Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! 22:00 - Feb 21 with 3766 viewsSwansIndependent

Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! 21st Feb 2023 21:59
Another tale of complete woe for the magnificent turn out yet again at the Swansea.Com stadium tonight. Russell Martin brought in the desired changes but nine seemed to impact the game in the Wayne wanted, and the game was lost and to be honest it wasn’t even close. 0

The sad tale of another sad night, click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! on 22:00 - Feb 21 with 2656 viewsFireboy2

East via the M4.
Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! on 22:02 - Feb 21 with 2644 viewsraynor94

He really does need to go now, but whose going to come in between now and the end of the season?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! on 22:08 - Feb 21 with 2553 viewsunion_jack

Home to bed knowing he’ll be safe as long as relegation isn’t seriously knocking on the door. Of course, that may be too late.

At any other club, and indeed at this one prior to our current owners’ tenure, he’d have gone a while back.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! on 22:14 - Feb 21 with 2476 viewsmax936

Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! on 22:08 - Feb 21 by union_jack

Home to bed knowing he’ll be safe as long as relegation isn’t seriously knocking on the door. Of course, that may be too late.

At any other club, and indeed at this one prior to our current owners’ tenure, he’d have gone a while back.

I just don't see him going anywhere, yanks couldn't care less, they know they've done their money so won't spend anymore.

That's my opinion anyway.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! on 22:20 - Feb 21 with 2408 viewsraynor94

Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! on 22:14 - Feb 21 by max936

I just don't see him going anywhere, yanks couldn't care less, they know they've done their money so won't spend anymore.

That's my opinion anyway.

You can't blame them for not giving him money.

The squad we have should be performing far better

In fairness to OHL he called him a charlatan last season.

I'd rather see Joe Allan take over till the end of the season

Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! on 22:22 - Feb 21 with 2387 viewsvetchonian

to the jobcentre if I had my way

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! on 22:23 - Feb 21 with 2374 viewsmax936

Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! on 22:20 - Feb 21 by raynor94

When I say they won't spend anymore, I mean spending it to get rid of him, read between the lines and keep up at the back Rayn's mun

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! on 22:25 - Feb 21 with 2366 viewsReslovenSwan1

Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! on 22:02 - Feb 21 by raynor94

He really does need to go now, but whose going to come in between now and the end of the season?

A chairman said somewhere he liked to make changes 8 games from the end of the season. This would allow for a new manger bounce and give the manager and good feel about what new players would be required for the the following season. If it is left to the end of the season the new man would not see his charges in action and would likely want to give every one a clean slate including serial non performers.

I believe Martin has been given the task of surpassing last season as a bare minimum with the hope he can adapt to a more successful style. This does not appear to be happening.

His first year was a development season so this season appears to a regression.

Why the adoption of league 1 players (Fisher Darling Sorinola) he knew, would lead to better results is a mystery. This was allied to the de-motivation loss of three potent attacking players Patterson, Obafemi and Whittaker.

Swansea can now only beat the very worst and need a some luck thrown in with it. . Sunderland and Blackpool. As a spiritual man he needs to take a long walk to Damascus to see some sort of light. I sense the refusal to take n hired help (Colin Calderwood) at the start of the season has echoes of the end of Garry Monk.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Login to get fewer ads

Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! on 22:26 - Feb 21 with 2358 viewsBillyChong

The Yanks are probably blissfully unaware that we had a game tonight
Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! on 22:27 - Feb 21 with 2354 viewsJack11

How can anyone refer back to the owners after a performance like that? It’s got nothing to do with them. If you’ve adopted a position of defending the owners over Martin previously, fair enough. If you’re just doing it to save face though, just admit you were wrong, there’s no shame in it. You can’t possibly talk about a shower like tonight though and not place the blame entirely at the manager’s door.
Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! on 22:29 - Feb 21 with 2335 viewsraynor94

Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! on 22:27 - Feb 21 by Jack11

How can anyone refer back to the owners after a performance like that? It’s got nothing to do with them. If you’ve adopted a position of defending the owners over Martin previously, fair enough. If you’re just doing it to save face though, just admit you were wrong, there’s no shame in it. You can’t possibly talk about a shower like tonight though and not place the blame entirely at the manager’s door.

Spot on👍

Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! on 22:39 - Feb 21 with 2240 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! on 22:29 - Feb 21 by raynor94

Spot on👍

The owners are only worth mentioning in terms of the likelihood they will get rid

That performance was all RM.

This football is so bad to watch despite the odd moments - surely even he realises that this will not be good enough - and as for asking for a contract to be sorted in the week 😂

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! on 22:43 - Feb 21 with 2199 viewsmagicdaps10

Probably the end of the road after that show tonight.

