Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 425153 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 17:23 - May 11 with 1058 viewssP7qupUf

Corona Virus on 16:01 - May 11 by lifelong

Embarrassing listening to Boris, it’s difficult not to turn it off.

I noticed that he made no response whatsoever to the question asked by Stamer and the SNP guy on the exact timescales on quarantines being introduced at the airports/ports etc. It was as if they were not asked... he totally ignored the question.
Corona Virus on 17:25 - May 11 with 1052 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 15:54 - May 11 by jasper_T

Why not sell your house if you don't need it? By holding on to it you drive up the cost of housing whether you intend it or not, that's basic supply vs demand. If you charge more in rent than it costs you then you are leeching a profit from the transaction.

Private renting will always exist, there is a need for it, but it's a massive industry and plays a huge role in growing wealth inequality. Young people who could have entered onto the property ladder starting out 30-40 years ago become lifelong renters now, the cost of housing is so high.

What if, and it's just a thought but what if he moved back in with family/parents because of losing a job or another financial problem and rents the house out to pay the mortgage until back on his feet?
People who own 1/2 houses besides the family home aren't really the problem. It's people like the Duke of Westminster who own hundreds of properties/business premises. In Swansea there is a man who owns around 200 properties, he's built and built, worked very hard and now he's a millionaire, people like him are part of the problem but isn't the system that allows this to happen the real problem? You can't tell people if you work very hard you can be rich and then punish them for that hard work.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 17:33 - May 11 with 1032 viewslonglostjack

Corona Virus on 17:23 - May 11 by sP7qupUf

I noticed that he made no response whatsoever to the question asked by Stamer and the SNP guy on the exact timescales on quarantines being introduced at the airports/ports etc. It was as if they were not asked... he totally ignored the question.

He’ll be addressing that question during the second phase of the disease err... of the fight against the disease. Anybody else hear that Freudian slip?
[Post edited 11 May 2020 18:38]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Corona Virus on 17:50 - May 11 with 992 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 17:04 - May 11 by controversial_jack

If everyone is to go back to work it will ramp up as is the intention. This govt is pursuing a herd immunity through the back door. It has learned nothing at all over the last few months

Everyone is not going back to work though. Retail, hospitality, leisure is not going back to work.

I feel like I’m living in a parallel universe where everyone that’s been working throughout this is just being ignored.

Loads of people have been working for weeks. Places shut down for a bit to get them safe, or as safe as can be, and then people went back to work. Everyone here is pretending no ones been working throughout. Where the hell does everyone think their stuff is coming from? Food, drink, stuff they’ve been buying online? Water, utilities, public services? Infrastructure, railways, roads?

In many countries schools are open. Shops are open. Restaurants are open. Are they all pushing herd immunity? We’re not doing that as we’ve been behind but what the hell do people expect? Everyone to stay home for another 6 - 12 months on 80%?
Corona Virus on 18:05 - May 11 with 975 viewscontroversial_jack

Corona Virus on 17:09 - May 11 by sainthelens

With the vast amount of nationwide field hospitals now virtually empty, I've a feeling the Govt will be content with a potential 2nd peak knowing it won't overwhelm the NHS. There'll be a bed for anyone.

It's not the beds that are the problem, it's getting enough fit and healthy staff
Corona Virus on 18:10 - May 11 with 965 viewscontroversial_jack

Corona Virus on 17:50 - May 11 by londonlisa2001

Everyone is not going back to work though. Retail, hospitality, leisure is not going back to work.

I feel like I’m living in a parallel universe where everyone that’s been working throughout this is just being ignored.

Loads of people have been working for weeks. Places shut down for a bit to get them safe, or as safe as can be, and then people went back to work. Everyone here is pretending no ones been working throughout. Where the hell does everyone think their stuff is coming from? Food, drink, stuff they’ve been buying online? Water, utilities, public services? Infrastructure, railways, roads?

In many countries schools are open. Shops are open. Restaurants are open. Are they all pushing herd immunity? We’re not doing that as we’ve been behind but what the hell do people expect? Everyone to stay home for another 6 - 12 months on 80%?

The plan is to get as many back to work as possible, but of course, you know differently

The other countries are weeks ahead of us, so there's no comparison
Corona Virus on 18:32 - May 11 with 934 viewsNeath_Jack

This going back to work stuff, he specifically used construction workers and manufacturing in his waffle last night. Both those industries never stopped (on the whole) working, mainly due the Government stating that they were to keep operating right from the beginning.

On the tube / coat issue - BBC News at 6 just showed one of the stations in London this morning, most were wearing coats, both padded and other types.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Corona Virus on 18:35 - May 11 with 923 viewsSwanjaxs

Corona Virus on 18:32 - May 11 by Neath_Jack

This going back to work stuff, he specifically used construction workers and manufacturing in his waffle last night. Both those industries never stopped (on the whole) working, mainly due the Government stating that they were to keep operating right from the beginning.

On the tube / coat issue - BBC News at 6 just showed one of the stations in London this morning, most were wearing coats, both padded and other types.

