Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mr Drakeford 21:39 - May 7 with 86448 viewsbuilthjack

👀
[Post edited 5 Aug 2022 7:22]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Mr Drakeford on 21:44 - Jun 20 with 1618 viewsBoundy

Mr Drakeford on 21:21 - Jun 20 by Kilkennyjack

Its the right time because many will come to wales instead of the Costas, maybe, so the extra £1 pppn can be used to help those same areas be better next year.
Its not a new idea but its valid.

And they are safer in Cymru, thanks to the actions of our glorious and charismatic leader Prof Mark Drakers. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
[Post edited 20 Jun 2021 21:21]

Pity he didn't take more effort in real job creation and not just for the chosen few .It seems you're happy to see more deserted villages and areas desolate in the winter months , because there's nothing else there to support the local economy .That's not the way that a progressive forward thinking government should act. That's just pampering for a few and not the many

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Mr Drakeford on 07:01 - Jun 21 with 1579 viewsSlugster664

Mr Drakeford on 21:44 - Jun 20 by Boundy

Pity he didn't take more effort in real job creation and not just for the chosen few .It seems you're happy to see more deserted villages and areas desolate in the winter months , because there's nothing else there to support the local economy .That's not the way that a progressive forward thinking government should act. That's just pampering for a few and not the many

Forget it Boundy, you can't educate pork.

STID

Mr Drakeford on 15:28 - Jun 25 with 1489 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Mr Drakeford said today there was no point in setting and end date to coronavirus restrictions in Wales. Looks like he enjoys the power he now has.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Mr Drakeford on 15:33 - Jun 25 with 1482 viewscontroversial_jack

Mr Drakeford on 15:28 - Jun 25 by felixstowe_jack

Mr Drakeford said today there was no point in setting and end date to coronavirus restrictions in Wales. Looks like he enjoys the power he now has.

He doesn't have a crystal ball. we will have to see how things develop. If he said end restrictions in two weeks and cases were sky high that would be foolish
Mr Drakeford on 18:28 - Jun 25 with 1428 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Mr Drakeford on 15:33 - Jun 25 by controversial_jack

He doesn't have a crystal ball. we will have to see how things develop. If he said end restrictions in two weeks and cases were sky high that would be foolish

He does not have to say that just give an earliest possible date which can change depending on the scientific evidence.

After all back last year he said all we needed was a two week firebreak and he abolished all restrictions after it ended.

Mr Drakeford on 19:25 - Jun 25 with 1398 viewsmajorraglan

I think he’s right not to get drawn in to giving dates, Boris has looked pretty foolish having to change his position on restrictions and his June date. I’d just say we are looking to release them ASAP, but it’s governed by the science, community spread and hospitalisations. Tell the public follow the lies, minimise the spread and we can get back to normal. Known Delta cases in Wales have doubled in less than a week.
Mr Drakeford on 09:03 - Jun 28 with 1337 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Mr Drakeford on 19:25 - Jun 25 by majorraglan

I think he’s right not to get drawn in to giving dates, Boris has looked pretty foolish having to change his position on restrictions and his June date. I’d just say we are looking to release them ASAP, but it’s governed by the science, community spread and hospitalisations. Tell the public follow the lies, minimise the spread and we can get back to normal. Known Delta cases in Wales have doubled in less than a week.

Boris had not looked silly at at he said the June date was the earliest possible and would be governed by the scientific evidence which has been looked at restrictions modified as a result. Drakeford just keeps saying will will wait for Westminster to make a decision then add on another 4 weeks.

Mr Drakeford on 09:12 - Jun 28 with 1328 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

People here are carrying on as normal, traffic seems back to the usual levels and not much social distancing going on in shops and pubs etc.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Login to get fewer ads

Mr Drakeford on 09:24 - Jun 28 with 1324 viewsfelixstowe_jack

It looks like the new section of the heads of the valley road currently 3 years late and over budget will have a 50 mph speed limit. This is lower than the old three lane single carriageway limit of 60mph. Makes you wonder why the Welsh government wasted so much upgrading it only to impose a lower speed limit.

