Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds 15:41 - Dec 1 with 11078 viewsQJumpingJack

Scroll to the bottom.
Lets hope this is not true. Would this be a decision by the Americans?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7740077/AHEAD-GAME-Derby-earm
Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 10:54 - Dec 2 with 1875 viewsBluebird

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 19:07 - Dec 1 by Garyjack

I kick myself sometimes for not realising that once we got to the prem, with Martin Morgan involved one day it would end in disaster with him walking away with millions. It was a perfect scenario for him.

Whats the craic with Morgan i don't see much said about him? Was he a bad egg like Jenkins?
I pass Morgans hotel quite alot is that still his? What's it like in there?
[Post edited 2 Dec 2019 10:54]
Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 12:07 - Dec 2 with 1817 viewsSPboy

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 00:10 - Dec 2 by theloneranger

Swans and Swansea University jointly own Fairwood training ground ... Plus the university own the land which the Swans lease from them.

Yep I know that. That’s why I said offload. Trying to cut costs one way or the other
Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 12:27 - Dec 2 with 1800 viewsQJumpingJack

There must be some truth in this story.

It feels a very odd story for the Daily Mail to make up.
If they were attempting to make a story up on the Swans then surely they would have come up with something better.
Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 12:49 - Dec 2 with 1768 viewsvetchonian

Apart from players this Ladore is the only asset the club owns outright and able to sell.
But who would want to buy it?
Doubt the land has any value for residential development but can undersdtand the logic of the Yanks looking to sell and consolidate all training at Fairwood in a means to raise monies and cut costs

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 12:52 - Dec 2 with 1761 views34dfgdf54

What I find sad about this, is the academy and facilities were meant to be the "legacy" so to speak of the 7 glory years we had in the Premier League.

If downgrading from Cat1 makes financial sense then fair enough, but the potential sale of facilities is sad.
Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 12:58 - Dec 2 with 1745 viewsLeonWasGod

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 12:52 - Dec 2 by 34dfgdf54

What I find sad about this, is the academy and facilities were meant to be the "legacy" so to speak of the 7 glory years we had in the Premier League.

If downgrading from Cat1 makes financial sense then fair enough, but the potential sale of facilities is sad.

Yep. It'll be a sad day when we start selling off our assets that the PL was supposed to be all about providing. Inevitable though as these owners can't afford to run us once the parachute payments run out.
Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 13:10 - Dec 2 with 1728 viewsBest_loser

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 12:49 - Dec 2 by vetchonian

Apart from players this Ladore is the only asset the club owns outright and able to sell.
But who would want to buy it?
Doubt the land has any value for residential development but can undersdtand the logic of the Yanks looking to sell and consolidate all training at Fairwood in a means to raise monies and cut costs

Lidl
Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 14:08 - Dec 2 with 1680 viewsTimTtam

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 10:48 - Dec 2 by Catullus

Anybody who didn'tthink this could/would happen is naive. It's not so much that I don't trust our owners (though I don't) and more that I was fairly sure what to expect.

The moment we found out our new owners were a hedge fund I'm quite certain most could see what might happen.

I'd still want to know how a hedge fund group passed a fit and proper persons test? It goes to show how weak the 'safeguards' are.

No such thing as the fit and proper test sadly. It's a crock of shite. Ask Blackpool, Notts County, Bolton, Bury, & Macclesfield just to name a few. The EFL are not fit for purpose.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 14:11 - Dec 2 with 1677 viewsjack247

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 12:52 - Dec 2 by 34dfgdf54

Since being here, they’ve sold our top players, replaced them badly, got us relegated, had a fire sale, sold our best academy developed players, are on their 6th manager and the academy is up for grabs.

Still some people defend them and blame the fans.
Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 14:21 - Dec 2 with 1666 viewsTimTtam

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 14:11 - Dec 2 by jack247

Since being here, they’ve sold our top players, replaced them badly, got us relegated, had a fire sale, sold our best academy developed players, are on their 6th manager and the academy is up for grabs.

Anyone who doesn't think the yanks are primarily to blame for our downfall is deluded.

My name is Matt

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 14:23 - Dec 2 with 1666 views34dfgdf54

I don't think they got us relegated, it was always going to happen at some point. I don't mind selling our best players, we are where we are in the food chain. It's the clusterf*ck since relegation which riles me, especially after those who sold us promised we would be in safer hands in the event of relegation with these owners. Still don't see why there is a big love in with Birch either.
Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 14:35 - Dec 2 with 1657 viewsjack247

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 14:23 - Dec 2 by 34dfgdf54

I don't think they got us relegated, it was always going to happen at some point. I don't mind selling our best players, we are where we are in the food chain. It's the clusterf*ck since relegation which riles me, especially after those who sold us promised we would be in safer hands in the event of relegation with these owners. Still don't see why there is a big love in with Birch either.

