Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A message from a fan from abused by the far right 10:30 - Feb 13 with 20993 viewsRosey_Repeat

(I am posting this for him for fairly obvious reasons)

A MESSAGE TO ALL WELSH FOOTBALL FANS FROM ROD, A SWANSEA CITY FAN ABUSED BY THE FAR RIGHT

"Hi there, this is a message about an anti racism campaign Swansea and Cardiff fans are doing in the run up to the derby game on 20th March.

The message simply is this
RIVALS ON THE PITCH BUT UNITED AGAINST RACISM.

With the appalling racist abuse that Yan Dhanda had following the game against Man City, it re-emphasises the importance of players taking the knee in the fight to end racism.

Could you please spare a few seconds to
*make a video or photo of yourself taking the knee to be used in our social media and hopefully on a giant banner displayed at the game; please send it back to us standuptoracismswansea@gmail.com
* add your name here .
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfZUSZ8qjf5TxKzdo5FsHanCbrurn3TUTkFW0s-

The campaign against racism is so so important.

If you could spare a few seconds to do the video / photo and show your support to Yan Dhanda and also in the campaign against racism, that would be brilliant.

Thanks for your time,

Best Regards

Rod

#RIVALS ON THE PITCH UNITED AGAINST RACISM #SWANSEA#CARDIFF#"

Follow Jacks Against Racism and Fascism
https://www.facebook.com/Jacks-Against-Racism-and-Fascism-706130563097878
https://www.instagram.com/jacksagainstracismandfascism/
A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 18:10 - Feb 13 with 1280 viewsJack123

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 17:58 - Feb 13 by Neath_Jack

No squirming here my deleting comments friend.

And zero astonishment either.

And the day i take posting advice from you, will be the day that hell freezes over. You won't ever see me delete a single comment, let alone 20 or 30 at a time.

I have never deleted nothing on here mate.

I think you are thinking of the other board, which doesn't matter in regards to this topic, the point of the question is, How can you make such an antagonistic post so early on in the morning, it's like you have an axe to grind.

If that post was made on the other board, and I said, you will get plenty of knee takers here, would that not be asking for an argument?

libera nos a malo

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 18:15 - Feb 13 with 1272 viewslondonlisa2001

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 17:56 - Feb 13 by Glossolalia

The best position to change is from being knelt down to being upright.

It is not some culturally-entrenched gesture we need to reclaim from its very recent extremist connotations. For many, it's far too implicated still. And besides, who are you to claim knowledge of the motives behind the knee? How amazingly clear-cut and well defined. Typical naivety.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2021 18:00]

“ And besides, who are you to claim knowledge of the motives behind the knee? How amazingly clear-cut and well defined. Typical naivety.”

I can read what people say their motives are.

And the history of it, which is both well defined and easily understood across hundreds of different and diverse media sources.

I don’t, by the way, accept your definition of BLM as ‘extremist’. It’s a farcical description of the BLM movement.
A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 18:17 - Feb 13 with 1266 viewspencoedjack

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 17:20 - Feb 13 by Treforys_Jack

Indeed !! However Neathie says that's not what he means, then fine, I obviously got it wrong.

Me too & a few others it seems.
A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 18:21 - Feb 13 with 1250 viewsJack123

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 18:15 - Feb 13 by londonlisa2001

“ And besides, who are you to claim knowledge of the motives behind the knee? How amazingly clear-cut and well defined. Typical naivety.”

And the history of it, which is both well defined and easily understood across hundreds of different and diverse media sources.

I don’t, by the way, accept your definition of BLM as ‘extremist’. It’s a farcical description of the BLM movement.

You have no right to promote people taking the knee.. With some intellectual rubbish.

libera nos a malo

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 18:22 - Feb 13 with 1253 viewsCatullus

I would say anyone who uses violence to try and force their views on others is extreme and extremist.

SO the question would be, did BLM supporters use violence against other people? If they did does that make them extremist?

Dr P....

