Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lawnmowers 18:43 - Apr 12 with 3785 viewsdickythorpe

Now my trusty Bosch gave up the ghost after 5 years, I'm a bit dismayed it went now and not later but in this current climate it's not that important.

Anywho, you good people on here are a fountain of untapped knowledge....... DISCUSS
Lawnmowers on 21:09 - Apr 12 with 1023 viewsmonmouth

Lawnmowers on 21:06 - Apr 12 by dickythorpe

One flymo I ever had, never again only lasted me a year. Brilliant for my forearms, "glides over grass" be fúcked!!! Had to lift it most of the time, anyone watching would have thought I was mowing quicksand!!

Finally put me out of my misery when it hovered through the cable....thank fúck I had a circuit breaker!!!

I chopped through a cable with a hedgetrimmer. That's when I decided electric wasn't for me.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Lawnmowers on 21:10 - Apr 12 with 1022 viewsexiledclaseboy

Lawnmowers on 21:09 - Apr 12 by monmouth

I chopped through a cable with a hedgetrimmer. That's when I decided electric wasn't for me.

I did that too. Twice. Got cordless now but the battery is shit.

Poll: Tory leader

Lawnmowers on 21:18 - Apr 12 with 998 viewsmonmouth

Lawnmowers on 21:10 - Apr 12 by exiledclaseboy

I did that too. Twice. Got cordless now but the battery is shit.

I got a mountfield tree cutter as a job lot with the mower. All a bit pricey for my taste really, but works really well,and I'm glad I have all of it. Battery lasts a good 45 mins and I got a free one with it, plus has a chainsaw attachment which will be useful for purposes it wasn't designed for if the lockdown lasts much longer.

Also has nice balance so a weakling like me can manage it on a ladder for the taller stuff.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Lawnmowers on 21:27 - Apr 12 with 979 viewsDJack

Lawnmowers on 21:09 - Apr 12 by monmouth

I cut though my hedgetrimmer cable whilst using it. Unfortunately for you lot even without an RCD I was left totally unscathed - a clean cut through.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Lawnmowers on 21:34 - Apr 12 with 962 viewsmajorraglan

How big is your law and how much do you want to pay?

I have a Hsqvarna with a Honda engine and it’s a decent machine. As well as the usual grass box it’s got a flap at the side you can lift to cut very long grass cut and it’s also able to mulch. These days with the council not collecting grass unless you pay extra, mulching saves a trip to the tip. Downside is it doesn’t have a roller and I don’t the nice stripes on the lawn.

Aldi have been selling a petrol mower for £180, it may be worth looking to see if there’s one left.
Lawnmowers on 21:36 - Apr 12 with 957 viewskarnataka

Lawnmowers on 20:37 - Apr 12 by DJack

I'm not getting involved this time.

I'm saying nothing.
Lawnmowers on 21:39 - Apr 12 with 948 viewsDJack

Lawnmowers on 21:36 - Apr 12 by karnataka

I'm saying nothing.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Lawnmowers on 21:44 - Apr 12 with 931 viewskarnataka

Lawnmowers on 21:27 - Apr 12 by DJack

I cut though my hedgetrimmer cable whilst using it. Unfortunately for you lot even without an RCD I was left totally unscathed - a clean cut through.

I've done that a few times too but we've got some cordless Ryobi stuff for work, hammer drill, grinder, etc and the batteries fit a whole range of different tools so I bought a Ryobi hedgetrimmer and a mini-chainsaw which were pretty reasonable prices without batteries and I borrow the work batteries when I need to. Replacement batteries are about £75 but if work is paying for them.......
Login to get fewer ads

Lawnmowers on 21:46 - Apr 12 with 921 viewsDJack

Lawnmowers on 21:44 - Apr 12 by karnataka

I've done that a few times too but we've got some cordless Ryobi stuff for work, hammer drill, grinder, etc and the batteries fit a whole range of different tools so I bought a Ryobi hedgetrimmer and a mini-chainsaw which were pretty reasonable prices without batteries and I borrow the work batteries when I need to. Replacement batteries are about £75 but if work is paying for them.......

...so that's how you own half of Wiltshire!

Lawnmowers on 21:51 - Apr 12 with 903 viewskarnataka

Lawnmowers on 21:46 - Apr 12 by DJack

...so that's how you own half of Wiltshire!

[er.... Somerset actually!]
Lawnmowers on 21:54 - Apr 12 with 894 viewsDJack

Lawnmowers on 21:51 - Apr 12 by karnataka

[er.... Somerset actually!]

That will make a few posters happy that I've got something else wrong.

Lawnmowers on 22:06 - Apr 12 with 872 viewssP7qupUf

Lawnmowers on 20:26 - Apr 12 by waynekerr55

I had a bargain from Wickes last February, 80 quid for a petrol one. Great bit of kit powered by Briggs and Straton engine.

How often do you change the oil in yours?

Only do it once a season.
Lawnmowers on 22:34 - Apr 12 with 836 viewsjack2jack

Lawnmowers on 21:06 - Apr 12 by dickythorpe

One flymo I ever had, never again only lasted me a year. Brilliant for my forearms, "glides over grass" be fúcked!!! Had to lift it most of the time, anyone watching would have thought I was mowing quicksand!!

