Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How much is the club worth/valued at now? 20:35 - Feb 2 with 11228 viewsbuilthjack

£30 million?
More?
Less?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 20:36 - Feb 2 with 2812 viewsmax936

Not a clue to be honest.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 20:46 - Feb 2 with 2788 viewsFlashberryjack

It's worth whatever somebody is prepared to pay, unfortunately the value is dropping after every season since we left the top table.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 21:08 - Feb 2 with 2749 viewsbonymine

Well as long as the ‘Top Shagging Travel Agent’ * , the ‘Failed Roofer’ * and the ‘Vendy Man’ * don’t come back from Marbs, Saundersfoot or Ynysmeudwy the price is quite simply what one set of Delaware cowboys will pay another set of Delaware cowboys ……. 🤔🤔

Or is that soo simple ???

* Fictional characters used for the benefit of the comment of course 😉
[Post edited 2 Feb 2022 21:11]

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 21:16 - Feb 2 with 2726 viewsguthrieintherain

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 21:08 - Feb 2 by bonymine

Well as long as the ‘Top Shagging Travel Agent’ * , the ‘Failed Roofer’ * and the ‘Vendy Man’ * don’t come back from Marbs, Saundersfoot or Ynysmeudwy the price is quite simply what one set of Delaware cowboys will pay another set of Delaware cowboys ……. 🤔🤔

Or is that soo simple ???

* Fictional characters used for the benefit of the comment of course 😉
[Post edited 2 Feb 2022 21:11]

What's the chances of Martin Morgan buying it back I wonder.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 21:22 - Feb 2 with 2712 viewsyatesie3

Can't see them selling, they won't get a quarter what they paid so they will just keep selling unfortunately.
Apart from the training grounds the club owns nothing so no worth anyone buying!!
How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 22:21 - Feb 2 with 2620 viewsReslovenSwan1

The club is a going concern with top grade facilities and decent group of players and no debt when the convertible loan note is converted. Hull city was sold for £30m but the owner has had to write off some debts. Sunderland was sold for £40m but that was before Covid in league one.

£30m plus £13m loan note £43m.

Sadly for Swansea city the transfer market has crashed with no sensible offers for good players like Patterson and Fulton. This way Swansea made good money selling James McBurnie and Rodon for £45m. Those days have gone. Lowe and Roberts went for much less. Who can be sold now for even £3m?

Too many clubs cannot shift players unwanted on big money. Fulton will run down his deal at Swansea or on loan somewhere. The club should be very careful about giving new deals to ordinary squad players like Hamer and Smith ​with developing younger players under long contracts.

The US ownership are in it for the long term. If the club could make profits they could pay themselves modest dividends but this never goes down well with fans.

Martin's brief is to bring on the young players but has sent most out on loan. Efforts to fill the team with imported players has been blocked. The academy produced under Jenkins and needs to produce under Allen who is in overall control.

Swansea have a poor record of buying mature players and selling them for a profit. Potter was a disaster and Cooper brought in Peterson who he did not play.

Wise sage since Toshack era

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 22:21 - Feb 2 with 2621 viewsKilkennyjack

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 21:22 - Feb 2 by yatesie3

Can't see them selling, they won't get a quarter what they paid so they will just keep selling unfortunately.
Apart from the training grounds the club owns nothing so no worth anyone buying!!

One season away from £100 million per year, maybe, plus since 2017 the £27m stadium lease.

‘Swansea City FC has agreed to lease its Liberty Stadium home after securing a deal with the council. The Swans will pay the authority £300,000 a year for 37 years’,

If anyone can make a profit from the stadium that is.

Selling the academy facilities and its downgrade is sure to happen at some point.
Its a money drain without Premier League money to finance it.

The value of the current players is not much, we have already sold the players that could command millions.

Beware of the Risen People

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 22:35 - Feb 2 with 2593 viewsmagicdaps10

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 21:16 - Feb 2 by guthrieintherain

Not a chance!
Living in major a and planning his next holiday to the Maldives!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Login to get fewer ads

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 23:02 - Feb 2 with 2562 viewsReslovenSwan1

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 22:35 - Feb 2 by magicdaps10

Not a chance!
Living in major a and planning his next holiday to the Maldives!

I look at the work on Jenkins and Morgan and thank them for they body of work. Swansea was a total basket case for decades before they turned up on the scene.

The club was blighted from time to time by chancers and occasionally criminals and even practical jokers if that was what the guy from Cradley Heath was up to. It was a laughing stock for years.

The council did a deal with them because they knew they were decent local business people not fly by night speculators. Had things continued without them the club could still be at a tarted up Vetch.

'Small town politics' can be pretty toxic. It should not be allowed to derail the clubs future however attractive it may seem to some city based fans. I do not have this affliction.

