Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona Virus 22:39 - Mar 7 with 437992 viewsSgorioFruit

Sorry for new thread,
But how bad do you lot reckon it’s going to get here in the UK?
I just been watching the news. Looking nasty in Italy.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Corona Virus on 20:10 - Mar 15 with 2217 viewsJack_Meoff

Corona Virus on 19:53 - Mar 15 by monmouth

It was a her, and then she wouldn’t have made me a cup of tea when we got home.

Da iawn

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Corona Virus on 20:12 - Mar 15 with 2210 viewsJack123

What I don't understand, is why even let it get to stage it is now? From the first reports that came out of Wuhan, the media were talking about how serious this was, why not put the whole world on complete lock down for 2-3 weeks, surely it would have been better, than like some countries are doing now, with thousands infected.

It's just a thought, but i would have thought, that all the boffins in the world would have come out with a better way of combating the spread than they have.

libera nos a malo

Corona Virus on 20:13 - Mar 15 with 2205 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 17:13 - Mar 15 by A_Fans_Dad

Should the plan have killed 100,000 instead of say 10,000 I would consider that negligent manslaughter by him and his experts, not "nurder".
Using the public for an experiment that the rest of the world would not condone does not sound like good statemanship to me.
You are free to disagree and I am not pushing my view on you, just esxplaining my position on the subject.
Although you do say "the only thing that is acceptable is keeping the death toll as low as possible.".

Not many on here have mentioned treatment, of which there are quite a few showing promise at reducing the symptoms especially remdesivir.
Scientists are even looking at the affect of anti-malarial drugs based on Quinine on inhibiting this virus. Which of course is very cheap.

AH soory, a tipo! Excuse the sarcasm but there is difference between a typo and using completely the wrong word.

You are accusing Bojo of conducting an experiment and you are not alone. My wife tells me there is a vertaible treasure trove of conspracy theorists out on facebook and it's complete nonsense.
Bojo is listening to the experts he believes in and one day he will know if he is right or wrong and will have to face the music accordingly.
Suggesting it is some kind of eugenics experiment is real tin foil hat territory.

Treatment is hardly mentioned because there isn't yet a viable vaccination, as far as I know. As soon as they have one I'm sure it will be all up on here.

This is where social media is a problem, some lunatic comes out with something and before you know it millions of people are reading it and thinking it's true. The original lunatic usually knows it's not at all true but wants the attention or has an agenda of their own and then thousands of feeble minded clowns fall for it.

Bojo is many things, unfaithful, a liar, a chancer but suggesting he's conducting a Nazi like experiment is rabble rousing of the worst kind.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Corona Virus on 20:16 - Mar 15 with 2186 viewsNeathJack

Corona Virus on 20:18 - Mar 15 with 2173 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Corona Virus on 20:13 - Mar 15 by Catullus

AH soory, a tipo! Excuse the sarcasm but there is difference between a typo and using completely the wrong word.

You are accusing Bojo of conducting an experiment and you are not alone. My wife tells me there is a vertaible treasure trove of conspracy theorists out on facebook and it's complete nonsense.
Bojo is listening to the experts he believes in and one day he will know if he is right or wrong and will have to face the music accordingly.
Suggesting it is some kind of eugenics experiment is real tin foil hat territory.

Treatment is hardly mentioned because there isn't yet a viable vaccination, as far as I know. As soon as they have one I'm sure it will be all up on here.

This is where social media is a problem, some lunatic comes out with something and before you know it millions of people are reading it and thinking it's true. The original lunatic usually knows it's not at all true but wants the attention or has an agenda of their own and then thousands of feeble minded clowns fall for it.

Bojo is many things, unfaithful, a liar, a chancer but suggesting he's conducting a Nazi like experiment is rabble rousing of the worst kind.

You misunderstand, the type of treatment I am talking about is with anti-viral drugs that reduce or delay the symptoms as in the new HIV drugs that allow HIV patients to live a fairly normal life now.
Corona Virus on 20:22 - Mar 15 with 2152 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 20:16 - Mar 15 by NeathJack

There’s a reason briefing papers of this nature are kept quiet. Whoever leaked it is an idiot and reporting it is fairly irresponsible.

