Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A message from a fan from abused by the far right 10:30 - Feb 13 with 21048 viewsRosey_Repeat

(I am posting this for him for fairly obvious reasons)

A MESSAGE TO ALL WELSH FOOTBALL FANS FROM ROD, A SWANSEA CITY FAN ABUSED BY THE FAR RIGHT

"Hi there, this is a message about an anti racism campaign Swansea and Cardiff fans are doing in the run up to the derby game on 20th March.

The message simply is this
RIVALS ON THE PITCH BUT UNITED AGAINST RACISM.

With the appalling racist abuse that Yan Dhanda had following the game against Man City, it re-emphasises the importance of players taking the knee in the fight to end racism.

Could you please spare a few seconds to
*make a video or photo of yourself taking the knee to be used in our social media and hopefully on a giant banner displayed at the game; please send it back to us standuptoracismswansea@gmail.com
* add your name here .
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfZUSZ8qjf5TxKzdo5FsHanCbrurn3TUTkFW0s-

The campaign against racism is so so important.

If you could spare a few seconds to do the video / photo and show your support to Yan Dhanda and also in the campaign against racism, that would be brilliant.

Thanks for your time,

Best Regards

Rod

#RIVALS ON THE PITCH UNITED AGAINST RACISM #SWANSEA#CARDIFF#"

Follow Jacks Against Racism and Fascism
https://www.facebook.com/Jacks-Against-Racism-and-Fascism-706130563097878
https://www.instagram.com/jacksagainstracismandfascism/
A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 23:01 - Feb 13 with 1394 viewsGroo

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 11:14 - Feb 13 by Neath_Jack

I've tied nothing in with nothing, other than the majority of posters on here are against taking the knee.

You appear to have made the mistake that many do, many deliberately as well, that not supporting taking the knee is because that person is racist.

This is simply not the case.

Many do not support taking the knee because this is closely associated by BLM and they do not believe BLM are a non political organization. Many believe the main people behind BLM are closely related to Marxist organizations.

This is a sticking point for many.

Groo does what Groo does best

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 23:08 - Feb 13 with 1379 viewsNotLoyal

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 19:03 - Feb 13 by swan_si

Taking the knee isn't the only way to have change, and that suits me. I hope I don't get cancelled or defunded for my opinion.

If you call everyone on here a racist you should be.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 23:21 - Feb 13 with 1348 viewsswan_si

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 23:08 - Feb 13 by NotLoyal

If you call everyone on here a racist you should be.

?
A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 23:23 - Feb 13 with 1339 viewsGroo

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 11:28 - Feb 13 by Neath_Jack

In your mind maybe.

I don't subscribe to the idea that our players taking the knee has any connection with the BLM movement in the USA, or it's all about Marxism etc. People that can't separate the two have their own issues.

Why this site operates has nothing to do with these discussions, not sure why you keep bringing that up.

No-one has said, as far as I know, that the players themselves associate taking the knee with BLM and Marxism.

Taking the knee has to be everyone's choice, some will accept its a a sign of the fight against racism, other will feel the association is too close and choose not to. Those who chose not to should not be vilified and accused of racism.

As far as people who do associate it with BLM having their own issues, again you appear to be judging people based on your opinion and those others are not allowed one.

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 23:24 - Feb 13 with 1335 viewsNotLoyal

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 23:21 - Feb 13 by swan_si

?

That could have been put better ( neathie take note, I admiited an error ) no issue at all with what you said, and apologies from a few months ago, I thought you were someone else 👍 Proof if it were ever needed we all make mistakes.

OK I've changed it.

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 23:26 - Feb 13 with 1329 viewsswan_si

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 23:24 - Feb 13 by NotLoyal

That could have been put better ( neathie take note, I admiited an error ) no issue at all with what you said, and apologies from a few months ago, I thought you were someone else 👍 Proof if it were ever needed we all make mistakes.

no problem.
A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 23:35 - Feb 13 with 1308 viewsNotLoyal

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 23:26 - Feb 13 by swan_si

no problem.

👍

OK I've changed it.

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 23:59 - Feb 13 with 1284 viewsKeithHaynes

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 22:58 - Feb 13 by NotLoyal

So, taking your comment, the first response to the OP why would this board not agree with it ? Are you accusing fireboy, risca , cattulus, Keith, Dr P, Joe Bradshaw, Phil s, OHL, flash, Highjack, and loads of others of being racist ? Because your post indicates they are
[Post edited 13 Feb 2021 23:06]

I think it was probably not that well thought out. I’m sure he will agree. Best left for now though.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

A message from a ia.from abused by the far right on 01:36 - Feb 14 with 1241 viewsJack123

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 18:54 - Feb 13 by londonlisa2001

It makes the person or people using violence, extreme. Not a movement. The vast majority of protests and protestors have been entirely peaceful. It was established as a peaceful movement for change.