I can see lots of speed cameras catching motorists just to fill Welsh government coffers.

Mr Drakeford on 10:08 - Jun 28 with 1303 viewsmajorraglan

Mr Drakeford on 09:24 - Jun 28 by felixstowe_jack

It looks like the new section of the heads of the valley road currently 3 years late and over budget will have a 50 mph speed limit. This is lower than the old three lane single carriageway limit of 60mph. Makes you wonder why the Welsh government wasted so much upgrading it only to impose a lower speed limit.

I can see lots of speed cameras catching motorists just to fill Welsh government coffers.

There is a place for lower speed limits in accident hotspots etc, but routinely adopting lower limits simply does my head in. Getting anywhere will take ages. There is no reason why most of the hands of the valley road needs to be 50 mph, it’s a dual carriageway and can sustain 70mph.
Mr Drakeford on 10:16 - Jun 28 with 1300 viewsBoundy

Mr Drakeford on 09:24 - Jun 28 by felixstowe_jack

"Safety " is paramount .the new watch word whenever a new speed limited is imposed

" Perhaps more importantly it also hoped the improvements will make the Heads of the Valleys road a route for trade and industry to stretch from the West Midlands through to west Wales. "( where there are no plans to widen the M4 which has more than its share of accidents and traffic congestion sometimes is overwhelming )

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Mr Drakeford on 10:45 - Jun 28 with 1290 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Mr Drakeford on 10:16 - Jun 28 by Boundy

"Safety " is paramount .the new watch word whenever a new speed limited is imposed

" Perhaps more importantly it also hoped the improvements will make the Heads of the Valleys road a route for trade and industry to stretch from the West Midlands through to west Wales. "( where there are no plans to widen the M4 which has more than its share of accidents and traffic congestion sometimes is overwhelming )

Clearly they were not concerned about safety when you could do 60 mph on the old three lane single carriageway. It make no sense to make a modern dual carriage with full interchanges at junctions 50 mph. Clearly two HGV both going 50 on an uphill stretch trying to overtake is not safe at all .

Mr Drakeford on 10:50 - Jun 28 with 1288 viewsSlugster664

There's no point setting an end date to restrictions when one doesn't have a plan. Guaranteed he'll copy our Prime Minister, just a few weeks later. An absolute waste of money, the whole sennedd.

STID

Mr Drakeford on 11:25 - Jun 28 with 1265 viewsCountyJim

Mr Drakeford on 10:50 - Jun 28 by Slugster664

There's no point setting an end date to restrictions when one doesn't have a plan. Guaranteed he'll copy our Prime Minister, just a few weeks later. An absolute waste of money, the whole sennedd.

It seems to me bojo and his sleazy Tories should have taken the Drakeford example and more lives might have been saved
Mr Drakeford on 12:25 - Jun 28 with 1254 viewsDr_Winston

Mr Drakeford on 11:25 - Jun 28 by CountyJim

It seems to me bojo and his sleazy Tories should have taken the Drakeford example and more lives might have been saved

What Drakeford example?

He could have restricted travel into Wales before Westminster, and didn't. At almost every turn he's waited to see what they do before formulating his own response, leaving Wales lagging behind in lots of areas.

It'll be interesting to see what happens if England drop restrictions with no serious issues next month and Wales don't. Wouldn't be surprised if lots of people stuck two fingers up to the WAG and just ignored them.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Mr Drakeford on 13:12 - Jun 28 with 1242 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Mr Drakeford on 11:25 - Jun 28 by CountyJim

It that why Wales has a higher death according to deaths certificates

Wales 249 per 100,000
England 231 per 100,000

Mr Drakeford on 13:55 - Jun 28 with 1229 viewsonehunglow

Mr Drakeford on 19:37 - Jun 9 by Slugster664

My step-son, a farmer, business absolutely booming.

Myself, entrepreneur, businesses booming.