Morgan and co sold a good going concern. Levien and co and the Trust later saw the benefits of selling the family silver from the academy for £50m. James, Rodon, McBurney and Roberts. They did not have to sell them. These guys were so well developed three might help take Wales to the World Cup.

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 23:24 - Feb 2 with 2547 viewsmajorraglan

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 21:16 - Feb 2 by guthrieintherain

After the initial sale, I actually commented on this forum (when it was Planet Swans) that this was a very realistic possibility, sell high, buy cheap...

My belief is that a lot of fans see Huw Jenkins is seen as the main villain. Martin Morgan doesn’t seem to attract the same level of criticism as HJ and for that reason, plus the money he’s spending at the club sponsorship etc his path back in to the club may be easier.
How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 23:31 - Feb 2 with 2535 viewsmajorraglan

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 23:02 - Feb 2 by ReslovenSwan1

I look at the work on Jenkins and Morgan and thank them for they body of work. Swansea was a total basket case for decades before they turned up on the scene.

The club was blighted from time to time by chancers and occasionally criminals and even practical jokers if that was what the guy from Cradley Heath was up to. It was a laughing stock for years.

The council did a deal with them because they knew they were decent local business people not fly by night speculators. Had things continued without them the club could still be at a tarted up Vetch.

'Small town politics' can be pretty toxic. It should not be allowed to derail the clubs future however attractive it may seem to some city based fans. I do not have this affliction.

Morgan and co sold a good going concern. Levien and co and the Trust later saw the benefits of selling the family silver from the academy for £50m. James, Rodon, McBurney and Roberts. They did not have to sell them. These guys were so well developed three might help take Wales to the World Cup.

They had to sell the players to cut the cloth and balance the books, income dived and there were lots of players on big contracts and outstanding financial commitments to be addressed. On reflection, the last few seasons in the PL saw some pretty poor transfer business take place.

If the club was in such a good state, why did they sell Rodon and then mortgage the future instalments by selling to an Aussie bank?
How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 00:27 - Feb 3 with 2506 viewsReslovenSwan1

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 23:31 - Feb 2 by majorraglan

They had to sell the players to cut the cloth and balance the books, income dived and there were lots of players on big contracts and outstanding financial commitments to be addressed. On reflection, the last few seasons in the PL saw some pretty poor transfer business take place.

If the club was in such a good state, why did they sell Rodon and then mortgage the future instalments by selling to an Aussie bank?

Selling Rodon was good business in this market. £11m. It could be some time before Swansea city see that sort of money again. Was he willing to sign an extension?

The market for Championship footballers has crashed . Only Everton paid silly money and they are paying for it.

The Bank loan was a bridging facility I would imagine to assist in cash flow matters. Spurs staged payment need to marry up with outgoings like paying for Piroe and rates and an advance to Elton John (joke).

No doubt that recruitment went wrong. However even Potter was a disaster.

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 00:43 - Feb 3 with 2501 viewsTreforys_Jack

You thank Jenkins and Morgan, you should have said before mun!!! Interesting you left out LD.
How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 07:09 - Feb 3 with 2455 viewsChief

"The council did a deal with them because they knew they were decent local business people not fly by night speculators. Had things continued without them the club could still be at a tarted up Vetch."

What deal?

The planning for the stadium was started well before Jenkins / Morgan's tenure.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 07:18 - Feb 3 with 2446 viewsmarchamjack

The Trust saw the benefits of selling the family silver…fair play…fantasy island level twisting of the facts even by your admittedly very low bar level 😂

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 07:54 - Feb 3 with 2420 viewsThornburyswan

£30M feels about right - although as a few have already stated football clubs are not like other assets so a keen buyer will pay more & a desperate seller might accept less!

The £13M CLN is an interesting one as you can - as Resolven does - add that onto the £30M & make £43M but that assumes conversion will definitely take place, which is not clear yet & the longer it stays as a loan accruing interest at 5% the more it begins to look more like a debt which could devalue that initial valuation - particularly as £5M of that CLN is not from a current shareholder so he could take the view that as long as he gets his money plus interest back the valuation point of the club is irrelevant to him.

Obviously the less competitive we are on the pitch both the valuation & any possible sale become more difficult, that said some of our recent signings look decent (Piroe, Downes, Ntcham etc) so that helps in maintaining values & at least suggests with the right manager and a couple more good signings could improve the on-pitch results.
How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 08:52 - Feb 3 with 2392 viewsCatullus

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 00:43 - Feb 3 by Treforys_Jack

You thank Jenkins and Morgan, you should have said before mun!!! Interesting you left out LD.

He's not hijacking yet another thread is he!

