Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mr Drakeford 21:39 - May 7 with 86723 viewsbuilthjack

👀
[Post edited 5 Aug 2022 7:22]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Mr Drakeford on 11:50 - Jul 18 with 807 viewsFlashberryjack

Mr Drakeford on 19:46 - Jul 17 by Whiterockin

Interesting article here regarding the 20mph proposal.

https://www.northwaleschronicle.co.uk/news/20281044.wales-people-signing-petitio

People can sign as many petitions as they like, it won't make a blind bit of difference to Drakeford, because he knows damn well that Wales will always vote Labour no matter how sh*te they are.

There's only one way things can change, and that is at the polling booth, but that's never going to happen, Wales deserves Drakeford and his mad rush to make Wales a 3rd rate country.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Mr Drakeford on 14:28 - Jul 18 with 735 viewscontroversial_jack

Mr Drakeford on 11:50 - Jul 18 by Flashberryjack

People can sign as many petitions as they like, it won't make a blind bit of difference to Drakeford, because he knows damn well that Wales will always vote Labour no matter how sh*te they are.

There's only one way things can change, and that is at the polling booth, but that's never going to happen, Wales deserves Drakeford and his mad rush to make Wales a 3rd rate country.

Who would you vote for instead?
Mr Drakeford on 14:30 - Jul 18 with 726 viewsFlashberryjack

Mr Drakeford on 14:28 - Jul 18 by controversial_jack

Who would you vote for instead?

Any party that's for getting rid of the Senedd.

Hello

Mr Drakeford on 14:37 - Jul 18 with 724 viewsBryanSwan

Mr Drakeford on 22:51 - Jul 17 by Jack123

I am about to go on a give up, has it helped me? Not really, thing is they are crooks they brought this in, saying it was all about super strength lager and cider, where in fact, it was nothing of the sort.

You know what, I wouldn't even mind so much, if the extra income was going towards alcohol awareness. But it's not, that's how ferkin stupid the senedd are.

Prices go up demand goes down, that eats up most of all the potential profit from increased prices.
Harmful goods costing more isnt exactly a massive problem. The same with cigarettes.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Mr Drakeford on 14:47 - Jul 18 with 721 viewsmajorraglan

Mr Drakeford on 11:26 - Jul 18 by Boundy

Hows parking on pavements going , take a trip into Narberth and see where the police park their vehicles . If the police can't or won't then why should the rest of us.

I’ve got no idea what you’re on about, what’s happening in Narbeth?
Mr Drakeford on 14:51 - Jul 18 with 715 viewsBryanSwan

Mr Drakeford on 14:30 - Jul 18 by Flashberryjack

Any party that's for getting rid of the Senedd.

There was one at the last election, they received about 10 votes. Were you one of the 10?

Mr Drakeford on 14:52 - Jul 18 with 711 viewscontroversial_jack

Mr Drakeford on 14:37 - Jul 18 by BryanSwan

Prices go up demand goes down, that eats up most of all the potential profit from increased prices.
Harmful goods costing more isnt exactly a massive problem. The same with cigarettes.

Prices rise when demand goes up. Prices drop when demand drops. Just saying!
Mr Drakeford on 14:57 - Jul 18 with 702 viewspencoedjack

Mr Drakeford on 11:50 - Jul 18 by Flashberryjack

I agree.

You reap what you sow.
Login to get fewer ads

Mr Drakeford on 15:02 - Jul 18 with 692 viewsJack123

Mr Drakeford on 14:37 - Jul 18 by BryanSwan

What's next though? If something is deemed as unhealthy, just double the price and say it's for your own good?

libera nos a malo

Mr Drakeford on 15:03 - Jul 18 with 694 viewsFlashberryjack

Mr Drakeford on 14:51 - Jul 18 by BryanSwan

There was one at the last election, they received about 10 votes. Were you one of the 10?

I only had the choice of Labour or Plaid, otherwise I would have.

Was there a Monster Raving Loony party candidate standing in your constituency ?

