Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? 11:08 - Mar 29 with 14800 viewsladyjack

If Keir Starmer wins the Labour leadership contest will people that did not vote Labour at the last General Election now vote for the Labour party ?
If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 22:47 - Mar 29 with 1468 viewsPozuelosSideys

Corbyn was supposed to have been gone in 2019. Given current events,its likely he will still be the Leader of the Labour party in August 2020 lol.

A royal stitch up on its way.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 22:52 - Mar 29 with 1459 viewsNotLoyal

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 15:39 - Mar 29 by Ebo

Milliband Mk2 mark my words.

Can't see it, he comes from a solid background, DPP etc. Milliiband was a damp squid, this boy is on the button.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 23:40 - Mar 29 with 1428 viewsbuilthjack

You heard it here first. Labour will walk the next election.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 03:42 - Mar 30 with 1389 viewsGlyn1

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 15:39 - Mar 29 by Ebo

Milliband Mk2 mark my words.

I hope so. He'd definitely get my vote if he is.

Keir Starmer and Angela Rayner could make a great team.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2020 3:46]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 07:49 - Mar 30 with 1356 viewswaynekerr55

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 12:49 - Mar 29 by monmouth

He needs to be pro eu. Berkshit will totally break this country on top of covid. Plus more people voted for pro eu parties in the election despite the spin put on it by the ideological zealots. The 'get done' bit resonated far more than the 'brexit' bit and when the reality hits, that will be exposed for what it is. Another empty slogan.

Anyway, without getting back to that crap, yes, non labour voters will vote for him. He looks like a tory and is only slightly left of centre so he will lose the real magicgramps nutters but, if he is crafty and, as warwick says, picks the proper 'influencers' rather than reptiles like the revolting Murphy, he will gain a lot more that were repelled by them. Like me, for instance.

Long bailey would end that party.

I saw a thread on Twitter that suggested if he does win, he will ask Jenny Formby and Carrie Murphy to resign.

Apparently Shamless Milne is living up to his name by negotiating himself a payoff. What a cúnt.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 07:50 - Mar 30 with 1355 viewswaynekerr55

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 22:10 - Mar 29 by oh_tommy_tommy

Here they are.....the who’s who of the people’s vote & anti democratic remainiacs.

That went well

Tommy, genuine question. If it was all the pro remainers that derailed Corbyn, how did Skinner and Flint lose their seats?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 08:30 - Mar 30 with 1343 viewsWarwickHunt

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 22:10 - Mar 29 by oh_tommy_tommy

Here they are.....the who’s who of the people’s vote & anti democratic remainiacs.

That went well

One advisory plebiscite supersedes democracy in perpetuity regardless of the clusterfûck it resulted in? Arf!

Own up to being a Brexiter/Lexiter, Tom. Your mate Corbyn was too. That went well...
If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 08:58 - Mar 30 with 1328 viewsWarwickHunt

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 17:14 - Mar 29 by Joe_bradshaw

The uncomfortable fact for the Labour Party is that, by the time of the next General Election, it will be 50 years since any Labour leader other than Anthony Charles Lynton Blair won a GE. Left wing experiments have resulted in their most crushing defeats in that period.

Yeah - but Murdoch, mun! 😂

A focus group of swing voters were asked about the free broadband policy - they responded with laughter.
Funny how lifelong Labour voters (and party members) deserted. The most damning things I read about Corbyn came from the left - Nick Cohen, Aaronovitch, Rawnsley, Hutton, Collins to name but a few.

Corbyn’s tv interviews were excruciating, the whole campaign was amateur hour. Resources spent on winning 80 Tory marginals 😂😂😂 instead of holding on to Labour marginals. A strategy that was only changed when it became obvious to even the most deluded that it was utterly bonkers and Boris was heading for a landslide.

Jeremy, here’s your arse, here’s your elbow - I don’t believe they’ve been introduced.

* cue “centrist/Blairite* ...
Login to get fewer ads

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 09:33 - Mar 30 with 1314 viewsWarwickHunt

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 22:52 - Mar 29 by NotLoyal

Can't see it, he comes from a solid background, DPP etc. Milliiband was a damp squid, this boy is on the button.

Squids usually are a bit damp.
If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 10:15 - Mar 30 with 1270 viewsEbo

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 08:58 - Mar 30 by WarwickHunt

Yeah - but Murdoch, mun! 😂

A focus group of swing voters were asked about the free broadband policy - they responded with laughter.
Funny how lifelong Labour voters (and party members) deserted. The most damning things I read about Corbyn came from the left - Nick Cohen, Aaronovitch, Rawnsley, Hutton, Collins to name but a few.

