Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 AFTERMATH 14:31 - Oct 17 with 15034 viewsNotLoyal

Following the swans dominant performance against Cardiff next up at the newly named stadium are West Bromwich Albion in the EFL Championship. It’s a night game which means it will be dark, and there will be floodlights and chips no doubt as well.

Match Officials,
There will be a referee, and two other chaps there with flags, another chap will be there but not on the pitch, well, sort of not on it but he will be.

Referee SIMON HOOPER
Flag blokes Daniel Robathan and Derek Eaton
Bloke everyone shouts at called the Fourth Official : Lee Swabey

Hoppy hasn’t reffed a swans game this season, he will be easily spotted as he has a John Hartson haircut.

Swans record against WBA
Games won: 18
Games drawn: 10
Games lost: 17

Latest form guide

Swansea City 0 WBA 0
The last time the sides met was on the 7th March 2020. The game ended in a 0-0 draw. It was Swansea who threatened first as defender Joe Rodon saw a header blocked after rising high to meet a Conor Gallagher free-kick, while Andre Ayew could not divert Rhian Brewster's drive goal-wards. Albion were probing at the other end, but the team who began the day as the division's leading scorers struggled to open Swansea up.

Freddie Woodman was forced into action just once before the break, the on-loan Newcastle goalkeeper diving to his left to save Callum Robinson's shot after Swansea had given the ball away on the edge of their own box. The breakthrough might have come seconds after the restart as Matt Grimes' drive was parried by Albion keeper Sam Johnstone and Jay Fulton sliced the rebound over the bar.

A low Grimes free-kick saw Fulton send another effort over the top before Romaine Sawyers' deflected long-ranger whistled over Woodman's goal. Ayew then saw an overhead kick drift too high before Albion skipper Jake Livermore shot wastefully off target in the dying minutes.

Swansea City on a crest of a wave. Baggies confident of a win. 19th Oct 2021 18:14
Swansea City fresh from their thumping victory over Cardiff go in to their biggest test of the season at the Swansea.Com stadium tomorrow night. A game which has been selected for the Sky Sports main event football match for Wednesday. Both sides have a few selection issues after winning derby games over the weekend, 0

Full strength Swansea City to take on West Brom tonight 20th Oct 2021 11:08
Russell Martin has confirmed he has a full strength side to choose from for tonight’s exciting encounter at the Swansea.Com stadium against West Bromwich Albion. Michael Obafemi could find himself on the bench as the swans go in search of a second home win in three days. 0

Tonight’s teams Swansea City v WBA 20th Oct 2021 18:45
Tonight’s teams at the Swansea.com stadium have been announced. 0

Swansea City stun Albion with a superb second half performance 21st Oct 2021 08:00
A superb display in total football in the second half of this encounter gave the swans all three points to haul them up to mid table in the championship. After a fairly even first half, albeit seeing the baggies go one up, the second half was a master class in possession football and determination in front of goal. 0

Matchday Programme
https://issuu.com/swanseacityafc/docs/swans-west-brom-21-22-programme-v01

More to follow.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 21:28 - Oct 20 with 1225 viewsJohnw102

Get in Pato.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 21:28 - Oct 20 with 1225 viewsThornburyswan

Oh my Pato!!!
Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 21:30 - Oct 20 with 1194 viewsonehunglow

Brilliant stuff.

Good subs too.

Now then now then now then

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 21:30 - Oct 20 with 1197 viewsmax936

What a goal excellent linking between Piroe and Pato, fairplay we don't do tap ins

Gutted for Cabango been superb 2nd half.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 21:30 - Oct 20 with 1195 viewsjackrabbit

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 21:11 - Oct 20 by jackrabbit

We have one hell of a centre-forward. Sheer quality. Excellent through ball from Paterson as well.

We also have one hell of an attacking midfielder. What an outstanding finish by Paterson. Total class.
Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 21:30 - Oct 20 with 1175 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

This is the most impressive 45 minutes of the season.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 21:31 - Oct 20 with 1173 viewsKeithHaynes

Never doubt a manager with a plan, and players with ability.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 21:31 - Oct 20 with 1168 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 21:30 - Oct 20 by max936

What a goal excellent linking between Piroe and Pato, fairplay we don't do tap ins

Gutted for Cabango been superb 2nd half.

He's a great lad.I think so anyway

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 21:38 - Oct 20 with 1094 viewsEvs

Danny Mills on Soccer Special suggesting West Brom's problem is they don't have a Plan B.

