Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust statement 20:05 - Jun 13 with 28957 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The court case is happening at last.

Thanks Joe, a little bit from me to everyone.

Hi folks, this is clearly a topic many enjoy commenting on, but please remain consistent in your responses avoiding potential slurs on any characters involved and remain objective.

Thanks 👍

This post has been edited by an administrator

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Trust statement on 11:02 - Jun 19 with 1549 viewsYrAlarch

Trust statement on 08:18 - Jun 19 by pikeypaul

100%

I wonder how Uxbridge is feeling now, and the people he was desperately trying to protect for whatever reason are losing a bit of sleep.

I believe the advice the Trust Board gave the first time around was made in good faith. I think the proposed deal went down the swanee because we were relegated ... or am I stating the obvious.
Trust statement on 13:17 - Jun 19 with 1488 viewsATFV

Trust statement on 11:02 - Jun 19 by YrAlarch

I believe the advice the Trust Board gave the first time around was made in good faith. I think the proposed deal went down the swanee because we were relegated ... or am I stating the obvious.

If I remember correctly, the Americans changed the terms of the deal after the Trust members voted to accept it. it went something along the lines of they'd made a mistake with the price of shares because of some of the built in incentives/perks that other selling shareholders received and they wanted to change the deal to a lower price.

After months of negotiations - and relegation becoming an ever likely possibility - the Americans withdrew the offer. Again, if I remember correctly we went on to actually stay up at the end of that season, but the deal was dead in the water.
Trust statement on 13:36 - Jun 19 with 1475 views34dfgdf54

Trust statement on 03:35 - Jun 19 by Dr_Parnassus

I see ‘the one that should not be named’ is standing for re-election again. I had a feeling that would be the case now that things seem to be moving, I was actually going to make that prediction on here last week and kicking myself I didn’t now.

When the going gets tough due to his ridiculously incompetent decisions he steps down and allows the rest to take the heat and deal with the aftermath, yet when he thinks there may be some credit to be taken he jumps back in immediately.

Absolutely shameless stuff and one of the reasons I simply cannot get behind the Trust. The old guard will always be waiting in the wings to step into the limelight despite clearly being nowhere near good enough for the job. It’s actually becoming incredibly embarrassing.

I make no apologies for that view.

What’s this about?
Trust statement on 13:53 - Jun 19 with 1446 viewsDr_Parnassus

Trust statement on 13:36 - Jun 19 by 34dfgdf54

What’s this about?

Bloke that ran the Trust before, that presided over the steering of the vote away from legal action and then stepped down after the deal collapsed is coming back now it seems there is some sort of potential glory to jump on the bandwagon of.

Lessons need to be learned if the Trust is to progress, that includes not taking back figures that have proven time and time again that they can’t do the role adequately.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Trust statement on 13:58 - Jun 19 with 1444 viewsReslovenSwan1

Trust statement on 13:17 - Jun 19 by ATFV

If I remember correctly, the Americans changed the terms of the deal after the Trust members voted to accept it. it went something along the lines of they'd made a mistake with the price of shares because of some of the built in incentives/perks that other selling shareholders received and they wanted to change the deal to a lower price.

After months of negotiations - and relegation becoming an ever likely possibility - the Americans withdrew the offer. Again, if I remember correctly we went on to actually stay up at the end of that season, but the deal was dead in the water.

The American withdrew because the seller the SCST was in turmoil. Its like trying to buy a car off a bloke that is having a 'domestic' with his missus on the driveway about selling the Ford Fiesta. Under those circumstances any bloke with cash to buy would walk away.

You cannot sell any thing if the seller is in fighting. This is the reason the buyer said in their statement. Anything else is speculation.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-supporte
[Post edited 19 Jun 2021 14:12]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Trust statement on 14:08 - Jun 19 with 1435 viewsReslovenSwan1

Trust statement on 09:35 - Jun 19 by BillyChong

This investment plan has you keep on about, why? You’ve got no idea of their plans. It’s a pointless side tracking method to take the attention off the good case the trust have.

Regards to the trust stepping in at some point down the line, have you not watched the propaganda movie your sellout chums produced? Maybe they can send you a few clips alongside the script you follow for them on here.

Americans in sport have no idea of the cradle to the grave concept which relates to U.K. football fans. A club is a business to them, there’s no emotional attachment whatsoever. If they want to head off they will without a second thought. This is where we need the trust.

Keeping it simple. Lets consider the next 10 years.

