Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A message from a fan from abused by the far right 10:30 - Feb 13 with 21047 viewsRosey_Repeat

(I am posting this for him for fairly obvious reasons)

A MESSAGE TO ALL WELSH FOOTBALL FANS FROM ROD, A SWANSEA CITY FAN ABUSED BY THE FAR RIGHT

"Hi there, this is a message about an anti racism campaign Swansea and Cardiff fans are doing in the run up to the derby game on 20th March.

The message simply is this
RIVALS ON THE PITCH BUT UNITED AGAINST RACISM.

With the appalling racist abuse that Yan Dhanda had following the game against Man City, it re-emphasises the importance of players taking the knee in the fight to end racism.

Could you please spare a few seconds to
*make a video or photo of yourself taking the knee to be used in our social media and hopefully on a giant banner displayed at the game; please send it back to us standuptoracismswansea@gmail.com
* add your name here .
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfZUSZ8qjf5TxKzdo5FsHanCbrurn3TUTkFW0s-

The campaign against racism is so so important.

If you could spare a few seconds to do the video / photo and show your support to Yan Dhanda and also in the campaign against racism, that would be brilliant.

Thanks for your time,

Best Regards

Rod

#RIVALS ON THE PITCH UNITED AGAINST RACISM #SWANSEA#CARDIFF#"

Follow Jacks Against Racism and Fascism
https://www.facebook.com/Jacks-Against-Racism-and-Fascism-706130563097878
https://www.instagram.com/jacksagainstracismandfascism/
A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 11:28 - Feb 13 with 1237 viewsNeath_Jack

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 11:19 - Feb 13 by NotLoyal

You have though, by responding to an anti racist post including people on here who are anti BLM as if it’s linked. If that’s not your intention then why not put it on a different thread and not on this one. You knew exactly what you were doing, without consternation for why this site operates and not one ounce of consideration for the person who makes that happen. Maybe we should all be a bit more thoughtful on how we respond to things, take a step backwards etc.

In your mind maybe.

I don't subscribe to the idea that our players taking the knee has any connection with the BLM movement in the USA, or it's all about Marxism etc. People that can't separate the two have their own issues.

Why this site operates has nothing to do with these discussions, not sure why you keep bringing that up.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 11:29 - Feb 13 with 1236 viewsNeath_Jack

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 11:23 - Feb 13 by Highjack

Taking the knee hasn’t been very effective in America though. They’ve been doing it for five years now. But the thread isn’t about that. I’m sure the OP would happily accept videos and pictures of people showing support in other ways?

I was reading through some of the lovely comments on Yan’s Twitter page from people all over the world showing him love and support. That’s far more effective than some silly little gesture. Just thousands of decent people coming together to show some love and to condemn the pondlife who sent him that message. You’re never going to eradicate these people completely. It’s literally impossible. I’m not sure what the end goal is here.

Whether it has been effective in USA has absolutely no bearing on what this thread is about, or the beliefs on taking the knee to the majority of posters on this board.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 11:30 - Feb 13 with 1229 viewsNotLoyal

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 11:29 - Feb 13 by Neath_Jack

Whether it has been effective in USA has absolutely no bearing on what this thread is about, or the beliefs on taking the knee to the majority of posters on this board.

Which is incorrect.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 11:32 - Feb 13 with 1220 viewsChief

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 11:25 - Feb 13 by NotLoyal

There’s a big difference to there being plenty of BLM threads around to making complete statements that undermine this website. People who don’t get that need some air.

What's been undermined? As far as i can see he was only stating the reality of the situation?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 11:36 - Feb 13 with 1207 viewsNotLoyal

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 11:32 - Feb 13 by Chief

What's been undermined? As far as i can see he was only stating the reality of the situation?

Cheers mate, I’ve got a far more interesting chat to have with a deaf guy with a seven second memory who runs round in circles all day..

Have a good day.

OK I've changed it.

