Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust statement 20:05 - Jun 13 with 28897 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The court case is happening at last.

Thanks Joe, a little bit from me to everyone.

Hi folks, this is clearly a topic many enjoy commenting on, but please remain consistent in your responses avoiding potential slurs on any characters involved and remain objective.

Thanks 👍

This post has been edited by an administrator

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Trust statement on 22:47 - Jun 15 with 1339 viewsdobjack2

Trust statement on 22:20 - Jun 15 by ReslovenSwan1

My interpretation is that the SCST are very unhappy at missing the chance of selling their shares while in the PL. They had 21% in 2015 and still have 21% today.

It was speculated in numerous posts that the sellers would be obliged to buy all their shares back at 2016 prices if they won the case. They would in that case leave the club completely. Perhaps things have changed? I am just a fan that wants the best for the club. I do not care one jot for the SCST.

Your interpretation is irrelevant. As is that of everyone else I should add.

If as seems to be the case it goes to court, the decision of the court is what will matter.

Hopefully the truth, whatever it may be, will come out and we can put this issue to bed and move forward.
Trust statement on 00:26 - Jun 16 with 1287 viewsKeithHaynes

Trust statement on 22:47 - Jun 15 by dobjack2

Your interpretation is irrelevant. As is that of everyone else I should add.

If as seems to be the case it goes to court, the decision of the court is what will matter.

Hopefully the truth, whatever it may be, will come out and we can put this issue to bed and move forward.

Club sold without the trust knowledge.
End.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Trust statement on 12:21 - Jun 16 with 1197 viewsReslovenSwan1

Trust statement on 00:26 - Jun 16 by KeithHaynes

End.

According to accounts it is true to say the sellers did not inform the SCST as they nurtured the US people as potential buyers over 2015. Howver they were introduced to the SCST March 2016,. Thse sale occured July 2016. A gap of 3-4 months.

I suspect the sellers feared the SCST would chase the pospective buyers away in delicate negiociations. This has caused some bad feeling. The SCST however had stated in early 2015 their shares were not for sale.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Trust statement on 13:50 - Jun 16 with 1162 viewsdobjack2

Trust statement on 00:26 - Jun 16 by KeithHaynes

End.

You might think that. I couldn’t possibly comment.
Trust statement on 14:28 - Jun 16 with 1134 viewsThornburyswan

Trust statement on 12:21 - Jun 16 by ReslovenSwan1

According to accounts it is true to say the sellers did not inform the SCST as they nurtured the US people as potential buyers over 2015. Howver they were introduced to the SCST March 2016,. Thse sale occured July 2016. A gap of 3-4 months.

I suspect the sellers feared the SCST would chase the pospective buyers away in delicate negiociations. This has caused some bad feeling. The SCST however had stated in early 2015 their shares were not for sale.

For me the sellouts recognised they were struggling to run what was by now a £100M+ turnover business with 360+ staff & wanted to exit stage left sharpish - I think they genuinely wanted to sell to a supportive buyer but the urge to see was strong & with it a growing fear that fully involving the Trust at the negotiation table would at best push back the sale date & at worst put the Americans off the deal.

I suspect the Trust would have, eventually, supported the sale provided they could buy a further 5% taking their shareholding passed the 25% point but I very much doubt our American friends would have been as happy with that outcome.
Trust statement on 14:29 - Jun 16 with 1132 viewsmonmouth

Same old garbage I see. Do you think repetition makes things true? Cant wait for them to trot this tripe out in court…oh no, they wouldn’t dare would they.

As Keith says though I expect a settlement, and indeed the Trust to still be involved with the club. If it comes from the Americans I would fully expect them to go after Jenkins and Dinner for recompense. Spellcheck did Dinner. It must know him.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Trust statement on 14:42 - Jun 16 with 1119 viewsDr_Winston

Trust statement on 14:28 - Jun 16 by Thornburyswan

For me the sellouts recognised they were struggling to run what was by now a £100M+ turnover business with 360+ staff & wanted to exit stage left sharpish - I think they genuinely wanted to sell to a supportive buyer but the urge to see was strong & with it a growing fear that fully involving the Trust at the negotiation table would at best push back the sale date & at worst put the Americans off the deal.

I suspect the Trust would have, eventually, supported the sale provided they could buy a further 5% taking their shareholding passed the 25% point but I very much doubt our American friends would have been as happy with that outcome.

They started bricking it when we had a slight wobble in Laudrup's second season and they saw the potential plummet in value of their shareholdings flash before their eyes. Soon after they made the club pay for a commercial (laughably described as a documentary and somehow budgeted at more than £1m which I'd love to see a breakdown of) selling themselves and the club.

