Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do you still have faith in Russell Martin’s system? 15:25 - May 7 with 10104 viewsDr_Parnassus

Simple one here. Yes or no.

If it’s an undecided then best sit this one out.

Do you still trust the process and have faith in Russell’s system or has that faith disappeared. Interesting discussion on the match day thread so this is the overspill.

I’d like to gauge where the views sit after experiencing a whole season of it.

Do you still have faith in Russell Martin’s system?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

[Post edited 7 May 2022 15:28]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Do you still have faith in Russell Martin’s system? on 15:56 - May 7 with 3494 viewsjasper_T

I never did. Some issues can't be solved by getting players more used to it, or buying better ones (if we could even afford that).
Do you still have faith in Russell Martin’s system? on 16:03 - May 7 with 3485 viewsDr_Parnassus

Do you still have faith in Russell Martin’s system? on 15:56 - May 7 by jasper_T

I never did. Some issues can't be solved by getting players more used to it, or buying better ones (if we could even afford that).

Completely with you.

The only hope he had was if he had some humility, realised what he was doing was not working and changed it permanently - needless to say that last ship has now sailed.

It’s slightly amusing he is said to have a no ego policy. I don’t think I’ve witnessed a season with so many diva strops, fallings out and stubborn and egotistical mentality in the managerial set up since I started following the club in the mid 90’s.

These goal kick routines are embarrassing. It’s really transparent faux innovation. I can almost feel his inner smug grin as the keeper becomes a defensive midfielder ahead of the fullback… “this will get me noticed”.

Almost zero attacking benefit when it works, catastrophic when it doesn’t. That sentence was for the goal kick routine, but it could be said, pretty much, for the whole system.
[Post edited 7 May 2022 16:07]

Do you still have faith in Russell Martin’s system? on 16:44 - May 7 with 3405 viewsKeithHaynes

Love the system Doc maybe just a case of having the manager to implement it ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Do you still have faith in Russell Martin’s system? on 16:45 - May 7 with 3396 viewsAndyCole

Do you still have faith in Russell Martin’s system? on 16:03 - May 7 by Dr_Parnassus

Completely with you.

The only hope he had was if he had some humility, realised what he was doing was not working and changed it permanently - needless to say that last ship has now sailed.

It’s slightly amusing he is said to have a no ego policy. I don’t think I’ve witnessed a season with so many diva strops, fallings out and stubborn and egotistical mentality in the managerial set up since I started following the club in the mid 90’s.

These goal kick routines are embarrassing. It’s really transparent faux innovation. I can almost feel his inner smug grin as the keeper becomes a defensive midfielder ahead of the fullback… “this will get me noticed”.

Almost zero attacking benefit when it works, catastrophic when it doesn’t. That sentence was for the goal kick routine, but it could be said, pretty much, for the whole system.
[Post edited 7 May 2022 16:07]

I had high hopes, and posted as such at the outset. It didn't and couldn't possibly last given what we witnessed early doors.

I was looking to continue in the way in which I have always supported our efforts, most often against the grain of discontent of the stupid sheeple on here the past few years. Stupid posters who lambasted Coops from the off and never relented. A few of us resolutely swam against the tide and supported our winning ways. Against all odds.

This term has been a disaster, to the point I and many proper fans stopped going to matches to witness the shambles, the ignominy, the embarrassment. Our box has been largely empty. Our NthEast seats have been largely vacated.

Many of us have been frustrated, angry. I have chosen to reign this in in my posts to date, out of respect for the this site and it's efforts.

I vented elsewhere on a fringe forum, next door. A Martin Out thread which was a Top3 Thread for many months until I got banned for speaking my mind., and for having the audacity of challenging the likes of Prosser and that particular flock of feeble sheeple.

Let's now hope this forum sustains it's relatively high standards of decorum wrt all opinions whilst we go through this next phase of Martin Out on here......

Martin Out.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Do you still have faith in Russell Martin’s system? on 16:49 - May 7 with 3392 viewsDr_Parnassus

Do you still have faith in Russell Martin’s system? on 16:44 - May 7 by KeithHaynes

I’m the other way around if anything.

This system has no legs whatsoever, which is why nobody has ever used it before and why it’s never worked for him. This particular variation of possession football is one of the worst deliberate possession systems I think I have ever witnessed anywhere. I really can’t think of another.

In terms of the manager he needs an ice bucket thrown over him or something as there may be (just may be) something there under all that stubborn ego. Someone needs to wake him up to what on earth he’s doing and make him realise that there isn’t just one way to skin a (vegan) cat… and his way is most certainly flawed in almost every way.

