Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A message from a fan from abused by the far right 10:30 - Feb 13 with 21063 viewsRosey_Repeat

(I am posting this for him for fairly obvious reasons)

A MESSAGE TO ALL WELSH FOOTBALL FANS FROM ROD, A SWANSEA CITY FAN ABUSED BY THE FAR RIGHT

"Hi there, this is a message about an anti racism campaign Swansea and Cardiff fans are doing in the run up to the derby game on 20th March.

The message simply is this
RIVALS ON THE PITCH BUT UNITED AGAINST RACISM.

With the appalling racist abuse that Yan Dhanda had following the game against Man City, it re-emphasises the importance of players taking the knee in the fight to end racism.

Could you please spare a few seconds to
*make a video or photo of yourself taking the knee to be used in our social media and hopefully on a giant banner displayed at the game; please send it back to us standuptoracismswansea@gmail.com
* add your name here .
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfZUSZ8qjf5TxKzdo5FsHanCbrurn3TUTkFW0s-

The campaign against racism is so so important.

If you could spare a few seconds to do the video / photo and show your support to Yan Dhanda and also in the campaign against racism, that would be brilliant.

Thanks for your time,

Best Regards

Rod

#RIVALS ON THE PITCH UNITED AGAINST RACISM #SWANSEA#CARDIFF#"

Follow Jacks Against Racism and Fascism
https://www.facebook.com/Jacks-Against-Racism-and-Fascism-706130563097878
https://www.instagram.com/jacksagainstracismandfascism/
A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 16:43 - Feb 13 with 1044 viewsNeath_Jack

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 16:37 - Feb 13 by Treforys_Jack

Neathie, you know what your doing mun !

Perhaps I'm even duller than i thought i was.

With respect, would you explain to me what i am doing, other than offering a different opinion to some.

You made a sweeping statement about make believe sweeping statements. There are two hefty'ish threads at the top of this board, could you point out where people have been called racists in them.

I'll check back in after the rugby

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 16:49 - Feb 13 with 1032 viewsGwyn737

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 14:50 - Feb 13 by Glossolalia

A joint message against racism? Absolutely, and timely, given the abuse of our Asian player.

Permanent bans for racists on this site? Bang on.

Taking the knee? No chance.

I'll sum this up an uncharacteristically succinct way:

Without BLM, there would be no taking the knee before matches. To suggest the two are not linked is totally absurd.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2021 14:55]

Colin Kaepernick took the knee well before the BLM association.
A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 16:51 - Feb 13 with 1027 viewsTreforys_Jack

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 16:43 - Feb 13 by Neath_Jack

Perhaps I'm even duller than i thought i was.

With respect, would you explain to me what i am doing, other than offering a different opinion to some.

You made a sweeping statement about make believe sweeping statements. There are two hefty'ish threads at the top of this board, could you point out where people have been called racists in them.

I'll check back in after the rugby

No need, you're probably the only person who maintains they don't know what you're doing.
A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 16:58 - Feb 13 with 1015 viewsNeath_Jack

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 16:51 - Feb 13 by Treforys_Jack

No need, you're probably the only person who maintains they don't know what you're doing.

I've got no quarrel with you, I'm genuinely asking you (politely) what it is that you think i am doing.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 17:02 - Feb 13 with 1003 viewsCatullus

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 11:11 - Feb 13 by jasper_T

Plenty on here have opposed having to see our players taking a knee, clearly stated they would never do it themselves ("submissive gesture", wasn't it?) etc. Fans wouldn't put up with it once allowed back in the stadium, apparently.

Lots of "anti-Marxists" finding ways to oppose BLM and everything it represents. Dress it up any way you like, it's a Right-leaning board even ignoring the flag-waving Trump-supporters.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2021 11:11]

I can think of two "flag waving Trump supporters" but that aside, what is wrong with someone leaning towards the right? It doesn't automatically make anyone a racist. I know some dyed in the wool Labour supporters who had quite strong views about non white people, racists are spread across the political divide.

Suggesting that an anti racism thread won't go down well on here is pretty much accusing the majority here of being racist. That's how it looks.

As it goes I won't be taking the knee and filming it, not because I disagree but purely because I cannot physically do it, my hips and knees being knackered, I would if I could though. Because, while I don't support the political movement that is BLM I do support Kick it out.

