Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A message from a fan from abused by the far right 10:30 - Feb 13 with 18811 viewsRosey_Repeat

(I am posting this for him for fairly obvious reasons)

A MESSAGE TO ALL WELSH FOOTBALL FANS FROM ROD, A SWANSEA CITY FAN ABUSED BY THE FAR RIGHT

"Hi there, this is a message about an anti racism campaign Swansea and Cardiff fans are doing in the run up to the derby game on 20th March.

The message simply is this
RIVALS ON THE PITCH BUT UNITED AGAINST RACISM.

With the appalling racist abuse that Yan Dhanda had following the game against Man City, it re-emphasises the importance of players taking the knee in the fight to end racism.

Could you please spare a few seconds to
*make a video or photo of yourself taking the knee to be used in our social media and hopefully on a giant banner displayed at the game; please send it back to us standuptoracismswansea@gmail.com
* add your name here .
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfZUSZ8qjf5TxKzdo5FsHanCbrurn3TUTkFW0s-

The campaign against racism is so so important.

If you could spare a few seconds to do the video / photo and show your support to Yan Dhanda and also in the campaign against racism, that would be brilliant.

Thanks for your time,

Best Regards

Rod

#RIVALS ON THE PITCH UNITED AGAINST RACISM #SWANSEA#CARDIFF#"

Follow Jacks Against Racism and Fascism
https://www.facebook.com/Jacks-Against-Racism-and-Fascism-706130563097878
https://www.instagram.com/jacksagainstracismandfascism/
A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 10:42 - Feb 13 with 8261 viewsNeath_Jack

Good luck Rod, this won't go down well on here.

MAKE RACISTS AND HATE SPEECH UNACCEPTABLE IN OUR GAME.
THOSE THAT DO NOTHING ARE AS BAD AS THOSE THAT PROMOTE INTOLERANCE. THOSE THAT ACCUSE AND FIND IT FUNNY ARE A PART OF THE PROBLEM.

This post has been edited by an administrator

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 10:43 - Feb 13 with 8261 viewsHighjack

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 10:42 - Feb 13 by Neath_Jack

THOSE THAT DO NOTHING ARE AS BAD AS THOSE THAT PROMOTE INTOLERANCE. THOSE THAT ACCUSE AND FIND IT FUNNY ARE A PART OF THE PROBLEM.

Why not?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 10:47 - Feb 13 with 8251 viewsNeath_Jack

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 10:43 - Feb 13 by Highjack

Why not?

Why would it?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 10:50 - Feb 13 with 8249 viewsNotLoyal

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 10:42 - Feb 13 by Neath_Jack

Why ? You on your way as well ?
[Post edited 13 Feb 2021 10:50]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 10:51 - Feb 13 with 8236 viewsNeath_Jack

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 10:50 - Feb 13 by NotLoyal

Why ? You on your way as well ?
[Post edited 13 Feb 2021 10:50]

On my way?

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 10:52 - Feb 13 with 8236 viewsNotLoyal

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 10:51 - Feb 13 by Neath_Jack

On my way?

Yup.

The OP kindly offered an insight in to a worthy action, it’s regarding racial abuse and you come along and say it won’t go down well on here.

Why ?

Why would you undermine what has been done on here ? You know exactly what you are doing, if you don’t like it here do one.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2021 10:55]

OK I've changed it.

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 10:52 - Feb 13 with 8227 viewsNeath_Jack

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 10:52 - Feb 13 by NotLoyal

Yup.

The OP kindly offered an insight in to a worthy action, it’s regarding racial abuse and you come along and say it won’t go down well on here.

Why ?

Why would you undermine what has been done on here ? You know exactly what you are doing, if you don’t like it here do one.

Go on...

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 10:54 - Feb 13 with 8225 viewsHighjack

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 10:47 - Feb 13 by Neath_Jack

Why would it?

You tell me.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Login to get fewer ads

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 10:55 - Feb 13 with 8216 viewsHighjack

This thread has been derailed already by the usual suspects.