Ironic.
Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 21:41 - Oct 20 with 1058 viewsvetchonian

Great comeback to win that let’s hope we can hang on to Piiroe and Patterson come January

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 21:41 - Oct 20 with 1054 viewsKeithHaynes

Have a word folks.
That was football.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 21:42 - Oct 20 with 1041 viewsmax936

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 21:31 - Oct 20 by KeithHaynes

Brillant 2nd half from us outstanding Cabango excellent and Ntcham, Piroe and Pato different class.
Big shoutout for Hamer, been excellent since replacing Benda.

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 21:43 - Oct 20 with 1020 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 21:38 - Oct 20 by Evs

Danny Mills on Soccer Special suggesting West Brom's problem is they don't have a Plan B.

Ironic.

Our best and most encouraging performance.

Definately more direct against a truly disgusting team of thugs.

When we move it quick ,we look good.

A word for Hamer too... rock solid and Im chuffed for him being ignored for two seasons by Cooper in favour of Woody. If Hamer had played ,we might have gone up

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 21:43 - Oct 20 with 1020 viewsmonmouth

Lol

Cheer up Andy Cole….

Statto gets battered everywhere he goes 🤣🤣🤣

Dry your eyes Vetch.

“You can stick your boring cooper crap up your arse…”

Get in.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 21:44 - Oct 20 with 1000 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 20:05 - Oct 20 by union_jack

Clueless tonight so far.

Well that shut me up!

Benny as well I think🤣

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 21:45 - Oct 20 with 997 viewsmax936

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 21:41 - Oct 20 by vetchonian

Great comeback to win that let’s hope we can hang on to Piiroe and Patterson come January

Just said exactly that to my Mrs.

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 21:46 - Oct 20 with 970 viewstheloneranger

Beautiful football beating pug ugly tactics!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 21:47 - Oct 20 with 961 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 21:44 - Oct 20 by union_jack

Well that shut me up!

Benny as well I think🤣

We started clueless and then ramped up.
Swans win and all is well as far as Im concerned.

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 21:47 - Oct 20 with 963 viewsEvs

Fingers crossed we can keep pushing on now and gain some momentum.

Still early days, but my "nothing burger" is getting quite tasty
Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 on 21:47 - Oct 20 with 951 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 on 17:28 - Oct 20 by vetchonian

I have said as much in the past....dare I say it it makes me wonder what Martin is doing?
HE has played Cabango on the left and Williams on the right in past games despite the fact Williams played mostly on the left for Liverpool last season and Cabango on the right or middle of a 3 for us last season.

I still see no sense in using midfielders to drop back into the back line, though Guidolin did use Britton to do that when he employed a back 3 but usually if and when one of those 3 had driven forwards.

Tonight will be a totally different prospect to Saturday....West Brom are are much beter side and will have more "go" in them than those up the road. I doubt Naughton will have as much space and time as he did on Sunday and playing the system we do I expect Downes and Grimes in our half and defending rather thanmaking play.....

I hope I am worn...work dictates that I wont get there tonight so I will be relying on Radio Wales. but in the words of Gwyn who has been missing of late I hope he is ok

COME ON MY LOVELY BOYS

Don’t panic
Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 21:48 - Oct 20 with 921 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 21:31 - Oct 20 by KeithHaynes

Again, spot on.

Statement of intent tonight outstanding.
Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 21:49 - Oct 20 with 902 viewsdobjack2

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 21:42 - Oct 20 by max936

Brillant 2nd half from us outstanding Cabango excellent and Ntcham, Piroe and Pato different class.
Big shoutout for Hamer, been excellent since replacing Benda.

When we signed Pato I thought he would be a decent squad player. I've always called ithese things right; my first one was when I said Frank Lampard jnr was ok but nothing special.
Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 21:49 - Oct 20 with 900 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 21:43 - Oct 20 by monmouth

Lol

Cheer up Andy Cole….

Dry your eyes Vetch.

Get in.

He’ll have an “itk” rumour to put a dampener on it now.

What a performance tonight, big statement as I said previous post.
Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 21:50 - Oct 20 with 884 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 21:43 - Oct 20 by monmouth

Lol

Cheer up Andy Cole….

Dry your eyes Vetch.

Get in.

Don't fret Mike,they'll be happy with the result.

We all talk shyte at times

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 21:52 - Oct 20 with 880 viewsmonmouth

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 21:41 - Oct 20 by vetchonian

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Let’s hope you go and follow your hero in Nottingham. We don’t want to hang on to you.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024