Going to court should only happen on three criteria all of which need to be valid.

a) There is a very high chance Swansea will fall down the leagues and incur huge debts in the next 10 years.

b) The SCST have plan for the £12m + cash it will recieve and will be able to invest in assets that can return at least 4% per annum. e.g. Proprty, Property funds bonds equities currency speculation etc.

c) The SCST can expect to return to the club on good terms some time in the next 10 years.

From the question I have asked none of these criteria will be met. If the SCST cannot invest in the markets the only place they can invest is Swansea city. If the door to a return is shut they will have no home and no home for their cash.

No investment plan means no point in going to court.

Trust statement on 14:19 - Jun 19 with 1423 viewsonehunglow

Trust statement on 14:08 - Jun 19 by ReslovenSwan1

Going to court should only happen on three criteria all of which need to be valid.

a) There is a very high chance Swansea will fall down the leagues and incur huge debts in the next 10 years.

b) The SCST have plan for the £12m + cash it will recieve and will be able to invest in assets that can return at least 4% per annum. e.g. Proprty, Property funds bonds equities currency speculation etc.

c) The SCST can expect to return to the club on good terms some time in the next 10 years.

From the question I have asked none of these criteria will be met. If the SCST cannot invest in the markets the only place they can invest is Swansea city. If the door to a return is shut they will have no home and no home for their cash.

That seem sensible to me and positive. Why should our fans EXPECT the worst,and see a Wigan,Pompey,Sunderland fall. Remember NEGATIVITY and what it really means. It also means not accepting second best too.
I see this issue as a little ol Swansea mindset .

We need to forget who made what money and make the club attractive to sellers and get shot of the current American outfit. People thinking a court case of this nature not affecting the Club are deluded.

I see lisa leading the assault on Res so Im asking as to what she ha actually put into the club's coffers either financially or with her vast ,detailed forensic accountancy skills.

And once again,this is bullying of Resolven and it need to stop.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Trust statement on 14:46 - Jun 19 with 1404 viewsWhiterockin

Trust statement on 14:19 - Jun 19 by onehunglow

That seem sensible to me and positive. Why should our fans EXPECT the worst,and see a Wigan,Pompey,Sunderland fall. Remember NEGATIVITY and what it really means. It also means not accepting second best too.
I see this issue as a little ol Swansea mindset .

We need to forget who made what money and make the club attractive to sellers and get shot of the current American outfit. People thinking a court case of this nature not affecting the Club are deluded.

I see lisa leading the assault on Res so Im asking as to what she ha actually put into the club's coffers either financially or with her vast ,detailed forensic accountancy skills.

And once again,this is bullying of Resolven and it need to stop.

"I see lisa leading the assault on Res so Im asking as to what she ha actually put into the club's coffers either financially or with her vast ,detailed forensic accountancy skills."

I think Lisa may well be Lisa Clement of the trust. But I could be wrong.
Login to get fewer ads

Trust statement on 14:51 - Jun 19 with 1389 viewsDr_Winston

Trust statement on 14:46 - Jun 19 by Whiterockin

"I see lisa leading the assault on Res so Im asking as to what she ha actually put into the club's coffers either financially or with her vast ,detailed forensic accountancy skills."

I wonder what Perchy contributes to the club's coffers. Or to the club in general.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Trust statement on 14:54 - Jun 19 with 1381 viewsChief

Trust statement on 13:58 - Jun 19 by ReslovenSwan1

The American withdrew because the seller the SCST was in turmoil. Its like trying to buy a car off a bloke that is having a 'domestic' with his missus on the driveway about selling the Ford Fiesta. Under those circumstances any bloke with cash to buy would walk away.

You cannot sell any thing if the seller is in fighting. This is the reason the buyer said in their statement. Anything else is speculation.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-supporte

Well the trust who were actually part of those negotiations say otherwise. So I'd believe them over Walesonline or indeed the sellers. Terrible excuse if you ask me. Why would they care whether parts of the trust's were in disagreement? All they should care about is acquiring the shares. What the seller was doing privately shouldn't be any concern of theirs. Proper cop out.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Trust statement on 14:58 - Jun 19 with 1378 viewsWhiterockin

Trust statement on 14:51 - Jun 19 by Dr_Winston

I wonder what Perchy contributes to the club's coffers. Or to the club in general.

That's the big difference between supporters and followers. Supporters pay their hard earned cash in tickets, merchandise, sponsorship and support the club vocally. Followers just look from afar and pass comments.
Trust statement on 15:03 - Jun 19 with 1368 viewsChief

Why do these criteria which you have cooked up need to be satisfied exactly!?

A) what difference does this make?

B) yes no doubt there is a plan.

C) impossible to expect that, but it's a stated aim to return to the club as and when required. Why is there a ten year limit on this?

Well luckily your made random criteria system holds no sway whatsoever because it's based on biased and therefore flawed nonsense.

