Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
La Parrilla 16:55 - Jan 15 with 10967 viewsraynor94

Closing its Restaurants on Sa1 and the Mumbles from Wednesday, bit of a shock there

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

La Parrilla on 17:05 - Jan 16 with 2360 viewsMrSwerve

La Parrilla on 22:06 - Jan 15 by Gowerjack

ANskBiS

Is that the name of the wine bar replacing it?

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

La Parrilla on 18:26 - Jan 16 with 2282 viewswaynekerr55

La Parrilla on 17:05 - Jan 16 by MrSwerve

Is that the name of the wine bar replacing it?

Supplied with wines from ALDI

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

La Parrilla on 20:08 - Jan 16 with 2173 viewsdickythorpe

That bar opposite, Diablos should take over.
La Parrilla on 22:29 - Jan 16 with 2071 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Mumbles parilla’s peppercorn source always tastes like gravy - fair play it ruined a fair few quids worth of steak - kept thinking it was a one off

My fault really

Lobster was good tho

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

La Parrilla on 22:43 - Jan 16 with 2057 viewsMuteswan

La Parrilla on 22:29 - Jan 16 by PatchesOHoulihan

Mumbles parilla’s peppercorn source always tastes like gravy - fair play it ruined a fair few quids worth of steak - kept thinking it was a one off

My fault really

Lobster was good tho

Are you sure?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-51111790
La Parrilla on 22:56 - Jan 16 with 2035 viewsbuilthjack

La Parrilla on 21:26 - Jan 15 by Darran

No comment he’s dead to me.

He's had his chips
[Post edited 16 Jan 2020 23:01]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

La Parrilla on 23:10 - Jan 16 with 2019 viewsjack_lord

La Parrilla on 15:41 - Jan 16 by jack247

I’ll always shop local over chains within reason, but I definitely made an exception for La Parilla/Bistrot Pierre. Charging top whack and then extra if you wanted chips/veg bowl etc took the piss. As eluded to before, it wasn’t unknown for the drinks bill, particularly for large groups, to not always be entirely accurate.

In a way, it’s a shame to see it go, but at the same time, treat the public like that and they are going to vote with their feet.

La Parilla was more local than a chain though? Overpriced but good lunch set menu.
Excellent position to be taken over.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

La Parrilla on 23:11 - Jan 16 with 2019 viewsjack_lord

La Parrilla on 23:44 - Jan 15 by Banosswan

Over stretching and a fondness for drink and gambling. 'Apparently'

and "cough" something that rhymes with rugs?

Login to get fewer ads

La Parrilla on 03:29 - Jan 17 with 1940 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Such a shame , always had a good meal there in Sa1 .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

La Parrilla on 05:50 - Jan 17 with 1914 viewsjack247

La Parrilla on 23:10 - Jan 16 by jack_lord

La Parilla was more local than a chain though? Overpriced but good lunch set menu.
Excellent position to be taken over.

La Parilla/Bras are local, Bistrot Pierre is a chain. What I meant was, I’d normally choose local over a chain, but in this instance, I’d go to Bistrot Pierre over La Parilla every time. I never feel like I’m being ripped off in there.

The Mumbles one, I’m not really sure is in a great position. It’s in a block with Croeso Lounge, Bistrot Pierre and Prezzo, but you wouldn’t know it’s there and it’s bar is on the main road whilst the other 3 are on the seafront. Great views though.
La Parrilla on 10:00 - Jan 17 with 1813 viewsjack_lord

La Parrilla on 05:50 - Jan 17 by jack247

La Parilla/Bras are local, Bistrot Pierre is a chain. What I meant was, I’d normally choose local over a chain, but in this instance, I’d go to Bistrot Pierre over La Parilla every time. I never feel like I’m being ripped off in there.

The Mumbles one, I’m not really sure is in a great position. It’s in a block with Croeso Lounge, Bistrot Pierre and Prezzo, but you wouldn’t know it’s there and it’s bar is on the main road whilst the other 3 are on the seafront. Great views though.

I quite like prezzo, even though it is a chain. I suppose the location makes it much better and we always try to get a seat with a view.
Parilla has got great views and that is one aspect that any new venture should obviously push. Perhaps the family will reopen it under a new name, who knows?

La Parrilla on 12:33 - Jan 17 with 1747 viewsJinxy

I think it was a "recipe" (sorry) of a few factors. No entrance from the front, having to use a bloomin lift, seating arrangements weird, no bar as such, outside great (despite soggy seats) but how often do we really get the weather?, menu not entirely the same as the Braz, food quality very variable (e.g. reviews), billing issues (one afternoon half of the adjoining table's bill appeared on ours - they removed it but refused to provide an explanation), cannot compete value and quality-wise with Pierre's, no loyalty scheme, lacked atmosphere, never overcame initial teething issues (despite "unbiased" review in Swansea Life), maybe slow to purchase the prime spot initially, etc.. Need I go on? They appointed a general manager across all restaurants a few months ago (he was ex Pierre's amongst others) but to no avail. Pierre's are investing alongside, I bet they would have bought the space otherwise, and still might.
La Parrilla on 18:33 - Jan 17 with 1637 viewsFlashberryjack

La Parrilla on 08:54 - Jan 16 by pikeypaul

The Mumbles one never took off and was always empty, whilst around the corner Bistrot Pierre is smashing all company nationwide turnover records.