All racism is wrong, kick it out.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 17:03 - Feb 13 with 1000 viewsTreforys_Jack

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 16:58 - Feb 13 by Neath_Jack

I've got no quarrel with you, I'm genuinely asking you (politely) what it is that you think i am doing.

You are generalising that this board is racist. You don't put the same type of messages on planet swans.
A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 17:05 - Feb 13 with 996 viewslondonlisa2001

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 16:49 - Feb 13 by Gwyn737

Colin Kaepernick took the knee well before the BLM association.

Don’t confuse the conversation with facts mun.

It’s worth pointing out it’s a gesture which also has historical connection with the civil rights movement as MLK and others knelt in prayer following arrest at Selma.

BLM adopted it due to its history and resonance rather than the other way round.
A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 17:06 - Feb 13 with 992 viewsNeath_Jack

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 17:02 - Feb 13 by Catullus

I can think of two "flag waving Trump supporters" but that aside, what is wrong with someone leaning towards the right? It doesn't automatically make anyone a racist. I know some dyed in the wool Labour supporters who had quite strong views about non white people, racists are spread across the political divide.

Suggesting that an anti racism thread won't go down well on here is pretty much accusing the majority here of being racist. That's how it looks.

As it goes I won't be taking the knee and filming it, not because I disagree but purely because I cannot physically do it, my hips and knees being knackered, I would if I could though. Because, while I don't support the political movement that is BLM I do support Kick it out.

All racism is wrong, kick it out.

"Suggesting that an anti racism thread won't go down well on here is pretty much accusing the majority here of being racist. That's how it looks."

That's how you want it to look. Along the same lines as what Tref is angling at i think. In my 2nd or 3rd post in this thread, i quite clearly state why i thought it wouldn't go down well. If you then chose to think it means something else, then that is your issue not mine.

Login to get fewer ads

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 17:08 - Feb 13 with 985 viewsNeath_Jack

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 17:03 - Feb 13 by Treforys_Jack

You are generalising that this board is racist. You don't put the same type of messages on planet swans.

What does my 3rd or 4th post in this thread say. You are conveniently ignoring that. What an earth has planet swans got to do with this thread or board?

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 17:12 - Feb 13 with 974 viewspencoedjack

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 17:03 - Feb 13 by Treforys_Jack

Aye when I have a look over there they all seem to say it.

Strange how posters who post it won’t say who they claim the racists are.
A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 17:18 - Feb 13 with 951 viewsCatullus

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 17:06 - Feb 13 by Neath_Jack

"Suggesting that an anti racism thread won't go down well on here is pretty much accusing the majority here of being racist. That's how it looks."

That's how you want it to look. Along the same lines as what Tref is angling at i think. In my 2nd or 3rd post in this thread, i quite clearly state why i thought it wouldn't go down well. If you then chose to think it means something else, then that is your issue not mine.

That is not how I want it to look, that is how it looks and that is why Not Loyal took issue with you. That you cannot see that is not my problem.

Has anybody objected to the OP? I don't think so but people have objected to your post, the perception of your post is a veiled accusation of racism.

All racism is bad, kick it out.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 17:20 - Feb 13 with 946 viewsTreforys_Jack

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 17:12 - Feb 13 by pencoedjack

Aye when I have a look over there they all seem to say it.

Strange how posters who post it won’t say who they claim the racists are.

Indeed !! However Neathie says that's not what he means, then fine, I obviously got it wrong.
A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 17:23 - Feb 13 with 942 viewsGlossolalia

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 17:05 - Feb 13 by londonlisa2001

Don’t confuse the conversation with facts mun.

It’s worth pointing out it’s a gesture which also has historical connection with the civil rights movement as MLK and others knelt in prayer following arrest at Selma.

BLM adopted it due to its history and resonance rather than the other way round.

So adopted by BLM. Then adopted by the FA.

What preceded BLM isn't the issue. Whether it was created or assumed by BLM, the gesture is inextricably linked to them.

Is Lyle Taylor incorrect, then? Is he conflating the gesture with BLM? Of course he isn't, and you know it. We need more like him in sport. An actual thinker.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2021 17:27]
A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 17:23 - Feb 13 with 941 viewsNeath_Jack

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 17:18 - Feb 13 by Catullus

That is not how I want it to look, that is how it looks and that is why Not Loyal took issue with you. That you cannot see that is not my problem.