Fair enough, I’ll amend it to they accelerated our relegation and sold our best players with no idea how to replace them.

Birch’s biggest asset is the fact he’s not Huw Jenkins.
Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 14:46 - Dec 2 with 1651 viewsNotLoyal

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 18:44 - Dec 1 by budegan

Fair play, big nose absolutely shafted this club.

With people who are master planners in carrying it on.
This administration currently running Swansea is rotten to the core.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 14:48 - Dec 2 with 1649 viewsNotLoyal

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 14:21 - Dec 2 by TimTtam

Anyone who doesn't think the yanks are primarily to blame for our downfall is deluded.

He didn’t, he just gave you a summary of what the robbing bastards have presided over since they fraudulently took over the share majority.

OK I've changed it.

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 14:54 - Dec 2 with 1641 viewsSwanjaxs

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 14:48 - Dec 2 by NotLoyal

He didn’t, he just gave you a summary of what the robbing bastards have presided over since they fraudulently took over the share majority.

Exactly this.

Morgan, Jenkins and the others are all culpable.

Without doubt they knew they were selling up to a consortium/hedge fund call it what you like.

The potential selling off of the Landore training complex shouldn't come as a surprise to anybody.

The 28 will only leave the bare bones.

That's how hedge funds make their money.

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 15:00 - Dec 2 with 1634 viewsicecoldjack

Can we make this post a sticky please !

Laid out nicely in black and white . Summed up perfectly.
Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 15:04 - Dec 2 with 1625 viewsvetchonian

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 15:00 - Dec 2 by icecoldjack

Can we make this post a sticky please !

Laid out nicely in black and white . Summed up perfectly.

Yes but lets not lose sight of the fact they are only here because of the sellouts!!!!!!

NO due dillignece and going behind the Trusts back!!!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 15:35 - Dec 2 with 1586 viewsTimTtam

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 14:48 - Dec 2 by NotLoyal

I was completely agreeing with him. The yanks are nothing but trouble. I was just adding that people who don't think the yanks are to blame (not him) are deluded.

My name is Matt

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 15:42 - Dec 2 with 1583 viewskarnataka

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 20:34 - Dec 1 by Garyjack

You only have to look at Mindy Kailing. She was so slim and sexy before she invested in us. Look at her now!

I had never heard of her before she became one of our leeches and even now know (or care) so little about her that I didn't even know (or care) that she was black until you posted that pic.
Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 16:51 - Dec 2 with 1546 viewsNotLoyal

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 15:35 - Dec 2 by TimTtam

I was completely agreeing with him. The yanks are nothing but trouble. I was just adding that people who don't think the yanks are to blame (not him) are deluded.

You used the word primarily, hence my response.

OK I've changed it.

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 17:28 - Dec 2 with 1518 viewsQJumpingJack

This is worth a listen to for those who may not have seen it:

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 18:19 - Dec 2 with 1478 viewsBillyChong

Have the Trust been informed of these plans?
Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 18:22 - Dec 2 with 1476 viewsSwanjaxs

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 18:19 - Dec 2 by BillyChong

Have the Trust been informed of these plans?

Ahhh the Trust bless them ❤

Are they still around? (not even joking)

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 19:11 - Dec 2 with 1430 viewsGaryjack

Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 18:22 - Dec 2 by Swanjaxs

Ahhh the Trust bless them ❤

Are they still around? (not even joking)

Unfortunately there would be nothing they could do about it anyway. Oh the irony of the sell outs inadvertently voting to sell off the legacy that they built by giving away their voting rights from the shares they still hold..
[Post edited 2 Dec 2019 19:13]
Swansea to sacrifice the academy for transfer funds on 20:05 - Dec 2 with 1368 viewsTenbySwan

The yanks need to be made to feel unwelcome and pressure intensified.

The 'get out of our club' etc needs to be relaunched.

MPs AMs etc from Swansea need to be asking for meetings with them to discuss their commitment to the City and the Club. Its their job to look after the interests of their constituents.

We cannot just let them strip all the assets.

It just seems everyone has given up, has accepted the situation and is letting them do what the hell they like.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024