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 11:47 - Feb 13 with 1187 viewsChief

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 11:36 - Feb 13 by NotLoyal

Cheers mate, I’ve got a far more interesting chat to have with a deaf guy with a seven second memory who runs round in circles all day..

Have a good day.

Do enjoy.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 11:48 - Feb 13 with 1187 viewsNotLoyal

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 10:42 - Feb 13 by Neath_Jack

Good luck Rod, this won't go down well on here.

MAKE RACISTS AND HATE SPEECH UNACCEPTABLE IN OUR GAME.
THOSE THAT DO NOTHING ARE AS BAD AS THOSE THAT PROMOTE INTOLERANCE. THOSE THAT ACCUSE AND FIND IT FUNNY ARE A PART OF THE PROBLEM.

This post has been edited by an administrator

That’s exactly what you did 😂
You have a good day too.

OK I've changed it.

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 11:50 - Feb 13 with 1178 viewsNeath_Jack

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 11:30 - Feb 13 by NotLoyal

Which is incorrect.

In your opinion, footballers have come out to say that are doing it as a stand against racism, and nothing to do with the American movement.

Login to get fewer ads

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 11:51 - Feb 13 with 1175 viewsNeath_Jack

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 11:48 - Feb 13 by NotLoyal

That’s exactly what you did 😂
You have a good day too.

So i was correct then.

Enjoy your day.

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 12:08 - Feb 13 with 1154 viewsNortbankboy

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 11:51 - Feb 13 by Neath_Jack

So i was correct then.

Enjoy your day.

Well our players are taking the knee
And I support them
A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 12:32 - Feb 13 with 1129 viewsCatullus

I was against BLM but don't oppose taking the knee. There may be a fewa round here who oppose taking the knee but not the majority. Neathie is entitled to his opinion but I disagree with it.

All racism is wrong, kick it out.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 12:44 - Feb 13 with 1116 viewsswan_si

Would be more than happy to make a quick video supporting KICK IT OUT, but not taking a knee, KICK IT OUT means ALL racism.
A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 13:09 - Feb 13 with 1097 viewsReslovenSwan1

'Taking the knee' is a "protest" against police brutality in the USA and gained traction globally after the murder of George Floyd a serial offender in a number of crimes including physical violence.

The FA have confused the picture by firstly supporting BLM then quietly withdrawing their support after concerns of the political nature of BLM and "repackaging" the 'taking of the knee' for their own non political generic aganda. This is not a "protest" but a "message" aparently. Smoke and mirrors perhaps? I can imagine a 19 years old footballers asking "what is it about?". "Racism mate just kneel".

Players are therefore in 'public perception' both 'protesting' an 'messaging'. Red tops still link 'taking the knee' as a 'protest' not a 'message'. The BLM logo is to the fore on the anti racist facebook page.

I have argued that i will not take the knee because I have no issue with the South Wales Constabulary over brutality against black people and I was concerned that by taking the knee I would be construed to be criticising the SWP. Policemen and women generally do a good job and live in our communities. Often neighbours and friends and the sort of people that will help you out in a crisis. I wracked my brain to remember any high profile incidence of police brutality against ethnic people in south Wales. I drew a blank. My agument has however changed.

The IOPC (Independent Office for Police Conduct) are currently investigating the death of Mohamud Mohammed Hassan in Cardiff in January He died at home after released from custody. It is not even on the radar not mentioned by players not recognised by either Cardiff or Swansea city. Not even on the Anti racist facebook page.

What make George Floyd more important to us than Mohamud Mohammed Hassan? Why is the behaviour of the police in Minneapolis more important than the South Wales Constabulary? why are the FA using a 'BLM protest' gesture for their apparent 'generic message'.

The answer is of course is because people are 'going with he flow' generated by US centric global media and ignoring our own BBC / ITV Wales and our own problems. I am more concerned by Mohamud Mohammed Hassan than Yan Dhanda. No tributes to Mohamud Mohammed Hassan.

If the Swansea squad are concerned why are they not making a meeting with the South Wales Police Commisioner about this local case?