You’d be hard pushed to find any movement for change in history that didn’t have some violence at some point from some people who support the movement.

Can’t win though can they. Violent protest is wrong (which I agree with). Non violent protest (taking a knee) is wrong. Some people just don’t agree that society needs changing. It doesn’t suit them to have change.

No words...apart from ha ha you sound like the mainstream media.

libera nos a malo

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 02:10 - Feb 14 with 1240 viewsDJack

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 21:25 - Feb 13 by onehunglow

I know more than you will ever know Butt.

Good for you. Mind you it has always been apparent as you always seem to argue with everyone else telling them how wrong they are...you must be awesome!

Either that or a bit of a fool. Either way I'm not bothered whilst you obviously are.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 03:23 - Feb 14 with 1228 viewsGroo

The biggest shame I think was the OP put up a very worthy post, whether you agree with bending the knee or not, most will agree with the anti-racial message.

Then before anyone can post in a good way, someone posts something derogatory against the posters on the board and sends it all sideways.

I agree with the view that this was done on purpose, at least with the intent to offend.

I could never understand the us and them view but some appear to believe in it.

If you are truly offended by the people who post here, then its simple, stay away.

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 10:22 - Feb 14 with 1154 viewsonehunglow

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 02:10 - Feb 14 by DJack

Good for you. Mind you it has always been apparent as you always seem to argue with everyone else telling them how wrong they are...you must be awesome!

Either that or a bit of a fool. Either way I'm not bothered whilst you obviously are.

Try either or DJ.
You're coming p on the rails alright as chief cheerleader.

Look in the glass ,son.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 10:55 - Feb 14 with 1152 viewsjackrabbit

I see that Brentford today are doing away with the pre-match gesture, following QPR’s lead. Brentford have decided that football’s anti-discrimination gesture ‘no longer ‘ has impact.

“Queens Park Rangers stopped taking the knee after Les Ferdinand, the club’s director of football, said that the impact of the gesture had become diluted.

Brentford last night said “as a group of players, we have decided” to stop.

“This decision has come after lengthy discussions as a group,” the club added. “We have been taking a knee before games since June but, like many of our fellow players at other clubs, no longer believe that this is having an impact. We believe we can use our time and energies to promote racial equality in other ways.”

The announcement comes after in-form striker Ivan Toney became one of the many recent victims of racist abuse on Instagram. “As a group we are fully behind and proud of Brentford’s desire to become the most inclusive club in the country and the drive towards equality under the #BeeTogether banner,” Brentford added. “We have experienced racist abuse first hand and have also seen some appalling comments made to other players past and present.”

Jon Varney, the club’s chief executive, said: “There have been detailed discussions on this topic both in the playing group and across the club. Taking a knee is just one way our players have been showing their commitment to racial equality. We supported their desire to do it and we now support their desire to focus on other ways to show this commitment.”
A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 11:03 - Feb 14 with 1141 viewsAndyCole

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 03:23 - Feb 14 by Groo

The biggest shame I think was the OP put up a very worthy post, whether you agree with bending the knee or not, most will agree with the anti-racial message.

Then before anyone can post in a good way, someone posts something derogatory against the posters on the board and sends it all sideways.

I agree with the view that this was done on purpose, at least with the intent to offend.

I could never understand the us and them view but some appear to believe in it.

If you are truly offended by the people who post here, then its simple, stay away.

Excellent post, couldn't agree more. Onwards and upwards.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 11:11 - Feb 14 with 1134 viewsRosey_Repeat

Thanks to all who have expressed support for Rod, he appreciates it as do all anti racists.

Here's an update from him

AN UPDATE Just a quick message to say that the RIVALS ON THE PITCH UNITED AGAINST RACISM campaign organised jointly by Swansea City and Cardiff City supporters has had been unbelievable and phenomenal in the last 24 hours with THOUSANDS supporting our campaign!
Support has come from Swansea and Cardiff fans and also all around the country!!!
The unity both set of fans have shown has been very powerful. The fact that 2 sets of fans who are fierce rivals on the pitch can unite on an important issue like this sets a great example to other rival clubs around the country and around the world. Yes Swansea and Cardiff are rivals but we are brothers and sisters together in our fight again racism.

Thank you all for your phenomenal support so far and please for those that haven’t yet, please fill in the details below to show our unity by sending a video with a short message or picture to show your support.

Thank you and take care all
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfZUSZ8qjf5TxKzdo5FsHanCbrurn3TUTkFW0s-
#RIVALS ON THE PITCH UNITED AGAINST RACISM#SWANSEA#CARDIFF#
A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 11:15 - Feb 14 with 1118 viewsonehunglow

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 11:03 - Feb 14 by AndyCole

Excellent post, couldn't agree more. Onwards and upwards.

Yes,but this site is in different hand with a nee mindset which bans wholescale personal abuse .Let's face it,we wind each other up rotten and it's easy to go overboard.