Has anybody objected to the OP? I don't think so but people have objected to your post, the perception of your post is a veiled accusation of racism.

Who said anyone would object to the post, you're making things up again.

It's absolutely your problem that you want it to read the way you do. I was crystal clear as to why it wouldn't go down well here, couldn't have been any clearer. You don't get to decide what is meant when somebody tells you what they meant.

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 17:26 - Feb 13 with 933 viewsCatullus

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 14:50 - Feb 13 by Glossolalia

A joint message against racism? Absolutely, and timely, given the abuse of our Asian player.

Permanent bans for racists on this site? Bang on.

Taking the knee? No chance.

I'll sum this up an uncharacteristically succinct way:

Without BLM, there would be no taking the knee before matches. To suggest the two are not linked is totally absurd.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2021 14:55]

As Lisa explained, taking the knee was around before BLM. Shall I compare it to the Swastika whose original meaning is lost to most as it's destined to be forever associated with the Nazi's.

We shouldn't allow taking the knee to go that way, it's being used in a genuine fight against racism, forget BLM, as Dr P predicted, they went all quiet when the US elections were over. Don't associate taking the knee with anything other than what the aims and intentions of "Kick it out" are, which is to beat racism.

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 17:32 - Feb 13 with 920 viewsDJack

What i find very amusing (NOT) is that many people on this board didn't go to the other board as they felt " they were hounded out of posting" by posters who migrated.

Neathie made a post and qualified it with a perfectly reasonable answer:

"We both know, the majority of people on here do not agree with players taking the knee. Itch got temporarily banned for suggesting as much the other night too. "

Yet the mob is out inforce twisting his reply into something that he did not say. Even more ironically one of the claims is that his post actually allude to something sinister... which is a claim many on here levelled at the Planet Swans posters before the move.

Absolute hypocrits.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 17:34 - Feb 13 with 913 viewslondonlisa2001

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 17:23 - Feb 13 by Glossolalia

So adopted by BLM. Then adopted by the FA.

What preceded BLM isn't the issue. Whether it was created or assumed by BLM, the gesture is inextricably linked to them.

Is Lyle Taylor incorrect, then? Is he conflating the gesture with BLM? Of course he isn't, and you know it. We need more like him in sport. An actual thinker.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2021 17:27]

You stated that without BLM the taking of the knee in sports would not happen when it was the other way round.

Lyle Taylor is perfectly entitled to do as he wishes and to express his opinion. Many others have explicitly stated that they are not taking the knee as anything other than a protest against racism and it’s not linked to BLM. They are, I’m sure you’ll agree, also entitled to do as they wish and to express their opinions. In the same way as Lyle Taylor shouldn’t be booed or criticised, neither should those who wish to take the knee.

The number of times there have been posts on this board saying something along the lines of ‘they’ll soon stop once fans are back’ or ‘we’ll let them know what we think’ is incredible. Most claim a dislike of ‘Marxism’.
It’s, of course, possible that those that express such an opinion are well versed in the practical implications of Marxism on a western capitalist society. It’s also possible that they are just a bunch of racists.
A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 17:36 - Feb 13 with 903 viewsTreforys_Jack

The majority on here don't support taking the knee? Okay then, just the obvious question, how do you know?
A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 17:42 - Feb 13 with 887 viewsNeath_Jack

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 17:36 - Feb 13 by Treforys_Jack

The majority on here don't support taking the knee? Okay then, just the obvious question, how do you know?

I don't know, but because i read and post on this board pretty much every day, and taking the knee has had massive discussions on here, and in my opinion (that bit is important) the majority on here do not approve of taking the knee.

A few have already made their views in this thread, there are plenty of others who have yet to comment.

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 17:43 - Feb 13 with 884 viewsGlossolalia

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 17:34 - Feb 13 by londonlisa2001

You stated that without BLM the taking of the knee in sports would not happen when it was the other way round.

Lyle Taylor is perfectly entitled to do as he wishes and to express his opinion. Many others have explicitly stated that they are not taking the knee as anything other than a protest against racism and it’s not linked to BLM. They are, I’m sure you’ll agree, also entitled to do as they wish and to express their opinions. In the same way as Lyle Taylor shouldn’t be booed or criticised, neither should those who wish to take the knee.