Corbyn’s tv interviews were excruciating, the whole campaign was amateur hour. Resources spent on winning 80 Tory marginals 😂😂😂 instead of holding on to Labour marginals. A strategy that was only changed when it became obvious to even the most deluded that it was utterly bonkers and Boris was heading for a landslide.

Jeremy, here’s your arse, here’s your elbow - I don’t believe they’ve been introduced.

* cue “centrist/Blairite* ...

Warwick, Murdoch will crush anyone who does not fall in line with what he wants, hence why Blair was a favourite of his.

Be prepared for a crushing disappointment.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 11:09 - Mar 30 with 1224 viewsWarwickHunt

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 10:15 - Mar 30 by Ebo

Warwick, Murdoch will crush anyone who does not fall in line with what he wants, hence why Blair was a favourite of his.

You can’t blame Murdoch for people laughing at his policies in focus groups, nor his abject appearances on tv, nor the woeful third rate cabinet he chose that lost votes every time they opened their mouths, nor Labour Party members and officials complaining about institutionalised anti-semitism being ignored, nor his pathetic performances at PMQs, nor his cowardice over Brexit...
If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 11:18 - Mar 30 with 1216 viewsFireboy2

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 11:09 - Mar 30 by WarwickHunt

You can’t blame Murdoch for people laughing at his policies in focus groups, nor his abject appearances on tv, nor the woeful third rate cabinet he chose that lost votes every time they opened their mouths, nor Labour Party members and officials complaining about institutionalised anti-semitism being ignored, nor his pathetic performances at PMQs, nor his cowardice over Brexit...

Whilst boris dodged questions on issues apart from shouting brexit all the time by hiding in a fridge.

Just saying.
If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 11:22 - Mar 30 with 1209 viewsmonmouth

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 11:18 - Mar 30 by Fireboy2

Whilst boris dodged questions on issues apart from shouting brexit all the time by hiding in a fridge.

Just saying.

Exactly, and the voters still trusted the tousled tosser ten times more than they had confidence in the cretin Corbyn.

Truth plus alliteration; what a way to start the day.

Hope everyone's well.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 11:31 - Mar 30 with 1201 viewsWarwickHunt

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 11:18 - Mar 30 by Fireboy2

Just saying.

Yep - even worse than a lying, egomaniacal, cowardly, unprincipled, nakedly populist, philandering bullshitter.

Took some doing, but Jezza managed it with ease.
If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 11:38 - Mar 30 with 1193 viewsDr_Winston

Murdoch seems to be a convenient excuse for Momentum types. They can blame him instead of Corbyn for the general public's utter rejection of Jezzer and his gang.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 11:48 - Mar 30 with 1174 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Just saying.

When you get thrashed and the team that thrashed you are clearly utter rubbish it should be apparent that your game needs some attention.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 12:28 - Mar 30 with 1157 viewsFireboy2

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 11:48 - Mar 30 by Joe_bradshaw

When you get thrashed and the team that thrashed you are clearly utter rubbish it should be apparent that your game needs some attention.

Very true, with brexit, that cvnt cummings and people who were hoodwinked by the media re corbyn it would have been closer.

If starmer gets in uses his brains the media will warm to him, if the tories continue to cut and let the people who lent him their vote you never know he might do enough to get labour in.
If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 17:58 - Mar 30 with 1108 viewsAce_Jack

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 11:38 - Mar 30 by Dr_Winston

Murdoch seems to be a convenient excuse for Momentum types. They can blame him instead of Corbyn for the general public's utter rejection of Jezzer and his gang.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Absolutely nothing has been his fault over the last five years. He’s played a blinder as leader of the opposition. As a lifelong euro skeptic, he’s finally seen us leave the EU.
If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 18:54 - Mar 30 with 1082 viewsWarwickHunt

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 17:58 - Mar 30 by Ace_Jack

Absolutely nothing has been his fault over the last five years. He’s played a blinder as leader of the opposition. As a lifelong euro skeptic, he’s finally seen us leave the EU.

Without having the bollox to say so. Honest politician my arse.
If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 21:16 - Mar 30 with 1037 viewsThrasher6

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 11:41 - Mar 29 by WarwickHunt

He’ll tear Boris a new one at PMQs. Not sure how much that will count for though.

Needs a Machiavellian figure like Campbell or Mandy behind the scenes instead of the earnest halfwits Corbyn used. More importantly, get rid of the third rate Cabinet deadwood and get the likes of Cooper, Benn and Creasy in from the backbenches. I cringe every time I see Abbott, Gardiner or Burgon on telly - I suspect I’m not alone.

Anyway, “events, dear boy, events” (as Macmillan didn’t say).
[Post edited 29 Mar 2020 11:53]

This.

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 22:22 - Mar 30 with 1000 viewsCatullus

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 10:15 - Mar 30 by Ebo

I said I wouldn't but, Murdoch will wait to see which way the wind is blowing and choose his side carefully to guarantee he's friendly with the winner, he did it before.