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 18:50 - Feb 13 with 1210 viewsswan_si

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 18:22 - Feb 13 by Catullus

I would say anyone who uses violence to try and force their views on others is extreme and extremist.

SO the question would be, did BLM supporters use violence against other people? If they did does that make them extremist?

Dr P....

You're joking right?
A quick search on Google will give you all the answers you need.

"If they did does that make them extremist"
I would say you answered that in your 1st sentence.
A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 18:54 - Feb 13 with 1194 viewslondonlisa2001

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 18:22 - Feb 13 by Catullus

Dr P....

It makes the person or people using violence, extreme. Not a movement. The vast majority of protests and protestors have been entirely peaceful. It was established as a peaceful movement for change.

You’d be hard pushed to find any movement for change in history that didn’t have some violence at some point from some people who support the movement.

Can’t win though can they. Violent protest is wrong (which I agree with). Non violent protest (taking a knee) is wrong. Some people just don’t agree that society needs changing. It doesn’t suit them to have change.
A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 19:03 - Feb 13 with 1175 viewsswan_si

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 18:54 - Feb 13 by londonlisa2001

It makes the person or people using violence, extreme. Not a movement. The vast majority of protests and protestors have been entirely peaceful. It was established as a peaceful movement for change.

You’d be hard pushed to find any movement for change in history that didn’t have some violence at some point from some people who support the movement.

Can’t win though can they. Violent protest is wrong (which I agree with). Non violent protest (taking a knee) is wrong. Some people just don’t agree that society needs changing. It doesn’t suit them to have change.

Taking the knee isn't the only way to have change, and that suits me. I hope I don't get cancelled or defunded for my opinion.
Login to get fewer ads

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 19:03 - Feb 13 with 1174 viewslondonlisa2001

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 18:21 - Feb 13 by Jack123

You have no right to promote people taking the knee.. With some intellectual rubbish.

I think you’ve failed to understand I was quoting someone..,
A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 19:04 - Feb 13 with 1173 viewsCatullus

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 18:54 - Feb 13 by londonlisa2001

That's kind of the point, Lisa. 93% of BLM protests were peaceful but to some that is enough to call the whole movement violent and extremist. To myself it was their stated political aims that were more of a problem.

After all, there were also violent Trump supporters but Trump was guilty of far more incitement as far as I can see.

Taking the knee should be a personal choice, not something forced on people. Society definitely needs changing but we won't do it by causing more arguments and all some people want to do is cause arguments.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 19:15 - Feb 13 with 1149 viewsJack123

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 19:03 - Feb 13 by londonlisa2001

I think you’ve failed to understand I was quoting someone..,

So what was the point in putting up that post? I could see it from the commas, so what I have I misunderstood?

libera nos a malo

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 19:32 - Feb 13 with 1132 viewsGlossolalia

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 18:15 - Feb 13 by londonlisa2001

And around we go. See you down the line for our next diametrically-opposed discussion of very little consequence.

Extremism comes in all forms, from a face covered in piercings, to a collective who wanted (a still do, let's not kid ourselves) the dissolution of most that you hold dear. This isn't guesswork and I'm tired of repeating the same stuff to the willfully ignorant. Nos da.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2021 19:45]
A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 20:33 - Feb 13 with 1077 viewsTreforys_Jack

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 17:42 - Feb 13 by Neath_Jack

I don't know, but because i read and post on this board pretty much every day, and taking the knee has had massive discussions on here, and in my opinion (that bit is important) the majority on here do not approve of taking the knee.

A few have already made their views in this thread, there are plenty of others who have yet to comment.

No worries, as you say we all want the same thing, pleasant exchange, cheers. I must be in the wrong as I have dadsarmy following me around downarrowing me and Jack 123 agreeing with me
[Post edited 13 Feb 2021 20:33]
A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 20:36 - Feb 13 with 1064 viewsonehunglow

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 19:32 - Feb 13 by Glossolalia

And around we go. See you down the line for our next diametrically-opposed discussion of very little consequence.