The number of times there have been posts on this board saying something along the lines of ‘they’ll soon stop once fans are back’ or ‘we’ll let them know what we think’ is incredible. Most claim a dislike of ‘Marxism’.
It’s, of course, possible that those that express such an opinion are well versed in the practical implications of Marxism on a western capitalist society. It’s also possible that they are just a bunch of racists.

Wrong. I'm talking about the FA, and since June (my God) have only debated about its inclusion in football, and not sports in general.

The FA adopting BLM and the players taking the knee in June, in explicit support of BLM, is exactly the reason why it started. BLM logos, BLM flags in stadia, Black Lives Matter mentioned during the knee being taken. It is absolutely not the 'other way around' where English football is concerned. Can you concede that?

As for your second two paragraphs, file under 'obviously implied'.

I do believe most on here are against the knee. Good. And also, I don't believe NeathJack has said or implied anyone is racist on this thread. He simply made a terse comment that elicited the usual responses.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2021 17:45]
A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 17:48 - Feb 13 with 870 viewslondonlisa2001

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 17:43 - Feb 13 by Glossolalia

Wrong. I'm talking about the FA, and since June (my God) have only debated about its inclusion in football, and not sports in general.

The FA adopting BLM and the players taking the knee in June, in explicit support of BLM, is exactly the reason why it started. BLM logos, BLM flags in stadia, Black Lives Matter mentioned during the knee being taken. It is absolutely not the 'other way around' where English football is concerned. Can you concede that?

As for your second two paragraphs, file under 'obviously implied'.

I do believe most on here are against the knee. Good. And also, I don't believe NeathJack has said or implied anyone is racist on this thread. He simply made a terse comment that elicited the usual responses.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2021 17:45]

The FA adopted support of BLM.

They have since changed their position.

The gesture has continued as a more general show of solidarity.
A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 17:50 - Feb 13 with 861 viewsJack123

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 17:42 - Feb 13 by Neath_Jack

I don't know, but because i read and post on this board pretty much every day, and taking the knee has had massive discussions on here, and in my opinion (that bit is important) the majority on here do not approve of taking the knee.

A few have already made their views in this thread, there are plenty of others who have yet to comment.

It's good comedy, watching you trying to squirm your way out of those remarks you made, and the funniest thing you pretend to be astonished when questioned on said remarks.

You should have let the OP ride, nobody would have disagreed, or argued!

Then you make an antagonistic comment, and plead innocence.

libera nos a malo

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 17:56 - Feb 13 with 851 viewsGlossolalia

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 17:48 - Feb 13 by londonlisa2001

The FA adopted support of BLM.

They have since changed their position.

The gesture has continued as a more general show of solidarity.

The best position to change is from being knelt down to being upright.

It is not some culturally-entrenched gesture we need to reclaim from its very recent extremist connotations. For many, it's far too implicated still. And besides, who are you to claim knowledge of the motives behind the knee? How amazingly clear-cut and well defined. Typical naivety.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2021 18:00]
A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 17:58 - Feb 13 with 846 viewsNeath_Jack

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 17:50 - Feb 13 by Jack123

It's good comedy, watching you trying to squirm your way out of those remarks you made, and the funniest thing you pretend to be astonished when questioned on said remarks.

You should have let the OP ride, nobody would have disagreed, or argued!

Then you make an antagonistic comment, and plead innocence.

No squirming here my deleting comments friend.

And zero astonishment either.

And the day i take posting advice from you, will be the day that hell freezes over. You won't ever see me delete a single comment, let alone 20 or 30 at a time.

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 18:09 - Feb 13 with 830 viewsCatullus

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 17:23 - Feb 13 by Neath_Jack

Who said anyone would object to the post, you're making things up again.

It's absolutely your problem that you want it to read the way you do. I was crystal clear as to why it wouldn't go down well here, couldn't have been any clearer. You don't get to decide what is meant when somebody tells you what they meant.

I'm not making anything up. If the thread didn't go down well maybe people would object to it, they didn't.
People did object to your post though.

Again I do not want it to read that way, I cannot force other posters to read it that way yet they did.
Where you are getting confused is between what you say you meant and what other peoples perception is of what you meant.
What I very definitely do get to decide is what I myself think you meant. Just as you get to decide what you think any of my posts mean.

When you say I'm making things up again, do you mean I'm making things up, or something else? What was the last thing I made up?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024