Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 435641 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 20:11 - May 29 with 1439 viewsGlyn1

Corona Virus on 21:04 - May 28 by Jack123

Well for the first time in about 30 years the wife has punched me in the face, she suffers from anxiety and depression , I'm quite hurt, bang punch for no reason, she really is going over the top, and worrying, she just said your food is in the microwave now, fck me, could you imagine hitting a woman and saying that!! I really felt like leaving her earlier on.

Edit I should say this is all connected to her worries over covid.
[Post edited 28 May 2020 21:08]

I'm really so sorry to hear this.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Corona Virus on 20:23 - May 29 with 1425 viewsJack123

Corona Virus on 20:11 - May 29 by Glyn1

I'm really so sorry to hear this.

Thank you, all ok when i woke up this morning, she apologised for doing what she did, I'm happy with that, but she just needs to stop looking at the bbc news, I have told her countless times. i do forgive her, she has quite a few underlying health conditions, which if I put my self in her boots, I guess i would be scared too. Married life eh? :)
[Post edited 29 May 2020 20:40]

libera nos a malo

Corona Virus on 20:27 - May 29 with 1417 viewscontroversial_jack

Corona Virus on 18:33 - May 29 by dickythorpe

324 further deaths today.

Still getting 2,000 new cases per day.Roughly 3 to 4 times higher than comparative European countries.
Corona Virus on 20:40 - May 29 with 1404 viewsmajorraglan

Corona Virus on 17:14 - May 29 by Glyn1

The day I trust any medical advice from the Daily Mail or the Daily Express is when hell freezes over.

And in other news, Brendan Rodgers and his wife had the corona virus earlier this month.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/brendan-rodgers-leicester-city-boss-rev

Are there any people on this forum who have had it, or who personally know people who have had it?
[Post edited 29 May 2020 17:14]

I think I have had it after coming back from Malta, but until the antibody is available I won’t know. I had a stinging in the nose, body was aching for a few days, cough, bad throat and a kind of stinging and burning in my windpipe down to my lungs along with a shortness of breath walking. Wife was also ill with similar symptoms, youngest who is asthmatic had a shortness of breath and his pulse oximeter readings dipped, the eldest son hasn’t had any issues even though we all live in the same house.
A Girl in work was very ill, had all the classic Covid19 symptoms but tested negative, her boyfriend who lives with her who had the same symptoms tested positive. She was told she may have been in the recovery phase and the test was done too late. One of Er indoors mangers has had it (confirmed by test result), sickness, temperature and generally felt as rough as a dog. Mate in work lost his gran to it, she was living in care home.
[Post edited 29 May 2020 21:48]
Corona Virus on 20:50 - May 29 with 1389 viewscontroversial_jack

Corona Virus on 20:40 - May 29 by majorraglan

I think I have had it after coming back from Malta, but until the antibody is available I won’t know. I had a stinging in the nose, body was aching for a few days, cough, bad throat and a kind of stinging and burning in my windpipe down to my lungs along with a shortness of breath walking. Wife was also ill with similar symptoms, youngest who is asthmatic had a shortness of breath and his pulse oximeter readings dipped, the eldest son hasn’t had any issues even though we all live in the same house.
A Girl in work was very ill, had all the classic Covid19 symptoms but tested negative, her boyfriend who lives with her who had the same symptoms tested positive. She was told she may have been in the recovery phase and the test was done too late. One of Er indoors mangers has had it (confirmed by test result), sickness, temperature and generally felt as rough as a dog. Mate in work lost his gran to it, she was living in care home.
[Post edited 29 May 2020 21:48]

Our family had something late December - I hate to miss the Luton away trip, despite buying all my beer ready.

A bad dry cough, that made me throw up when trying to clear my chest.Shivers for 2 days, and just a bit of the sweats. No energy, no appetite and a resting heart rate of 100 bpm.

It took me months to really clear the cough and it kept recurring from time to time

My wife had similar and my 87 year old mother did. The docs couldn't find out what was wrong with my mother and put it down to a virus in the lungs

My wife works on the Covid ward in our local hosp, and she's convinced we had it.I would like to find out if a test becomes available
Corona Virus on 21:03 - May 29 with 1379 viewsDr_Winston

First confirmed French death was at the end of December. Don't doubt for a second that if most Western European countries did some digging they'd find cases/deaths from around the same time that were put down as flu or pneumonia.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Corona Virus on 21:12 - May 29 with 1370 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 20:50 - May 29 by controversial_jack

Our family had something late December - I hate to miss the Luton away trip, despite buying all my beer ready.

