Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Borini 18:45 - Oct 16 with 4616 viewsmagicdaps10

Know he is a free agent and doesn't have to be done today BUT what are our chances in signing him?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Borini on 21:52 - Oct 16 with 3648 viewsMartinSwan

Well pretty good if we have Steve and/or Andy sorting out the deal. If Winter is involved he will frack it up again.
Borini on 00:40 - Oct 17 with 3549 viewsNotLoyal

Borini on 21:52 - Oct 16 by MartinSwan

Well pretty good if we have Steve and/or Andy sorting out the deal. If Winter is involved he will frack it up again.

Winter has done pretty good in one day, there comes a time when we have to be happy. For me. That's today.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Borini on 09:43 - Oct 17 with 3433 viewsthornabyswan

Borini on 00:40 - Oct 17 by NotLoyal

Winter has done pretty good in one day, there comes a time when we have to be happy. For me. That's today.

Yes not one Falkirk player.

Some just enjoy a moan yes Rodon was worth a bit more but it's a buyers market.

And without that cash we would not have been able to bring the 4 players in that we have.

The club deserve a pat on the back upto Cooper now and he can have no complaints.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Borini on 10:04 - Oct 17 with 3421 viewsAndyCole

Borini on 09:43 - Oct 17 by thornabyswan

Yes not one Falkirk player.

Some just enjoy a moan yes Rodon was worth a bit more but it's a buyers market.

And without that cash we would not have been able to bring the 4 players in that we have.

The club deserve a pat on the back upto Cooper now and he can have no complaints.

Winter seems to be doing his best to steer us in the right direction.

Back on subject, Borini would be the perfect fit. Could be highly prescient given the way in which he helped drive us on to the next level last time.

Let's hope all the rumours are true.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Borini on 11:20 - Oct 17 with 3388 viewsKeithHaynes

Borini on 10:04 - Oct 17 by AndyCole

Winter seems to be doing his best to steer us in the right direction.

Back on subject, Borini would be the perfect fit. Could be highly prescient given the way in which he helped drive us on to the next level last time.

Let's hope all the rumours are true.

We could see something as early as next week, either way.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Borini on 17:17 - Oct 17 with 3279 viewsPrivate_Partz

Borini on 11:20 - Oct 17 by KeithHaynes

We could see something as early as next week, either way.

Hope it comes off. We need a bit of energy up front at the moment and Borini should provide that unless time has taken its toll. At 29 that should not be the case,

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Borini on 23:05 - Oct 17 with 3142 viewsbuilthjack

Borini is not a 20 goals a season player. More like 7 or 8. He is more of a wide man than a centre forward. He is not the answer to our problem.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2020 23:16]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Borini on 23:14 - Oct 17 with 3141 viewsReslovenSwan1

Borini on 23:05 - Oct 17 by builthjack

Borini is not a 20 goals a season player. More like 7 or 8. He is more of a wide man than a centre forward. He is not the answer to our problem.

Borini is not a great goalscorer but apart from Swansea has alway played in the top leagues in Italy and England. I put it to you that he should find it easy to score against Wycome Luton and Rotherham than Roma Lazio Juve and Inter against whom he has been jowsting in recent years. He is still quite young and is a class player.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Login to get fewer ads

Borini on 23:18 - Oct 17 with 3128 viewsbuilthjack

Borini on 23:14 - Oct 17 by ReslovenSwan1

Borini is not a great goalscorer but apart from Swansea has alway played in the top leagues in Italy and England. I put it to you that he should find it easy to score against Wycome Luton and Rotherham than Roma Lazio Juve and Inter against whom he has been jowsting in recent years. He is still quite young and is a class player.

At those clubs he had class players around him. Not so with us unfortunately.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Borini on 10:15 - Oct 18 with 3013 viewsonehunglow

This is what has wound me up. We needed a striker .Full top. Before any defender.

That we didnt get one means we are as we were before the window.

A business needs to get its priorities right and ours haven't .

Borini is a hope

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Borini on 10:20 - Oct 18 with 3013 viewsHighjack

Borini on 23:05 - Oct 17 by builthjack

He’s only more of a wide player because that’s where managers have stuck him. The one time in his career he played up front he had a better goal scoring record for us than Brewster. 6 in 9 wasn’t it?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Borini on 11:20 - Oct 18 with 2967 viewsAndyCole

Borini on 10:15 - Oct 18 by onehunglow

This is what has wound me up. We needed a striker .Full top. Before any defender.

That we didnt get one means we are as we were before the window.

A business needs to get its priorities right and ours haven't .

Borini is a hope

To be fair, Wilson was a done deal til the eleventh hour, not exactly a Brewster but could have been a prolific pairing with MG-W and Ayew/Lowe floating around them.

Yes Borini is a hope, and more. He is a very clever player and could well be banging them in at this level. All the latent talent we have could flourish around his influence.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Borini on 11:58 - Oct 18 with 2950 viewsThornburyswan

Going by his career stats he scores 1 in 5 matches but most of those matches are at a higher level than our current one & he’s not regularly played as the main team’s striker. If we are still in for him - I have no info on that but wonder if the link was there to cover if Ayew left late on Friday - & Cooper sees him as a goal scoring striker then he should get 1 in 3/4 matches, so maybe 12/13 goals this season.

