Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint 19:49 - Feb 4 with 7020 viewsLandore_Jack

Currently looking to purchase a second hand car. I know Trade Centre Wales has been around a while and Motorpoint have opened a new branch in Swansea. Has anybody got experience when buying a car from these two car dealers? What was the customer service / after sales experience like?

#backtojack

Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 07:39 - Feb 5 with 1997 viewsVetchfielder

Trade Centre Wales : Our club's "Official Car Supermarket"

Proud to have been one of the 231

Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 10:53 - Feb 5 with 1887 viewsGreatBritton

Both I and Mrs GreatBritton have cars bought at TCW. Good cars, though a tad overpriced. I think the main problem with TCW is the way they try to force you into expensive payment plans.
Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 10:58 - Feb 5 with 1885 viewsnantywatcher

If you're too lazy to shop around then by all means go to a large car supermaket, but there are far better deals elsewhere with dealers who don't have those monstrous overheads.
Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 11:16 - Feb 5 with 1882 viewsProfessor

Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 19:58 - Feb 4 by Landore_Jack

VW Golf.

The Golf (and indeed Octavia and Leon) are about to change to a new generation model. Some good deals to be had on new-have been quoted less than 16K for a new 1.5TSi Octavia through the Car wow website
Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 11:29 - Feb 5 with 1869 viewsLandore_Jack

Thanks for the replies. You have all been very helpful.

#backtojack

Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 13:13 - Feb 5 with 1823 viewssherpajacob

I get the impression TCW is a loan/ finance company that does a side line in used cars.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 15:29 - Feb 5 with 1776 viewsCountyJim

Whatever happened to Trevor

I miss him
Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 16:16 - Feb 5 with 1762 viewsDr_Winston

Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 13:13 - Feb 5 by sherpajacob

I get the impression TCW is a loan/ finance company that does a side line in used cars.

Seems to be the case. Lure people in with the whole "cars from £20 a week!" sales pitch, then before people know it they've commited to paying about three grand more than the car is worth over the length of the deal. It's basically Brighthouse but for motors.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 18:03 - Feb 5 with 1723 viewsTreforys_Jack

Called in to the new motorpoint in Swansea today, some cracking cars all reasonably priced I thought. Too much choice though, if that's possible.
What's the good people of planet swans view or experiences of hybrids ?
Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 18:49 - Feb 5 with 1683 viewstheloneranger

Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 15:29 - Feb 5 by CountyJim

Whatever happened to Trevor

I miss him

He became Chairman of the Swans.😇

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 18:52 - Feb 5 with 1680 viewsNotLoyal

Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 18:03 - Feb 5 by Treforys_Jack

Called in to the new motorpoint in Swansea today, some cracking cars all reasonably priced I thought. Too much choice though, if that's possible.
What's the good people of planet swans view or experiences of hybrids ?

They explode when you blow them up and need too much cleaning out. Used to come with a decent bicycle repair kit but not anymore.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 19:42 - Feb 5 with 1617 viewsBatterseajack

I recently bought a car from a motorpoint in Cardiff seemed decent enough and I was happy with my purchase. Only annoying thing about them was that I couldn’t just drive away with the car, they wouldn’t let the car off the forecourt until you paid a (refundable) deposit and then they’re mechanics would give it a service which can take a few days. Seems an off way to go about things, maybe it’s just a unique thing to that branch.

Suprised no one has mentioned corner park off Fabian way. Some good motors there.
Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 07:00 - Feb 6 with 1540 viewspikeypaul

I know a guy that was refused the car at the agreed price when he took out cash to pay for it @ TCW. They make massive money on the loans, which is the thing they are really selling not the car, it’s a bit like when the scummy IFA used to push endowment mortgages knowing the would make a fortune in commission on the sale of the loan.

Saying that i cant comment on the reliability or initial price of its cars,meet Mark the owner a few times and he is a good guy.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2020 12:17]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 07:36 - Feb 6 with 1541 viewsSTID2017

Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 07:00 - Feb 6 by pikeypaul

I know a guy that was refused the car at the agreed price when he took out cash to pay for it @ TCW. They make massive money on the loans, which is the thing they are really selling not the car, it’s a bit like when the scummy IFA used to push endowment mortgages knowing the would make a fortune in commission on the sale of the loan.