How many more bottom half seasons before he has to realise that?
[Post edited 7 May 2022 16:50]

Do you still have faith in Russell Martin’s system? on 16:53 - May 7 with 3378 viewsmax936

Do you still have faith in Russell Martin’s system? on 16:44 - May 7 by KeithHaynes

And the players, need a certain standard of player to play the way we are trying to play and we have nowhere near the budget to get them in.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Do you still have faith in Russell Martin’s system? on 16:54 - May 7 with 3371 viewsDr_Parnassus

I was wondering who the 1 person who voted yes was… turns out it was me by mistake.

Corrected.

Do you still have faith in Russell Martin’s system? on 17:03 - May 7 with 3356 viewsTreforys_Jack

Do you still have faith in Russell Martin’s system? on 16:54 - May 7 by Dr_Parnassus

I was wondering who the 1 person who voted yes was… turns out it was me by mistake.

Corrected.

Login to get fewer ads

Do you still have faith in Russell Martin’s system? on 17:57 - May 7 with 3281 viewsBadlands

This

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Do you still have faith in Russell Martin’s system? on 18:43 - May 7 with 3219 viewsAndyCole

Do you still have faith in Russell Martin’s system? on 17:57 - May 7 by Badlands

This

Oh dear Badlands, another new low for you :

You 'Love' the system which :

- fannies around at the back, then the keeper hoofs it long into nowhere
- risks everything in the process, most esp fans' patience, acceptance and enjoyment
- makes us look like twps
- loses far more than wins
- achieves bottom half results, always, and regressing
- bores the pants off those of us who yearn for attacking go-fwd wide play
- etc etc.

Poor form, from someone who should know better

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Do you still have faith in Russell Martin’s system? on 18:45 - May 7 with 3204 viewsonehunglow

What system
possession and endless stroking it around at the back
A goalkeeper unable to take control unable to kick a ball straight
Unable to beat teams actually struggling to put a team out

Getting hammered in a way we never were

Keith. This is madness . It has to stop.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Do you still have faith in Russell Martin’s system? on 19:38 - May 7 with 3167 viewsguthrieintherain

Do you still have faith in Russell Martin’s system? on 16:53 - May 7 by max936

And the players, need a certain standard of player to play the way we are trying to play and we have nowhere near the budget to get them in.

Hated the Cooper style but it got results.
Was excited when Martin came in but lost patience over the last few months.

Even a 4.0 win over Cardiff has not changed my opinion.

He is too stubborn has no plan B.
To rigid and the suicidal passing about at the back is crazy.

We need to play with pace ideally would like some old fashioned wingers,never going to happen with Russ.

No centre backs on the bench game after game.
And to compound it we play our best midfielder there.

Replaced 2 keepers with an inferior one to play a system that has never looked like working.
Has shown no game management skills

We are stuck with him unless another club comes in.

But apart from Bob Bradley who only had 11 games I think he is the worse manager we have had since John Hollins and even he could organise a defence.

If he is with us next season I hope he can improve us but this season has not been good enough.

So you can put me down as a no.
[Post edited 7 May 2022 20:08]

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Do you still have faith in Russell Martin’s system? on 20:40 - May 7 with 3046 viewsonehunglow

"stuck with him".
There is our problem

Do you still have faith in Russell Martin’s system? on 01:33 - May 8 with 2847 viewsDr_Parnassus

Do you still have faith in Russell Martin’s system? on 19:38 - May 7 by guthrieintherain

Hated the Cooper style but it got results.
Was excited when Martin came in but lost patience over the last few months.

Even a 4.0 win over Cardiff has not changed my opinion.

He is too stubborn has no plan B.
To rigid and the suicidal passing about at the back is crazy.

We need to play with pace ideally would like some old fashioned wingers,never going to happen with Russ.

No centre backs on the bench game after game.
And to compound it we play our best midfielder there.

Replaced 2 keepers with an inferior one to play a system that has never looked like working.
Has shown no game management skills

We are stuck with him unless another club comes in.

But apart from Bob Bradley who only had 11 games I think he is the worse manager we have had since John Hollins and even he could organise a defence.

If he is with us next season I hope he can improve us but this season has not been good enough.

So you can put me down as a no.
[Post edited 7 May 2022 20:08]

''....But apart from Bob Bradley who only had 11 games I think he is the worse manager we have had since John Hollins and even he could organise a defence.''

Paul Clement would be in the equation too for me.

But Bradley, Clement and Martin are certainly the 3 worst full-time managers I can remember since Cusack. Which was 20 years ago spanning 14 managers.