Ah the the next desperate attack - the trust must become stock brokers.

Haha oh yea no home for £12mill plus cash! Aye investing in Swansea City FC inadvertently increasing the value of the asset the Americans and sellouts own who caused all this and having no say in how it will be used! Great plan that fair play! Do you ever think these fantasies through?

You've got to go to court to get the cash to put any plan into action.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Trust statement on 15:36 - Jun 19 with 1328 viewsReslovenSwan1

Trust statement on 14:54 - Jun 19 by Chief

Well the trust who were actually part of those negotiations say otherwise. So I'd believe them over Walesonline or indeed the sellers. Terrible excuse if you ask me. Why would they care whether parts of the trust's were in disagreement? All they should care about is acquiring the shares. What the seller was doing privately shouldn't be any concern of theirs. Proper cop out.

I tried to sell my house last year and a smart looking fellow made an offer which was the same as next door got more or less. I could not make my mind up. Im terribel with decsions. I then had a bit of a barney with the missus and the kids made a hell of a racket. The neighbour came out. She does not want to sell. She has quite a sharp tongue to be honest. She then had some harsh words with the neighbours. Effing a jeffing unfortunately The barsteward did not even make a new offer. His job was to buy my house. If he expects me to accept the same price he can get lost. In fact that is what he has done.

I actually thought he was not serious. He said he was but I do not believe him His job was to buy my house. He copped out. The neighbours seem disappointed, they will never have neighbours as good as me and her indoors when she's not on the stella. Looks as it im stuck in Resolven.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2021 15:56]

Trust statement on 15:56 - Jun 19 with 1305 viewsYrAlarch

Trust statement on 13:17 - Jun 19 by ATFV

Sorry I think my recollection of events is a tad skewed. Nevertheless I do think the Trust Board made the initial recommendation to it's members in good Faith who then, as I did, voted for the deal with the Americans. Just goes to show how trustworthy they were/are! So, if the TB can be accused of being naive etc then so can the members ,like me, who voted in the way we did.
Trust statement on 16:16 - Jun 19 with 1290 viewsATFV

Trust statement on 13:58 - Jun 19 by ReslovenSwan1

Do you actually believe the garbage you post? You're trying to say that the Americans made an offer, in order to head off potential litigation, waited for the Trust to go through a ballot on whether to accept, watched the Trust membership vote to accept that deal, and then withdrew the offer because of "in fighting".

That simply isn't true and you know it.

It was withdrawn because they tried to change the terms and the price of the deal that was on the table, which was rightly refused, and after a few months of negotiation they panicked as we were staring relegation in the face and they didn't want to buy shares that could conceivably crash in value within weeks.
Trust statement on 16:20 - Jun 19 with 1286 viewsATFV

Once again you demonstrate your total ignorance of the facts and reality - it's a Supporters Trust and therefore there are strict rules on what money received can and can't be used for. The prospect of the Trust "investing" in property or playing the stock market is a non starter due to the strict restrictions. So can you please stop using how any award would be used as a yet another stick to beat the Trust with.

Those on the Trust Board will know exactly what they can and can't do with any settlement or award and I would imagine they would draw up various proposals and put them to the membership.
Trust statement on 16:28 - Jun 19 with 1272 viewsWhiterockin

Trust statement on 16:20 - Jun 19 by ATFV

Once again you demonstrate your total ignorance of the facts and reality - it's a Supporters Trust and therefore there are strict rules on what money received can and can't be used for. The prospect of the Trust "investing" in property or playing the stock market is a non starter due to the strict restrictions. So can you please stop using how any award would be used as a yet another stick to beat the Trust with.

Those on the Trust Board will know exactly what they can and can't do with any settlement or award and I would imagine they would draw up various proposals and put them to the membership.

Possibly resolven shout become a trust member and have a say/vote as he has such strong opinions regarding the trust.
Trust statement on 16:37 - Jun 19 with 1253 viewsYrAlarch

Trust statement on 16:28 - Jun 19 by Whiterockin

Possibly resolven shout become a trust member and have a say/vote as he has such strong opinions regarding the trust.

I've suggested that to him on a number of occasions. However as an apologist for HJ & Co I expect that would amount to a conflict of interest.
Trust statement on 16:48 - Jun 19 with 1239 viewsWhiterockin

Trust statement on 16:37 - Jun 19 by YrAlarch

I've suggested that to him on a number of occasions. However as an apologist for HJ & Co I expect that would amount to a conflict of interest.

