Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 437781 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 20:52 - Apr 17 with 1671 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Just been catching up on the USA.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52330531

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Corona Virus on 20:55 - Apr 17 with 1667 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 20:45 - Apr 17 by Joe_bradshaw

This is not good.

The World Health Organization has cast doubt on the usefulness of antibody tests for Covid-19.

Many countries have indicated an intention to purchase millions of antibody tests, suggesting that people who are proven to have had the virus could be given "immunity passports" and would be able to return to work.

The UK government has bought 3.5 million antibody tests, but has not yet found one that is reliable enough to use.

But the WHO cautioned against investing too much in these tests.

Speaking in Geneva, the WHO's Dr Maria van Kerkhove said there was "no evidence" that having had the virus would guarantee immunity.

She said initial evidence did not suggest large numbers of people were developing antibodies after having the virus, meaning the chances of creating "herd immunity" were not high.

No immunity? What if this virus is mother nature's way of thinning out a species that has become way too prevalent?

Politicians are getting twitchy about economics, about money. This virus should be the wake up call we need to find a better way. Peronal wealth, or lack of it shouldn't matter, we are ALL in this together and that should be the future, one species, one race working together for a sustainable future.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 01:22 - Apr 18 with 1594 viewsJack123

Jesus Christ, Usa new deaths in the last 24 hours, as i write this 2,516 :(

libera nos a malo

Corona Virus on 07:14 - Apr 18 with 1518 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona Virus on 01:22 - Apr 18 by Jack123

Jesus Christ, Usa new deaths in the last 24 hours, as i write this 2,516 :(

Trump says time to ease restrictions in states with few cases!!!

Corona Virus on 07:23 - Apr 18 with 1513 viewsNortbankboy

Corona Virus on 19:51 - Apr 17 by majorraglan

I don’t blame Macron, he’s looking after his own people. Trump also intervened and stopped a consignment of masks leaving the US.

What this demonstrates is that we should have had enough PPE in reserve, (we used to have around £900m to £1bn of PPE held in central storage for pandemics, but over the last 3 years the value of goods in reserve fell by about a 1/3rd which I suspect is one of the reasons we are having shortages now) and we need to have the ability to produce masks in the U.K.

We used to be a manufacturing country Thatcher and
The Tories put an end to that.
If this vaccine is successful,we have make it abroad because we are not capable anymore.
Great Britain my arse
Corona Virus on 07:57 - Apr 18 with 1498 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 07:23 - Apr 18 by Nortbankboy

We used to be a manufacturing country Thatcher and
The Tories put an end to that.
If this vaccine is successful,we have make it abroad because we are not capable anymore.
Great Britain my arse

Where did you get that from, because apparently we export more than any other G7 nation so we must be capable,

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/uk-exports-more-vaccines-than-any-other-g7-co

There's [lenty of truths to beat the Tories (well most politicians really) with, we don't need to make stuff up.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Corona Virus on 08:42 - Apr 18 with 1463 viewssainthelens

Corona Virus on 07:14 - Apr 18 by JACKMANANDBOY

Trump says time to ease restrictions in states with few cases!!!

Innit. If this whole thing wasn't so tragic, you could almost find that fckn bellend funny.
Corona Virus on 08:55 - Apr 18 with 1446 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 08:42 - Apr 18 by sainthelens

Innit. If this whole thing wasn't so tragic, you could almost find that fckn bellend funny.

Bojo and Trump, what a double act. Still, it could be worse......or could it?

Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 09:12 - Apr 18 with 1433 viewssP7qupUf

The PPE shambles in England this morning is unbelievable. Despite weeks of rhetoric from Hancock that we have it all but getting it out is a logistical issue was clearly a lie. Putting out new guidance that endangers front line workers is a national scandal. Inaction in January has caused problems in all areas... PPE, testing, open borders (still the case) etc.

