Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 AFTERMATH 14:31 - Oct 17 with 15033 viewsNotLoyal

Following the swans dominant performance against Cardiff next up at the newly named stadium are West Bromwich Albion in the EFL Championship. It’s a night game which means it will be dark, and there will be floodlights and chips no doubt as well.

Match Officials,
There will be a referee, and two other chaps there with flags, another chap will be there but not on the pitch, well, sort of not on it but he will be.

Referee SIMON HOOPER
Flag blokes Daniel Robathan and Derek Eaton
Bloke everyone shouts at called the Fourth Official : Lee Swabey

Hoppy hasn’t reffed a swans game this season, he will be easily spotted as he has a John Hartson haircut.

Swans record against WBA
Games won: 18
Games drawn: 10
Games lost: 17

Latest form guide

Swansea City 0 WBA 0
The last time the sides met was on the 7th March 2020. The game ended in a 0-0 draw. It was Swansea who threatened first as defender Joe Rodon saw a header blocked after rising high to meet a Conor Gallagher free-kick, while Andre Ayew could not divert Rhian Brewster's drive goal-wards. Albion were probing at the other end, but the team who began the day as the division's leading scorers struggled to open Swansea up.

Freddie Woodman was forced into action just once before the break, the on-loan Newcastle goalkeeper diving to his left to save Callum Robinson's shot after Swansea had given the ball away on the edge of their own box. The breakthrough might have come seconds after the restart as Matt Grimes' drive was parried by Albion keeper Sam Johnstone and Jay Fulton sliced the rebound over the bar.

A low Grimes free-kick saw Fulton send another effort over the top before Romaine Sawyers' deflected long-ranger whistled over Woodman's goal. Ayew then saw an overhead kick drift too high before Albion skipper Jake Livermore shot wastefully off target in the dying minutes.

Swansea City on a crest of a wave. Baggies confident of a win. 19th Oct 2021 18:14
Swansea City fresh from their thumping victory over Cardiff go in to their biggest test of the season at the Swansea.Com stadium tomorrow night. A game which has been selected for the Sky Sports main event football match for Wednesday. Both sides have a few selection issues after winning derby games over the weekend, 0

Full strength Swansea City to take on West Brom tonight 20th Oct 2021 11:08
Russell Martin has confirmed he has a full strength side to choose from for tonight’s exciting encounter at the Swansea.Com stadium against West Bromwich Albion. Michael Obafemi could find himself on the bench as the swans go in search of a second home win in three days. 0

Tonight’s teams Swansea City v WBA 20th Oct 2021 18:45
Tonight’s teams at the Swansea.com stadium have been announced. 0

Swansea City stun Albion with a superb second half performance 21st Oct 2021 08:00
A superb display in total football in the second half of this encounter gave the swans all three points to haul them up to mid table in the championship. After a fairly even first half, albeit seeing the baggies go one up, the second half was a master class in possession football and determination in front of goal. 0

Matchday Programme
https://issuu.com/swanseacityafc/docs/swans-west-brom-21-22-programme-v01

More to follow.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 21:53 - Oct 20 with 1238 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 21:52 - Oct 20 by monmouth

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Let’s hope you go and follow your hero in Nottingham. We don’t want to hang on to you.

Why have a go Mon.
We won.,we 're all happy.

Why have a dig at times like these.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 21:56 - Oct 20 with 1213 viewsOldjack

superb performance

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 21:57 - Oct 20 with 1207 viewsmax936

No need to worry about any team in the division after that performance, all be it against a team of bullies.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 21:59 - Oct 20 with 1175 viewsMinesapint

That was a fantastic performance after a such an early goal. Best 45 mins I have watched for a long time from the team. Very encouraging and a real confidence builder for players and fans.
Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 21:59 - Oct 20 with 1167 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 21:57 - Oct 20 by max936

No need to worry about any team in the division after that performance, all be it against a team of bullies.

We have played Fulham / WBA and not been worried in the slightest for me despite the result at Fulham.

Bournemouth look a step above but this guy Russel Martin building something special here.
Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 21:59 - Oct 20 with 1164 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 21:57 - Oct 20 by max936

Im enthused after that.

After 1t minute,thought we d be overun but they dug in and second half were far more direct .

Clear change in tactics and rightly so with playing lnger balls to lethal Piroe.