Saying that i cant comment on the reliability or initial price of its cars,meet Mark the owner a few times and he is a good guy.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2020 12:17]

When Trade Centre opened near Birmingham they employed bouncers on the door to deal with the large number of irate customers unhappy with their vehicles. Fact.
Buyer beware is all I can say

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 08:04 - Feb 6 with 1523 viewsBest_loser

Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 07:36 - Feb 6 by STID2017

When Trade Centre opened near Birmingham they employed bouncers on the door to deal with the large number of irate customers unhappy with their vehicles. Fact.
Buyer beware is all I can say

I remember watching that bb c wales, x Ray consumer show a few years back

A couple took their car back with a fault and they were physically threatened

Not sure if it was TCW in their earlier years,
Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 09:06 - Feb 6 with 1505 viewsepaul

We got our Clio from TCW (Merthyr way) 2 1/2 years ago and its been faultless, in fairness they were superb, we arrived and left with a car, no pressure from the salesmen, prob paid a tad over the odds,but was very happy with the whole experience. It's a very slick operation nthough. I guess there is good and bad everywhere, some get a good experience some don't

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 11:56 - Feb 6 with 1467 viewsSTID2017

Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 09:06 - Feb 6 by epaul

We got our Clio from TCW (Merthyr way) 2 1/2 years ago and its been faultless, in fairness they were superb, we arrived and left with a car, no pressure from the salesmen, prob paid a tad over the odds,but was very happy with the whole experience. It's a very slick operation nthough. I guess there is good and bad everywhere, some get a good experience some don't

Glad you were happy with your buy.
My information is from a reliable inside source and for that reason and what I have seen myself and heard from other people, I would
advise anyone to look elsewhere

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 09:29 - Feb 11 with 1324 viewsCountyJim

Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 19:42 - Feb 5 by Batterseajack

I recently bought a car from a motorpoint in Cardiff seemed decent enough and I was happy with my purchase. Only annoying thing about them was that I couldn’t just drive away with the car, they wouldn’t let the car off the forecourt until you paid a (refundable) deposit and then they’re mechanics would give it a service which can take a few days. Seems an off way to go about things, maybe it’s just a unique thing to that branch.

Suprised no one has mentioned corner park off Fabian way. Some good motors there.

Motorpoint don't sell cars in kardiff
Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 18:08 - Feb 14 with 1186 viewshowenjack

Get autotrader if they still print it or go online there will be a glut of of good quality BMW's Audis etc. 5 or 6 years old in the Birmingham/ west Midlands area area due to the forthcoming ucaz (clean air zone). Coming in in June. In fact any city with a forthcoming clean air zone will have a surplus of very good low mileage but non compliant vehicles for sale. Pure supply and demand large surplus = lower price.
Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 22:18 - Feb 15 with 1080 viewsDr_Winston

Had a nose around TCW today just to see what they had as my car has died a death. Seemed a bit overpriced for a cash sale. No doubt they make their money on the people who can't work out how much they'll actually end up paying by the end of the deal.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 23:15 - Feb 15 with 1056 viewsmajorraglan

Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 22:18 - Feb 15 by Dr_Winston

Had a nose around TCW today just to see what they had as my car has died a death. Seemed a bit overpriced for a cash sale. No doubt they make their money on the people who can't work out how much they'll actually end up paying by the end of the deal.

If you set up an account with GoCompare to get an insurance quote, when you put the vehicle registration number in it will normally give you 4 valuations for the car, Forecourt price, Private Sale price, auction price and trade in price. It will give you a value and you can decide if it’s worth it. We buy any car will also give you a value.

I have been looking for a car for my son who is 17 and will be starting to learn to drive in the spring, some of the prices are crazy and insurance is mental.
Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 23:32 - Feb 15 with 1042 viewsDr_Winston

Trade Centre Wales and Motorpoint on 23:15 - Feb 15 by majorraglan

If you set up an account with GoCompare to get an insurance quote, when you put the vehicle registration number in it will normally give you 4 valuations for the car, Forecourt price, Private Sale price, auction price and trade in price. It will give you a value and you can decide if it’s worth it. We buy any car will also give you a value.

I have been looking for a car for my son who is 17 and will be starting to learn to drive in the spring, some of the prices are crazy and insurance is mental.

I don't envy anyone trying to insure a car for a 17 yr old. It's expensive enough for me, and I didn't bother sitting a test until I was 40.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024