Extremism comes in all forms, from a face covered in piercings, to a collective who wanted (a still do, let's not kid ourselves) the dissolution of most that you hold dear. This isn't guesswork and I'm tired of repeating the same stuff to the willfully ignorant. Nos da.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2021 19:45]

You have to bear in mind lisa's legendary status as a forensic accountant and social spokesperson. She's always the one to put us straight as to where we go wrong.

This thread again showing naked hypocrisy on an epic scale.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 21:03 - Feb 13 with 1043 viewsDJack

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 20:36 - Feb 13 by onehunglow

You have to bear in mind lisa's legendary status as a forensic accountant and social spokesperson. She's always the one to put us straight as to where we go wrong.

This thread again showing naked hypocrisy on an epic scale.

Now at last you see sense...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 21:25 - Feb 13 with 1014 viewsonehunglow

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 21:03 - Feb 13 by DJack

Now at last you see sense...

I know more than you will ever know Butt.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 21:26 - Feb 13 with 1016 viewsJack123

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 20:33 - Feb 13 by Treforys_Jack

No worries, as you say we all want the same thing, pleasant exchange, cheers. I must be in the wrong as I have dadsarmy following me around downarrowing me and Jack 123 agreeing with me
[Post edited 13 Feb 2021 20:33]

Just for the record I have not agreed to any posts you have made. I have seen your contributions earlier on, but I have no way engaged with any of it, so I can't understand why you would say that.

libera nos a malo

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 21:34 - Feb 13 with 1007 viewsTreforys_Jack

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 21:26 - Feb 13 by Jack123

Just for the record I have not agreed to any posts you have made. I have seen your contributions earlier on, but I have no way engaged with any of it, so I can't understand why you would say that.

You're a funny guy, without meaning to be.
A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 21:42 - Feb 13 with 997 viewsJack123

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 21:34 - Feb 13 by Treforys_Jack

You're a funny guy, without meaning to be.

Without meaning to be? Hmm Guess you are calling me thick? That's ok, tell me though where did I and I mean I engage in your posts.

libera nos a malo

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 21:52 - Feb 13 with 984 viewsFlashberryjack

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 21:42 - Feb 13 by Jack123

Without meaning to be? Hmm Guess you are calling me thick? That's ok, tell me though where did I and I mean I engage in your posts.

Brentford won't be taking the knee against Barnsley tomorrow.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/brentford-fc-taking-a-knee-black-lives

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 21:55 - Feb 13 with 974 viewsJack123

I'm wondering if the op is legitimate, because it goes from Rosey Repeat on here to Pontyboi on the ps board.

libera nos a malo

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 22:06 - Feb 13 with 960 viewsJack123

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 21:52 - Feb 13 by Flashberryjack

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/brentford-fc-taking-a-knee-black-lives

Good for them, hopefully more to follow, a knee gesture associated with blm, does IMO do absolutely nothing to combat racism.

libera nos a malo

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 22:24 - Feb 13 with 943 viewspencoedjack

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 21:52 - Feb 13 by Flashberryjack

Maybe it would be good to start a Britain or football against racism stand.

I’m sure everyone would unite behind it 👍
A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 22:31 - Feb 13 with 931 viewsNotLoyal

It's like leaving the kids home alone 😂

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 22:58 - Feb 13 with 903 viewsNotLoyal

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 10:42 - Feb 13 by Neath_Jack

Good luck Rod, this won't go down well on here.

MAKE RACISTS AND HATE SPEECH UNACCEPTABLE IN OUR GAME.
THOSE THAT DO NOTHING ARE AS BAD AS THOSE THAT PROMOTE INTOLERANCE. THOSE THAT ACCUSE AND FIND IT FUNNY ARE A PART OF THE PROBLEM.

This post has been edited by an administrator

So, taking your comment, the first response to the OP why would this board not agree with it ? Are you accusing fireboy, risca , cattulus, Keith, Dr P, Joe Bradshaw, Phil s, OHL, flash, Highjack, and loads of others of being racist ? Because your post indicates they are
[Post edited 13 Feb 2021 23:06]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024