A bad dry cough, that made me throw up when trying to clear my chest.Shivers for 2 days, and just a bit of the sweats. No energy, no appetite and a resting heart rate of 100 bpm.

It took me months to really clear the cough and it kept recurring from time to time

My wife had similar and my 87 year old mother did. The docs couldn't find out what was wrong with my mother and put it down to a virus in the lungs

My wife works on the Covid ward in our local hosp, and she's convinced we had it.I would like to find out if a test becomes available

Problem of course is without a diagnostic test you don’t Know. This has been a problem in RCT, the rumour that it was circulating before Christmas
And people then wrongly thinking they were immune. As well as flu there has been an epidemic of Mycoplasma ( a type of bacteria) in Wales and the NW which causes prolonged respiratory problems but treatable with the right antibiotics. It may be some of us have been infected but be careful guys- serology surveys are suggesting around 7-10% have
Corona Virus on 21:59 - May 29 with 1340 viewsmonmouth

Corona Virus on 20:23 - May 29 by Jack123

Thank you, all ok when i woke up this morning, she apologised for doing what she did, I'm happy with that, but she just needs to stop looking at the bbc news, I have told her countless times. i do forgive her, she has quite a few underlying health conditions, which if I put my self in her boots, I guess i would be scared too. Married life eh? :)
[Post edited 29 May 2020 20:40]

The news boils my piss too. She can come over and punch some cyclists if she wants mate.

No, I know it's not funny. I hope she gets through it, and you too,

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 22:04 - May 29 with 1330 viewscontroversial_jack

Corona Virus on 21:12 - May 29 by Professor

Problem of course is without a diagnostic test you don’t Know. This has been a problem in RCT, the rumour that it was circulating before Christmas
And people then wrongly thinking they were immune. As well as flu there has been an epidemic of Mycoplasma ( a type of bacteria) in Wales and the NW which causes prolonged respiratory problems but treatable with the right antibiotics. It may be some of us have been infected but be careful guys- serology surveys are suggesting around 7-10% have

I have taken as much care as i can and not assuming I have immunity.My mother had blood tests and was treated with antibiotics and steroids, and they did nothing for her. Time was the only thing that worked, but i was concerned at the time, but if we had known of covid19 at the time, we would have been very concerned.
Corona Virus on 22:32 - May 29 with 1312 viewskarnataka

Corona Virus on 20:27 - May 29 by controversial_jack

Still getting 2,000 new cases per day.Roughly 3 to 4 times higher than comparative European countries.

Well, if what seems like 50% of the population have given up with lockdown, its probably going to stay at that level for several more months. The wife and I went to Clevedon this morning for an early walk before it got too hot and before there were too many people about so they were easier to avoid. We were gobsmacked that by 8.00am there were already about 50-60 people swimming and playing in the marine lake including groups of youngsters and groups of adults who clearly had no intention of social distancing. God knows what it was like there in the afternoon when it was in the mid-20s°C. As you correctly point out, it isn't going away any time soon.
Corona Virus on 22:36 - May 29 with 1307 viewsDr_Winston

Corona Virus on 22:32 - May 29 by karnataka

Well, if what seems like 50% of the population have given up with lockdown, its probably going to stay at that level for several more months. The wife and I went to Clevedon this morning for an early walk before it got too hot and before there were too many people about so they were easier to avoid. We were gobsmacked that by 8.00am there were already about 50-60 people swimming and playing in the marine lake including groups of youngsters and groups of adults who clearly had no intention of social distancing. God knows what it was like there in the afternoon when it was in the mid-20s°C. As you correctly point out, it isn't going away any time soon.

Is that necessarily a bad thing?

The whole point of lockdown as initially sold was to flatten the curve and avoid overwhelming the NHS. Given that most of the Nightingale facilities are emptier than Donald Trump's head then that's mission accomplished.

Until a vaccine is sorted we probably need a low level of virus transmission.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Corona Virus on 22:48 - May 29 with 1295 viewskarnataka

Corona Virus on 22:36 - May 29 by Dr_Winston

The whole point of lockdown as initially sold was to flatten the curve and avoid overwhelming the NHS. Given that most of the Nightingale facilities are emptier than Donald Trump's head then that's mission accomplished.