Hello

Mr Drakeford on 15:04 - Jul 18 with 693 viewsBryanSwan

Mr Drakeford on 14:52 - Jul 18 by controversial_jack

Prices rise when demand goes up. Prices drop when demand drops. Just saying!

This is in regard to artificially inflating the price (minumum unit price), which at a higher price point will cause demand to drop.
Very simple.

Mr Drakeford on 15:49 - Jul 18 with 649 viewsFlashberryjack

Mr Drakeford on 15:02 - Jul 18 by Jack123

What's next though? If something is deemed as unhealthy, just double the price and say it's for your own good?

That seems like the policy Drakeford has adopted.

Get half dozen so called experts together, get them to give you the answer you've paid them to get, then tell the plebs that you've carried out research to back up his dog shyte crazy schemes, but, never reveal how the research was done.

The guy is nothing but a jumped up dictator.

Hello

Mr Drakeford on 16:42 - Jul 18 with 630 viewsmajorraglan

Mr Drakeford on 15:02 - Jul 18 by Jack123

In 2018 the government introduced a sugar tax, more recently they commissioned Henry Dimbleby to undertake a review of foods etc and he recommended that further taxes were introduced for products high in sugar and salt, Boris was seemingly in favour, but it looks like it’s gong to be parked.

In terms of a minimum price for alcohol, it’s been shown to work. What really annoys me (and is something I wasn’t aware of until after it was up and running) was that retailers pocketed the extra cash, that’s outrageous. The extra cash generated by the minimum charge should be invested in substance abuse and detox programs.
Mr Drakeford on 17:15 - Jul 18 with 623 viewsDr_Winston

Mr Drakeford on 16:42 - Jul 18 by majorraglan

In 2018 the government introduced a sugar tax, more recently they commissioned Henry Dimbleby to undertake a review of foods etc and he recommended that further taxes were introduced for products high in sugar and salt, Boris was seemingly in favour, but it looks like it’s gong to be parked.

In terms of a minimum price for alcohol, it’s been shown to work. What really annoys me (and is something I wasn’t aware of until after it was up and running) was that retailers pocketed the extra cash, that’s outrageous. The extra cash generated by the minimum charge should be invested in substance abuse and detox programs.

When has minimum unit pricing for alcohol been "shown to work"?

Heroin is now the affordable alternative in Scotland.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Mr Drakeford on 17:23 - Jul 18 with 619 viewsmajorraglan

Mr Drakeford on 17:15 - Jul 18 by Dr_Winston

When has minimum unit pricing for alcohol been "shown to work"?

Heroin is now the affordable alternative in Scotland.

There’s loads of information, evidence and research to back it up online, check it out.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2022 17:25]
Mr Drakeford on 18:07 - Jul 18 with 587 viewsBryanSwan

Mr Drakeford on 16:42 - Jul 18 by majorraglan

That is my only issue with the MPU, that the Welsh gov are not using it to fund the problems associated with alcohol.
Although im not sure exactly how much extra has been made off the back of the rise. I doubt it is a massive sum.

Mr Drakeford on 18:19 - Jul 18 with 577 viewsraynor94

Mr Drakeford on 17:23 - Jul 18 by majorraglan

There’s loads of information, evidence and research to back it up online, check it out.

An absolute farcical decision, cocaine is now cheaper.

Drakeford is turning us into nanny state, and the Supermarket giants are making a fortune.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Mr Drakeford on 18:19 - Jul 18 with 577 viewsBoundy

Mr Drakeford on 18:07 - Jul 18 by BryanSwan

That is my only issue with the MPU, that the Welsh gov are not using it to fund the problems associated with alcohol.
Although im not sure exactly how much extra has been made off the back of the rise. I doubt it is a massive sum.

Booze runs to Bristol but don't tell Drakeford

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Mr Drakeford on 18:26 - Jul 18 with 572 viewsJack123

I bet they have made a good few quid, don't forget they brought this in just as covid struck and all the pubs were shut.

