Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. 10:08 - Oct 16 with 14756 viewsKeithHaynes

Standing firm on their 18 million valuation.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 22:25 - Oct 16 with 1465 views34dfgdf54

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 22:24 - Oct 16 by dobjack2

Have you ever had to negotiate with someone that knows all the fine detail of your company because the last finance manager is working for him, knows what you need to run your business and the bottom line you’ll accept because he recommended it.

Spurs turned Joe’s head with a low ball offer and Ben and Bale also worked on Joe.

Jury’s out for me over Winter but I think he was playing with someone that knew every card in his hand and how much money he had to play with.

Can’t argue with any of that to be fair.
Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 23:08 - Oct 16 with 1385 viewsTreforys_Jack

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 22:24 - Oct 16 by dobjack2

Have you ever had to negotiate with someone that knows all the fine detail of your company because the last finance manager is working for him, knows what you need to run your business and the bottom line you’ll accept because he recommended it.

Spurs turned Joe’s head with a low ball offer and Ben and Bale also worked on Joe.

Jury’s out for me over Winter but I think he was playing with someone that knew every card in his hand and how much money he had to play with.

Fantastic post. I assume we will have a sell on clause inserted. Once Joe's head had been turned, there was no way we weren't going to sell.

Seems like a really good transfer window for us for a change, but only time will tell.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2020 23:26]
Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 00:52 - Oct 17 with 1303 viewsNotLoyal

He's gone, we are Swansea, he is no longer.
Job done, sod the price.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 01:24 - Oct 17 with 1282 viewsDJack

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 00:52 - Oct 17 by NotLoyal

He's gone, we are Swansea, he is no longer.
Job done, sod the price.

We're Jacks...We love a good moan.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 06:56 - Oct 17 with 1223 viewsMartinSwan

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 22:11 - Oct 16 by nantywatcher

Martin. Reading through your posts over last few weeks I doubt you're much older than 15/16 and would struggle to negotiate out of a paper bag😡

That’s not what my company tells me and I’ve been in my current job more than 15 years.

Nice try though, you clearly remember being 15/16, last year was it.
Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 07:01 - Oct 17 with 1220 viewsMartinSwan

Yes, most negotiations are like that. You do a lot of research before you negotiate and the aim is to understand exactly the financial and other issues facing your competition.

Generally you talk to ex senior employees and people you trust.

If you haven’t done your research, don’t expect to succeed
Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 07:04 - Oct 17 with 1212 viewspencoedjack

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 01:24 - Oct 17 by DJack

We're Jacks...We love a good moan.

It is what it is, you can look at in a positive way believing the sale will help the club out whilst they have no income coming in or moan we got robbed.

Glass half empty or half full I guess.

Good luck to Joe going to a massive club, playing in one of the best stadiums in the world under one of the best tactical managers ( I hate spurs as I used to watch Arsenal pretty regular when I wasn’t watching the Swans).

Anyway onwards & upwards starting today 👍
Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 07:39 - Oct 17 with 1190 viewsThornburyswan

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 22:08 - Oct 16 by pikeypaul

There is not a player on the planet that is guaranteed to stay" fit and healthy" .

Your reasoning why we got a good deal and accepted the pittance is plainly daft.

Agree we didn’t get a ‘good’ deal on Joe’s fee but people do lose sight of the bigger picture, right now it is a buyers market so prices will be depressed as clubs try to manage their costs - which in football with no ticket/commercial sales means cutting the wage bill.

We got the low end of the range for Rodon (although if the £4M potential add-ons are around reasonable targets it will look better) but we appear to have signed Bennett, Manning & Latibeaudiere for a combined fee of £250K - if you look at transfer market valuations they were/are in at a combined value of almost £6M.

That makes the last day’s work a lot more palatable in my eyes - & for anyone who hasn’t looked transfer market have Rodon’s value at £6.3M!
Login to get fewer ads

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 08:44 - Oct 17 with 1146 viewsLandore_Jack

Swansea City offered most valuable player Joe Rodon to Tottenham on a silver platter – and then sold him on the cheap

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-offered-

#backtojack

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 09:08 - Oct 17 with 1113 viewsAndyCole

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 08:44 - Oct 17 by Landore_Jack

Swansea City offered most valuable player Joe Rodon to Tottenham on a silver platter – and then sold him on the cheap

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-offered-

Yes, read that and thought, MartinSwan is Guto, lol. Tidy, if so.

