanks looking to sell and consolidate all training at Fairwood in a means to raise monies and cut costs

But would that mean we would have to drop from cat1?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 07:57 - Dec 3 with 1485 viewsjackrmee

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 20:05 - Dec 2 by TenbySwan

The yanks need to be made to feel unwelcome and pressure intensified.

The 'get out of our club' etc needs to be relaunched.

MPs AMs etc from Swansea need to be asking for meetings with them to discuss their commitment to the City and the Club. Its their job to look after the interests of their constituents.

We cannot just let them strip all the assets.

It just seems everyone has given up, has accepted the situation and is letting them do what the hell they like.

What can we do? We can't let them sell our academy FFS!

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 08:58 - Dec 3 with 1458 viewsNotLoyal

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 03:19 - Dec 3 by TimTtam

Jenkins and the shareholders are the others that are partially responsible.

We can't forget that they shafted us over to the yanks, and then the yanks began their work.

Mate, trust me I know.
More than many on here.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 09:03 - Dec 3 with 1454 viewsNotLoyal

Three years, ago a few people stated the Yanks have to be confronted, nobody did anything, when it was mentioned on here they were belittled, and as predicted they see us now as no threat. They will do what they want, the trust is anonymous, the fans are reaching for the slidey jelly and just waiting for another shafting.

OK I've changed it.

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 09:08 - Dec 3 with 1448 viewsjack247

I’m far from an expert on this, but if they are trying to find new buyers, which I’m certain they are, is the saving this would make worth it in terms of making the club less saleable/reducing its value?
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 09:30 - Dec 3 with 1430 views3swan

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 09:08 - Dec 3 by jack247

I’m far from an expert on this, but if they are trying to find new buyers, which I’m certain they are, is the saving this would make worth it in terms of making the club less saleable/reducing its value?

Depends how much they would get for Landore. An opportunity for a developer to build Copper Quarter 2. It could affect the price they are willing to accept for their shares. If true I am not at all surprised, as it is down to financial damage limitations. The new buyer may be Halliburton have the upkeep of Landore and Cat1. Edit Halliburton should read. Not want the burden
[Post edited 3 Dec 2019 9:40]
Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 04:14 - Dec 4 with 1319 viewsTimTtam

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 09:03 - Dec 3 by NotLoyal

Three years, ago a few people stated the Yanks have to be confronted, nobody did anything, when it was mentioned on here they were belittled, and as predicted they see us now as no threat. They will do what they want, the trust is anonymous, the fans are reaching for the slidey jelly and just waiting for another shafting.

When even are the yanks/ex shareholders supposedly being taken to court? It's beyond ridiculous how many times the 'date' has been delayed.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 13:02 - Dec 4 with 1234 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 04:14 - Dec 4 by TimTtam

When even are the yanks/ex shareholders supposedly being taken to court? It's beyond ridiculous how many times the 'date' has been delayed.

FFS that all we need
This timing would be a disaster if we reduced efforts in the academy

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-reveal-p

And to make matters worse FFS

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-swansea-leeds
Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 14:43 - Dec 4 with 1202 viewstheloneranger

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 13:02 - Dec 4 by AlfieMooresSon

FFS that all we need

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-reveal-p

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-swansea-leeds

Perhaps Tan is thinking about a cheeky bid for Landore.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 15:42 - Dec 4 with 1174 viewsNotLoyal

Neil Harris, has made, a blistering start?
2 wins?

OK I've changed it.

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 16:04 - Dec 4 with 1166 viewsBadlands

Strange how many of our fans don't trust the American shareholders to run the club but will vote in a way that will allow American shareholders to run the NHS!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 16:33 - Dec 4 with 1153 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 16:04 - Dec 4 by Badlands

Strange how many of our fans don't trust the American shareholders to run the club but will vote in a way that will allow American shareholders to run the NHS!

It's not on the table Boris has already said that!

Mind you what if we could get them cheaper than from the EU in the future?
Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 20:36 - Dec 4 with 1084 viewsbennytheblue

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 13:02 - Dec 4 by AlfieMooresSon

FFS that all we need

It’s been rumoured for a while that Tan wants to get the a academy funded properly but Warnock had no time for it, Bellamy did and that’s one of the reasons he left I heard. Youth is the future. Times are a changing.
Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 20:46 - Dec 4 with 1080 viewsbluey_the_blue

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 15:42 - Dec 4 by NotLoyal

Neil Harris, has made, a blistering start?
2 wins?

Draw and two wins.
Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 21:38 - Dec 4 with 1058 viewsNotLoyal

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 20:46 - Dec 4 by bluey_the_blue

Draw and two wins.

That's more like a decent start.

OK I've changed it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024