Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 AFTERMATH 14:31 - Oct 17 with 15289 viewsNotLoyal

Following the swans dominant performance against Cardiff next up at the newly named stadium are West Bromwich Albion in the EFL Championship. It’s a night game which means it will be dark, and there will be floodlights and chips no doubt as well.

Match Officials,
There will be a referee, and two other chaps there with flags, another chap will be there but not on the pitch, well, sort of not on it but he will be.

Referee SIMON HOOPER
Flag blokes Daniel Robathan and Derek Eaton
Bloke everyone shouts at called the Fourth Official : Lee Swabey

Hoppy hasn’t reffed a swans game this season, he will be easily spotted as he has a John Hartson haircut.

Swans record against WBA
Games won: 18
Games drawn: 10
Games lost: 17

Latest form guide

Swansea City 0 WBA 0
The last time the sides met was on the 7th March 2020. The game ended in a 0-0 draw. It was Swansea who threatened first as defender Joe Rodon saw a header blocked after rising high to meet a Conor Gallagher free-kick, while Andre Ayew could not divert Rhian Brewster's drive goal-wards. Albion were probing at the other end, but the team who began the day as the division's leading scorers struggled to open Swansea up.

Freddie Woodman was forced into action just once before the break, the on-loan Newcastle goalkeeper diving to his left to save Callum Robinson's shot after Swansea had given the ball away on the edge of their own box. The breakthrough might have come seconds after the restart as Matt Grimes' drive was parried by Albion keeper Sam Johnstone and Jay Fulton sliced the rebound over the bar.

A low Grimes free-kick saw Fulton send another effort over the top before Romaine Sawyers' deflected long-ranger whistled over Woodman's goal. Ayew then saw an overhead kick drift too high before Albion skipper Jake Livermore shot wastefully off target in the dying minutes.

Swansea City on a crest of a wave. Baggies confident of a win. 19th Oct 2021 18:14
Swansea City fresh from their thumping victory over Cardiff go in to their biggest test of the season at the Swansea.Com stadium tomorrow night. A game which has been selected for the Sky Sports main event football match for Wednesday. Both sides have a few selection issues after winning derby games over the weekend, 0

Full strength Swansea City to take on West Brom tonight 20th Oct 2021 11:08
Russell Martin has confirmed he has a full strength side to choose from for tonight’s exciting encounter at the Swansea.Com stadium against West Bromwich Albion. Michael Obafemi could find himself on the bench as the swans go in search of a second home win in three days. 0

Tonight’s teams Swansea City v WBA 20th Oct 2021 18:45
Tonight’s teams at the Swansea.com stadium have been announced. 0

Swansea City stun Albion with a superb second half performance 21st Oct 2021 08:00
A superb display in total football in the second half of this encounter gave the swans all three points to haul them up to mid table in the championship. After a fairly even first half, albeit seeing the baggies go one up, the second half was a master class in possession football and determination in front of goal. 0

Matchday Programme
https://issuu.com/swanseacityafc/docs/swans-west-brom-21-22-programme-v01

More to follow.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 on 14:53 - Oct 20 with 1747 viewsBadlands

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 on 09:45 - Oct 20 by onehunglow

So amend the system to have him central.

No need. Naughton is a right back so play him on the right in a three
Cabango is a central defender so play him there.
Bennett can play on the left of a three.
Cabango is quicker, quicker passing, more accurate passing and better in the air than Bennett.
Cooper ahead of Cabango????? FFS. The las had one very good game and fell apart the next.
Williams who has played 136 Championship minutes showed some good touches in one game and that is it. IMO he is unlikely to start again for us again as the racists who abused him have got inside his head and he is very unhappy here.
I hope, for his own sake, Cabango leaves in January because Martin is ruining this outstanding young player. He needs to be at a club where he is not messed about.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 on 16:46 - Oct 20 with 1649 viewsjasper_T

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 on 14:53 - Oct 20 by Badlands

Cabango is quicker, quicker passing, more accurate passing and better in the air than Bennett.
Cooper ahead of Cabango????? FFS. The las had one very good game and fell apart the next.
Williams who has played 136 Championship minutes showed some good touches in one game and that is it. IMO he is unlikely to start again for us again as the racists who abused him have got inside his head and he is very unhappy here.
I hope, for his own sake, Cabango leaves in January because Martin is ruining this outstanding young player. He needs to be at a club where he is not messed about.

Cooper has played 7 games this season and was only poor against Preston, when it was obvious to everyone he needed a rest. Did a fantastic job covering for the covid cases. Manager full of praise and justifiably so.
Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 on 17:00 - Oct 20 with 1617 viewsonehunglow

I actually agree with that badlands.