As I say, we have to try to tie this fella down right now. He wont hang around.

Monsieur is looking utter cla to and I hope he scores soon.

A good night

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 22:00 - Oct 20 with 1163 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Makes it even more frustrating that we didn't sort the manager position out earlier in the summer.
I know one good week doesn’t make a season but the signs are promising that we are on an upward curve at the moment

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 22:04 - Oct 20 with 1121 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 21:30 - Oct 20 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

This is the most impressive 45 minutes of the season.

Aha Rhys is still alive.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 22:07 - Oct 20 with 1094 viewsbuilthjack

Just got to the car, waiting a few mins for the traffic to clear.
Bloody brilliant.
I put £10 on us to get promoted, on Sunday. Odds of 22/1.
I should have put more as i can see those odds dropping by the day.

Maccy D in Crosshands will be a happy place when we stop for our hot chocolate.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 22:08 - Oct 20 with 1072 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 22:07 - Oct 20 by builthjack

Bloody brilliant.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 22:10 - Oct 20 with 1055 viewsmax936

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 22:07 - Oct 20 by builthjack

Bloody brilliant.

How you going that way to get back to Bulith ?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 22:10 - Oct 20 with 1053 viewsThrasher6

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 21:59 - Oct 20 by 34dfgdf54

We have played Fulham / WBA and not been worried in the slightest for me despite the result at Fulham.

Bournemouth look a step above but this guy Russel Martin building something special here.

Well said. It's coming together and it's exciting. We should fear no one in this league.

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 22:10 - Oct 20 with 1052 viewsLittleEnglandJack

I think we can all safely knock the relegation battle talk on the head now. The only way is up now.
Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 22:11 - Oct 20 with 1045 viewsSkipTheJack

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 21:49 - Oct 20 by dobjack2

When we signed Pato I thought he would be a decent squad player. I've always called ithese things right; my first one was when I said Frank Lampard jnr was ok but nothing special.

I distinctly remember saying about Frank Lampard after his loan spell with us: "He's OK, but is he really any better than Shaun Chapple?"
Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 22:11 - Oct 20 with 1034 viewsDr_Parnassus

Just watched it for the first time after a lazy morning.

A game of two halves has never been so apt.

First half, absolutely dour. I had my head in my hands thinking it was another return to what we had seen previous to the Cardiff game. Shaky in defence, negative with the ball, not going anywhere, pedestrian and WBA happy to give us the ball in non dangerous areas. Don’t think we registered a shot on target?

Second half was a huge improvement as we visibly went more direct again and played a higher line. This pinned them back somewhat and we were able to dictate play in more dangerous areas. Patterson and Piroe once again showed their class.

Piroes movement is among the best I have seen at any level. It’s so good it often catches linesmen out who flag him offside when he isn’t, the run is just timed perfectly. Same this time, takes a step back in order to be inside by centimetres and the strength, composure and finish is of someone that doesn’t belong in the second tier. Sublime.

Patterson is also becoming a vital player who scored very important goals, quick footwork and balance again. Now clearly I’m not comparing, but his balance and footwork are Messi-esque, the way he shifts his balance with a low centre of gravity. He’s an absolute handful when he has the ball, he may well be our Dobbie of the Brendan era.

Again well done to Russell Martin who clearly changed mentality of the side at half time and we came out a different animal. Why we revert to type after a win until we get a wake up call I don’t know, but must be addressed going forward. The style of play we saw in the second half needs to be done from the very first minute.

Superb result and further proof that years is not needed to change a side, thankfully it’s looking an awful lot better.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 22:13 - Oct 20 with 1027 viewsangryjack

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 22:11 - Oct 20 by Dr_Parnassus

Just watched it for the first time after a lazy morning.

A game of two halves has never been so apt.

First half, absolutely dour. I had my head in my hands thinking it was another return to what we had seen previous to the Cardiff game. Shaky in defence, negative with the ball, not going anywhere, pedestrian and WBA happy to give us the ball in non dangerous areas. Don’t think we registered a shot on target?

Second half was a huge improvement as we visibly went more direct again and played a higher line. This pinned them back somewhat and we were able to dictate play in more dangerous areas. Patterson and Piroe once again showed their class.