Wearing coats in May ffs! Southern softies 😡

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 18:54 - May 11 with 889 viewsperplex

Corona Virus on 19:23 - May 10 by longlostjack

I trust the virologists. Oxford, Imperial, Karolinska, Robert Koch and Charité for example. They want the critical R value down to 0.3 to make the virus more manageable before unlocking and they are the fecking experts. It’ll cost the economy more in the long run if there’s a second wave and subsequent lockdown. Then there’s this which sums it up.

Dr David Hepburn, an intensive consultant in Wales, tweeted: “Just watched the conga lines/street parties on the news. The nation has lost its fecking mind. We’re strapping in for the second wave. “I’m so, so tired, and so pissed off. We’ve had a few days of respite and I was starting to feel hopeful. Can’t believe I was so naïve.”

Same in Germany Dr Hepburn. Stupidity knows no boundries.
[Post edited 10 May 2020 19:24]

Then you have the likes of Sweden who did not lock down and have only 3000 deaths out of a 12 mill or so population, also the number of deaths have been dropping for a while now, but I suppose we will find out in the future if the lockdown will have done more harm than good in the long run, and meanwhile I will be going to keep an open mind.
Corona Virus on 19:13 - May 11 with 856 viewsexiledclaseboy

Listening to Johnson again now it’s crystal clear what’s allowed and not allowed in England. Oh no, it is my. He doesn’t seem to know himself.

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 19:16 - May 11 with 850 viewsNeath_Jack

And this meeting one member of your family whilst out exercising, is complete and utter bollocks as well.

You can go out, and exercise with 50 strangers, but not 2 members of your family.

Do you know what, I think I'm just about done with it all now.

An absolute and utter shambles.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Corona Virus on 19:19 - May 11 with 841 viewsPegojack

Johnson on his live broadcast now. He hasn't got a feckin clue. No wonder they recorded his Sunday broadcast. The man is a disaster and an embarrassment.
Corona Virus on 19:19 - May 11 with 837 viewsNeath_Jack

Stay at home if you can, otherwise go to work

F*ckinghell.

Corona Virus on 19:21 - May 11 with 825 viewsPhil_S

If he is in downing street could someone ask him if he wore a coat this morning, may clear up the tube issue
Corona Virus on 19:22 - May 11 with 825 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 19:16 - May 11 by Neath_Jack

And this meeting one member of your family whilst out exercising, is complete and utter bollocks as well.

You can go out, and exercise with 50 strangers, but not 2 members of your family.

Do you know what, I think I'm just about done with it all now.

An absolute and utter shambles.

But you can have a nice game of singles tennis or a game of golf with mater or pater. Tally ho eh what. Chin chin.

You should also go back to work but you might not be able to cos you have no one to look after your kids and even if you have you can’t use public transport so you might not be able to get there.

Or something.

Corona Virus on 19:24 - May 11 with 812 viewsexiledclaseboy

Three questions asked, three questions avoided.

Corona Virus on 19:27 - May 11 with 806 viewsNeath_Jack

This is his worst performance so far.

Just sitting here shaking my bonce.
[Post edited 11 May 2020 19:27]

Corona Virus on 19:28 - May 11 with 801 viewsexiledclaseboy

The first 20 pages of the 50 page (it’s actually 60) “plan” consist of the government congratulating itself on how well it’s done so far.

Corona Virus on 19:30 - May 11 with 782 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 19:27 - May 11 by Neath_Jack

It’s lamentable.

Corona Virus on 19:30 - May 11 with 782 viewsPegojack

Nice bit of French there, Boris. You might as well speak in French, no-one knows what the feck you're on about anyway.
Corona Virus on 19:32 - May 11 with 766 viewsNortbankboy

Corona Virus on 19:30 - May 11 by Pegojack

Nice bit of French there, Boris. You might as well speak in French, no-one knows what the feck you're on about anyway.

Boris the bluffer
Corona Virus on 19:32 - May 11 with 766 viewsSwanjaxs

Corona Virus on 19:27 - May 11 by Neath_Jack

Donald Trump lite version.

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Corona Virus on 19:33 - May 11 with 759 viewsjack2jack

Comforting news there that there is still no vaccine for SARS........after 18 years!
Strap yourselves in everyone!
Corona Virus on 19:34 - May 11 with 755 viewsNeath_Jack

Corona Virus on 19:28 - May 11 by exiledclaseboy

The first 20 pages of the 50 page (it’s actually 60) “plan” consist of the government congratulating itself on how well it’s done so far.

I downloaded it when i got home, i scrolled the first few pages and felt my blood boiling, so put it aside for another time.

Corona Virus on 19:34 - May 11 with 750 viewsmagicdaps10

Let's be fair, all these easing of agendas have been happening for weeks.

People going to houses from other households.
People going to meet people in parks etc
Construction workers going to work
Garden centres being open
People driving to places for "exercise"

Let's face it, these lifted rules have been ignored since the start by people.... By saying they can now do them will just make people push on further than they have already.

As for the tube discussion, have we decided or worked out if it was quiet or busy yet!?
[Post edited 11 May 2020 19:35]

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024