Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A message from a fan from abused by the far right 10:30 - Feb 13 with 21034 viewsRosey_Repeat

(I am posting this for him for fairly obvious reasons)

A MESSAGE TO ALL WELSH FOOTBALL FANS FROM ROD, A SWANSEA CITY FAN ABUSED BY THE FAR RIGHT

"Hi there, this is a message about an anti racism campaign Swansea and Cardiff fans are doing in the run up to the derby game on 20th March.

The message simply is this
RIVALS ON THE PITCH BUT UNITED AGAINST RACISM.

With the appalling racist abuse that Yan Dhanda had following the game against Man City, it re-emphasises the importance of players taking the knee in the fight to end racism.

Could you please spare a few seconds to
*make a video or photo of yourself taking the knee to be used in our social media and hopefully on a giant banner displayed at the game; please send it back to us standuptoracismswansea@gmail.com
* add your name here .
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfZUSZ8qjf5TxKzdo5FsHanCbrurn3TUTkFW0s-

The campaign against racism is so so important.

If you could spare a few seconds to do the video / photo and show your support to Yan Dhanda and also in the campaign against racism, that would be brilliant.

Thanks for your time,

Best Regards

Rod

#RIVALS ON THE PITCH UNITED AGAINST RACISM #SWANSEA#CARDIFF#"

Follow Jacks Against Racism and Fascism
https://www.facebook.com/Jacks-Against-Racism-and-Fascism-706130563097878
https://www.instagram.com/jacksagainstracismandfascism/
A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 14:19 - Feb 13 with 1153 viewsDr_Parnassus

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 14:14 - Feb 13 by Neath_Jack

As i said, I'd prefer to listen to the footballers who have come out and said why they are doing it, rather than fans on a football forum. Surely they would know why they are doing it?

Agreed, let's end it all.

Which footballers? Lyle Taylor, Nottingham Forest striker said it was to do with the BLM organisation.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 14:23 - Feb 13 with 1140 viewsNotLoyal

Then the problem then Neathie, your first response to the OP was it won't go down well on here, so if you were not on about blm you were clearly stating there are Racists on here, and for not thinking that through you should apologize.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 14:26 - Feb 13 with 1127 viewsGwyn737

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 14:19 - Feb 13 by Dr_Parnassus

Which footballers? Lyle Taylor, Nottingham Forest striker said it was to do with the BLM organisation.

And here’s Anthony Watson explains more eloquently than I can:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/feb/11/england-anthony-watson-condemns-do
A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 14:27 - Feb 13 with 1125 viewsNeath_Jack

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 14:23 - Feb 13 by NotLoyal

Then the problem then Neathie, your first response to the OP was it won't go down well on here, so if you were not on about blm you were clearly stating there are Racists on here, and for not thinking that through you should apologize.

It's quite clear what i meant as explained to someone else. You can twist it to mean whatever you want, but it won't change the fact that my point was that taking the knee is not liked on here.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 14:28 - Feb 13 with 1119 viewsNotLoyal

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 14:27 - Feb 13 by Neath_Jack

It's quite clear what i meant as explained to someone else. You can twist it to mean whatever you want, but it won't change the fact that my point was that taking the knee is not liked on here.

Who won't like it on here ?
I'm yet to see any evidence.

OK I've changed it.

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 14:30 - Feb 13 with 1111 viewsNeath_Jack

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 14:28 - Feb 13 by NotLoyal

Who won't like it on here ?
I'm yet to see any evidence.

Then I can't help you any further.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 14:34 - Feb 13 with 1096 viewsNotLoyal

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 14:30 - Feb 13 by Neath_Jack

Then I can't help you any further.

So, where are these racists, on here, your either one of the few who are and are using it to be 'humerous' or can't identify an opinion that differs to yours, hence your go to default position of shouting racism because you've got nowhere else to go.

Who are these racists . And when have the posted racial messages, at least for the site owner to deal with.

OK I've changed it.

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 14:35 - Feb 13 with 1095 viewsDr_Parnassus

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 14:26 - Feb 13 by Gwyn737

And here’s Anthony Watson explains more eloquently than I can:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/feb/11/england-anthony-watson-condemns-do

Indeed which shows people are doing it for different reasons. While some may be doing it for good reasons, others see it as a gesture with bad meanings. So nobody is ever going to agree.

So to get the message out and stop all the confusion, it should have absolutely nothing remotely similar to to with the organisation and have everything to do with the message we all agree with... yet it mirrors the organisation’s gestures exactly.