Poll: Tory leader

Corona Virus on 20:27 - Mar 15 with 2130 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 20:22 - Mar 15 by exiledclaseboy

There’s a reason briefing papers of this nature are kept quiet. Whoever leaked it is an idiot and reporting it is fairly irresponsible.

I'd say it was criminal, this could cause a breakdown in law and order. Idiot is tame compared to what I'd call them.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Corona Virus on 20:28 - Mar 15 with 2125 viewsexiledclaseboy

Corona Virus on 20:27 - Mar 15 by Catullus

I'd say it was criminal, this could cause a breakdown in law and order. Idiot is tame compared to what I'd call them.

Possibly for the first time ever, I agree with you. And it may well be criminal anyway.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

Corona Virus on 20:30 - Mar 15 with 2110 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 20:18 - Mar 15 by A_Fans_Dad

You misunderstand, the type of treatment I am talking about is with anti-viral drugs that reduce or delay the symptoms as in the new HIV drugs that allow HIV patients to live a fairly normal life now.

They are experimenting with treatments like that though. Didn't France just announce that anti inflammatories could make the patient worse?

Don't mistake a lack of noise around treatment for inaction. I'm sure the medics are working hard on treatments but they won't say very much until they have something worth saying.

Corona Virus on 20:31 - Mar 15 with 2108 viewsDr_Winston

I'd suspect most Government plans have a best, worst and medium case scenario. Sounds like some dick has leaked the worst case.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Corona Virus on 20:34 - Mar 15 with 2085 viewsploppy

And Channel 4 News also need to act responsibly, as do all news outlets. Idiots all round.
Corona Virus on 20:45 - Mar 15 with 2042 viewsWingstandwood

Corona Virus on 20:31 - Mar 15 by Dr_Winston

I'd suspect most Government plans have a best, worst and medium case scenario. Sounds like some dick has leaked the worst case.

That may indeed be the worst case scenario. A case of IF the virus mutated maybe?

Professor Karol Sikora.... "Yet others seem to be hardly affected. So far, only about one in 20 of those infected require some sort of medical support, with the rest recovering after a few days."

I hope the media covers this in a responsible manner.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8113349/KAROL-SIKORA-Panic-fear-contagi

Argus!

Corona Virus on 21:20 - Mar 15 with 1975 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 20:28 - Mar 15 by exiledclaseboy

Possibly for the first time ever, I agree with you. And it may well be criminal anyway.

It's not the first time ever you just don't like admitting to it

I think I'll start a conspiracy theory now. What if this virus is a plan, what if it is Mother natures plan to thin out the elderly and very sick? What if Mother nature (go on call her evolution if you like) has decided the human population needs thinning out and this is a virus we have to learn to live with?

What if there never is a cure and we are back in a kind of pre-antibiotic existence where medicine cannot guarantee a cure?

It's as good a theory as the Bojo/eugenics sruff.

For clarity by pre-antibiotic I mean the historical period before AB's. I know AB's don't cure viruses

Corona Virus on 21:25 - Mar 15 with 1952 viewsCatullus

Corona Virus on 20:31 - Mar 15 by Dr_Winston

I agree and if only the worst case has been leaked then it's even more despicable and obviously (to myself at least) some sort of political agenda driven action.

If they find out who did this they should face instant dismissal, loss of benefits and if any apply, criminal charges.

People were up in arms about Bojo having a clear out and isn't this why he did it, because he knew there were people he couldn;t trust who would do whatever they could to hurt him.

Corona Virus on 22:11 - Mar 15 with 1867 viewsCooperman

Corona Virus on 21:20 - Mar 15 by Catullus

It's not the first time ever you just don't like admitting to it

I think I'll start a conspiracy theory now. What if this virus is a plan, what if it is Mother natures plan to thin out the elderly and very sick? What if Mother nature (go on call her evolution if you like) has decided the human population needs thinning out and this is a virus we have to learn to live with?

What if there never is a cure and we are back in a kind of pre-antibiotic existence where medicine cannot guarantee a cure?