I have always believed Cabango i being messed around and has some pretty dirty posts aimed his way. He s a good prospect to me and to play him a a right back is dumb,almost as dumb as ignoring Whittaker

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 17:03 - Oct 20 with 1625 viewsKeithHaynes

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 17:09 - Oct 20 with 1602 viewsmonmouth

We always get humped after beating Concourse City so I’m not expecting much tonight. It’s hard to come down after all that emotion in a few days and do it all again, and this bunch are a far tougher proposition tonight.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 on 17:28 - Oct 20 with 1574 viewsvetchonian

I have said as much in the past....dare I say it it makes me wonder what Martin is doing?
HE has played Cabango on the left and Williams on the right in past games despite the fact Williams played mostly on the left for Liverpool last season and Cabango on the right or middle of a 3 for us last season.

I still see no sense in using midfielders to drop back into the back line, though Guidolin did use Britton to do that when he employed a back 3 but usually if and when one of those 3 had driven forwards.

Tonight will be a totally different prospect to Saturday....West Brom are are much beter side and will have more "go" in them than those up the road. I doubt Naughton will have as much space and time as he did on Sunday and playing the system we do I expect Downes and Grimes in our half and defending rather thanmaking play.....

I hope I am worn...work dictates that I wont get there tonight so I will be relying on Radio Wales. but in the words of Gwyn who has been missing of late I hope he is ok

COME ON MY LOVELY BOYS

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 on 18:23 - Oct 20 with 1516 viewsAndyCole

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 on 21:18 - Oct 19 by KeithHaynes

Naughton at Fulham.
Was an issue as well as Cabango mate.

Are you hearing the same stuff we are hearing about Oba tonight ?

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 18:46 - Oct 20 with 1482 viewsKeithHaynes

Tonight’s teams Swansea City v WBA 20th Oct 2021 18:45
Tonight’s teams at the Swansea.com stadium have been announced. 0

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 on 19:27 - Oct 20 with 1352 viewsmax936

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 on 18:23 - Oct 20 by AndyCole

Are you hearing the same stuff we are hearing about Oba tonight ?

And that is what ???

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 on 19:45 - Oct 20 with 1279 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 on 19:27 - Oct 20 by max936

And that is what ???

Digging.

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 19:48 - Oct 20 with 1245 viewsTreforys_Jack

Doh !!!
Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 19:48 - Oct 20 with 1241 views34dfgdf54

I know pato give it away but what the hell was Cabango doing?
Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 19:48 - Oct 20 with 1228 viewsonehunglow

Hmm.
Faffing around at the back,especially Naughton-again.

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 19:51 - Oct 20 with 1192 viewsmax936

Grant had all the time in the world just stood there waiting for the fing ball, defence was shocking, like the parting of the red sea, School boy stuff shocking.

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 19:52 - Oct 20 with 1172 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 19:48 - Oct 20 by 34dfgdf54

I know pato give it away but what the hell was Cabango doing?

not forgetting Nauts

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 19:56 - Oct 20 with 1148 viewsmax936

That was a shocking decision that was surely a Red card, he deliberately brought the ball down with his hand, absolute joke.

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 on 19:57 - Oct 20 with 1142 viewsmax936

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 on 19:45 - Oct 20 by KeithHaynes

Digging.

What his garden for a patio?

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 20:05 - Oct 20 with 1067 viewsunion_jack

Clueless tonight so far.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 20:08 - Oct 20 with 1035 viewsbennytheblue

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 20:05 - Oct 20 by union_jack

Clueless tonight so far.

You only show up for the bluebirds don’t you?
Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 20:09 - Oct 20 with 1029 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 20:08 - Oct 20 by bennytheblue

Your game is on red button you know.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 20:26 - Oct 20 with 947 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 20:08 - Oct 20 by bennytheblue

We always have 😂

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 20:32 - Oct 20 with 911 viewsThornburyswan

Ntcham on for Smith at HT for me.
Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 20:38 - Oct 20 with 844 viewsKeithHaynes

Plenty of positives in that first half, we need to negate their extremely effective defensive high line because on numerous occasions the pace of the pitch has beaten us, not their ability to nullify our game plan,

Ntcham could make a big difference, but their relentless fouling could go against them with three bookings already.

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 20:41 - Oct 20 with 810 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 20:38 - Oct 20 by KeithHaynes

Plenty of positives in that first half, we need to negate their extremely effective defensive high line because on numerous occasions the pace of the pitch has beaten us, not their ability to nullify our game plan,

Ntcham could make a big difference, but their relentless fouling could go against them with three bookings already.

I’m thinking they’ll see a red card second half.

We look all over the place at back though, always been a big Cabango fan but him and naughts look all over the place positionally.
Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 20:45 - Oct 20 with 784 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Swansea City v WBA : Matchday Thread : 2021/22 TUES UPDATE on 20:41 - Oct 20 by 34dfgdf54

I’m thinking they’ll see a red card second half.

We look all over the place at back though, always been a big Cabango fan but him and naughts look all over the place positionally.

Might be something to do with the fact that they are not in the correct positions.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024