As someone posted, glass half full or empty. Rodon wanted to go and there was one buyer. We need the cash and a deeper squad. It seems we hung on as far as possible against a renowned negotiator armed with a massive trump card in Birch.

Icing on the cake If we re-sign Borini.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 09:17 - Oct 17 with 1109 viewsdobjack2

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 07:01 - Oct 17 by MartinSwan

Yes, most negotiations are like that. You do a lot of research before you negotiate and the aim is to understand exactly the financial and other issues facing your competition.

Generally you talk to ex senior employees and people you trust.

If you haven’t done your research, don’t expect to succeed

That’s why I think you are being a bit harsh on Winter.

Levy had all the advantages; we needed someone else to show an interest otherwise we weren’t going to get near our asking price.
Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 09:17 - Oct 17 with 1109 viewsKeithHaynes

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 08:44 - Oct 17 by Landore_Jack

A very dramatic piece of writing that.
I see the same online paper was rubbishing the external state of the Liberty just as the deadline day ended. A story from three weeks ago on here that was addressed by the club.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 10:53 - Oct 17 with 1043 viewsDr_Winston

We could have kicked and screamed and demanded more money, but we'd probably have ended the window with largely the same squad we had for the last game if we did, possibly minus a player like Ayew as well.

I'm coming more around to the idea that the club have made a conscious decision to take a smaller fee than perhaps we might have held out for (and if Rodon is as good as people say he is, ultimately we'll end up getting £15m), in order to give Cooper more options for the rest of the season.

Selling Rodon has enabled us to keep Ayew, add another handful of first team squad options, possibly add Borini to the mix too, and give us a bit of a financial buffer in tricky times.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 11:13 - Oct 17 with 1017 viewsonehunglow

Winston makes a fair point although we will never know exactly what went on and neither should we as these are business discussions.

If Borini were to come here,the furore over Joe's fee might subside as it will if we have a successful season without him.

He is gone and that is the reality so best we bin the bitching now.

That said,JR will make Spurs a lorra money

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 12:42 - Oct 17 with 965 viewsBadlands

Can't see a problem over the fee for Rodon.
£11 million guaranteed and maybe £4 million more for a Championship CB with not. a lot of games over two seasons and the possibility that he's injury prone.
When we were in the PL we only paid more than that for two players. Ayew (good business as it turns out) and Boston .... worth the fee anyone?
(remember the absolute pelters the club took when we paid a little under £15 million for Championship player Clucas?)
Thanks Joe (always a Swan) did great for us and has the opportunity to become a legend.
In the meantime we have been able to retain and build on the squad we had.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 13:14 - Oct 17 with 941 viewsMartinSwan

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 09:17 - Oct 17 by dobjack2

That’s why I think you are being a bit harsh on Winter.

Levy had all the advantages; we needed someone else to show an interest otherwise we weren’t going to get near our asking price.

Not being harsh at all. Its just the facts of negotiating. Winter went into the negotiation with open eyes, he knew Birch would be advising Levy and Levy does the basics of negotiation well anyway.

At any time he could have said no, we wont discuss with you as Birch has only just left here. If you arent prepared to walk away from a negotiation you shouldnt start one.

You always have a choice, the facts are Winter was outmatched and played the hand he had very poorly. As a result we got screwed.

If we had walked away could we have borrowed £11m for 12 or 24 or 36 months, yes, rates are very low at the moment. we would need collateral but that is doable.

Then in january ( only 2 1/2 months away) or in the Summer we could have sold Joe without the need to sell and probably paid off the loan out of the extra money we would have made on the deal.

You should know that Spurs are already saying Joe with be worth £45m soon.
Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 13:20 - Oct 17 with 931 viewsWhiterockin

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 13:14 - Oct 17 by MartinSwan

Not being harsh at all. Its just the facts of negotiating. Winter went into the negotiation with open eyes, he knew Birch would be advising Levy and Levy does the basics of negotiation well anyway.

At any time he could have said no, we wont discuss with you as Birch has only just left here. If you arent prepared to walk away from a negotiation you shouldnt start one.

You always have a choice, the facts are Winter was outmatched and played the hand he had very poorly. As a result we got screwed.

If we had walked away could we have borrowed £11m for 12 or 24 or 36 months, yes, rates are very low at the moment. we would need collateral but that is doable.

