Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 2019 General Election results thread. 06:47 - Dec 12 with 26367 viewsexiledclaseboy

Fill yer boots. Exit poll at 10pm, all hope gone by five past, or mass celebrations depending on your perspective.

My prediction, Tory majority of 50 plus.

My hope, the hungest of hung parliaments leading to a second Brexit referendum in the spring to end the madness one way or another. And then another election next autumn hopefully with two different leaders at the helm.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2019 9:19]

Poll: Tory leader

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 18:55 - Dec 12 with 1822 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 18:36 - Dec 12 by majorraglan

Quite a few of the old people I know who despise the Conservatives have really surprised me this election and have voted Tory, two reasons, some because they want Brexit done and the others son account of the fact they don’t like Corbyn. The fact that Boris is a liar etc isn’t on their radar.

Just been to my polling station and they report a brisk trade, looked like mostly oldies.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2019 18:37]

I hope that the young have voted.

They’re very good at failing to get off their collective arses and voting, then blaming old people for their problems.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 18:56 - Dec 12 with 1822 viewsUxbridge

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 18:36 - Dec 12 by majorraglan

Quite a few of the old people I know who despise the Conservatives have really surprised me this election and have voted Tory, two reasons, some because they want Brexit done and the others son account of the fact they don’t like Corbyn. The fact that Boris is a liar etc isn’t on their radar.

Just been to my polling station and they report a brisk trade, looked like mostly oldies.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2019 18:37]

Older people more likely to get their news from traditional sources. Different type of echo chambers depending on age groups, technology etc

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 18:58 - Dec 12 with 1807 viewsHighjack

Why can’t they all lose?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 19:09 - Dec 12 with 1781 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Found it ironic on the news 200 Cardiff students unable to vote because they can't do a simple thing like register correctly.
Over 40 million adults seem to be able to manage to do it.
Says a lot for our education system and they want to lower voting age to 16

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 19:28 - Dec 12 with 1745 viewslondonlisa2001

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 19:09 - Dec 12 by felixstowe_jack

Found it ironic on the news 200 Cardiff students unable to vote because they can't do a simple thing like register correctly.
Over 40 million adults seem to be able to manage to do it.
Says a lot for our education system and they want to lower voting age to 16

What does it say about our education system that you haven’t understood why there was an issue?
The 2019 General Election results thread. on 19:33 - Dec 12 with 1724 viewsexiledclaseboy

My confident prediction of record low post-war turnout seems to be off the mark. High turnout is positive for those of us who want an inconclusive outcome. We’ll see.

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 19:36 - Dec 12 with 1706 viewslondonlisa2001

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 19:33 - Dec 12 by exiledclaseboy

My confident prediction of record low post-war turnout seems to be off the mark. High turnout is positive for those of us who want an inconclusive outcome. We’ll see.

It’s difficult to tell whether more people are voting or whether people are voting earlier because of the time of year.

If it’s the former, this could get interesting...
The 2019 General Election results thread. on 19:37 - Dec 12 with 1705 viewsdickythorpe

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 18:58 - Dec 12 by Highjack

Why can’t they all lose?

You asked for it.....

Login to get fewer ads

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 19:41 - Dec 12 with 1692 viewsexiledclaseboy

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 19:36 - Dec 12 by londonlisa2001

It’s difficult to tell whether more people are voting or whether people are voting earlier because of the time of year.

If it’s the former, this could get interesting...

Ten minute queue somewhere in Sketty when a friend of mine voted about 6.30pm. Still queuing out of the door when she’d finished.

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 20:07 - Dec 12 with 1651 views3swan

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 19:41 - Dec 12 by exiledclaseboy

Ten minute queue somewhere in Sketty when a friend of mine voted about 6.30pm. Still queuing out of the door when she’d finished.

Just been to vote no queue only a few wandering up after.
The 2019 General Election results thread. on 20:13 - Dec 12 with 1644 viewsKilkennyjack

Tory majority of less than 10 is my guess.
DUP offer a confidence and support deal mark 2.

No border in the Irish sea as the price.
‘No deal’ crash out Brexit results.

Scotland claims her freedom.

Wales renamed ‘Walesshire’ with little Alun Cairns as our very own God king.

Beware of the Risen People

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 20:13 - Dec 12 with 1642 viewsWingstandwood

Does indeed look like a higher turn out. won't deny that. But? I do wonder if a lot just went earlier than usual and traveled during daylight hours?

Argus!