Do you still have faith in Russell Martin’s system? on 06:51 - May 8 with 2816 viewsguthrieintherain

Do you still have faith in Russell Martin’s system? on 01:33 - May 8 by Dr_Parnassus

''....But apart from Bob Bradley who only had 11 games I think he is the worse manager we have had since John Hollins and even he could organise a defence.''

Paul Clement would be in the equation too for me.

But Bradley, Clement and Martin are certainly the 3 worst full-time managers I can remember since Cusack. Which was 20 years ago spanning 14 managers.

Clement over Martin for me.

We were looking certs for relegation when he joined and kept us up.
Yes he was not great but better than Martin.

Do you still have faith in Russell Martin’s system? on 08:17 - May 8 with 2776 viewsjackal

When it works as at Cardiff it looks great. When it doesn't as yesterday it's awful.

Everyone knows we play it around at the back and forwards put pressure on.
There has to be some variety.

Possession for possession's sake is pointless.
Do you still have faith in Russell Martin’s system? on 09:42 - May 8 with 2713 viewsDr_Parnassus

Interesting that people seem happy to explain their seasons for “no”.

But nobody seems willing to come forward that still believe in this process.

27% have voted yes.

Do you still have faith in Russell Martin’s system? on 10:07 - May 8 with 2658 viewsonehunglow

Do you still have faith in Russell Martin’s system? on 09:42 - May 8 by Dr_Parnassus

27% have voted yes.

Dr P
I keep saying most if not all fans are worried,concerned and reflective.None are excited.
There cannot be a plan for HIM as our owners cannot provide him with the funds.

It is a case of him making do with what he has and what we have cannot play as he dreams.

That said,stroking the ball around at 0-0 against a mediocre QPR side is not really food for fans to gorge on.

Had we not doubled Cardiff his stock would be far lower.

Do you still have faith in Russell Martin’s system? on 10:28 - May 8 with 2626 viewsKeithHaynes

Do you still have faith in Russell Martin’s system? on 16:49 - May 7 by Dr_Parnassus

I’m the other way around if anything.

This system has no legs whatsoever, which is why nobody has ever used it before and why it’s never worked for him. This particular variation of possession football is one of the worst deliberate possession systems I think I have ever witnessed anywhere. I really can’t think of another.

In terms of the manager he needs an ice bucket thrown over him or something as there may be (just may be) something there under all that stubborn ego. Someone needs to wake him up to what on earth he’s doing and make him realise that there isn’t just one way to skin a (vegan) cat… and his way is most certainly flawed in almost every way.

How many more bottom half seasons before he has to realise that?
[Post edited 7 May 2022 16:50]

I doubt he will get another season if the same thing continues mate.
For me he has until the November break, then as a lot of clubs will do his performance levels will be the topic of discussion. He needs to be top six by then or very close.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Do you still have faith in Russell Martin’s system? on 10:39 - May 8 with 2603 viewsonehunglow

Do you still have faith in Russell Martin’s system? on 10:28 - May 8 by KeithHaynes

For me he has until the November break, then as a lot of clubs will do his performance levels will be the topic of discussion. He needs to be top six by then or very close.

Relegation would be a financial hammer blow Keith. Far greater loss than paying Coach off.

Has to go this summer and quick.
I’m hoping anyway

Do you still have faith in Russell Martin’s system? on 11:32 - May 8 with 2547 viewsWhiterockin

Do you still have faith in Russell Martin’s system? on 10:28 - May 8 by KeithHaynes

I agree he will have until the World Cup break to show a vast improvement. With the length of the break there will be quite a few managerial changes.
Do you still have faith in Russell Martin’s system? on 13:03 - May 8 with 2466 viewsguthrieintherain

Do you still have faith in Russell Martin’s system? on 09:42 - May 8 by Dr_Parnassus

27% have voted yes.

Don't be fooled into thinking this website no matter how good and informative gives a true reflection of fans opinions.

Plenty who attend games every week will have a different opinion.

But I must admit the crowd were start8ng to turn slightly yesterday.

Do you still have faith in Russell Martin’s system? on 13:24 - May 8 with 2451 viewsTreforys_Jack

Agreed, sooner if we struggle like I fear we could.
Do you still have faith in Russell Martin’s system? on 19:33 - May 8 with 2366 viewsKulusBeatFactory

No
100%
Do you still have faith in Russell Martin’s system? on 21:06 - May 10 with 2222 viewsAndyCole

27% have voted yes.

It'll be the simple happy clapper multis like STID/Swanee/Swan-si and that gang.

Incapable of rational challenge and individual thought - meek and insecure : need to be seen as part of a gang/flock of sheeple.

Lacking footballing intelligence and nous, most likely only ever played park football at best.

Bottom quartile on the twp scale.

Their silence continues to say it all. Not a bleat. Predictably.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024