They wanted to sell to Noell and Moores. The Trust put a stop to it. After that the Trust was cut out of the loop so it couldn't happen again. They'd have sold the club to Kim Jong-Un if he'd ponied up enough cash.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Trust statement on 14:59 - Jun 16 with 1092 viewsChief

I don't want to sell my house now.

But in two years time, if the person who I co-own my house with sell their share to someone else, I may reconsider......

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Login to get fewer ads

Trust statement on 15:00 - Jun 16 with 1086 viewsDr_Parnassus

I’d have sold too, without question.

Family first, football a very distant top 5.

The shareholders were never going to be in a position to put their own money into the club and costs had spiralled to a point they may be presiding over a club operating in the minus in the not too distant future. They simply had to get out when they could.

People have misty eyed fantasies over them sorting the Trust out first with a few %, but that few % would have in all likelihood have been all that was needed to put off any potential buyers for the foreseeable future and their share value would plummet as a result.

As disappointing as it was to lose the group that got us to where we were, I don’t blame them at all in the cold light of day. While it may have been the noble thing to do to hang on to the shares until the club had run itself into the ground, plummeted back down the leagues and they have to eventually hand the club over for a pittance to some willing buyer, it’s not really realistic to expect them to want to volunteer that scenario.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Trust statement on 15:10 - Jun 16 with 1069 viewsWhiterockin

Trust statement on 15:00 - Jun 16 by Dr_Parnassus

The shareholders were never going to be in a position to put their own money into the club and costs had spiralled to a point they may be presiding over a club operating in the minus in the not too distant future. They simply had to get out when they could.

People have misty eyed fantasies over them sorting the Trust out first with a few %, but that few % would have in all likelihood have been all that was needed to put off any potential buyers for the foreseeable future and their share value would plummet as a result.

As disappointing as it was to lose the group that got us to where we were, I don’t blame them at all in the cold light of day. While it may have been the noble thing to do to hang on to the shares until the club had run itself into the ground, plummeted back down the leagues and they have to eventually hand the club over for a pittance to some willing buyer, it’s not really realistic to expect them to want to volunteer that scenario.

I have no doubt that in the long run the club is better off without the previous shareholders and I do not begrudge them selling. its just the way that they did it.
Trust statement on 15:31 - Jun 16 with 1047 viewsDr_Parnassus

Trust statement on 15:10 - Jun 16 by Whiterockin

I have no doubt that in the long run the club is better off without the previous shareholders and I do not begrudge them selling. its just the way that they did it.

We are definitely better off without them, they had nothing left to bring to the table. Especially the likes of Dineen who arguably didn’t have anything to bring to the table in the first place.

If someone asked me 20 years ago if some local guys could buy the club for 20k each or whatever it was, take us up to the Premier League, playing wonderful football, keep us there for the best part of a decade, allow us to watch some of the best footballers ever signed to the club in its history, win our first major trophy and go on a European adventure while upgrading the clubs facilities, in return they sell the club in a healthy position and become millionaires as a result.... I’d have snatched their hands off.

It ended the way it did because the Trust were involved who had different aims to the rest of the shareholders. One set of shareholders are human beings with families to think about, the other is a sort of non profit organisation without any emotional decisions to make. They were always going to clash and lock horns the minute they wanted to cash in their chips, that turned out to be the case.

The Trust needed to recognise that and the second they got wind of the fact the shareholders wanted out, their aims needed to change and they should have ensured they were vocal about also wanting to sell. All the noises coming from them at the time was that they had no interest in selling as it was their aim to acquire more shares not less.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Trust statement on 16:04 - Jun 16 with 1024 viewsChief

Trust statement on 15:31 - Jun 16 by Dr_Parnassus

We are definitely better off without them, they had nothing left to bring to the table. Especially the likes of Dineen who arguably didn’t have anything to bring to the table in the first place.

If someone asked me 20 years ago if some local guys could buy the club for 20k each or whatever it was, take us up to the Premier League, playing wonderful football, keep us there for the best part of a decade, allow us to watch some of the best footballers ever signed to the club in its history, win our first major trophy and go on a European adventure while upgrading the clubs facilities, in return they sell the club in a healthy position and become millionaires as a result.... I’d have snatched their hands off.

It ended the way it did because the Trust were involved who had different aims to the rest of the shareholders. One set of shareholders are human beings with families to think about, the other is a sort of non profit organisation without any emotional decisions to make. They were always going to clash and lock horns the minute they wanted to cash in their chips, that turned out to be the case.