It's as good a theory as the Bojo/eugenics sruff.

For clarity by pre-antibiotic I mean the historical period before AB's. I know AB's don't cure viruses

I think I will stick with the theory of the Chinese dude eating his bat sandwich.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Corona Virus on 22:39 - Mar 15 with 1817 viewsWxmJax

Can't we just get DGT/Thebus/Paul to tell them that he disagrees with those figures ?

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Corona Virus on 22:47 - Mar 15 with 1792 viewsLeonWasGod

We knew this anyway. They’ve been saying for a while they’re expecting up to 80% infection, and we can do the maths on what that means.

People have had plenty of opportunity to realise its serious.
Corona Virus on 22:51 - Mar 15 with 1776 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Corona Virus on 22:47 - Mar 15 by LeonWasGod

We knew this anyway. They’ve been saying for a while they’re expecting up to 80% infection, and we can do the maths on what that means.

Another conspiracy theory, if you tell everyone they are going to die on Sunday then say you can save yourself by isolating on Monday........

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Corona Virus on 23:16 - Mar 15 with 1742 viewsJack123

Corona Virus on 22:47 - Mar 15 by LeonWasGod

All those who have been saying for a while? For me, all those who have been saying for a while, are a bit like alan nixon off twitter, chuck a dart even blindfolded, and eventually it will hit the bull.

My only real concern about all this, is all the boffins in the world, failed to prevent it, and no measures at all put in force to prevent the spread, from the initial outbreak in Wuhan.

libera nos a malo

Corona Virus on 23:41 - Mar 15 with 1705 viewsmonmouth

Johnson and his boys need to answer the questions raised by Costello in the current guardian article. Even though no one knows the best approach long term the debate must be transparent.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/mar/15/uk-covid-19-strategy-quest

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Corona Virus on 23:53 - Mar 15 with 1681 viewsJack123

Corona Virus on 23:41 - Mar 15 by monmouth

Johnson and his boys need to answer the questions raised by Costello in the current guardian article. Even though no one knows the best approach long term the debate must be transparent.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/mar/15/uk-covid-19-strategy-quest

Good read that, feeling like a sitting duck here, mainly down to the governments stance on this, obviously I'm no scientist, but sometimes you get alarm bells ringing to say stop that's wrong.

libera nos a malo

Corona Virus on 00:23 - Mar 16 with 1644 viewsmajorraglan

Truth be told none of us know hw this will pan out, but as someone with elderly parents and a child who suffers with asthma I am concerned.

With hindsight, the Chinese in Wuhan could have gripped it sooner instead of having a word in the doctors ear, they and other countries around the world should have pulled up the drawbridge when this was in its infancy and it could have been contained, but the genie is now out of the bottle and to contain and eradicate Covid 19 is a huge task. It may be some countries may have been trying to protect their economies and concealing the extent of the issue, but in reality the huge “lockdowns” will cause massive damage and lots of businesses are going to fold and people will lose their livelihoods.

Things may have been gong on behind the scenes, but our response / preparation for this seems to have been very slow, talk today is about additional ventilators etc, these take time to build and they also need trained staff to operate them, this should have been actioned months ago.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2020 0:23]
Corona Virus on 05:51 - Mar 16 with 1571 viewssainthelens

This will last at least another 12 months. Catastrophic disruption will be forthcoming.
Corona Virus on 06:49 - Mar 16 with 1540 viewsDr_Winston

They've gone a bit "Supporter's Trust" at the minute.

They may well be doing the right thing, but they're doing a pretty piss poor job of keeping people informed as to why. Although much like the Supporter's Trust, there's a lot of eejits out there willing them to fail or who wouldn't understand it anyway.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Corona Virus on 07:31 - Mar 16 with 1495 viewsladyjack

Everything Costello says I have brought up on these pages because I've read about them, why are we not following China's lead on tackling the crisis ?, so far they seem to have done well, we are weeks behind them on the curve so we know what's likely to be coming as regards number of infected people yet we seem to be doing nothing.
Let's hope our lot know what they are doing but so far I have little faith in our ability to tackle the crisis due to our leadership and lack of resources.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024