It’s like trying to change the meaning of the Nazi salute and saying “it’s not why we are doing it”. Well choose something else then... really is that simple.

Login to get fewer ads

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 14:38 - Feb 13 with 1078 viewsNeath_Jack

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 14:34 - Feb 13 by NotLoyal

So, where are these racists, on here, your either one of the few who are and are using it to be 'humerous' or can't identify an opinion that differs to yours, hence your go to default position of shouting racism because you've got nowhere else to go.

Who are these racists . And when have the posted racial messages, at least for the site owner to deal with.

I'll leave you get on with it, because nobody has been shouting racists. You can take this as you have outfoxed me, or proven something to yourself if you wish.

Enjoy your day part II.

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 14:42 - Feb 13 with 1058 viewsDr_Parnassus

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 14:38 - Feb 13 by Neath_Jack

I'll leave you get on with it, because nobody has been shouting racists. You can take this as you have outfoxed me, or proven something to yourself if you wish.

Enjoy your day part II.

To be fair to Loyal, you have been banging that drum for some time. On the other thread you said it too. Essentially saying those who dislike discrimination of all kinds are racists.

“ There are plenty of people who will use us being called sheep shaggers, to try and lessen someone being racially abused. They’re not racist thinking that though, no sireee, they’ve got black friends and everything... “

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 14:43 - Feb 13 with 1057 viewsKeithHaynes

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 14:34 - Feb 13 by NotLoyal

I’ve seen no racist posts on here, the only close one was last night when the poster listed as ‘Madrid Jack’ was banned, and rightly so. I think potentially some posters are confusing racism with a differing political opinion. Catulus explained it well, referencing individuals who see something when it isn’t racist and say it is to suit a narrative. Anyone who sees any message that they believe is racist, report it, it will be dealt with. Also, any person who doesn’t is merely supporting it. Which in this case and on the other thread means the sale of mirrors should increase drastically in South Wales especially.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 14:43 - Feb 13 with 1052 viewsHighjack

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 11:29 - Feb 13 by Neath_Jack

Whether it has been effective in USA has absolutely no bearing on what this thread is about, or the beliefs on taking the knee to the majority of posters on this board.

It has everything to do with the beliefs if lots of people believe that it achieves nothing and we have five years of empirical data to prove it.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 14:50 - Feb 13 with 1025 viewsGlossolalia

A joint message against racism? Absolutely, and timely, given the abuse of our Asian player.

Permanent bans for racists on this site? Bang on.

Taking the knee? No chance.

I'll sum this up an uncharacteristically succinct way:

Without BLM, there would be no taking the knee before matches. To suggest the two are not linked is totally absurd.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2021 14:55]
A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 14:51 - Feb 13 with 1017 viewsNeath_Jack

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 14:42 - Feb 13 by Dr_Parnassus

To be fair to Loyal, you have been banging that drum for some time. On the other thread you said it too. Essentially saying those who dislike discrimination of all kinds are racists.

“ There are plenty of people who will use us being called sheep shaggers, to try and lessen someone being racially abused. They’re not racist thinking that though, no sireee, they’ve got black friends and everything... “

You'll get one reply from me.

What you quoted there, has absolutely nothing to do with my posts in this thread. I have heard the excuse which you quoted, time and time again. In fact, i think one poster even went on to say more or less what i said.

It has nothing to do with my posts in this thread. But same as with loyal making nonsense comparisons, if it gives power to your elbow, you crack on.

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 14:56 - Feb 13 with 1004 viewsDr_Parnassus

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 14:51 - Feb 13 by Neath_Jack

You'll get one reply from me.

What you quoted there, has absolutely nothing to do with my posts in this thread. I have heard the excuse which you quoted, time and time again. In fact, i think one poster even went on to say more or less what i said.

It has nothing to do with my posts in this thread. But same as with loyal making nonsense comparisons, if it gives power to your elbow, you crack on.

You will get many more from me I would have thought, I don’t need replies. As long as I’m able to add the balance much needed to posts like that then that’s fine by me.

Loyal was making the point that you often insinuate people are racists on this site, hiding behind sweeping statements or veiled and vague accusations. That was one such example because I literally just read it, there have been many more. You aren’t the only one guilty of this.

On that same thread I made the point that people do it now as a sport, you down-arrowed that as you clearly recognised what I was saying. You said footballers are taking the knee for the reasons you state yet conveniently ignore the fact that a black footballer is openly telling you otherwise.