In other matters..... prisoners released from their sentence in error. An administrative error apparently despite Buckland saying "rigorous" systems were in place to manage this process.

The whole handling of this crisis has been appalling by a government that has shown to be incompetent across all areas. It is not about political points scoring, this is the reality that needs to be looked into when all is relatively back to normal. I am sure much can be linked to the Cignus report of 2016.
Corona Virus on 09:14 - Apr 18 with 1431 viewsNortbankboy

Corona Virus on 07:57 - Apr 18 by Catullus

Where did you get that from, because apparently we export more than any other G7 nation so we must be capable,

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/uk-exports-more-vaccines-than-any-other-g7-co

There's [lenty of truths to beat the Tories (well most politicians really) with, we don't need to make stuff up.

Sorry,it's in The Times today
Corona Virus on 09:52 - Apr 18 with 1404 viewsNeath_Jack

Corona Virus on 09:12 - Apr 18 by sP7qupUf

The PPE shambles in England this morning is unbelievable. Despite weeks of rhetoric from Hancock that we have it all but getting it out is a logistical issue was clearly a lie. Putting out new guidance that endangers front line workers is a national scandal. Inaction in January has caused problems in all areas... PPE, testing, open borders (still the case) etc.

In other matters..... prisoners released from their sentence in error. An administrative error apparently despite Buckland saying "rigorous" systems were in place to manage this process.

The whole handling of this crisis has been appalling by a government that has shown to be incompetent across all areas. It is not about political points scoring, this is the reality that needs to be looked into when all is relatively back to normal. I am sure much can be linked to the Cignus report of 2016.

I tell you what I don't understand about this RPE shortage, how am I still able to buy them? Granted they are getting harder and harder to come by, but they are still being sold.

The Welsh Government last week put an appeal out for suppliers to come forward, or for people to donate it to them. Surely the UK/Welsh Governments, massive procurement departments should be able to get them if I can? Why don't they order the suppliers to only supply to the them or the NHS? Why aren't they forcing UK manufacturing companies to start making them?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Corona Virus on 10:30 - Apr 18 with 1357 viewsA_Fans_Dad

They are not used to "governing" or "managing", they have let the EU do it for the last 40 years.
Corona Virus on 10:45 - Apr 18 with 1329 viewsmajorraglan

I suspect the NHS staff could see the shortage of kit situation developing over the last month and becoming more acute in the last few weeks which is why they have been raising it continuously. The government have pushing back and trying to blame the staff for using it incorrectly and have the media reporting their account while NHS staff going to the press could well face disciplinary action for speaking out.

This PPE situation has been brewing for ages, frontline NHS staff are being put at risk and it’s disgraceful. By changing and “diluting” the guidance the Government can make a PPE last longer and go further, but it increases risk.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52335561

It’s disgraceful.
Corona Virus on 10:50 - Apr 18 with 1317 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Germany seeing rises in cases and deaths, this is not easy to manage.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2020 10:50]

Corona Virus on 10:51 - Apr 18 with 1313 viewsNortbankboy

Corona Virus on 10:45 - Apr 18 by majorraglan

I suspect the NHS staff could see the shortage of kit situation developing over the last month and becoming more acute in the last few weeks which is why they have been raising it continuously. The government have pushing back and trying to blame the staff for using it incorrectly and have the media reporting their account while NHS staff going to the press could well face disciplinary action for speaking out.

This PPE situation has been brewing for ages, frontline NHS staff are being put at risk and it’s disgraceful. By changing and “diluting” the guidance the Government can make a PPE last longer and go further, but it increases risk.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52335561

It’s disgraceful.

The truth is starting to come out now.
They will blaming anyone they can now
Corona Virus on 11:00 - Apr 18 with 1290 viewsKilkennyjack

Corona Virus on 08:55 - Apr 18 by Catullus

Bojo and Trump, what a double act. Still, it could be worse......or could it?

You cant gaslight a pandemic so these clowns are fecked.