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 10:56 - Feb 13 with 8211 viewsNeath_Jack

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 10:54 - Feb 13 by Highjack

You tell me.

Because "make a video or photo of yourself taking the knee to be used in our social media and hopefully on a giant banner displayed at the game".

We both know, the majority of people on here do not agree with players taking the knee. Itch got temporarily banned for suggesting as much the other night too.

Edit: looks like he is still banned?
[Post edited 13 Feb 2021 11:01]

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 10:57 - Feb 13 with 8201 viewsNeath_Jack

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 10:52 - Feb 13 by NotLoyal

Yup.

Why ?

That's a big edit!

Aye, see my reply to the other chap.

What am i doing? Not falling into line with others on here? All opinions are welcome as long as they align with the majority?

What you saying? What am i doing?

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 11:01 - Feb 13 with 8181 viewsonehunglow

Wow.
Frankly NL,I cannot understand your comments .

I am no chum of neath jack but his comments are in no way contentious nor even controversial.

He has made a fair comment and free from any abuse at all so .

It really is about opinions and in this regard he has not in any way strayed from this site' mantra

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 11:07 - Feb 13 with 8175 viewsKeithHaynes

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 10:56 - Feb 13 by Neath_Jack

Because "make a video or photo of yourself taking the knee to be used in our social media and hopefully on a giant banner displayed at the game".

We both know, the majority of people on here do not agree with players taking the knee. Itch got temporarily banned for suggesting as much the other night too.

Neath, I do take a slight offence that wholesale references regards this site are surfacing. In this world we do have people of different opinions, that’s what debate is for. The vast majority of people on this site don’t support not taking the knee, that’s incorrect. What is correct is that everyone on this site supports an anti racist stance, or like last night they are banned permanently.

Anything that affects the democracy of good debate on here has to be managed. Be that affecting the site with questionable statements or direct insults. Most people including you know why I run this site, so that above all is a priority. For those who wish to undermine that positive reason may as well move on now. There is only one alternative.

Positively you have been a good poster, I’ve welcomed your inclusion and debate, hence me taking the time out on a busy day to respond to you.

Just as an aside, we don’t do temporary bans.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 11:11 - Feb 13 with 8162 viewsjasper_T

Plenty on here have opposed having to see our players taking a knee, clearly stated they would never do it themselves ("submissive gesture", wasn't it?) etc. Fans wouldn't put up with it once allowed back in the stadium, apparently.

Lots of "anti-Marxists" finding ways to oppose BLM and everything it represents. Dress it up any way you like, it's a Right-leaning board even ignoring the flag-waving Trump-supporters.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2021 11:11]
A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 11:11 - Feb 13 with 8155 viewsNeath_Jack

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 11:07 - Feb 13 by KeithHaynes

Neath, I do take a slight offence that wholesale references regards this site are surfacing. In this world we do have people of different opinions, that’s what debate is for. The vast majority of people on this site don’t support not taking the knee, that’s incorrect. What is correct is that everyone on this site supports an anti racist stance, or like last night they are banned permanently.

Anything that affects the democracy of good debate on here has to be managed. Be that affecting the site with questionable statements or direct insults. Most people including you know why I run this site, so that above all is a priority. For those who wish to undermine that positive reason may as well move on now. There is only one alternative.

Positively you have been a good poster, I’ve welcomed your inclusion and debate, hence me taking the time out on a busy day to respond to you.

Just as an aside, we don’t do temporary bans.

"The vast majority of people on this site don’t support not taking the knee, that’s incorrect."

In your opinion that is, my opinion is that the majority do not support taking the knee. It would be pointless putting a poll up to see who is correct on it, as it would be full of people voting in the opposite way to what they really think.

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 11:11 - Feb 13 with 8161 viewsNotLoyal

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 11:01 - Feb 13 by onehunglow

Wow.
Frankly NL,I cannot understand your comments .

I am no chum of neath jack but his comments are in no way contentious nor even controversial.