Maybe he’s racist?

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 15:07 - Feb 13 with 978 viewsGlossolalia

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 11:21 - Feb 13 by Chief

I echo some sentiments already stated.

Good luck to the OP, its a worthy cause and also an appropriate way to express it. But many on here will not agree with it (taking the knee specifically). Not sure why there's an air of denial around about that now, plenty of threads with opposition to it around.

A genuine question.

How is taking the knee the appropriate way to express an anti-racism stance? It's clearly incredibly divisive, and rightly so. You think this thread would be full of the usual crap, had the OP suggested an anti-racism stance not involving the knee?
[Post edited 13 Feb 2021 15:13]
A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 15:09 - Feb 13 with 968 viewsonehunglow

Jesus.#

Surely the fact this gesture is clearly divisive shows jut what problems we have a a society.

It's a sensitive subject alright

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 15:48 - Feb 13 with 932 viewsReslovenSwan1

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 14:50 - Feb 13 by Glossolalia

A joint message against racism? Absolutely, and timely, given the abuse of our Asian player.

Permanent bans for racists on this site? Bang on.

Taking the knee? No chance.

I'll sum this up an uncharacteristically succinct way:

Without BLM, there would be no taking the knee before matches. To suggest the two are not linked is totally absurd.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2021 14:55]

The FA were lazy and chose to use the BLM gesture for their own particular cause although they already have organisations fighting the good fight such as 'kick it out'.

Consquently the "taking the knee" is both a "BLM protest" (against Police brutality) and an the less well ublicised FA generic anti racism in the public conciousness.

I will not take the knee because I generally do not protest at anything and certainly will not protest against the South Wales constabulary. I consider Anti Welsh baiting racist but it does not seem an issue for the Swansea Cardiff anti racist facebook group. Criticising English people pubicly never goes down very well in Wales.

Wise sage since Toshack era

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 15:53 - Feb 13 with 920 viewsonehunglow

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 15:48 - Feb 13 by ReslovenSwan1

The FA were lazy and chose to use the BLM gesture for their own particular cause although they already have organisations fighting the good fight such as 'kick it out'.

Consquently the "taking the knee" is both a "BLM protest" (against Police brutality) and an the less well ublicised FA generic anti racism in the public conciousness.

I will not take the knee because I generally do not protest at anything and certainly will not protest against the South Wales constabulary. I consider Anti Welsh baiting racist but it does not seem an issue for the Swansea Cardiff anti racist facebook group. Criticising English people pubicly never goes down very well in Wales.

It's worth bearing in mind British police are insulted,abused,stabbed,scratched ,spat at and even shot without so much as a murmour from the great British public.

Next time a bobby pays the ultimate price,maybe they will be a gesture of support too

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 15:53 - Feb 13 with 916 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 11:19 - Feb 13 by Dr_Parnassus

Isn’t Dhanda Asian? Or did I imagine it?

Born and raised in Birmingham.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 15:58 - Feb 13 with 910 viewsHighjack

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 15:53 - Feb 13 by onehunglow

It's worth bearing in mind British police are insulted,abused,stabbed,scratched ,spat at and even shot without so much as a murmour from the great British public.

Next time a bobby pays the ultimate price,maybe they will be a gesture of support too

There usually is in fairness. An officer killed in the line of duty is pretty much always national news. Thankfully it’s a lot rarer here than in the trigger happy environs of the home of the brave.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 16:02 - Feb 13 with 903 viewsonehunglow

Debatable.
Certainly sentencing do not reflect this.
I could draw up a litany of nasty assaults whereby the offender is given a derisory sentence.

This week saw a romanian (no racism meant) lady ,here illegally, repeatedly tab a bobby in the face with a pen .Horrific to watch.

Victims ,as a whole, are not seeing justice and it is a cause that merits some gesture .

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 16:24 - Feb 13 with 878 viewsTreforys_Jack

Indeed, the sweeping we're all racists on here statements is getting tiresome and lazy.
A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 16:31 - Feb 13 with 864 viewsNeath_Jack

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 16:24 - Feb 13 by Treforys_Jack

Indeed, the sweeping we're all racists on here statements is getting tiresome and lazy.

So are the people who claim they are being called racist all the time, when they clearly aren't.

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 16:37 - Feb 13 with 855 viewsTreforys_Jack

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 16:31 - Feb 13 by Neath_Jack

So are the people who claim they are being called racist all the time, when they clearly aren't.

Neathie, you know what your doing mun !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024