Beware of the Risen People

Corona Virus on 11:04 - Apr 18 with 1286 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

PPE in Japan, they are asking for raincoats

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-japan-raincoats/lacking-pro
[Post edited 18 Apr 2020 11:04]

Corona Virus on 11:04 - Apr 18 with 1284 viewsmajorraglan

Lots of papers leading on the potential for a vaccine by September which is good news, some carrying the PPE on the front page but not many.

The Daily Telegraph is reporting Care England an umbrella group representing care homes has collated data suggesting as many as 7,500 residents have died from Covid 19, 5 x times higher than their previous estimate and significantly higher than the 217 deaths recorded by the ONS up to the 3rd of April.

The DT article states that Care England represents 3500 homes with over 50,000 residents, if the 7500 deaths is correct that’s a staggering amount of lives lost, many many families will have lost loved ones.
Corona Virus on 11:46 - Apr 18 with 1251 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 09:14 - Apr 18 by Nortbankboy

Sorry,it's in The Times today

In the Times! Are there decent journo's anywhere anymore? I always thought the Times was straight so unless the gov.uk page is lying....it's possible, where there's politicians there's lies.

Corona Virus on 11:48 - Apr 18 with 1248 viewsCooperman

Corona Virus on 11:04 - Apr 18 by majorraglan

Lots of papers leading on the potential for a vaccine by September which is good news, some carrying the PPE on the front page but not many.

The Daily Telegraph is reporting Care England an umbrella group representing care homes has collated data suggesting as many as 7,500 residents have died from Covid 19, 5 x times higher than their previous estimate and significantly higher than the 217 deaths recorded by the ONS up to the 3rd of April.

The DT article states that Care England represents 3500 homes with over 50,000 residents, if the 7500 deaths is correct that’s a staggering amount of lives lost, many many families will have lost loved ones.

Got any links to the September vaccine plan?

I’m feeling a little bit down today so could do with reading something positive.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Corona Virus on 11:49 - Apr 18 with 1243 viewsDr_Winston

Corona Virus on 11:04 - Apr 18 by JACKMANANDBOY

PPE in Japan, they are asking for raincoats

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-japan-raincoats/lacking-pro
[Post edited 18 Apr 2020 11:04]

There are Global supply issues for this stuff. Perils of putting all your eggs into one manufacturing basket so to speak.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Corona Virus on 12:29 - Apr 18 with 1207 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona Virus on 11:49 - Apr 18 by Dr_Winston

There are Global supply issues for this stuff. Perils of putting all your eggs into one manufacturing basket so to speak.

Yes, not sure where the raw materials come from.

Corona Virus on 12:42 - Apr 18 with 1199 viewssP7qupUf

Corona Virus on 11:49 - Apr 18 by Dr_Winston

Interesting that it is China who seems to manufacture most of it. Good business for stimulating their economy.
Corona Virus on 13:50 - Apr 18 with 1156 viewsDr_Winston

Corona Virus on 12:42 - Apr 18 by sP7qupUf

Interesting that it is China who seems to manufacture most of it. Good business for stimulating their economy.

They've built themselves up into one of the wealthiest nations on Earth in the last 30-40 years by making themselves into the sweatshop capital. Much like the UK did during the Industrial Revolution.

Be interesting to see how/if that changes once this is over. Think a few nations will be asking themselves how much business or dependence they want to have with the Chinese Government.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Corona Virus on 13:52 - Apr 18 with 1704 viewsbuilthjack

Corona Virus on 13:50 - Apr 18 by Dr_Winston

They've built themselves up into one of the wealthiest nations on Earth in the last 30-40 years by making themselves into the sweatshop capital. Much like the UK did during the Industrial Revolution.

Be interesting to see how/if that changes once this is over. Think a few nations will be asking themselves how much business or dependence they want to have with the Chinese Government.

If it's cheap they will buy it

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024