Some wag will no doubt comment on the incident being in Cardiff and nothing to do with Swansea but I argue it is the SWP at issue here and they cover Swansea.

Wise sage since Toshack era

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 13:19 - Feb 13 with 1083 viewsTreforys_Jack

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 11:28 - Feb 13 by Neath_Jack

In your mind maybe.

I don't subscribe to the idea that our players taking the knee has any connection with the BLM movement in the USA, or it's all about Marxism etc. People that can't separate the two have their own issues.

Why this site operates has nothing to do with these discussions, not sure why you keep bringing that up.

You don't think players taking the knee is connected to BLM ? The FA have made a real hash of this in the desperate rush to be seen to support. What should have happened is the kick it out campaign should have been beefed up, and consequences of racist behaviour been serious and long lasting. The perpetrator of the Yan Dhanda abuse is a perfect example, virtually zero consequences, shocking to be frank.
A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 13:35 - Feb 13 with 1061 viewsReslovenSwan1

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 13:19 - Feb 13 by Treforys_Jack

You don't think players taking the knee is connected to BLM ? The FA have made a real hash of this in the desperate rush to be seen to support. What should have happened is the kick it out campaign should have been beefed up, and consequences of racist behaviour been serious and long lasting. The perpetrator of the Yan Dhanda abuse is a perfect example, virtually zero consequences, shocking to be frank.

The press could name him/her unless Facebook is protecting his/her annonymity and he he would get pelters and club bans etc. One reason they might be protecting him or her identitiy is that the person involved in under age and just a bit immature.

Wise sage since Toshack era

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 13:44 - Feb 13 with 1053 viewsCatullus

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 13:09 - Feb 13 by ReslovenSwan1

'Taking the knee' is a "protest" against police brutality in the USA and gained traction globally after the murder of George Floyd a serial offender in a number of crimes including physical violence.

The FA have confused the picture by firstly supporting BLM then quietly withdrawing their support after concerns of the political nature of BLM and "repackaging" the 'taking of the knee' for their own non political generic aganda. This is not a "protest" but a "message" aparently. Smoke and mirrors perhaps? I can imagine a 19 years old footballers asking "what is it about?". "Racism mate just kneel".

Players are therefore in 'public perception' both 'protesting' an 'messaging'. Red tops still link 'taking the knee' as a 'protest' not a 'message'. The BLM logo is to the fore on the anti racist facebook page.

I have argued that i will not take the knee because I have no issue with the South Wales Constabulary over brutality against black people and I was concerned that by taking the knee I would be construed to be criticising the SWP. Policemen and women generally do a good job and live in our communities. Often neighbours and friends and the sort of people that will help you out in a crisis. I wracked my brain to remember any high profile incidence of police brutality against ethnic people in south Wales. I drew a blank. My agument has however changed.

The IOPC (Independent Office for Police Conduct) are currently investigating the death of Mohamud Mohammed Hassan in Cardiff in January He died at home after released from custody. It is not even on the radar not mentioned by players not recognised by either Cardiff or Swansea city. Not even on the Anti racist facebook page.

What make George Floyd more important to us than Mohamud Mohammed Hassan? Why is the behaviour of the police in Minneapolis more important than the South Wales Constabulary? why are the FA using a 'BLM protest' gesture for their apparent 'generic message'.

The answer is of course is because people are 'going with he flow' generated by US centric global media and ignoring our own BBC / ITV Wales and our own problems. I am more concerned by Mohamud Mohammed Hassan than Yan Dhanda. No tributes to Mohamud Mohammed Hassan.

If the Swansea squad are concerned why are they not making a meeting with the South Wales Police Commisioner about this local case?

Some wag will no doubt comment on the incident being in Cardiff and nothing to do with Swansea but I argue it is the SWP at issue here and they cover Swansea.

I'll agree with you, we should be more concerned about the Hassan incident. There is an inquiry and maybe one day we'll know the truth and if SWP needs to make any changes, or if charges need to be brought.