The Trust needed to recognise that and the second they got wind of the fact the shareholders wanted out, their aims needed to change and they should have ensured they were vocal about also wanting to sell. All the noises coming from them at the time was that they had no interest in selling as it was their aim to acquire more shares not less.

Even if the trust had made it known that they wanted to sell - in case the other shareholders were going to (the trust shouldn't have needed to - this is partly why shareholders agreements exist I assume), is there any actual evidence that the trust would definitely have been included in the sale anyway? The Americans obviously don't really want to buy the trust's shares. If they did, would have already bid for them. They even left Huw and Morgan with decent shareholdings. To me they seem happy with only having to pay for 68% of a football club, but having 100% control of it. Not sure the trust stating at some point that they'd be open to selling would have made any difference.

Trust statement on 16:09 - Jun 16 with 1020 viewsReslovenSwan1

Trust statement on 14:29 - Jun 16 by monmouth

Same old garbage I see. Do you think repetition makes things true? Cant wait for them to trot this tripe out in court…oh no, they wouldn’t dare would they.

As Keith says though I expect a settlement, and indeed the Trust to still be involved with the club. If it comes from the Americans I would fully expect them to go after Jenkins and Dinner for recompense. Spellcheck did Dinner. It must know him.

There will be no settlement. Americans do not like being pushed around by anyone. Its a national trait.

Trust statement on 16:31 - Jun 16 with 1015 viewsdobjack2

Trust statement on 15:00 - Jun 16 by Dr_Parnassus

It ain’t what you do it’s the way that you do it.
Trust statement on 16:40 - Jun 16 with 1001 viewsWhiterockin

Trust statement on 16:09 - Jun 16 by ReslovenSwan1

There will be no settlement. Americans do not like being pushed around by anyone. Its a national trait.

I didn't think it was the Americans that were being taken to court.
Trust statement on 16:42 - Jun 16 with 995 viewsChief

Trust statement on 16:40 - Jun 16 by Whiterockin

I didn't think it was the Americans that were being taken to court.

I believe both the buyers and sellers are.

Trust statement on 16:44 - Jun 16 with 986 viewsvetchonian

Trust statement on 16:31 - Jun 16 by dobjack2

It ain’t what you do it’s the way that you do it.

Exactly the point

As has often been said before its the underhand sneaky way they went about conducting the sale, also attempting to annul the shareholders agreement...
Still this arguement will rrage on until the day in court...or a out of court settlement reached

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Trust statement on 16:47 - Jun 16 with 980 viewsWhiterockin

Trust statement on 16:42 - Jun 16 by Chief

I believe both the buyers and sellers are.

If its against the buyers as well, how will that not impact on the club.
Trust statement on 16:54 - Jun 16 with 970 viewsChief

Trust statement on 16:47 - Jun 16 by Whiterockin

If its against the buyers as well, how will that not impact on the club.

How do you mean? No action is being taken against Swansea City FC.

Any penalty / settlement will have to come from the personal accounts of the American shareholders.

Trust statement on 16:58 - Jun 16 with 965 viewsWhiterockin

Trust statement on 16:54 - Jun 16 by Chief

How do you mean? No action is being taken against Swansea City FC.

Any penalty / settlement will have to come from the personal accounts of the American shareholders.

No financial impact but possibly it could take their eye off the ball.
Trust statement on 17:00 - Jun 16 with 958 viewsChief

Trust statement on 16:58 - Jun 16 by Whiterockin

No financial impact but possibly it could take their eye off the ball.

Do they have any eyes on the ball in reality?

Surely it's Winter that oversees all the day to day work.

Trust statement on 17:39 - Jun 16 with 934 viewsmax936

Trust statement on 16:04 - Jun 16 by Chief

Even if the trust had made it known that they wanted to sell - in case the other shareholders were going to (the trust shouldn't have needed to - this is partly why shareholders agreements exist I assume), is there any actual evidence that the trust would definitely have been included in the sale anyway? The Americans obviously don't really want to buy the trust's shares. If they did, would have already bid for them. They even left Huw and Morgan with decent shareholdings. To me they seem happy with only having to pay for 68% of a football club, but having 100% control of it. Not sure the trust stating at some point that they'd be open to selling would have made any difference.