I understand what you're saying but imo it's too much too soon and I think that's backed up by current infection rates and I'm not comfortable with it. Maybe it's because I don't live in an urban area and I have a different perspective, I don't know, but if it is too much too soon, it's not going to help.
[Post edited 29 May 2020 22:51]
Corona Virus on 22:56 - May 29 with 1288 viewsDr_Winston

Corona Virus on 22:48 - May 29 by karnataka

I understand what you're saying but imo it's too much too soon and I think that's backed up by current infection rates and I'm not comfortable with it. Maybe it's because I don't live in an urban area and I have a different perspective, I don't know, but if it is too much too soon, it's not going to help.
[Post edited 29 May 2020 22:51]

I think we need to be more concerned about viral transmission indoors than outdoors. Think the WG has missed a trick in not allowing people to do as much as they want in parks, beaches, campsites etc as long as they maintain distancing.

One branch of Tesco or ASDA on a Saturday afternoon has more chance of being a big factor in Covid transmission than a packed beach IMO.

Corona Virus on 23:03 - May 29 with 1280 viewsswan65split

Corona Virus on 22:36 - May 29 by Dr_Winston

my view on it is there is a need to get back to some sort of normality manufacturing , etc even schooling, as otherwise the loss of jobs and what goes with it is frightening........though my biggest fear is that far too many are acting and behaving as if there is nothing too worry about, or its over! But , i am aware that people have been tested positive without any symptoms, and that is a very worrying thing, so social distancing and being sensible and cleaning etc is essential, otherwise, the next wave will be ???!!!

As to this lot in charge, and the health officials I have lost all trust , they are gambling.
Corona Virus on 23:10 - May 29 with 1275 viewskarnataka

Corona Virus on 22:56 - May 29 by Dr_Winston

I think we need to be more concerned about viral transmission indoors than outdoors. Think the WG has missed a trick in not allowing people to do as much as they want in parks, beaches, campsites etc as long as they maintain distancing.

One branch of Tesco or ASDA on a Saturday afternoon has more chance of being a big factor in Covid transmission than a packed beach IMO.

I'm not entirely convinced about that. Our local Tesco still has everything well under control and for that reason, just about everyone I encounter in there always behaves appropriately with regards to distancing and personal space and at least a third of them wear masks. I personally feel much safer there than I do in a more crowded and uncontrolled environment. I think the biggest threat at the moment is complacency.
Corona Virus on 23:21 - May 29 with 1263 viewsLeonWasGod

Corona Virus on 23:03 - May 29 by swan65split

my view on it is there is a need to get back to some sort of normality manufacturing , etc even schooling, as otherwise the loss of jobs and what goes with it is frightening........though my biggest fear is that far too many are acting and behaving as if there is nothing too worry about, or its over! But , i am aware that people have been tested positive without any symptoms, and that is a very worrying thing, so social distancing and being sensible and cleaning etc is essential, otherwise, the next wave will be ???!!!

As to this lot in charge, and the health officials I have lost all trust , they are gambling.

Tough one. Lockdown and incomes dry up. Stay open during a global pandemic and lives go. I’d like to think lives are the most important, but livelihoods obviously are too. And as heartless as it sounds economics sometimes has to come first (we accept deaths all the time because the benefits are seen as greater than the cost - e.g. road deaths).

Hard to make calls on this and to get us all on side. Which is why genuine scientific advice, transparency and trust in an open and accountable govt are so important.
Corona Virus on 23:40 - May 29 with 1246 viewsDJack

Corona Virus on 11:15 - May 29 by A_Fans_Dad

It looks like I am not the only one that thinks that study was crap.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8368649/Fury-study-halted-global-Covid-

And this one puts a nail in your HCQ and Erythromycin ( a macrolide apparently) coffin...

https://www.thelancet.com/pdfs/journals/lancet/PIIS0140-6736(20)31180-6.pdf

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Corona Virus on 23:40 - May 29 with 1247 viewsProfessor

Corona Virus on 22:04 - May 29 by controversial_jack

I have taken as much care as i can and not assuming I have immunity.My mother had blood tests and was treated with antibiotics and steroids, and they did nothing for her. Time was the only thing that worked, but i was concerned at the time, but if we had known of covid19 at the time, we would have been very concerned.