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 20:18 - Dec 12 with 1630 viewslondonlisa2001

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 20:13 - Dec 12 by Wingstandwood

Does indeed look like a higher turn out. won't deny that. But? I do wonder if a lot just went earlier than usual and traveled during daylight hours?

I think it’s a possibility.

Although reports of higher than usual turnouts are still coming in in London even at this time.

Also reports that more women are voting than expected (which would be good for those of us who don’t want a Tory majority as well).

I doubt it’s going to be as big an effect as they’re saying. I hope it is, but doubt it.

If it is a genuinely high turnout, and with a bigger youth vote and bigger female vote, the polls will look silly. On raw numbers, Labour are always higher in the polls. It’s the adjustment for turnout that brings the Tory party up (older people vote more). If that changes, it has a huge effect.
The 2019 General Election results thread. on 20:29 - Dec 12 with 1590 viewsWingstandwood

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 20:18 - Dec 12 by londonlisa2001

I think it’s a possibility.

Although reports of higher than usual turnouts are still coming in in London even at this time.

Also reports that more women are voting than expected (which would be good for those of us who don’t want a Tory majority as well).

I doubt it’s going to be as big an effect as they’re saying. I hope it is, but doubt it.

If it is a genuinely high turnout, and with a bigger youth vote and bigger female vote, the polls will look silly. On raw numbers, Labour are always higher in the polls. It’s the adjustment for turnout that brings the Tory party up (older people vote more). If that changes, it has a huge effect.

One thing that would be extremely ironic is if The Brexit Party splits the Conservative vote in winnable seats and the country ends up with a rudderless The Conservative Party in coalition government with no Brexit.

How will Farage explain that one? Soap opera territory!

Argus!

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 20:34 - Dec 12 with 1573 viewsjack_lord

I have just voted in local community centre and was shocked with the numbers in there. 8 PM in the night and still plenty coming in when I left.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 20:36 - Dec 12 with 1564 viewslondonlisa2001

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 20:29 - Dec 12 by Wingstandwood

One thing that would be extremely ironic is if The Brexit Party splits the Conservative vote in winnable seats and the country ends up with a rudderless The Conservative Party in coalition government with no Brexit.

How will Farage explain that one? Soap opera territory!

Farage only wants to keep Farage in the spotlight.

That’s why he doesn’t want the deal to go through. It makes him irrelevant.

He’ll love it if it falls apart and he can keep moaning about betrayal while picking up a huge sum of money from the EU.
The 2019 General Election results thread. on 20:47 - Dec 12 with 1528 viewsexiledclaseboy

Some interesting anecdotes on twitter. This is my favourite so far.

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 21:05 - Dec 12 with 1473 viewsGowerjack

Tory overall majority of 11.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 21:07 - Dec 12 with 1464 viewsCatullus

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 18:58 - Dec 12 by Highjack

Why can’t they all lose?

Because that's our job

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 21:10 - Dec 12 with 1449 viewsWarwickHunt

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 20:13 - Dec 12 by Kilkennyjack

Tory majority of less than 10 is my guess.
DUP offer a confidence and support deal mark 2.

No border in the Irish sea as the price.
‘No deal’ crash out Brexit results.

Scotland claims her freedom.

Wales renamed ‘Walesshire’ with little Alun Cairns as our very own God king.

The DUP want revenge. Unsurprisingly they don't trust Boris.
The 2019 General Election results thread. on 21:18 - Dec 12 with 1421 viewsKilkennyjack

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 21:10 - Dec 12 by WarwickHunt

The DUP want revenge. Unsurprisingly they don't trust Boris.

This is what we hope to hear .... please 🙏🏿

Beware of the Risen People

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 21:21 - Dec 12 with 1410 viewsCatullus

Apparently Bolsover, Bassetlaw, Don Valley and Stoke are looking blue. Can I be bothered to stay up for the exit polls?

Nah, I'll let Naga and Dan surprise me in the morning.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 21:44 - Dec 12 with 1357 viewsSirjohnalot

I’m in a relative swing seat. Tory party has around a 5,500 majority, he’s not popular, LD in second place. Won’t be a surprise to anyone to hear I’m not a Tory. I really fear for our future if there’s a strong Tory majority. Shudder to think how people like Patel will be if this happens.
The 2019 General Election results thread. on 21:54 - Dec 12 with 1322 viewsexiledclaseboy

Exit poll in t minus six minutes.

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 21:59 - Dec 12 with 1303 viewslonglostjack

The 2019 General Election results thread. on 21:54 - Dec 12 by exiledclaseboy

Exit poll in t minus six minutes.

1 minute

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024