This 100%, some people making all sorts of noises in support of the sell outs it sickens me, its obvious that there are hidden agenda's at play here, I don't see how else they can be so blind, they just don't want to see it.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Trust statement on 17:40 - Jun 16 with 927 viewsonehunglow

Surely some of u must be bored rigid with all this

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Trust statement on 20:45 - Jun 16 with 896 viewsReslovenSwan1

Trust statement on 17:39 - Jun 16 by max936

This 100%, some people making all sorts of noises in support of the sell outs it sickens me, its obvious that there are hidden agenda's at play here, I don't see how else they can be so blind, they just don't want to see it.

I am working on the basis that some SCST activist members driving legal action want the club to be a sustainable league 2 team like the good old days.

They are people of low expectation with a fatalist negative streak just as Dylan Thomas described. "Swansea - The graveyard of man's ambitions". The 'sell outs' never read this crap.

The infrastructure is in place for them to inherit when armageddon comes (as it must according to them). They loathe Huw Jenkins for taking the club away from them such that the club has fans all over the world and even now associated with best practice. No one would associate Swansea with best practice in anytime of its pre 2002 history.

It will be run 'by the people for the people' like Exeter city. It will have a board of local big shots wearing sharp suits and shades in the summer as nice floral dresses for the missus. The object will be to get to league 1 and big games v Portsmouth and Rotherham.

This is the future with the SCST. £1m will be enough for Connor and Matt to get them off the wages bill. Vincent Tan is currently sinking piles in Canton for their new academy. The next Joey Allen, Rodon, Roberts and Cabango will not go any further west than junction 33.

Some buy the rhetoric of years of forum propoganda. Not me. All that the forum sages have said is false.

"Hedge funds" -wrong
"Asset strippers" - wrong
"They will leave when the parachute stop" - wrong
" They will never invest wrong" - wrong.
"They will flip the club" - wrong.
"They are taking money out of the club" - wrong (According to Mr Birch head of English football league and a chartered accountant and jolly good fellow to boot.)

Connor Roberts ,Ben Davies, Joey Allen and Joe Rodon were born in South west Wales and are Swansea made. Developed in the academy masterminded and actually built by the so called "sellouts". There have been many specimens like Joes and Connors but they were lost when the club was run by losers.

I am proud of them. Connor is now world famous and should thank the sellouts who backed him all the way from the age of 10.

I just look forward to when the whingers are gone. I expect the US people to drive them out of the club for good.

It you want to wretch be my guest. The moment of truth is here. Anything can happen in court and all the possibilites are bad for the SCST. The funders are licking their lips and will win whatever happens.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2021 20:50]

Trust statement on 21:16 - Jun 16 with 875 viewsBillyChong

Trust statement on 20:45 - Jun 16 by ReslovenSwan1

I am working on the basis that some SCST activist members driving legal action want the club to be a sustainable league 2 team like the good old days.

They are people of low expectation with a fatalist negative streak just as Dylan Thomas described. "Swansea - The graveyard of man's ambitions". The 'sell outs' never read this crap.

The infrastructure is in place for them to inherit when armageddon comes (as it must according to them). They loathe Huw Jenkins for taking the club away from them such that the club has fans all over the world and even now associated with best practice. No one would associate Swansea with best practice in anytime of its pre 2002 history.

It will be run 'by the people for the people' like Exeter city. It will have a board of local big shots wearing sharp suits and shades in the summer as nice floral dresses for the missus. The object will be to get to league 1 and big games v Portsmouth and Rotherham.

This is the future with the SCST. £1m will be enough for Connor and Matt to get them off the wages bill. Vincent Tan is currently sinking piles in Canton for their new academy. The next Joey Allen, Rodon, Roberts and Cabango will not go any further west than junction 33.

Some buy the rhetoric of years of forum propoganda. Not me. All that the forum sages have said is false.

"Hedge funds" -wrong
"Asset strippers" - wrong
"They will leave when the parachute stop" - wrong
" They will never invest wrong" - wrong.
"They will flip the club" - wrong.
"They are taking money out of the club" - wrong (According to Mr Birch head of English football league and a chartered accountant and jolly good fellow to boot.)

Connor Roberts ,Ben Davies, Joey Allen and Joe Rodon were born in South west Wales and are Swansea made. Developed in the academy masterminded and actually built by the so called "sellouts". There have been many specimens like Joes and Connors but they were lost when the club was run by losers.

I am proud of them. Connor is now world famous and should thank the sellouts who backed him all the way from the age of 10.

I just look forward to when the whingers are gone. I expect the US people to drive them out of the club for good.

It you want to wretch be my guest. The moment of truth is here. Anything can happen in court and all the possibilites are bad for the SCST. The funders are licking their lips and will win whatever happens.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2021 20:50]

Uh, hasn’t the academy been downgraded under the Americans?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024