Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andy King - A Championship Player ? 09:10 - Feb 1 with 4151 viewsSTID2017

Over four seasons he's made an average of 21 appearances per season (total 73 PL appearances), scoring 6 goals.
By comparison over six seasons, Ki has made an average of 25 appearances per season (total 152 PL appearances) scoring 10 goals.
We know Ki has flattered to deceive quite often, but nothing in King's record suggests he's less than a PL standard player.
Let's give him a chance before berating him guys

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Andy King - A Championship Player ? on 09:36 - Feb 1 with 2953 viewsjackjackjackjack

"Markovic has not played a competitive game for Liverpool since May 2015, a six-minute cameo at Anfield against Queens Park Rangers. His last start for the club came at Wembley against Aston Villa in the FA Cup semi final. In a move which perhaps sums up his Reds career, he played as a wing-back before being substituted at half time.

Since then, he's been farmed off to Fenerbahce, shipped out to Sporting Lisbon and headed off to Hull City. Forty-eight appearances for three clubs — not many of them memorable."

A bit on Markovic from the Liverpool local paper. Give Andy King a chance, let's hope he plays well for us.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Andy King - A Championship Player ? on 09:41 - Feb 1 with 2931 viewspencoedjack

I think Andy King will be a decent option off the bench.

Maybe he has something to prove.
Andy King - A Championship Player ? on 09:46 - Feb 1 with 2900 viewsFireboy2

He is at a club with some really good midfield players and im surprised with that he has made that many appearances

He is a solid pro who i think is here because of his experience in the PL and will put pressure on the other midfielders

Lets give him a chance please as im sure he will try his best

And oh yes hes welsh

Andy King - A Championship Player ? on 09:48 - Feb 1 with 2899 viewsProfessor

King is a solid enough player. Reliable and experienced cover. I don't think he will let us down, though equally unlikely to pull up any trees. We simply need to keep going as we are. King is a bit more robust than Carroll as an option. Ayew adds an attacking option which is far better covered now with Clucas playing where he is suited. Right for Oli Mc and Fulton to go out on loan. Shame neither Baston or Mesa worked out, but that is now the past and time to move on. We are very much masters of our own destiny and have momentum now which WBA, Soton, Stoke, Hudds, Newcastle and Watford would all love. It will be a real battle and thankfully no one key to this has gone and we have at least 2 more players likely to be in a match day squad.
Andy King - A Championship Player ? on 09:49 - Feb 1 with 2889 viewsLoyal

Never rated him, never seen him have a good game in red.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Andy King - A Championship Player ? on 09:59 - Feb 1 with 2848 viewsFireboy2

Andy King - A Championship Player ? on 09:49 - Feb 1 by Loyal

Never rated him, never seen him have a good game in red.

Thats because he isnt international class

And he isnt renowned for being a creative player,just a solid hardworking midfielder
Andy King - A Championship Player ? on 10:05 - Feb 1 with 2820 viewsDr_Winston

Any player that the Planetswans mob doesn't rate is a Championship player. Best to tune the flock out and form your own conclusions.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Andy King - A Championship Player ? on 10:08 - Feb 1 with 2800 viewspencoedjack

Andy King - A Championship Player ? on 09:59 - Feb 1 by Fireboy2

And he isnt renowned for being a creative player,just a solid hardworking midfielder

A far better option than Tom Carroll from the bench

Anyone care to disagree ?
Login to get fewer ads

Andy King - A Championship Player ? on 10:17 - Feb 1 with 2767 viewsjasper_T

Andy King - A Championship Player ? on 09:59 - Feb 1 by Fireboy2

If he's not international class we're fcked as the Premier League is a big step up on the vast majority of international fixtures.
Andy King - A Championship Player ? on 10:32 - Feb 1 with 2711 viewsangryjack

Andy king is garbage end of...
Andy King - A Championship Player ? on 10:36 - Feb 1 with 2694 viewsEU5Makaveli

Not really what we expected or hoped for but will be a solid addition to the squad. If Carlos is looking to persist with this 5-4-1 formation then we needed cover for Ki and Fer, and that’s exactly what King will be.
Andy King - A Championship Player ? on 10:39 - Feb 1 with 2680 viewsDrGonzo

One paced, terrible player.

Anyone who has watched him play for Wales can tell you this. He has zero qualities.

Starting to think Jenkins and co have brought him in just to wind us up. We'll be signing Neil Taylor back next.
Andy King - A Championship Player ? on 10:51 - Feb 1 with 2644 viewsJohnw102

Not an upgrade on Jack Cork IMO!