I actually see neath jacks point and yet I know what his agenda is.

Groo got it right though.

For what it's worth ,I m dubious about the knee bending but we have to change minds somehow so if it helps then good .

Peace and Love

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 11:15 - Feb 14 with 1132 viewsCatullus

Maybe people need to understand something, what you mean when you post something may be clear to you but how other people perceive it can be very different.

Of course, as Groo says it may have been to deliberately cause trouble, only Nj really knows the answer to that and no matter what he says now some people won't believe him.

The best thing to say now is....

All racism is wrong, kick it out, any wau you can.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 11:20 - Feb 14 with 1117 viewsonehunglow

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 11:15 - Feb 14 by Catullus

Maybe people need to understand something, what you mean when you post something may be clear to you but how other people perceive it can be very different.

Of course, as Groo says it may have been to deliberately cause trouble, only Nj really knows the answer to that and no matter what he says now some people won't believe him.

The best thing to say now is....

All racism is wrong, kick it out, any wau you can.

Very true.
All which is posted can be taken the wrong way.
Also,stuff is posted that is completely disingenuous and posted to impress chums
Then, jerks like me,have,in the past,posted with subtle and not so subtle text purely to challenge and bust internet chat room egos that are out of control.

Stuff like-"you're having a mare", etc.What absolute garbage.

On tinternet,you can be whoever you wanna be. People need to remember that

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 12:36 - Feb 14 with 1077 viewsKilkennyjack

Good luck OP - ✊🏾

Beware of the Risen People

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 12:46 - Feb 14 with 1077 viewsKeithHaynes

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 11:15 - Feb 14 by onehunglow

Yes,but this site is in different hand with a nee mindset which bans wholescale personal abuse .Let's face it,we wind each other up rotten and it's easy to go overboard.

I actually see neath jacks point and yet I know what his agenda is.

Groo got it right though.

For what it's worth ,I m dubious about the knee bending but we have to change minds somehow so if it helps then good .

Peace and Love

I’ve received no explanation for the initial comment, it would help if I did.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 12:50 - Feb 14 with 1073 views1983

Not for me thanks I'm not a racist and I don't need to prove to anyone in the world otherwise.

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 13:00 - Feb 14 with 1064 viewsraynor94

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 12:46 - Feb 14 by KeithHaynes

I’ve received no explanation for the initial comment, it would help if I did.

There was no need for the initial comment, it was bound to stir the pot

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 13:13 - Feb 14 with 1053 viewsGwyn737

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 10:55 - Feb 14 by jackrabbit

I see that Brentford today are doing away with the pre-match gesture, following QPR’s lead. Brentford have decided that football’s anti-discrimination gesture ‘no longer ‘ has impact.

“Queens Park Rangers stopped taking the knee after Les Ferdinand, the club’s director of football, said that the impact of the gesture had become diluted.

“This decision has come after lengthy discussions as a group,” the club added. “We have been taking a knee before games since June but, like many of our fellow players at other clubs, no longer believe that this is having an impact. We believe we can use our time and energies to promote racial equality in other ways.”

The announcement comes after in-form striker Ivan Toney became one of the many recent victims of racist abuse on Instagram. “As a group we are fully behind and proud of Brentford’s desire to become the most inclusive club in the country and the drive towards equality under the #BeeTogether banner,” Brentford added. “We have experienced racist abuse first hand and have also seen some appalling comments made to other players past and present.”

Jon Varney, the club’s chief executive, said: “There have been detailed discussions on this topic both in the playing group and across the club. Taking a knee is just one way our players have been showing their commitment to racial equality. We supported their desire to do it and we now support their desire to focus on other ways to show this commitment.”

A perfectly sensible approach after the club as a whole have put thought into it.

No mention of the BLM organisation in their process whether supporting it or not.

Nothing politicised at all.

Teams have the right to make their point in a way they wish. Some will choose to continue to kneel. That’s their choice.

If some fans choose to boo those who kneel, they need to have a good look at the assumptions they are making.
A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 13:17 - Feb 14 with 1049 viewsGlossolalia

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 10:55 - Feb 14 by jackrabbit

I can't argue with that; something original and relatable to the club itself. Even those in favour of the knee must admit it's getting rather stale and more of an automatic ritual than anything, let alone the well-documented contention behind it for many.

Bravo Brentford. Now go lose to Barnsley.😊
A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 14:21 - Feb 14 with 978 viewsKilkennyjack

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 13:17 - Feb 14 by Glossolalia

I can't argue with that; something original and relatable to the club itself. Even those in favour of the knee must admit it's getting rather stale and more of an automatic ritual than anything, let alone the well-documented contention behind it for many.

Bravo Brentford. Now go lose to Barnsley.😊

Our players want to do it, and i am proud of them for doing so.

Well done boys. ✊🏾

Keep it up.
Hopefully we will be the last club in the Football League still doing it in 2030.

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024