It doesn't mean we can't support kick it out and if anybody wants to take the knee then it's their choice.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 13:53 - Feb 13 with 1038 viewsTreforys_Jack

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 13:44 - Feb 13 by Catullus

I'll agree with you, we should be more concerned about the Hassan incident. There is an inquiry and maybe one day we'll know the truth and if SWP needs to make any changes, or if charges need to be brought.

It doesn't mean we can't support kick it out and if anybody wants to take the knee then it's their choice.

Indeed, well said.
A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 14:03 - Feb 13 with 1028 viewsNeath_Jack

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 13:19 - Feb 13 by Treforys_Jack

When you say connected? What happened in America was the latest catalyst for players trying to make a stand against racism. They used the terminology of Black Lives Matter. There endeth the connection. If you want to tell the countless UK football players who have said that they are doing to make a stand against racism, as opposed to supporting the BLM movement, then that's up to you. But surely you would take their word for why they are doing it. I am anyway.

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 14:09 - Feb 13 with 1012 viewspencoedjack

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 14:03 - Feb 13 by Neath_Jack

When you say connected? What happened in America was the latest catalyst for players trying to make a stand against racism. They used the terminology of Black Lives Matter. There endeth the connection. If you want to tell the countless UK football players who have said that they are doing to make a stand against racism, as opposed to supporting the BLM movement, then that's up to you. But surely you would take their word for why they are doing it. I am anyway.

Why can’t you just say well done to the OP & send a picture & join the march if you feel so strongly about the issue?

No need to knock posters with views that differ to yours.
A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 14:11 - Feb 13 with 1005 viewsNeath_Jack

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 14:09 - Feb 13 by pencoedjack

Why can’t you just say well done to the OP & send a picture & join the march if you feel so strongly about the issue?

No need to knock posters with views that differ to yours.

Why don't you take your own advice?

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 14:12 - Feb 13 with 1003 viewsDr_Parnassus

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 14:03 - Feb 13 by Neath_Jack

Clearly not all footballers agree on what they are doing it for though. They are individuals and all have their reasons, I would guess the majority are doing it because others are.

Lyle Taylor has been quite outspoken about it. It’s pretty clear he has spoken to his team mates regarding their reasoning for doing it and clearly felt it was indeed to do with the organisation. I think you would have to be pretty daft to think there isn’t clear (and needless) confusion there.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.sportbible.com/football/football-news-footba

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 14:12 - Feb 13 with 1003 viewsTreforys_Jack

Taking the knee with a one fisted salute isn't connected to BLM? Of course it is to the majority of observers, thats why the football authorities are back tracking at a rate of knots.
Think we can agree we want an end to all abuse. Racial, sexual, religious intolerance et al.

Disclaimer - my opinion only , other opinions freely available.
A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 14:14 - Feb 13 with 994 viewsNeath_Jack

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 14:12 - Feb 13 by Treforys_Jack

Taking the knee with a one fisted salute isn't connected to BLM? Of course it is to the majority of observers, thats why the football authorities are back tracking at a rate of knots.
Think we can agree we want an end to all abuse. Racial, sexual, religious intolerance et al.

Disclaimer - my opinion only , other opinions freely available.

As i said, I'd prefer to listen to the footballers who have come out and said why they are doing it, rather than fans on a football forum. Surely they would know why they are doing it?

Agreed, let's end it all.

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 14:16 - Feb 13 with 991 viewsNotLoyal

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 14:11 - Feb 13 by Neath_Jack

Why don't you take your own advice?

You BOTH have differing opinions, why don't you BOTH accept it.

Neathie, you are incorrect in connecting blm to this thread though. Very poor.

OK I've changed it.

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 14:17 - Feb 13 with 987 viewsNeath_Jack

A message from a fan from abused by the far right on 14:16 - Feb 13 by NotLoyal

You BOTH have differing opinions, why don't you BOTH accept it.

Neathie, you are incorrect in connecting blm to this thread though. Very poor.

I haven't connected blm to this thread, I've done exactly the opposite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024