Which he denies. If he is really so concerned and not just a puppet, he should do something instead of just peddling propaganda. Either that or just shut up as he really is tedious.
Trust statement on 18:13 - Jun 19 with 1168 viewsonehunglow

Trust statement on 14:46 - Jun 19 by Whiterockin

You could be.She keeps her cards close to her chest.

Trust statement on 18:17 - Jun 19 with 1162 viewsonehunglow

Trust statement on 14:58 - Jun 19 by Whiterockin

That's the big difference between supporters and followers. Supporters pay their hard earned cash in tickets, merchandise, sponsorship and support the club vocally. Followers just look from afar and pass comments.

And it's odd that people who have have the audacity to move away from Swansea are treated with the contempt shown by winston,who has been at this for ten years or more.

He lives in Swansea. Boohoo.Bill Hughes lives in Carlisle and has a feckn season ticket so Im afraid moving away from Swansea isn't a hanging offence.
I dont have a season ticket and chooe my games
Our fans and forum readers eg in Canada -Groo-have as much right to comment as Jamie who lives within spitting distance of the Liberty.
We have fans all over the world.
People truly need to wond their neck in.
They still care and not attending game has weet fark all to do with anything.

Christ,the owner of this site lives in Spain. You need to get humble Jamie ,son

Trust statement on 18:22 - Jun 19 with 1158 viewsDr_Winston

Trust statement on 18:17 - Jun 19 by onehunglow

And it's odd that people who have have the audacity to move away from Swansea are treated with the contempt shown by winston,who has been at this for ten years or more.

He lives in Swansea. Boohoo.Bill Hughes lives in Carlisle and has a feckn season ticket so Im afraid moving away from Swansea isn't a hanging offence.
I dont have a season ticket and chooe my games
Our fans and forum readers eg in Canada -Groo-have as much right to comment as Jamie who lives within spitting distance of the Liberty.
We have fans all over the world.
People truly need to wond their neck in.
They still care and not attending game has weet fark all to do with anything.

Christ,the owner of this site lives in Spain. You need to get humble Jamie ,son

Bill lives in Carlisle, attends games, and does't spend most of his time slagging the city and club off.

You waste few opportunities to display your contempt for the city and club you profess to call home, and act like an offended teenage girl when someone calls you on it, and they will continue to do so, so deal with it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Trust statement on 19:40 - Jun 19 with 1113 viewsmonmouth

He sounds increasingly like Shaky to be honest, and he has a real beef against the Trust, particularly Phil, Lisa and Andy for not valuing his 'advice'. And of course Lisa handed him his arse time after time on a public forum, but doesn't seem to be as fragile of ego in his responses on here, so probably not.

Lisa is Lisa C of course and anyone that thinks she doesn't know exactly what she is talking about in these matters, given her background and experience, needs to get back on their meds, or put down the crack pipe.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Trust statement on 19:55 - Jun 19 with 1098 viewsonehunglow

Trust statement on 19:40 - Jun 19 by monmouth

He sounds increasingly like Shaky to be honest, and he has a real beef against the Trust, particularly Phil, Lisa and Andy for not valuing his 'advice'. And of course Lisa handed him his arse time after time on a public forum, but doesn't seem to be as fragile of ego in his responses on here, so probably not.

Lisa is Lisa C of course and anyone that thinks she doesn't know exactly what she is talking about in these matters, given her background and experience, needs to get back on their meds, or put down the crack pipe.

Has he given the club the benefit of her expertise Mon.
Ive heard this given the 're stuff before and it's simple abuse and bullying.Thi ite should be free of it.Plenty of opportunity on PS.

NB.

I am no chum of Resolven ,either the village or the poster.

One thing for sure,some real malovolent ,vicious stuff going Res's way. He sees matters differently .So what. It makes him Lucifer.

This thread,this subject,these exchanges shame us.

Trust statement on 20:06 - Jun 19 with 1091 viewsReslovenSwan1

You said this. ""Those on the Trust Board will know exactly what they can and can't do with any settlement or award and I would imagine they would draw up various proposals and put them to the membership.""

Can you enlighten me on this? At present the SCST leadership has a whopping £880,000 in the curent account. They got a return on this of £1320 according to the accounts. The growth was 0.15%. Over the same period my busiess HSBC interest rate was 1.1% giving £9680 pa. A difference of £8560. For about 7 years that is a paper loss of £60,000 or 6000 membership fees.

You "would image they would draw up various proposals and put them to the membership". What do you suggest? Equities, bonds, property building society bonds premium bonds Crypto currencies. You tell me.

I have a grip on reality. What is the point of taking milions of the club owners money if you have no plan for it? . If there is a plan what is it? A good lpan is to invest it in Swansea city but that is not going to happen.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2021 20:08]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024