A good mate and fellow Jack, landscape gardener, business booming.

So when will this boom stop, when will we realise Brexit will be a failure? I know it's early days yet, but things seem to be going from strength to strength...perhaps you need to remove those blinkers Kilky lad

Any chance of a low cost loan Sir

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Mr Drakeford on 13:57 - Jun 28 with 1228 viewsonehunglow

Mr Drakeford on 12:22 - Jun 20 by jack_lord

A tourist tax right now is not a good idea but I think that it may happen in any of the UK hotspots in the future just as there as been a congestion tax.

It is, once again, a decent idea but not the right time.

And tha Lakes might do the same or Bournemouth or Dorset ,Devon,Cornwall even Brighton.

Mr Drakeford on 14:08 - Jun 28 with 1224 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Mr Drakeford on 13:12 - Jun 28 by felixstowe_jack

Wales 249 per 100,000
England 231 per 100,000

Don't let the facts get in the way of the rhetoric.

Mr Drakeford on 14:11 - Jun 28 with 1222 viewsonehunglow

Mr Drakeford on 18:40 - Jun 19 by johnlangy

Why is it a bad idea in Wales when so many other countries charge it ?

Because this is within the same country. Great Britain.
It means one part of the country could do this .not really smart.
England could do so and make things much dearer forcthecWelsh too.
Any idea how many Welsh holiday on England

Mr Drakeford on 14:17 - Jun 28 with 1221 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Mr Drakeford on 12:25 - Jun 28 by Dr_Winston

What Drakeford example?

He could have restricted travel into Wales before Westminster, and didn't. At almost every turn he's waited to see what they do before formulating his own response, leaving Wales lagging behind in lots of areas.

It'll be interesting to see what happens if England drop restrictions with no serious issues next month and Wales don't. Wouldn't be surprised if lots of people stuck two fingers up to the WAG and just ignored them.

Most people around here seem to be carrying on as normal. Both central and devolved governments get the same advice from SAGE I'd doubt he'd do anything radically different, just enough to claim to be different.

Mr Drakeford on 14:23 - Jun 28 with 1219 viewsDr_Winston

Mr Drakeford on 14:17 - Jun 28 by JACKMANANDBOY

Most people around here seem to be carrying on as normal. Both central and devolved governments get the same advice from SAGE I'd doubt he'd do anything radically different, just enough to claim to be different.

I can see stuff like mask wearing in shops being retained in Wales after England abandons it. Most people in Wales still adhere at present. If they can those in England not doing so with minimal or no impact on cases that may change.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Mr Drakeford on 14:40 - Jun 28 with 1204 viewsonehunglow

Mr Drakeford on 09:14 - May 8 by Whiterockin

Your area is Blue but you don't have to live there.

Ah,not blood then.
Yes Builth anything but a red Labour area.
Wealthy if tight denizens . Hypocrites too.

Mr Drakeford on 18:23 - Jun 28 with 1137 viewscontroversial_jack

Mr Drakeford on 13:12 - Jun 28 by felixstowe_jack

Wales 249 per 100,000
England 231 per 100,000

It doesn't and this has been explained to you many times.
Mr Drakeford on 18:45 - Jun 28 with 1118 viewsCatullus

Mr Drakeford on 18:28 - Jun 25 by felixstowe_jack

He does not have to say that just give an earliest possible date which can change depending on the scientific evidence.

After all back last year he said all we needed was a two week firebreak and he abolished all restrictions after it ended.

I won't speak for the others who did but I was very critical of the firebreak and him saying it would efinitely be 2 weeks no matter what. I think saying wait and see is a much better idea. Act on the evidence not on trying to be popular. Trying to be popular keeps making Bojo look more foolish.

I just wish he would be more proactive on doing things for all of Wales with infrastructure and the economy. He's being timid with that. I can partly agree with protecting the environment but unless he does something to help the whole Wales economy we'll continue having a brain drain, see young people leaving and watch Wales descend into beingthe UK's retirement village.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024