He has made a fair comment and free from any abuse at all so .

It really is about opinions and in this regard he has not in any way strayed from this site' mantra

He made a fair comment ?

Tying in Dhanda’s abuse with BLM then stating not many will agree with an anti racist stance on here ( the op makes it clear ) get a grip man. It’s an awful thing to say.

OK I've changed it.

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 11:13 - Feb 13 with 8136 viewsonehunglow

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 11:11 - Feb 13 by NotLoyal

He made a fair comment ?

Tying in Dhanda’s abuse with BLM then stating not many will agree with an anti racist stance on here ( the op makes it clear ) get a grip man. It’s an awful thing to say.

I'm not sure he s tying it in though.

It is a matter of interpretation but having read Keith's statement ,Im quitting posting on this subject after this .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 11:13 - Feb 13 with 8148 viewsNotLoyal

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 11:11 - Feb 13 by jasper_T

Plenty on here have opposed having to see our players taking a knee, clearly stated they would never do it themselves ("submissive gesture", wasn't it?) etc. Fans wouldn't put up with it once allowed back in the stadium, apparently.

Lots of "anti-Marxists" finding ways to oppose BLM and everything it represents. Dress it up any way you like, it's a Right-leaning board even ignoring the flag-waving Trump-supporters.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2021 11:11]

Your inability to debate has been evident for months, that’s why you have jumped on this thread.

OK I've changed it.

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 11:14 - Feb 13 with 8133 viewsNeath_Jack

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 11:11 - Feb 13 by NotLoyal

He made a fair comment ?

I've tied nothing in with nothing, other than the majority of posters on here are against taking the knee.

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 11:19 - Feb 13 with 8119 viewsDr_Parnassus

Isn’t Dhanda Asian? Or did I imagine it?

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 11:19 - Feb 13 with 8125 viewsNotLoyal

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 11:14 - Feb 13 by Neath_Jack

I've tied nothing in with nothing, other than the majority of posters on here are against taking the knee.

You have though, by responding to an anti racist post including people on here who are anti BLM as if it’s linked. If that’s not your intention then why not put it on a different thread and not on this one. You knew exactly what you were doing, without consternation for why this site operates and not one ounce of consideration for the person who makes that happen. Maybe we should all be a bit more thoughtful on how we respond to things, take a step backwards etc.

OK I've changed it.

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 11:21 - Feb 13 with 8118 viewsChief

I echo some sentiments already stated.

Good luck to the OP, its a worthy cause and also an appropriate way to express it. But many on here will not agree with it (taking the knee specifically). Not sure why there's an air of denial around about that now, plenty of threads with opposition to it around.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 11:23 - Feb 13 with 8106 viewsHighjack

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 10:56 - Feb 13 by Neath_Jack

Taking the knee hasn’t been very effective in America though. They’ve been doing it for five years now. But the thread isn’t about that. I’m sure the OP would happily accept videos and pictures of people showing support in other ways?

I was reading through some of the lovely comments on Yan’s Twitter page from people all over the world showing him love and support. That’s far more effective than some silly little gesture. Just thousands of decent people coming together to show some love and to condemn the pondlife who sent him that message. You’re never going to eradicate these people completely. It’s literally impossible. I’m not sure what the end goal is here.

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 11:25 - Feb 13 with 8104 viewsNotLoyal

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 11:21 - Feb 13 by Chief

I echo some sentiments already stated.

Good luck to the OP, its a worthy cause and also an appropriate way to express it. But many on here will not agree with it (taking the knee specifically). Not sure why there's an air of denial around about that now, plenty of threads with opposition to it around.

There’s a big difference to there being plenty of BLM threads around to making complete statements that undermine this website. People who don’t get that need some air.

OK I've changed it.

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 11:28 - Feb 13 with 8086 viewsDr_Parnassus

Everyone is against racism. I can’t think of anyone (apart from the perpetrators of it) that isn’t. Thankfully there isn’t very many of them and they quickly are shouted down when they do surface.

People need to chill out.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024