Finally put me out of my misery when it hovered through the cable....thank fúck I had a circuit breaker!!!

I used to have a hover Flymo, murder to push up hill when the grass was a bit damp, got one with wheels on now much better👍
Lawnmowers on 22:39 - Apr 12 with 830 viewsBanosswan

I need a good quality rake as my 'lawn' is moss and brambles. Any relatively affordable ones?

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Lawnmowers on 23:34 - Apr 12 with 790 viewsJackSomething

Lawnmowers on 21:18 - Apr 12 by monmouth

I got a mountfield tree cutter as a job lot with the mower. All a bit pricey for my taste really, but works really well,and I'm glad I have all of it. Battery lasts a good 45 mins and I got a free one with it, plus has a chainsaw attachment which will be useful for purposes it wasn't designed for if the lockdown lasts much longer.

Also has nice balance so a weakling like me can manage it on a ladder for the taller stuff.

"a chainsaw attachment which will be useful for purposes it wasn't designed for if the lockdown lasts much longer"

Tell us more...

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Lawnmowers on 11:46 - Apr 13 with 689 viewsdickythorpe

Lawnmowers on 22:39 - Apr 12 by Banosswan

I need a good quality rake as my 'lawn' is moss and brambles. Any relatively affordable ones?

Try places like Home Bargains, far cheaper than B&Q and good quality.
I've bought a saw there for £4.99 and it's cut all the branches I want off the trees I have.
Prices in b&q started at over£12
Lawnmowers on 12:32 - Apr 13 with 667 viewschad

Lawnmowers on 18:52 - Apr 12 by union_jack

The best one I’ve known is the Honda Izzy. On my second one now and a real workhouse. I’ve got over 3 acres of land and have put it through hell but it keeps on going. They’re not cheap (and they’re petrol not electric) but quality seldom is.

Definitely agree with Honda Izzy, brilliant, easy to start, small, agile and light for a petrol. Has fantastic reviews.

Garden only fraction of an acre but lawns on 3 levels and sloping banks and sloping lawn at front. Izzy ideal, got our second at the end of last year.

Plus great fun to strip down (don’t leave petrol in at end of season)

After many many years usually the metal deck that goes, engine soldiers on (sorry for any offence caused to other people’s mowers by war reference ;) )

Used to have the little Mountfield with Briggs and Stratton, that was brilliant until they redesigned them and they turned to crap.
Lawnmowers on 13:04 - Apr 13 with 651 viewsJinxy

A few years ago I bought a MTD (German made I believe) self propelled mower from Mowdirect. Within a few weeks, the frame damaged (a guard fell off I think), so I contacted customer service. I was determined not to purchase another one, until the MTD rep rang me, and strongly recommended their newer upgraded range. I think they matched the price if memory serves. He said try it, if you don't like it then they would exchange FOC. This one has been outstanding, well made, superb engine etc.. It's a "SMART 53 SPO".
Lawnmowers on 13:18 - Apr 13 with 639 viewsPentyrchJack

I've had a Mountfield Ride On for 12 years without a single problem. I change the oil and spark plug every year which I admit is a bit OTT but it keeps it going nicely and always starts first time. I always make sure to run the petrol dry before parking it up for the winter.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Lawnmowers on 13:19 - Apr 13 with 639 viewsJackfath

Lawnmowers on 22:39 - Apr 12 by Banosswan

Dont bother raking it, hire a scarifier.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Lawnmowers on 13:31 - Apr 13 with 629 viewsdickythorpe

Looked at Amazon and saw a battery operated " Swift" lawnmower.....lovely review shame about the picture!!!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/hz/reviews-render/mobile-media-feed/B07G1258KN/ref=cm_c
Lawnmowers on 20:59 - Apr 13 with 554 viewsFlashberryjack

Lawnmowers on 13:31 - Apr 13 by dickythorpe

Looked at Amazon and saw a battery operated " Swift" lawnmower.....lovely review shame about the picture!!!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/hz/reviews-render/mobile-media-feed/B07G1258KN/ref=cm_c

My father in law bought a battery mower last year, told me it was crap.

My trusty Self propelled Ryobi started first pull this morning

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Lawnmowers on 21:18 - Apr 13 with 529 viewskarnataka

Lawnmowers on 20:59 - Apr 13 by Flashberryjack

My father in law bought a battery mower last year, told me it was crap.

My trusty Self propelled Ryobi started first pull this morning

I've got a Bosch battery mower and it's brilliant. Not cheap though but worth the dosh.
Lawnmowers on 21:19 - Apr 13 with 521 viewsFlashberryjack

Lawnmowers on 21:18 - Apr 13 by karnataka

I've got a Bosch battery mower and it's brilliant. Not cheap though but worth the dosh.

How many acres does it do on a single charge ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Lawnmowers on 21:48 - Apr 13 with 497 viewskarnataka

Lawnmowers on 21:19 - Apr 13 by Flashberryjack

How many acres does it do on a single charge ?

I don't know, I'm not the one with acres. But I will ask one of the gardeners and get back to you if you like?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024