Whilst now we have lost Gibbs-White until 2021 he would provide an option to Gyokeres & Ayew plus could play off either - personally if we have real ambition to make the top 6 we need to play more attacking/goal scoring players at home, either by reverting to a flat 4 at the back or by only playing one of Grimes & Smith.
Borini on 18:55 - Oct 18 with 2765 viewsHighjack

He could also force Grimes off free kicks.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Borini on 10:46 - Oct 19 with 2496 viewsonehunglow

Good point highjack.
They say Grimes has a good left left foot.

They said that about Daniel Day Lewis ,who take free kicks and corners better than Grimes .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Borini on 12:44 - Oct 19 with 2409 viewsReslovenSwan1

Borini on 10:46 - Oct 19 by onehunglow

Good point highjack.
They say Grimes has a good left left foot.

They said that about Daniel Day Lewis ,who take free kicks and corners better than Grimes .

I would speculate that Borini would be the ideal subsitute for Ayew had he left. Borini with all his experience woud be expected to add composure to he front line and slip seamlessly into the Swansea system. He seems to have had and injury free careers in general.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2020 12:44]

Borini on 13:12 - Oct 19 with 2372 viewsJack11

This is a bit of a tangent but kinda linked to borini in the sense that I’d call him a nothing forward, perhaps based on his physical attributes. So he’s not a target, he’s not going to run in behind and burn you in the channels. He’s not going to poach 20 a season through being razor sharp in the box. If you think about it, most productive forwards at any level have an identity. We have had lots of nothing forwards in the past, paloschi, Vasquez, schecter some of the more recent ones. Not big, not quick, not lethal in the box. Borini is not what we need imo.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2020 13:13]
Borini on 16:47 - Oct 19 with 2225 viewsReslovenSwan1

Borini on 13:12 - Oct 19 by Jack11

This is a bit of a tangent but kinda linked to borini in the sense that I’d call him a nothing forward, perhaps based on his physical attributes. So he’s not a target, he’s not going to run in behind and burn you in the channels. He’s not going to poach 20 a season through being razor sharp in the box. If you think about it, most productive forwards at any level have an identity. We have had lots of nothing forwards in the past, paloschi, Vasquez, schecter some of the more recent ones. Not big, not quick, not lethal in the box. Borini is not what we need imo.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2020 13:13]

Michu was a nothing special player until he was. Not particuly strong not particularly fast not particularly good in the air. Not a target man or hold up player. He was strong enough of course.

He was just unerringly accurate in everthing he did for 2 or 3 seasons 27-29 years of age. What was he doing before that?, Borini at 29 could be like this if unleashed on championship defenders. 8-9 season in Italy will ensure he can do the right thing at the right time and help the like of Lowe, Gokeres, Garrick and Cullen.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2020 16:48]

Borini on 17:00 - Oct 19 with 2199 viewsWhiterockin

Borini on 16:47 - Oct 19 by ReslovenSwan1

Michu was a nothing special player until he was. Not particuly strong not particularly fast not particularly good in the air. Not a target man or hold up player. He was strong enough of course.

He was just unerringly accurate in everthing he did for 2 or 3 seasons 27-29 years of age. What was he doing before that?, Borini at 29 could be like this if unleashed on championship defenders. 8-9 season in Italy will ensure he can do the right thing at the right time and help the like of Lowe, Gokeres, Garrick and Cullen.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2020 16:48]

Michu was in the right place at the right time. As you say Borini could be the same.
Borini on 17:04 - Oct 19 with 2186 viewspencoedjack

Borini on 23:14 - Oct 17 by ReslovenSwan1

I concur.

We seem to have a lot of glass half empty fans.
Borini on 17:06 - Oct 19 with 2181 viewsMartinSwan

If he can replicate his form when he played for us before 9 matches 6 goals 3 assists, I'd be happy.

A bit longer in the tooth now but also lots more experience
Borini on 19:19 - Oct 19 with 2041 viewsGroo

Borini on 17:06 - Oct 19 by MartinSwan

If he can replicate his form when he played for us before 9 matches 6 goals 3 assists, I'd be happy.

A bit longer in the tooth now but also lots more experience

At 29 he should be at his peak

Groo does what Groo does best

Borini on 21:04 - Oct 19 with 1956 viewsKilkennyjack

Borini on 19:19 - Oct 19 by Groo

At 29 he should be at his peak

This ☝️

Beware of the Risen People

Borini on 22:30 - Oct 23 with 1584 views34dfgdf54

https://www.facebook.com/147081938734944/posts/3121085311334577/?extid=0&d=n

It it just me who thinks this is another dig at board/Winter?
Borini on 22:46 - Oct 23 with 1566 viewsjacabertawe

Borini on 22:30 - Oct 23 by 34dfgdf54

https://www.facebook.com/147081938734944/posts/3121085311334577/?extid=0&d=n

It it just me who thinks this is another dig at board/Winter?

Oh yes. Cooper kept out of the loop again.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024