I reckon the club is worth £26.50, a haddock and a tub of chewing gum. When I have the haddock I'm off to lodge a bid but I'm starting at 20 quid and half the haddock just in case they'll go cheap.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 13:46 - Feb 3 with 2310 viewsTreforys_Jack

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 08:52 - Feb 3 by Catullus

He's not hijacking yet another thread is he!

I reckon the club is worth £26.50, a haddock and a tub of chewing gum. When I have the haddock I'm off to lodge a bid but I'm starting at 20 quid and half the haddock just in case they'll go cheap.

Nobody will convince me he's not related/ friends of Dineen, Jenkins or Morgan. It's his whole narrative.
How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 13:49 - Feb 3 with 2306 viewsjack_lord

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 13:46 - Feb 3 by Treforys_Jack

Nobody will convince me he's not related/ friends of Dineen, Jenkins or Morgan. It's his whole narrative.

I agree. He could even be one of them.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 14:26 - Feb 3 with 2286 viewsmagicdaps10

Anyone know much about a Swansea guy called John Deer, not sure of the spelling of his surname, 80yr old guy worth about 900M?

Supposedly 3rd richest man in Wales.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 14:32 - Feb 3 with 2283 viewswhiterock

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 23:24 - Feb 2 by majorraglan

After the initial sale, I actually commented on this forum (when it was Planet Swans) that this was a very realistic possibility, sell high, buy cheap...

My belief is that a lot of fans see Huw Jenkins is seen as the main villain. Martin Morgan doesn’t seem to attract the same level of criticism as HJ and for that reason, plus the money he’s spending at the club sponsorship etc his path back in to the club may be easier.

Both Morgan and Jenkins currently own 5% of the club
How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 14:38 - Feb 3 with 2273 viewswhiterock

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 14:26 - Feb 3 by magicdaps10

Anyone know much about a Swansea guy called John Deer, not sure of the spelling of his surname, 80yr old guy worth about 900M?

Supposedly 3rd richest man in Wales.

He's a big Swans fan but has no interest in getting involved
How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 14:44 - Feb 3 with 2264 viewsReslovenSwan1

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 13:49 - Feb 3 by jack_lord

I agree. He could even be one of them.

I was born in the Neath valley so perhaps I am distantly related who knows? . I said hello to Huw Jenkins at Swindon once but do not know any of them from adam.

I read the last Trust AGM minutes last night. The Trust stated they wanted to remain as shareholders but accepted a successful court case could see them selling entirely. This is extremely dumb.

Why go to court pay a fortune to get something you do not want?. The organisation seems to be drifting. Only some one called Royston spoke any sense.

The strong 1000 plus 'Welsh Warriors' will soon hand their fate over to an old Etonian part of the English legal elite. He will decide their fate not the members. The member have sold out. Poodles. They simply are not shrewd enough to look after their assets properly and allowed the organisation to get dragged into "small town politics" where unrelated matters nothing to do with Swansea city come into play.
Huw Jenkins Morgan and Dineen went to Old Trafford Anfield and Stamford Bridge to win. They often succeeded. The "poodles" do not like them. I get it and highlight it. They do not like me, either.

The Trust will be filleted like a fish. The bones will be removed and the 60% flesh left will be put in the freezer for 20 years. No one will want it then, How much will the legal action cost?. Member do not know and do not ask. That is all you need to know. The members are now irrelevant. Poodles.

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 15:12 - Feb 3 with 2231 viewsReslovenSwan1

From the last AGM.

Royston Thomas: Legal fees are ripping us off - in 10 years all our money will be gone! If they
were that confident they should do a No Win No Fee basis. Our end game seems to be to sell our shares and lose all influence in the Swans. There must be a better way! Roy Thomas.

[AG] Legal action is always a last resort and is only happening now due to the inability to agree a solution to the issues that have arisen from the 2016 sale. We should remember two things, a) we had agreed a deal in 2017 that would have resolved the issue, however the majority owners walked away from that agreement and b) as a result of the 2016 sale, our shareholding is not sufficiently protected in the current structure of the club, so the status quo is not tenable in our eyes. We remain very open to a negotiated settlement and ONE OF THE AIMS OF THE TRUST IS ALWAYS TO RETAIN A SHAREHOLDING in our club, however that requires both parties to agree. We do agree that if this goes to court, the likely award from a SUCCESSFUL VERDICT WOULD BE THE FULL PURCHASE of the Trust’s shares.

How much is the club worth/valued at now? on 15:22 - Feb 3 with 2218 viewsDr_Parnassus

If they can sell their shareholding via a court remedy then they absolutely should.

They have handled the whole thing horrendously for the last decade, if they can get away from the club with millions in the bank then that’s a fantastic result for both the club and the Trust.

It means we may get a cash injection if it all goes south and we need a lifeline and the amateur organisations presence in the boardroom will be no more in the short term.

Win win.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024