Personally I find it underhanded they way the did it, It was all about stopping super strength cider being sold cheap, and I don't think many paid attention, cause unless you drank frosty jacks or tennants super the likelihood was that you would be unaffected.

Looking at the prices, I suppose the retailer is pocketing an extra 4 or 5 quid per box of beer.

Who would have thought you would see a day, when Frosty Jack cider bottles have security tags on like they do for bottles of spirits.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2022 18:38]

libera nos a malo

Mr Drakeford on 18:50 - Jul 18 with 551 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Unfortunately, that sums up what happens with Drakeford, problems and solutions not joined up. It's the same with holiday homes and second properties, we need funding for affordable homes but the extra tax will drive down holiday accommodation capacity and end up in the general tax pot.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Mr Drakeford on 18:58 - Jul 18 with 537 viewsFlashberryjack

Mr Drakeford on 18:19 - Jul 18 by Boundy

Booze runs to Bristol but don't tell Drakeford

Did my booze run to ASDA Hereford, well over a £100 saved.

Hello

Mr Drakeford on 19:06 - Jul 18 with 533 viewsDr_Winston

Mr Drakeford on 17:23 - Jul 18 by majorraglan

I have. I can find little but vague references to a small decrease in the amount of alcohol sold. Nothing to suggest that it's had any serious positive impact on problem drinkers. Hell, even The Guardian reported that.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2022/jun/07/minimum-alcohol-pricing-causes-p

What appears to have happened is those who might have drunk a bit but not problematically have cut back. No real societal benefit, just inconvenience for the sake of political posturing. Just like the WAG's 20mph bullsh*t.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Mr Drakeford on 19:11 - Jul 18 with 530 viewsJack123

Mr Drakeford on 18:58 - Jul 18 by Flashberryjack

Did my booze run to ASDA Hereford, well over a £100 saved.

That's another point, the stats they are using to show the mppu is working, are bound to be inaccurate, I did think of a booze run when it first hit, but would have to get loads just to be worth it, and I don't want all that hanging around.

But I bet there are loads from near the border just popping across to England for their booze.

libera nos a malo

Mr Drakeford on 19:24 - Jul 18 with 523 viewsWingstandwood

Mr Drakeford on 19:06 - Jul 18 by Dr_Winston

I have. I can find little but vague references to a small decrease in the amount of alcohol sold. Nothing to suggest that it's had any serious positive impact on problem drinkers. Hell, even The Guardian reported that.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2022/jun/07/minimum-alcohol-pricing-causes-p

What appears to have happened is those who might have drunk a bit but not problematically have cut back. No real societal benefit, just inconvenience for the sake of political posturing. Just like the WAG's 20mph bullsh*t.

It's as if the Drakeford and his cronies are bereft of good news, wealth creation, rising standards and inspirational forward thinking etc thus must come out with anything, just anything, just something as a distraction to Wales's decline.

Wales is now in a downward spiral of (Cardiff! Cardiff! Cardiff! Cardiff aside!) relentless decline, talk about scrapping the barrel in an attempt to look ambitious, forward thinking and competent!

Argus!

Mr Drakeford on 20:28 - Jul 18 with 495 viewsBryanSwan

Mr Drakeford on 18:26 - Jul 18 by Jack123

I bet they have made a good few quid, don't forget they brought this in just as covid struck and all the pubs were shut.

Personally I find it underhanded they way the did it, It was all about stopping super strength cider being sold cheap, and I don't think many paid attention, cause unless you drank frosty jacks or tennants super the likelihood was that you would be unaffected.

Looking at the prices, I suppose the retailer is pocketing an extra 4 or 5 quid per box of beer.

Who would have thought you would see a day, when Frosty Jack cider bottles have security tags on like they do for bottles of spirits.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2022 18:38]

It was always going to raise prices, if the prices of the cheap nasty stuff gets closer to "premium" they will naturally increase their price to differentiate.
But either way the MPU should have been used to help fund issues associated with alcohol.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024