Then in january ( only 2 1/2 months away) or in the Summer we could have sold Joe without the need to sell and probably paid off the loan out of the extra money we would have made on the deal.

You should know that Spurs are already saying Joe with be worth £45m soon.

So borrow money on the assumption.

1. He doesn't get injured and he is not injury prone.
2. His value will go up.
3. We find someone to pay more in the future.

As a Swansea supporter I would not be happy with this. We have to live within our means.
Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 13:37 - Oct 17 with 906 viewsDr_Winston

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 13:20 - Oct 17 by Whiterockin

2. His value will go up.

As a Swansea supporter I would not be happy with this. We have to live within our means.

It's thinking straight out of the Peter Ridsdale handbook.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 13:52 - Oct 17 with 884 viewsjasper_T

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 12:42 - Oct 17 by Badlands

Can't see a problem over the fee for Rodon.
£11 million guaranteed and maybe £4 million more for a Championship CB with not. a lot of games over two seasons and the possibility that he's injury prone.
When we were in the PL we only paid more than that for two players. Ayew (good business as it turns out) and Boston .... worth the fee anyone?
(remember the absolute pelters the club took when we paid a little under £15 million for Championship player Clucas?)
Thanks Joe (always a Swan) did great for us and has the opportunity to become a legend.
In the meantime we have been able to retain and build on the squad we had.

"Not a lot of games" is really overstating it. He played 50+ times for Swansea and 7 Wales caps in just over two seasons. He was out for some lengthy periods but almost always played when fit (and sometimes when not quite fit).

Spurs will have looked at his injury record and seen nothing to worry about. A few bad contact injuries don't make you a Bale, Ramsey or Brooks-type sicknote.
Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 13:52 - Oct 17 with 884 viewsMartinSwan

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 13:20 - Oct 17 by Whiterockin

2. His value will go up.

If you can't walk away from the table dont start negotiating. Its interesting that Spurs are so happy with the price and now saying JR will soon be worth £45m.

Levy does a couple of things very well in negotiation, first he does his research and second he is always prepared to say no and walk away.

With regard to borrowing money presumably you arent happy about the Silverstein loan, as that is borrwing not investment, it will probably carry a very high interest rate, is convertible to shares at Silverstein's decision and carries very substantial collateral from the club.

The point is Joe's value doesnt need to go up if nothing changed he would be worth over £20m in January and more by the Summer. If he had done well he would probably be worth £5m-£10m more.
Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 13:55 - Oct 17 with 876 viewsDr_Winston

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 13:52 - Oct 17 by MartinSwan

If you can't walk away from the table dont start negotiating. Its interesting that Spurs are so happy with the price and now saying JR will soon be worth £45m.

Levy does a couple of things very well in negotiation, first he does his research and second he is always prepared to say no and walk away.

With regard to borrowing money presumably you arent happy about the Silverstein loan, as that is borrwing not investment, it will probably carry a very high interest rate, is convertible to shares at Silverstein's decision and carries very substantial collateral from the club.

The point is Joe's value doesnt need to go up if nothing changed he would be worth over £20m in January and more by the Summer. If he had done well he would probably be worth £5m-£10m more.

If.

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 14:00 - Oct 17 with 867 viewsdobjack2

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 13:52 - Oct 17 by MartinSwan

I don’t think we have enough money to walk away and of course Levy would know if that was the case.
Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 15:52 - Oct 17 with 809 viewsReslovenSwan1

Winter has done his job well. Swansea could have waited until Janaury for £5m more but would have lost £5m rated Manning who came for for peanuts and had to pay £2-3m for a centraback of Bennett's pedigree. In meantine Joe could have got injured as he has done inthe last two seasons. The Man city kid looks like a real good player and Cooper is in the wings for next season and is dreaming and focusssing on wearing the shirt with a swan on it in 12 months.

If players increase in value dramatically after one season in the PL it is strange that Championship clubs do not loan their players to the PL for a season to increase sale value. For example loan Rodon to Southampton for free with a proportion of the transfer fee shares with the Saints he plays 25 games +.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 16:33 - Oct 17 with 779 viewspencoedjack

Coincidence we have starting conceding?
Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 16:49 - Oct 17 with 767 views34dfgdf54

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 16:33 - Oct 17 by pencoedjack

Coincidence we have starting conceding?

Unfortunately not

All over the place organisation wise, Rodon made the others look better than they are.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024