Sounds very similar to me. Was really ill September and October. Starting to get better but cracked a rib falling in Anglesey. Symptoms match Covid. Four courses of
Antibiotics here and in Thailand. We were all ill early Feb- after a
Meeting involving lots of Chinese virologists!
Corona Virus on 10:21 - May 30 with 1154 viewsdickythorpe

Corona Virus on 18:49 - May 29 by londonlisa2001

Reported today.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EZHY-vaX0AEL9IH?format=jpg&name=medium

That's 324 deaths, 324 families that are going through hell.
It was a similar number the day before and the day before.....yet England is safe to reopen?

Glad I live here.
Corona Virus on 10:59 - May 30 with 1133 viewschad

Corona Virus on 11:17 - May 30 with 1112 viewsDr_Winston

Corona Virus on 23:10 - May 29 by karnataka

I'm not entirely convinced about that. Our local Tesco still has everything well under control and for that reason, just about everyone I encounter in there always behaves appropriately with regards to distancing and personal space and at least a third of them wear masks. I personally feel much safer there than I do in a more crowded and uncontrolled environment. I think the biggest threat at the moment is complacency.

It's still indoors with less UV/wind to disperse any residual droplets. The principle is there though. If it's safe enough to go to Wyevale or Llansamlet tip it should be safe enough to go to Langland or Fendrod Lake.

Corona Virus on 11:35 - May 30 with 1097 viewslondonlisa2001

Corona Virus on 10:21 - May 30 by dickythorpe

That's 324 deaths, 324 families that are going through hell.
It was a similar number the day before and the day before.....yet England is safe to reopen?

Glad I live here.

Of course it’s 324 deaths and families going through hell. No one is disputing that. It’s just factually incorrect that they happened yesterday as you keep repeating. It’s the reporting catching up.

In exactly the same way as Spain didn’t actually have 10,000 deaths on Wednesday. Their reporting caught up and that number were added to the total on that day.

If you look at the graph which shows days reported compared to days it happened, it’s all over the place.

The figures for deaths occurring by the day they happened rather than day reported have been available for weeks and weeks. I’ve posted the link (for England - I don’t have the Wales equivalent) here a number of times. It’s far more illuminating as to the actual state of play. You keep ignoring it.

You may be glad you live there - I’m sure it’s loads nicer and feels a lot safer than living here in a huge city, but Wales is opening exactly the same as England apart from distance to travel and I’ve said why that’s such an issue here with much bigger cities.

The schools opening is a different matter. I’ve no idea whether they are safe or not.

I do know that three or four weeks ago I was very concerned about the messaging loosening, people going to beaches etc and, in particular the VE Day parties. I was wrong, as there has been no discernible spike caused by any of that.

But do you know what, in England, Wales, or anywhere else, it’s not an instruction to go out. You can stay in as much as you want to feel safe. So feeling safe because the government says something is a nonsense. Everyone here can stay completely, 100% safe, by simply staying in.
Corona Virus on 11:46 - May 30 with 1085 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 23:40 - May 29 by DJack

And this one puts a nail in your HCQ and Erythromycin ( a macrolide apparently) coffin...

https://www.thelancet.com/pdfs/journals/lancet/PIIS0140-6736(20)31180-6.pdf

Djack, sorry, but that is the study being criticized in my link.
[Post edited 30 May 2020 11:50]
Corona Virus on 11:48 - May 30 with 1080 viewslonglostjack

Corona Virus on 22:56 - May 29 by Dr_Winston

That’s clearly the opinion here. Swimming pools are reopening for example and the beer gardens are doing a good trade. The town of Bremerhaven (population 112,000) had been reporting only about two new cases a day. Yesterday they reported 44 all of whom had attended a church service. (Happy clappies).

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Corona Virus on 11:54 - May 30 with 1064 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 17:14 - May 29 by Glyn1

The day I trust any medical advice from the Daily Mail or the Daily Express is when hell freezes over.

And in other news, Brendan Rodgers and his wife had the corona virus earlier this month.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/brendan-rodgers-leicester-city-boss-rev

Are there any people on this forum who have had it, or who personally know people who have had it?
[Post edited 29 May 2020 17:14]

Is the actual Study good enough for you?

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0091674920307387
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024