Over to the owners.........lets see what their intentions really are.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! on 22:43 - Feb 21 with 2194 viewspencoedjack

Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! on 22:27 - Feb 21 by Jack11

I was pro Martin for a season, gave him the benefit of doubt when things started going wrong this season & have not 1 bit of shame about wanting him sacked tonight.

We all want whats best for Swansea City.
Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! on 22:48 - Feb 21 with 2134 viewsangryjack

Many old supporters around me tonight have said they are not renewing after years and years,that's to go with hundreds I have spoke to around pubs over the weeks,if the yanks don't pull the trigger,they will soon realise there won't be much revenue coming in..
Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! on 23:05 - Feb 21 with 2003 viewsDr_Parnassus

Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! on 22:43 - Feb 21 by magicdaps10

Probably the end of the road after that show tonight.

Over to the owners.........lets see what their intentions really are.

So you judge the owners intentions based on if they happen to agree with your course of action?

A course of action you have only just decided in the last 10 mins!

You guys have been championing him to stay for the last 18 months, calling anyone who dared bring up his clear shortcomings “negative” and questioning their loyalty.

If it makes financial sense to do so, and there is a manager lined up then I’m sure they will do what’s best for the club and get rid.

If not, then they will equally do what’s best for the club and sit tight until such an opportunity arrives. They have far more invested in the health of Swansea than any other supporter.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! on 23:10 - Feb 21 with 1992 viewsangryjack

Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! on 23:05 - Feb 21 by Dr_Parnassus

So you judge the owners intentions based on if they happen to agree with your course of action?

You guys have been championing him to stay for the last 18 months, calling anyone who dared bring up his clear shortcomings “negative” and questioning their loyalty.

If it makes financial sense to do so, and there is a manager lined up then I’m sure they will do what’s best for the club and get rid.

If not, then they will equally do what’s best for the club and sit tight until such an opportunity arrives. They have far more invested in the health of Swansea than any other supporter.

He needs to go one way or another,and these owners can go with him as far I'm concerned
Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! on 23:19 - Feb 21 with 1940 viewsjackdee

You have to admit, as much as it is hard to defend RM, it is equally hard to defend most of the players after our recent performances. I don't see a single voice or any passion on that pitch and we seriously need a captain with a voice. And if RM is still here picking the side for Monday he would do well to take the captaincy from Grimes.

BTIIC

Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! on 23:20 - Feb 21 with 1930 viewsmagicdaps10

Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! on 23:05 - Feb 21 by Dr_Parnassus

If a decision needs to be made then they need to grow a pair and do so.........sitting on their hands waiting for the right opportunity is not the way to go.

As for myself, tonight was the worst thing I have seen for a while for the first 2 Stoke goals and the 3rd was not much better.
He's struggling young manager who I think is struggling mentally since the window closed.

Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! on 23:24 - Feb 21 with 1907 viewsTreforys_Jack

Hallelujah, common sense.
Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! on 23:29 - Feb 21 with 1878 viewsmagicdaps10

Do you believe he deserves to be sacked or not?

Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! on 23:29 - Feb 21 with 1877 viewsSTID2017

Personally I can see him resigning after tonight.
The atmosphere didn't even reach toxic, it had more of a resigned feeling to it and this was, for a large part reflected in the performance.
Martin also failed to come onto the pitch ( unless I missed it ) and thank the fans.
For me a sign that he has had enough.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! on 23:35 - Feb 21 with 1858 viewsBadlands

Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! on 22:20 - Feb 21 by raynor94

They have given him money.
And they have given him time. But, just as they did with Jenkins, they have given him too much time.
They should also consider the position of Winter who, as CEO should be running the club on their behalf.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! on 23:37 - Feb 21 with 1854 viewsmagicdaps10

Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! on 23:29 - Feb 21 by STID2017

Personally I can see him resigning after tonight.
The atmosphere didn't even reach toxic, it had more of a resigned feeling to it and this was, for a large part reflected in the performance.
Martin also failed to come onto the pitch ( unless I missed it ) and thank the fans.
For me a sign that he has had enough.

That was bad tonight STID!

The basic defending of balls played forward was unbelievable......the high % of balls were won by Stoke, be it a header a 50/50 and they were picking up an alarming amount of 2nd balls.

I have always seen a glimmer of hope with his football but Martin is a broken man and its reflecting heavily especially tonight........i can't see him resigning though.

Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! on 23:38 - Feb 21 with 1850 viewsBadlands

Where does Russell Martin go now ? Another night of the same old ! on 22:48 - Feb 21 by angryjack

Many old supporters around me tonight have said they are not renewing after years and years,that's to go with hundreds I have spoke to around pubs over the weeks,if the yanks don't pull the trigger,they will soon realise there won't be much revenue coming in..

With all due respect they can, IMHO, sod off.
If you are Swansea fan you are aSwansea fan through good and bad.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024