Piroes movement is among the best I have seen at any level. It’s so good it often catches linesmen out who flag him offside when he isn’t, the run is just timed perfectly. Same this time, takes a step back in order to be inside by centimetres and the strength, composure and finish is of someone that doesn’t belong in the second tier. Sublime.

Patterson is also becoming a vital player who scored very important goals, quick footwork and balance again. Now clearly I’m not comparing, but his balance and footwork are Messi-esque, the way he shifts his balance with a low centre of gravity. He’s an absolute handful when he has the ball, he may well be our Dobbie of the Brendan era.

Again well done to Russell Martin who clearly changed mentality of the side at half time and we came out a different animal. Why we revert to type after a win until we get a wake up call I don’t know, but must be addressed going forward. The style of play we saw in the second half needs to be done from the very first minute.

Superb result and further proof that years is not needed to change a side, thankfully it’s looking an awful lot better.

Soon as downes went off and Smith dropped into his role and nuchal came on we were different team
Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 22:14 - Oct 20 with 1020 viewsjackrabbit

That was a truly excellent second half played in truly appalling conditions. You can see the team growing in confidence with every game. And the ball is being played with intent in the areas of the field that matter - the final third. Some of the service to Piroe tonight was excellent. It’s what we have been waiting for. Ntcham, Laird, Grimes, Bidwell and the outstanding Paterson all strained to get the ball forward at every opportunity. And Piroe’s movement and intelligent running helped their cause. I’m very pleased for the players - that was a tremendous win over a very capable, but over-physical West Brom side. But I’m also pleased for the manager who deserved that win. It’s all coming together nicely. Next game the players will bound on to the pitch with a massive spring in their step. Great night.
Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 22:15 - Oct 20 with 1015 viewsFireboy2

Bloody brilliant.

I honestly didn't think we could match the West Brom juggernaut but by god we did.

The boys carried on the good form from sunday, albeit a few scary moments including their goal we controlled the game, a good sign, just hope we can keep it going.

Well done YJBs 🦢
Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 on 22:19 - Oct 20 with 965 viewsAndyCole

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 on 15:15 - Oct 17 by AndyCole

The Baggies were slow, ponderous and uninspiring until the last 1/5th of the game against a clever Brum.

We will run rings around them with Grimes calling the shots in a slightly deeper role, swapping with Downesy who can face up to, negate and counter the rugged Livermore in CM.

If we can get Oba fit, along with Ntcham in the final third we could be unstoppably good, playing a winning, effective and efficient Swansea Way.

Exciting times, finally.

As predicted, a very slow and ponderous Baggies turned up.

Grimesy yet again totally ran the winning show, most especially when he was Unchained from the Dour Downes, a total spare part and waste of a jersey.

Grimesy and our very own BergkamPaterson the stars yet again.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 on 22:20 - Oct 20 with 968 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 on 22:19 - Oct 20 by AndyCole

Grimesy yet again totally ran the winning show, most especially when he was Unchained from the Dour Downes, a total spare part and waste of a jersey.

I thought second half we picked them off superbly. All eleven.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 on 22:27 - Oct 20 with 908 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 on 22:19 - Oct 20 by AndyCole

Baggies ponderous? Bloody poppycock, they were ponderous because we made them look ponderous you buffoon.

Tbf I thought taking downes off was a mistake as I think smith isn't as good but fair dos it was a masterstroke in the end.

Grimes did as well but not as good as most of our top performers, hamer, naughton, cabango, bidwell, laird, ntcham, smith, bennett, piroe and especially patterson 😁
Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 22:28 - Oct 20 with 898 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 20:47 - Oct 20 by onehunglow

It is simply because Kyle Naughton is Not a centre half.
Cabango and Bennett are not full backs.

Its pretty basic stuff really.

Their goal was simply a giveaway within the first minute.

Game mentality an issue for me ,frankly.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 22:31 - Oct 20 with 872 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 22:28 - Oct 20 by Dr_Winston

Indeed 🤣
Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 22:33 - Oct 20 with 857 viewslifelong

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 21:50 - Oct 20 by onehunglow

Don't fret Mike,they'll be happy with the result.

We all talk shyte at times

Speak for yourself.

Only it’s not at times it’s all the time. 👍
Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 22:38 - Oct 20 with 818 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 22:31 - Oct 20 by Fireboy2

Indeed 🤣

He genuinely can't wait to put the boot in. We get a more balanced opinion from Cardiff fans.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024