All those saying Starmer needs to be pro EU,

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2020/03/29/eu-project-mortal-danger-italy-s

Genuinely now, what if the EU collapses? None of us can know what the Pandemic will leave behind but the world will have changed. None of us can be sure of anything going forward.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 22:47 - Mar 30 with 991 viewsmajorraglan

Starmer strikes me as being an articulate, intelligent guy and I suspect he would have the edge of Boris at PMQs. He’s anti Brexit and pro EU which is slightly out of kilter with the “National mood” - I know some disagree and say pro EU parties got more votes etc, but the scores on the doors at the GE don’t reflect that. A Conservative Brexit Party romped home.

Labour have lost something like 4 elections on the bounce; it’s my belief that to win an election Labour need to move towards the middle ground and attract the floating voters in large numbers, staying out on the left will not do them any favours at all. If RBL is elected it is my belief they will remain in the political wilderness. I cannot understand the thinking in the Labour Party, surely having a moderate leader like Starmer and being in power (or very close to it) is better than having a hard left leader and being in the political wilderness, I just don't get it.

Some of the people in Labour’s higher echelons are deluded and in complete denial. I can remember seeing one of their MP’s being interviewed after they had just agreed to the GE in December, the MP was ecstatic and convinced they were going to beat Boris. I thought to myself she deluded and completely out of touch - she went on to lose her safe seat!!

I believe if Starmer adopts a populist agenda and Brexit doesn’t go well he is in with a good shout. Some policies which I think could prove to be popular and appeal to voters include:

1) Controls on Freedom of Movement / Immigration
2) Increased investment in the NHS
3) More incentive to work, for example Tax breaks for lower and middle income earners
4) Less incentive for people to be unemployed
5) Build more roads - electric cars etc
6) Better and cheaper public transport railways etc.
7) lower tuition fees.

Every country should have an effective opposition to ensure the government is held to account, otherwise you end up with a dictatorship or corrupt regime of which there are far too many.

Edit -typo
[Post edited 30 Mar 2020 23:39]
If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 23:31 - Mar 30 with 976 viewsFireboy2

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 22:47 - Mar 30 by majorraglan

Starmer strikes me as being an articulate, intelligent guy and I suspect he would have the edge of Boris at PMQs. He’s anti Brexit and pro EU which is slightly out of kilter with the “National mood” - I know some disagree and say pro EU parties got more votes etc, but the scores on the doors at the GE don’t reflect that. A Conservative Brexit Party romped home.

Labour have lost something like 4 elections on the bounce; it’s my belief that to win an election Labour need to move towards the middle ground and attract the floating voters in large numbers, staying out on the left will not do them any favours at all. If RBL is elected it is my belief they will remain in the political wilderness. I cannot understand the thinking in the Labour Party, surely having a moderate leader like Starmer and being in power (or very close to it) is better than having a hard left leader and being in the political wilderness, I just don't get it.

Some of the people in Labour’s higher echelons are deluded and in complete denial. I can remember seeing one of their MP’s being interviewed after they had just agreed to the GE in December, the MP was ecstatic and convinced they were going to beat Boris. I thought to myself she deluded and completely out of touch - she went on to lose her safe seat!!

I believe if Starmer adopts a populist agenda and Brexit doesn’t go well he is in with a good shout. Some policies which I think could prove to be popular and appeal to voters include:

3) More incentive to work, for example Tax breaks for lower and middle income earners
7) lower tuition fees.

Every country should have an effective opposition to ensure the government is held to account, otherwise you end up with a dictatorship or corrupt regime of which there are far too many.

Edit -typo

Major for PM
If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 00:39 - Mar 31 with 953 viewsGlyn1

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 23:31 - Mar 30 by Fireboy2

Major for PM

Starmer and his probable deputy Angela Rayner will be absolutely fine.

They won't give us as many jokes as Al Johnson (aka the artist known as 'Boris') will do, but that's fine. That's not what they are there for.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2020 0:40]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 09:41 - Mar 31 with 850 viewsCatullus

If Starmer gets in will non Labour voters (last election) vote for him ? on 22:47 - Mar 30 by majorraglan

7) lower tuition fees.

Edit -typo

I'm not sure about 4 and 5.

4, Whichever way you word it that is a crack down on welfare and there would be a BIg debate around that, a Labour leader advocating a welfare cut.

5, Do we need more roads or do we need to get cars off the road? If Corona has proved anything, its proved that a large chunk of the workforce can work from home. I was speaking with an HMRC bod in the Chemists queue Saturday afternoon, he said it turned out he can comfortably work from home, it saves him time and money AND he'd be there when the kids get home from school (when things get back to normal) which is surely better?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024