A certain well known local asked for crayfish tails but with out the sauce but the manager refused but would not give a reason , something no other restaurant in the area has a problem with.That alone stopped a large group of people going there.

The son does enjoy his social life, which is great but maybe he should pay a little more attention to the business,I expect he’ll be back in the brassiere.

Used to go to Bistrot Pierre regularly, last time my wife and I went there, the food was shyte, the service crap and the staff looked grubby as f*ck.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

La Parrilla on 18:36 - Jan 17 with 1628 viewsdickythorpe

Not overawed by that BISTROT, I bet there's better places, and why put a T on the end of Bistro.
La Parrilla on 19:03 - Jan 17 with 1601 viewsSwanjaxs

Glug Glug

Sniff Sniff

Expensive lifestyle and all that 🍺👃

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

La Parrilla on 19:42 - Jan 17 with 1558 viewsSwanjaxs

La Parrilla on 08:54 - Jan 16 by pikeypaul

The Mumbles one never took off and was always empty, whilst around the corner Bistrot Pierre is smashing all company nationwide turnover records.

A certain well known local asked for crayfish tails but with out the sauce but the manager refused but would not give a reason , something no other restaurant in the area has a problem with.That alone stopped a large group of people going there.

The son does enjoy his social life, which is great but maybe he should pay a little more attention to the business,I expect he’ll be back in the brassiere.

Trust me, the son won't be let within a hundred miles of the Brassiere 👍
[Post edited 17 Jan 2020 19:44]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

La Parrilla on 21:25 - Jan 17 with 1512 viewswestside

Hotel is being built alongside the coop
La Parrilla on 21:27 - Jan 17 with 1505 viewsdickythorpe

La Parrilla on 21:25 - Jan 17 by westside

Hotel is being built alongside the coop

That's the marina though where the coop is! There's a massive tower there they may have to factor in as well if building a hotel there.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2020 21:28]
La Parrilla on 11:54 - Jan 19 with 1318 viewspikeypaul

La Parrilla on 18:33 - Jan 17 by Flashberryjack

Used to go to Bistrot Pierre regularly, last time my wife and I went there, the food was shyte, the service crap and the staff looked grubby as f*ck.

Upstairs has gone downhill the last 12 months.

Downstairs is still a nice atmosphere with good service, despite 3 of their best staff leaving in the last 4 months.

Despite Torquay being its flagship the Mumbles branch has smashed all its nationwide turnover records so I doubt the owners are to worried.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

La Parrilla on 13:30 - Jan 19 with 1262 viewswestside

La Parrilla on 21:27 - Jan 17 by dickythorpe

That's the marina though where the coop is! There's a massive tower there they may have to factor in as well if building a hotel there.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2020 21:28]

Alongside the coop in the mumbles where trams/arcade/tennis courts are next to pierre and parilla
La Parrilla on 14:14 - Jan 19 with 1222 viewsunion_jack

La Parrilla on 19:42 - Jan 17 by Swanjaxs

Trust me, the son won't be let within a hundred miles of the Brassiere 👍
[Post edited 17 Jan 2020 19:44]

Well is he a cross dresser or not?! Nothing wrong with that in today’s age😉

My mother went there some time back and had a meal which cost c.£18. She asked for some bread and was told that it would have to be charged for. Disgusting!

I feel it is justified when businesses like this go under I’m sorry to say.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

La Parrilla on 14:24 - Jan 19 with 1209 viewsMrSwerve

La Parrilla on 14:14 - Jan 19 by union_jack

Well is he a cross dresser or not?! Nothing wrong with that in today’s age😉

My mother went there some time back and had a meal which cost c.£18. She asked for some bread and was told that it would have to be charged for. Disgusting!

I feel it is justified when businesses like this go under I’m sorry to say.

Why should they give bread away for free?

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

La Parrilla on 14:38 - Jan 19 with 1199 viewsdickythorpe

La Parrilla on 13:30 - Jan 19 by westside

Alongside the coop in the mumbles where trams/arcade/tennis courts are next to pierre and parilla

My wires were crossed, apologies.
La Parrilla on 14:50 - Jan 19 with 1173 viewsunion_jack

La Parrilla on 14:24 - Jan 19 by MrSwerve

Well that’s what restaurants do. They serve bread on the side inclusive in the price, usually on sitting down.

Food is the cheapest factor in catering - staff, premises cost more so skimping on it or charging for items hat costs pennies is bad business.

Strange question I have to say.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

La Parrilla on 15:29 - Jan 19 with 1140 viewsjack247

La Parrilla on 14:24 - Jan 19 by MrSwerve

Because it costs them next to nothing and most of their competitors do. You get charged for bread, or they serve you a communal bowl of chips but still charge individually, you either kick up a fuss or just pay it. Either way, next time you go somewhere else.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024