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Andy King - A Championship Player ? on 10:53 - Feb 1 with 2636 viewsswancity

King is one of those players who just gets on with his job, unsung, hard working reliable and a good pro who will strengthen the squad. Rarely a stand out performer but someone you can rely on to put in a good shift week after week in the mould of a Jack Cork. 👍

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Andy King - A Championship Player ? on 10:57 - Feb 1 with 2623 viewsBloodyhills

Let's hope he does well for us and I shall reserve judgement until after I've seen what he contributes.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Andy King - A Championship Player ? on 11:04 - Feb 1 with 2604 viewsJacket

It's a call made by the manager to go for him rather than Markovic, and I for one am glad he's been listened to. He's the one who has to work with them. A pauper's Joe Allen, very much second string for Leicester and Wales but I can see him fitting into the style of play of the last two games. Is it an inspiring signing, hell no, will he keep Fer and Ki looking over their shoulders and not getting complacent, hell yes.

As for him v Mesa. Better to have a half decent player who's utilized than a good player that isn't used.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2018 11:07]
Andy King - A Championship Player ? on 11:07 - Feb 1 with 2587 viewsjedmo_jack

We play with a lot of central midfield players right now so he's good cover

If CC preferred King to Markovic then in CC we trust
Andy King - A Championship Player ? on 11:10 - Feb 1 with 2560 viewsperchrockjack

Planet swans Mob ? Indeed .

King is a mirror image of Cork.

Pity he can't play right back as that position is the one that really could cost us

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Andy King - A Championship Player ? on 11:19 - Feb 1 with 2538 viewsDevz00

Andy King - A Championship Player ? on 10:32 - Feb 1 by angryjack

Andy king is garbage end of...

And a Premier League Winner.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Andy King - A Championship Player ? on 11:27 - Feb 1 with 2512 viewstheloneranger

Andy King - A Championship Player ? on 11:04 - Feb 1 by Jacket

It's a call made by the manager to go for him rather than Markovic, and I for one am glad he's been listened to. He's the one who has to work with them. A pauper's Joe Allen, very much second string for Leicester and Wales but I can see him fitting into the style of play of the last two games. Is it an inspiring signing, hell no, will he keep Fer and Ki looking over their shoulders and not getting complacent, hell yes.

As for him v Mesa. Better to have a half decent player who's utilized than a good player that isn't used.

I don't think Fer or Ki have ever looked over their shoulders and worried about losing their places.

Andy King is a typical Jenkins signing....he's scored a goal against us.

At least being a Welsh side we can say we've got a Welsh International playing for us!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Andy King - A Championship Player ? on 11:35 - Feb 1 with 2493 viewsJacket

Andy King - A Championship Player ? on 11:27 - Feb 1 by theloneranger

I don't think Fer or Ki have ever looked over their shoulders and worried about losing their places.

Andy King is a typical Jenkins signing....he's scored a goal against us.

At least being a Welsh side we can say we've got a Welsh International playing for us!!

Complacency is always a worry with Fer. So if he gets into that trap, King will take his place. I'd say they're both the same kind of level, just that Fer has a tendancy for being lazy. Is he an improvement on Cork, on current form definately not. But no one was sad to see Cork go, and if you compare King with the Cork of last season, I'd say they're roughly comparable, with King slightly more up for the fight. You know you'll always get 100% from King, for Wales, for Leicester and it'll be no different here.
Andy King - A Championship Player ? on 11:41 - Feb 1 with 2455 viewsFireboy2

Andy King - A Championship Player ? on 11:04 - Feb 1 by Jacket

Well said sir
Andy King - A Championship Player ? on 12:04 - Feb 1 with 2409 viewsPhil_S

It's not like us as Swans fans to write off a player before he has pulled on the shirt...
Andy King - A Championship Player ? on 12:15 - Feb 1 with 2380 viewsMrSwerve

To be honest, I'm getting a bit sick of this 'Premier League player' thing. Unless they are a star of football, they aren't of any use.

The bottom 10-12 teams in the Premier League are full of (what people on here would call) 'Championship level players'. We simply can't compete with the top 6 financially, to get the highest calibre of player in. We're in the same position as half of the league...a squad full of 'championship players', with a handful of players who could be labelled 'Premier League players'.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Andy King - A Championship Player ? on 12:23 - Feb 1 with 2341 viewsjasper_T

Andy King - A Championship Player ? on 12:15 - Feb 1 by MrSwerve

To be honest, I'm getting a bit sick of this 'Premier League player' thing. Unless they are a star of football, they aren't of any use.

The bottom 10-12 teams in the Premier League are full of (what people on here would call) 'Championship level players'. We simply can't compete with the top 6 financially, to get the highest calibre of player in. We're in the same position as half of the league...a squad full of 'championship players', with a handful of players who could be labelled 'Premier League players'.

We're short of Premier League players. We've sold all of them.

Every club has "Championship-level" players. Fergie's United had a few while they were winning titles. The problem is when you have too many of them you end up getting relegated.

Signing more makeweight squad players won't get us out of the mess we're in.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024